Page 2074 of 2443 FirstFirst ... 20692070207120722073207420752076207720782079 ... LastLast
Results 62,191 to 62,220 of 73262

Thread: Upcoming Shows

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Default Re: Upcoming Shows

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Itll be like The Decemberists in 2007.
    I wasn't at that one, but I did see both Belle & Sabastian and Beck with the L.A. Phil and both of those were fantastic.
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar

Fidlar is such a terrible band. So, so bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

Saw Muse on Saturday at Staples and The Who last night at Honda Center, both great shows. Band of Skulls and Vintage Trouble were great openers though I'd have to give the edge to Vintage Trouble with their infectious live energy. (Keep in mind I was at the barrier for the former and across in the nosebleeds for the latter.)

Got in line for Muse around 3:30, snagged a spot one row behind the barrier to the left. The setup was pretty insane and, minus the 'pyramid', reminded me of The Police's semi-in-the-round setup in '07. My memories of seeing Muse at the Forum in '07 are vague, but looking back at a few video clips that show seemed a little looser and not afraid to show a little more musicality. This was a highly arranged show, which I enjoy, and it was fun being up front, but definitely felt like a stadium show in an arena. Hardly any banter, which may have been the case the time before. Matt Bellamy looked ridiculous with his puffy shirt and cum-gelled hair. He also wore some type of electronic sunglasses during "Madness". The setlist was much better than expected - they played "Map of the Problematique" (my favorite) AND "Hysteria" (which I can't believe they're dropping from the set). Looking at the other nights' setlists I think I lucked out as one less familiar with Showbiz/Origin.

Question: Is it common practice for security to be constantly stepping up on the barrier and shining flashlights in people's faces for significant lengths of time to deter them from filming the show? Because that's what was going on and it was annoying. People aren't going to stop, anyway, if he can't get to them. Why detract from everyone else's enjoyment?

Our seats for The Who were good, for nosebleeds. Opposite end of the arena, head on view. They played all of Quadrophenia which admittedly I wasn't familiar with so I gave it a few spins yesterday. It's really good, probably better than Tommy. So that was nice, they didn't say a word to the audience until the 80-minute performance was done and then they played a smattering of hits starting with "Who Are You" (a personal highlight). They played all the major songs I wanted to hear minus "My Generation" and "Can't Explain", neither of which were really essential for me. All in all much more enjoyable than I expected. Even though there's only two originals left the touring band was pretty remarkable. Zac Starkey (Ringo's son!) pulled off Keith Moon pretty damn well. On bass was Pino Palladino who I first learned about from the John Mayer Trio. And Pete Townshend's son was in the band as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    I wasn't at that one, but I did see both Belle & Sabastian and Beck with the L.A. Phil and both of those were fantastic.
    Mix of the band playing songs with the orchestra and without. Hopefully its not a short set.

Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    Saw Muse on Saturday at Staples and The Who last night at Honda Center.
    Yes bitch, theyre doing their job.
    Last edited by suprefan; 01-29-2013 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    It was a Green Day show and they invited everyone on stage. I was one of about 50 people there, and as I was getting off the stage, he grabbed me by the throat, slammed me on the ground and, as he was choking me yelled, "Stay off the stage motherfucker!!!" I was understandably pissed, and wish now that I know what I do back then, because I would have called the cops and filed a formal report and had that guy's ass in jail for battery.
    Was that the Foxboro Hot Tubs show?

Yup.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

09/29 - The xx @ Hollywood Bowl
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

http://bassrush.com/event.php?event=992

netsky LIVE fonda april 5

Quote Originally Posted by dorkfish View Post
    09/29 - The xx @ Hollywood Bowl
    say what?!?!!?

Its not up yet. Most likely a special ''bowl event''.

Quote Originally Posted by swhite423 View Post
    say what?!?!!?
    i am sure you're going to fork over $75 to be close.

Its not up yet. Most likely a special ''bowl event''.

i am sure you're going to fork over $75 to be close.
    I would expect even more. Hopefully they get some real good openers for that show.

I'm waiting for Chris to tell you the openers will suck but that you will still fork over a million dollars and then you will tell him how big of an asshole he is.
    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.

9/22/13 The Hollywood Bowl

M83 with the Hollywood Bowl Orchestra
    Phantogram
    Bleh, that Disney Concert Hall gig was a fucking shit show... PASS.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    I'm waiting for Chris to tell you the openers will suck but that you will still fork over a million dollars and then you will tell him how big of an asshole he is.
    I could care less. He gets his information out, even if he can be off putting about it. Ive seen the xx, and wouldnt pay that much for them, but if it was reasonable i would go.

Just fucking with you kiddo... I'm sure they will be reasonable, there's no way the xx are going to fill the garden section for more than $75 a pop.

Just fucking with you kiddo... I'm sure they will be reasonable, there's no way the xx are going to fill the garden section for more than $75 a pop.
    Its all good man i understand. yeah I would think the same, but Hollywood Bowl seems notorious to charge more then usual for some bands as of the last two years. either way this show will probably get scalped to death just like their other LA shows have been

Quote Originally Posted by swhite423 View Post
    Its all good man i understand. yeah I would think the same, but Hollywood Bowl seems notorious to charge more then usual for some bands as of the last two years. either way this show will probably get scalped to death just like their other LA shows have been
    You're paying for the building as much as you are the bands. Inflation is a bitch. Gone are the days The Bowl had 2 dollar bench seats. And considering you dont get a chance to be able to buy a lot of the prime seats due to the people who pay for them year in and year out including the brokers, what can you do. Also, ''scalping to death'' 5% of the capacity of a venue is hardly somethign to bitch about. Then again, its all the good seats. And you know The Bowl auctions off all the good seats for leases and some of the bowl events, right?
    Last edited by suprefan; 01-29-2013 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nick5745 View Post
    http://bassrush.com/event.php?event=992

netsky LIVE fonda april 5
    On my Birthday... Perfect!
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    They check your age at a rave? That means its not a rave.

You're paying for the building as much as you are the bands. Inflation is a bitch. Gone are the days The Bowl had 2 dollar bench seats. And considering you dont get a chance to be able to buy a lot of the prime seats due to the people who pay for them year in and year out including the brokers, what can you do. Also, ''scalping to death'' 5% of the capacity of a venue is hardly somethign to bitch about. Then again, its all the good seats.
    Well last year I had the best luck Ive ever had with tickets there. 3rd row pool for both Florence and Mumford(first two rows were right in front, not sure what that is though) so its doable if you get lucky enough. I wouldnt think the people that pay are very interested in The XX, but maybe not. I understand its a pricey venue though.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

In 6 months the XX had no problems selling close to 9,000 tickets across 3 shows in L.A. I thin you guys are underestimating their popularity, especially when they end up stacking the show with very desirable openers.
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

In 6 months the XX had no problems selling close to 9,000 tickets across 3 shows in L.A. I thin you guys are underestimating their popularity, especially when they end up stacking the show with very desirable openers.
    Oh i totally get it, I mean, theyre are 2nd name on their day at Coachella. Itll be good to see who they get to open for them though.

You're paying for the building as much as you are the bands. Inflation is a bitch. Gone are the days The Bowl had 2 dollar bench seats. And considering you dont get a chance to be able to buy a lot of the prime seats due to the people who pay for them year in and year out including the brokers, what can you do. Also, ''scalping to death'' 5% of the capacity of a venue is hardly somethign to bitch about. Then again, its all the good seats. And you know The Bowl auctions off all the good seats for leases and some of the bowl events, right?

Wonder how much Rolling Stones Hollywood Bowl tickets are going to be?
    "why are you so annoying" TheKlein25

I'm sure they won't have a problem filling it if it's within a certain price range, anything above $80 or so for good seats is going to be a tough sell for them, regardless of openers. But I'm sure they won't price it that high, the people behind it know the consumer demographic pretty fucking well for a gig like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    Wonder how much Rolling Stones Hollywood Bowl tickets are going to be?
    Probably the price of a 3 day pass for a good seat.

Probably the price of a 3 day pass for a good seat.
    They cost more than that in 2005
    "why are you so annoying" TheKlein25

The cheap seats might be decently priced if they play something like Dodger Stadium, no? Or the Coliseum?
    Arcade Fire - Sir Richard Bishop, Bill Orcutt - Spoon - Paul McCartney - Steve Gunn - Beserktown Fest - Slint - Sleep - Swans - Owen Pallett - Neutral Milk Hotel - Chris Thile & Edgar Meyer - Bobby Bradford Quartet - Matana Roberts - Wadada Leo Smith, Anthony Braxton - Thurston Moore, Sebadoh - Songs for Unseen Warhol Films - Ben Frost, Tim Hecker, Pete Swanson - Ryoji Ikeda - Slowdive - A Winged Victory for the Sullen - John Zorn Marathon

I will go for the cheapest seats possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

Boris - From the Past, Present, and Through the Future
    Night 1: All Time Classics - A night of songs spanning Boris' entire career including some songs they have never played live in the US!
    Night 2: Flood - A performance of the cult classic album "Flood" followed by an experimental/drone set

05/01 Washington DC @ Rock and Roll Hotel
    05/02 Washington DC @ Rock and Roll Hotel
    05/04 Allston, MA @ Brighton Music Hall
    05/05 Allston, MA @ Brighton Music Hall
    05/06 New York, NY @ Le Poisson Rouge
    05/07 New York, NY @ Le Poisson Rouge
    05/10 Chicago, IL @ Lincoln Hall
    05/11 Chicago, IL @ Lincoln Hall
    05/18 Seattle, WA @ The Crocodile
    05/19 Seattle, WA @ The Crocodile
    05/21 San Francisco, CA @ Rickshaw Stop
    05/22 San Francisco, CA @ Rickshaw Stop
    05/23 Los Angeles, CA @ The Echoplex
    05/24 Los Angeles, CA @ The Echoplex
    Last edited by Boourns; 01-30-2013 at 08:57 AM.
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale