Page 2019 of 2457 FirstFirst ... 20142015201620172018201920202021202220232024 ... LastLast
Results 60,541 to 60,570 of 73695

Thread: Upcoming Shows

Default Re: Upcoming Shows

Soundgarden -- 2012 Tour Dates
    11/7 FZW Dortmund, Germany
    11/9 Shepherd's Bush Empire London, UK
    11/13 Irving Plaza New York, NY
    11/16 Phoenix Theater Toronto, ON
    11/27 Fonda Theatre Los Angeles, CA

8/19 Run the Jewels @ Sir Stage 37
    8/21 The Clean @ Rough Trade
    8/21 J Rocc/GE-OLOGY @ Panther Room
    8/23 Bad Brains/Trash Talk @ Afropunk
    8/23 Kevin Saunderson @ TBA
    8/24 D'Angelo @ Afropunk

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    Good luck today! Did you try getting those $800 "pit" tickets through facebook presale last weekend or AMEX presale? Ticketmaster is definitely going to crash today at noon! In case you get shut out, you can catch the second show from your house

Well it looks like after playing for 700 people last night in Paris, they're playing again on Monday....

Rolling Stones at Trabendo - 10/25/12 Setlist:
    Route 66 (Nat King Cole)
    It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It)
    Shattered
    When the Whip Comes Down
    Champagne & Reefer (Muddy Waters)
    Doom & Gloom
    Miss You
    Start Me Up
    Midnight Rambler
    Tumbling Dice

Encore:
    Jumpin' Jack Flash
    Brown Sugar

The Rolling Stones played another secret gig last night in Paris.

The rock legends tore through 12 tracks at the 1,800 capacity venue le Théâtre Mogador, playing hits including 'Tumbling Dice', 'It's Only Rock 'N' Roll (But I Like It)' and 'Honky Tonk Women'. They also played new single 'Doom And Gloom'. Watch fan-filmed footage of them arriving at the venue below.

The gig follows the band's first performance in over five years last Thursday (October 25) at the tiny 600-capacity La Trabendo venue. The Stones hadn't played together since August 2007, when they finished up their two-year Bigger Bang tour.

Ronnie Wood previously revealed to NME that the band would perform tiny warm-up gigs under their Cockroaches guise during their breaks from rehearsing in Paris.

"There's going to be little club gigs that we’re gonna surprise ourselves to do," he said. "We’ll bung a few in next week or the week after, so look out for any Cockroaches gigs or whatever! I don’t know who we’ll be billed as but we’ll turn up somewhere and put a few to the test. Tiny, 200, 300 people kind of places."
    10/29

8/24 D'Angelo @ Afropunk

Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Anyone going to Pantha du Prince at the Echo tonight?
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto73 View Post
    I'd contribute to this discussion but I'm still busy reminiscing about the halcyon days of punk. You know, the mid-90s.

12/19 & 12/20 @ Le Poisson Rouge

Next month, Wordless Music welcomes back an old friend, Max Richter, for the U.S. premiere of his Vivaldi Recomposed project, for which the composer re-imagined the music of that ubiquitous 1725 baroque chestnut, The Four Seasons, and, in so doing, created an entirely new and original score. In Max Richter's own words:

"The Four Seasons is an omnipresent piece of music and like no other part of our musical landscape. I hear it in the supermarket regularly, am confronted with it in adverts, or hear it as muzak when on hold...the biggest challenge was to create a new score, an experimental hybrid, that constantly references 'Vivaldi' but also 'Richter,' and which is current but simultaneously preserves the original spirit of this great work...In my notes you will find parts that consist of 90% of my own material; but on the other hand you will find moments where I have only altered a couple of notes in Vivaldi’s original score and shortened, prolonged or shifted some of the beats. I literally wrote myself into Vivaldi’s score.”

December's Vivaldi Recomposed concerts will be Max Richter's first NYC appearances in four years, and will be performed live by the 25 musicians of Ensemble LPR, violin soloist Daniel Hope, and Max Richter on synthesizer and electronics. In addition, Max Richter and string players from Ensemble LPR will perform selections from the composer's widely influential discography.

ps For anyone going to see Clint next April....

By popular demand: we have added a second performance (on Wednesday, April 3) by English composer Clint Mansell, best known for his scores to the Darren Aronofsky films Black Swan, Requiem for a Dream, The Wrestler, Pi, and The Fountain, as well as his work with the '90s industrial band Pop Will Eat Itself.

This very rare event will take place at one of New York's most extraordinary spaces, the Church of St. Paul the Apostle, and will feature Clint Mansell performing live with the Sonus string quartet and a full band, including Mike Fonte (guitar), Brian Emrich (bass), Carly Paradis (piano), and Chris Vrenna (drums).

8/24 D'Angelo @ Afropunk

Quote Originally Posted by nosurprises12 View Post
    Anyone going to Pantha du Prince at the Echo tonight?
    i'll be walking in around 10. I hope he doesn't start too late.
    Last edited by JorgeC; 11-01-2012 at 02:41 PM. Reason: ticket claimed
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    8/22 NIN@Verizon - 8/23&24 FYF Fest - 9/2 Bear in Heaven@Echoplex - 9/4 Phantogram@Fox Pomona - 9/6 Atmosphere@Palladium - 9/10 Britney Spears - 9/23 La Roux@Fonda - 9/26 Die Antwoord@Observatory - 10/8 Gus Gus@Roxy - 10/10 Twin Shadow@Glass House - 10/12,19,26 IAMX@Complex

The palladium is exactly like Terminal 5 in NYC,if you've ever been to a show there then you know what I'm talking..Ya i've been to a few shows at the palladium..but those shows you mentioned were years ago,I honestly will not go there anymore unless its a band I really really like..as for Terminal 5..all 5 shows I've been to have reminded me of the palladium..people just talk the whole time and get shit faced
    Quote Originally Posted by mncarpooler View Post
    Anything that's not Sahara tent trash is going to have a small crowd it seems like. I wandered over near the Sahara once all weekend and it was a clusterfuck of the douchiest looking people you could ever imagine.

Newsflash: it's LA. Every single crowd in every single venue is awful.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

I'm going to punch bitches if people are like that at Tame Impala in two weeks.
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    That's just not true. You have the best input into this thread, you know.

The Upcoming Shows thread: where people in LA talk about LA shows and complain that there are too many LA shows and then bitch about the LA show crowds.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

The Upcoming Shows thread: where Arizona people talk about where people in LA talk about LA shows and complain that there are too many LA shows and then bitch about the LA show crowds and add nothing to the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I'm going to punch bitches if people are like that at Tame Impala in two weeks.
    That used to be a big problem for me at the Fonda, but not so much anymore. And they should be loud enough that talkers can be easily tuned out.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

not true at all...never complained about the crowd at the echo/echoplex and i've been going there for yearss..fonda is usually ok but the xx this summer was terrible...el rey and wiltern are hit or miss...i just don't get people who go to shows just to talk the whole fuckin time...even people that snap photos/videos are less annoying
    Quote Originally Posted by mncarpooler View Post
    Anything that's not Sahara tent trash is going to have a small crowd it seems like. I wandered over near the Sahara once all weekend and it was a clusterfuck of the douchiest looking people you could ever imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by cutterbutter View Post
    That's just not true. You have the best input into this thread, you know.
    The Upcoming Shows thread: where people in LA talk about LA shows and complain that there are too many LA shows and then bitch about the LA show crowds.
    The Upcoming Shows thread: where Arizona people talk about where people in LA talk about LA shows and complain that there are too many LA shows and then bitch about the LA show crowds and add nothing to the conversation.
    Are we really going to have this conversation again?
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto73 View Post
    I'd contribute to this discussion but I'm still busy reminiscing about the halcyon days of punk. You know, the mid-90s.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

I'd take a LA crowd over an Austin crowd any day. The people that go to shows in Austin are insufferable.

(for the most part.)
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 9 - Black Vice
    September 11 - Earthless
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 15 - Primus
    November 18 - Slayer

Maybe, just MAYBE, everyone is horrible.

Having lived in both Arizona and Los Angeles. The people of Phoenix are just way worse. I saw the worst drunks at Stone Temple Pilots. People treating Against Me! like it's a Sublime with Rome show, and drunk bitches pushing me the whole time at 311. Blink-182 told the Hollywood Bowl crowd that the Phx show sucked, and Brandon Flowers of the Killers, and Anthony Gonzalez of M83 were both blown away with how great a crowd we were. Those r just a couple examples. Go back to the Grand Canyon state. The land of terrible freeways.

it depends on the act, obviously. the crowd at cut copy or the xx is going to have more people that are there to party and socialize with their friends than the crowd at tame impala where it's more about the music as opposed to the event.

and pretty much this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee Herman's Hermits View Post
    Melted my face off at Skrillex

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    Blink-182 told the Hollywood Bowl crowd that the Phx show sucked, and Brandon Flowers of the Killers...blown away with how great a crowd we were. Those r just a couple examples.
    This is fucking amazing; this retort is worth any LA trolling I've ever handed out. Admit it.

BRANDON FLOWERS: BLOWN AWAY

Quote Originally Posted by icedKeg View Post

and pretty much this.
    I like that theklien doesn't realize he's in the top 1% of the worst.
    Last edited by captncrzy; 11-01-2012 at 02:31 PM.

And then they went to San Diego/San Francisco the next night and told that crowd that the LA crowd sucked. How it goes.

Fuck you all I cannot fucking wait for Leonard Cohen Monday!!
    Translation

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Still pretty serious about this.

Jack White @ Bill .... 08/22/14
    FYF @ LA Sport Area 08/23 - 08/24/14
    Swans @ The Independent 08/08/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14

Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Fuck you all I cannot fucking wait for Leonard Cohen Monday!!
    Yeah!! Looks like I'm going too. Any guesses as to when he'll begin and end? I'm going to try and get to another show later that night.

Quote Originally Posted by sickveggie View Post
    Whoops! Meant to post that in the 2013 rumors thread, sorry. By the way, were you at the Queens of the Stone Age show in Pomona last year, getbetter? I just realized I may have met you.
    I do not remember but mostly likely yes because I was there.
    Translation

Last.fm

Leonard Cohen will prob start at 8 sharp (time indicated on ticket) with no opener. Expect him to play just a little under 3 hours. Here's his set from last night in Austin:

First Set
    Dance Me to the End of Love
    The Future
    Bird on the Wire
    Everybody Knows
    Who by Fire
    Darkness
    Sisters of Mercy
    Amen
    Come Healing
    In My Secret Life
    A Thousand Kisses Deep
    (Recitation)
    Waiting for the Miracle
    Anthem
    Second Set
    Tower of Song
    Suzanne
    Night Comes On
    Heart with No Companion
    The Gypsy's Wife
    The Partisan
    Democracy
    Coming Back to You
    (performed by the Webb Sisters)
    Alexandra Leaving
    (performed by Sharon Robinson)
    I'm Your Man
    Hallelujah
    Take This Waltz
    Encore:
    So Long, Marianne
    First We Take Manhattan
    Encore 2:
    Famous Blue Raincoat
    Going Home
    Encore 3:
    Closing Time
    Save the Last Dance for Me
    (The Drifters cover)

Perfect
    Translation

Last.fm

thanks, brokenDREAMS

This should be "interesting/entertaining" . Zef comedy commentary...

An Evening With Die Antwoord 11/13/2012
    Date: Tuesday - November 13, 2012 - 10:00 PM

https://www.nerdmeltla.com/tickets2/...?event_id=271/
    Concert Schedule
    Dips All Day Everyday.
    http://instagram.com/moviebruin

If anyone here needs a tax break or really like Raphael Sadiq

Join us for a very special benefit concert and party to support Becoming Bulletproof, a documentary film that enlightens and raises social consciousness towards people with disabilities.

A rare, intimate live performance by
    RAPHAEL SAADIQ

DJ sets by
    MAYER HAWTHORNE
    +
    JEREMY SOLE (KCRW)
    +
    TURQUOISE WISDOM

Join us for cocktails, great live music and an introduction to the upcoming documentary Becoming Bulletproof. Complimentary beer & wine, 8-10PM. 100% of bar sales will be donated to Becoming Bulletproof as well!
    After the live show, party into the night with tunes from djs Mayer Hawthorne and Turquoise Wisdom.

Friday November 2nd
    Doors 8pm - Show starts at 9pm

at
    The Del Monte Speakeasy
    52 Windward Avenue, Venice, CA 90291
    310-392-4040 21+ only
    www.townhousevenice.com

TICKETS
    General Admission $100.00
    entrance for one to the event
    http://becomingbulletproofmovie.com/
    Concert Schedule
    Dips All Day Everyday.
    http://instagram.com/moviebruin

METZ were absolutely devastating tonight. They sound a bit different live compared to their recording, but the same intensity and vitality is there. Fantastic show.

I also talked to the drummer afterwards and he is a really cool guy. For anyone wondering, they haven't been contacted by Coachella to play, but they are already signed on to play Primavera and Lollapalooza. So there is that. First Lolla confirmation right there, I guess. Anyways, go see METZ.
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

this this & this.

Also keep in mind that the people who spend time on this message board or even people that lurk on here are what, %.05-%15 of the actual audience at a show on a given night? Yeah some nights i'm sure it could be higher, or maybe up to %15 is way off idk. But yeah very few people at the shows we attend have ever heard of a concert etiquette thread, or let alone such a thing as concert etiquette existing. Most people on here are music nerds and this is a major part of our life. The accepted strategy by most people is get there whenever and push to the very front as much as possible (because since they paid for admission they are absolutely granted this right and need instagram photos to look best), and partake in as much drinking as possible which goes back to everyone being horrible.

edit: not trying to excuse these flunkys just sayin