Page 2017 of 2441 FirstFirst ... 20122013201420152016201720182019202020212022 ... LastLast
Results 60,481 to 60,510 of 73218

Thread: Upcoming Shows

  1. #60481
    Coachella Junkie schoolofruckus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Brentwood, CA
    Posts
    6,182

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by TheImportance View Post
    If you like the new album then definitely go. Chan started off a little weak sounding for the first two or three songs, but she really picked up by the sixth song (Manhattan, I believe) and turned it into a pretty fantastic show.
    Thanks for the reply. I do like the new stuff quite a bit, and I also saw that she played "Color and the Kids" the other night in DC....would be super excited if she played it here (and, uh, if I were present).
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    The childless 20-something year olds on the board who find a 50 something year old man fucking teenage prostitutes distasteful will probably change the hum of their tune once they produce babies, definitely. That's the missing link.

  2. #60482
    Member icedKeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    did anybody go to Donovan last night?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee Herman's Hermits View Post
    Melted my face off at Skrillex

  3. #60483
    old school JorgeC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    3,319

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    The 2nd Local Natives show is at the Fonda on 1/28 (night before the El Rey). Tix on sale this Friday.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    8/2&3 HARD Summer - 8/7 Arctic Monkeys@Staples - 8/8 Cut Copy@Brooklyn Bowl - 8/22 NIN@Verizon - 8/23&24 FYF Fest - 9/2 Bear in Heaven@Echoplex - 9/4 Phantogram@Fox Pomona - 9/6 Atmosphere@Palladium - 9/10 Britney Spears - 10/8 Gus Gus@Roxy - 10/10 Twin Shadow@Glass House

  4. #60484
    old school Spooks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,005

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    No mass transit for 3-4 days

    Swans postponed the show last night and now tonight's Deftones show...

    "Due to complications from Hurricane Sandy, tonight's show in Boston, and tomorrow in New York are POSTPONED. Hang on to your tickets, as make-up dates will be announced very shortly. More to follow soon." - Deftones

    7/22 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Prospect Park
    7/23 Witch @ MHOW
    7/24 Teenage Fanclub @ Pier 84
    7/24 Lauren Ritter @ TBA
    7/25 Nick Cave @ Prospect Park
    7/26 Cell Injection/Black Asteroid @ Output



    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

  5. #60485
    Member tigermilkboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    doha, qatar
    Posts
    1,756

    Angry Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    No mass transit for 3-4 days

    Swans postponed the show last night and now tonight's Deftones show...

    What do you want them do to do? Provide gondola's or white water rafts as a transit option?

    Why not be grateful that you have got through the worse?

  6. #60486
    Coachella Junkie Mugwog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,671

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by tigermilkboy View Post
    What do you want them do to do? Provide gondola's or white water rafts as a transit option?

    Why not be grateful that you have got through the worse?
    ITS GONNA BE BORING TO HANG OUT WITH MY FAMILY DURING THE STATE OF EMERGENCY DUH

  7. #60487
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,940

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    The xx 2013 dates with the 2 rescheduled date to start.



    JAN 27 ELECTRIC FACTORY PHILADELPHIA, PA UNITED STATES
    JAN 28 RAM'S HEAD LIVE! BALTIMORE, MD UNITED STATES
    JAN 29 THE NATIONAL RICHMOND, VA UNITED STATES
    JAN 30 ORANGE PEEL ASHEVILLE, NC UNITED STATES
    JAN 31 RYMAN AUDITORIUM NASHVILLE, TN UNITED STATES
    FEB 2 TABERNACLE ATLANTA, GA UNITED STATES
    FEB 3 FLORIDA THEATER GAINESVILLE, FL UNITED STATES
    FEB 4 THE BEACHAM THEATRE ORLANDO, FL UNITED STATES
    FEB 5 THE FILLMORE MIAMI BEACH MIAMI, FL UNITED STATES
    FEB 7 THE RITZ YBOR TAMPA, FL UNITED STATES
    FEB 8 HOUSE OF BLUES NEW ORLEANS, LA UNITED STATES
    FEB 9 HOUSE OF BLUES HOUSTON, TX UNITED STATES
    FEB 12 AUSTIN CITY LIMITS LIVE AT THE MOODY THEATER AUSTIN, TX UNITED STATES
    FEB 13 GRANADA THEATER DALLAS, TX UNITED STATES
    FEB 15 CAIN'S BALLROOM TULSA, OK UNITED STATES
    FEB 17 RIALTO THEATRE TUCSON, AZ UNITED STATES

  8. #60488
    Coachella Junkie Sushov23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,961

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    They are splitting the tour aren't they? That means Coachella most likely for the 2nd half, or maybe they aren't playing.

  9. #60489
    Member tigermilkboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    doha, qatar
    Posts
    1,756

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Sushov23 View Post
    They are splitting the tour aren't they? That means Coachella most likely for the 2nd half, or maybe they aren't playing.

    I have heard they have a make up Vegas date in spring. The Las Vegas show was cut short due to rain. It would seem no prizes for guessing which month the Las Vegas show is!

  10. #60490
    Loveable Curmudgeon TallGuyCM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Hermosa Beach
    Posts
    19,907

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Welp, either Mount Kimbie is relocating their show next Thursday, or it's not happening at all. Los Globos lost their permits.

    Edit: Looks like it got moved to Dim Mak.
    Last edited by TallGuyCM; 10-30-2012 at 01:43 PM.
    7/23 - Fuzz - Troubadour (?)
    7/30 - Shabazz Palaces - Roxy (?)
    7/31 - Hamilton Leithauser - Echo (?)
    8/01 - Ceremony/Nothing - Roxy (?)
    8/06 - Herbie Hancock - Hollywood Bowl (?)


    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

    Twitter, if you dare

  11. #60491
    old school JorgeC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    3,319

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Los Closed Bros. (from twitter...fuck you, i chuckled).
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    8/2&3 HARD Summer - 8/7 Arctic Monkeys@Staples - 8/8 Cut Copy@Brooklyn Bowl - 8/22 NIN@Verizon - 8/23&24 FYF Fest - 9/2 Bear in Heaven@Echoplex - 9/4 Phantogram@Fox Pomona - 9/6 Atmosphere@Palladium - 9/10 Britney Spears - 10/8 Gus Gus@Roxy - 10/10 Twin Shadow@Glass House

  12. #60492
    old school Robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,092

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Jim Lindberg is reuniting with Pennywise. They're putting on a show at the Hollywood Palladium on January 18 with Lagwagon.

  13. #60493
    Coachella Junkie cutterbutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    6,420

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    There was Pennywise without Jim.....What?

  14. #60494
    The Encyclopedia bmack86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bishop, CA
    Posts
    27,998

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    Welp, either Mount Kimbie is relocating their show next Thursday, or it's not happening at all. Los Globos lost their permits.

    Edit: Looks like it got moved to Dim Mak.
    That place was horrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

  15. #60495

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    I'm kinda bummed about that actually. I liked the new singer from Ignite and the new album had a fresh energy. Now that the old guy's back and back to being the AC/DC of skate punk.

  16. #60496
    The Encyclopedia bmack86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bishop, CA
    Posts
    27,998

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    I took it to mean that for their 25th anniversary show they were going to get back together with the original singer. As a special, 25th anniversary show sort of thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

  17. #60497
    old school theklein25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    2,741

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    He's back. The replacement wanted to quit
    Last edited by theklein25; 10-30-2012 at 04:17 PM.

  18. #60498
    old school theklein25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    2,741

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Tonight I will be making a rare public appearance at the Miike Snow show. Look for a white dude with white flannel and jeans.

  19. #60499
    old school ods..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    5,237

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    The whitest boy alive

  20. #60500
    Coachella Junkie cutterbutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    6,420

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    BOB MOULD. Who's going?

  21. #60501
    old school Spooks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,005

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Good luck kids!

    Enter for the chance for you and a guest to attend a private Mumford & Sons concert taping on Sunday, November 11th in Los Angeles, CA. If selected to attend, you will be emailed a confirmation and venue details. You must be 21 or older to attend.
    http://artistsden.com/mumfordandsonsad/

    7/22 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Prospect Park
    7/23 Witch @ MHOW
    7/24 Teenage Fanclub @ Pier 84
    7/24 Lauren Ritter @ TBA
    7/25 Nick Cave @ Prospect Park
    7/26 Cell Injection/Black Asteroid @ Output



    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

  22. #60502
    old school sonnyboy11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,984

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Who wants my A Place To Bury Strangers ticket for next Tuesday @The Troubadour? No charge. PM me.
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden|
    Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

  23. #60503
    Coachella Junkie woogie846's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,657

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Sun Araw is playing HM157 on 11/2. Has anyone ever seen a show here before? I've never heard of the the venue.

  24. #60504
    The Encyclopedia bmack86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bishop, CA
    Posts
    27,998

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    I don't think they've done more than 1 or 2 actual shows there yet. It's a small historic house in Chinatown. If I weren't busy on Friday I'd be at that show no doubt. Daniel Higgs and Arrington de Dionysio are both fantastic live.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

  25. #60505
    Member Nealocus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    644

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    Entered, thanks!
    Friday: Outkast, The Replacements, Girl Talk, Chromeo, AFI, The Afghan Whigs, Bastille, Jagwar Ma, Grouplove, Caravan Palace
    Saturday: Muse, QOTSA, Pharrell, Foster the People, Empire of the Sun, Kid Cudi, Sleigh Bells, Cage the Elephant, CHVRCHES, Capitol Cities, Temples, Bombay Bicycle Club, Holy Ghost!, Bear Hands
    Sunday: Arcade Fire, Beck, Neutral Milk Hotel, Trombone Shorty, Frank Turner, Surfer Blood, J Roddy Walston

  26. #60506
    Loveable Curmudgeon TallGuyCM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Hermosa Beach
    Posts
    19,907

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    "So if you read my blog, you'll see that I said this is the second to last Copper Blue show. Someone asked 'why did you say that?' Because I'm fucking Bob Mould. That's why."



    Good fuck was Bob Mould amazing tonight. I knew the Copper Blue stuff would be great, and it was, but fuck that second set was pure adrenaline, he sang the Silver Age songs with much more passion and intensity. And I knew they had been playing 3-4 Husker Du songs each night, including Chartered Trips, but what I hadn't seen on a setlist before that we got tonight was fucking SOMETHING I LEARNED TODAY. A check off of the bucket list that I didn't even know existed, without a doubt.
    7/23 - Fuzz - Troubadour (?)
    7/30 - Shabazz Palaces - Roxy (?)
    7/31 - Hamilton Leithauser - Echo (?)
    8/01 - Ceremony/Nothing - Roxy (?)
    8/06 - Herbie Hancock - Hollywood Bowl (?)


    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

    Twitter, if you dare

  27. #60507

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by woogie846 View Post
    Sun Araw is playing HM157 on 11/2. Has anyone ever seen a show here before? I've never heard of the the venue.
    It's a strange venue. It's not in Chinatown, it's in Lincoln heights. I saw an acoustic show a few weeks back there. They had it in the back yard on a small stage and they have alot lf seating set Up around the Backyard. It's a perfect venue for sun araw.

  28. #60508
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,940

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    Tonight I will be making a rare public appearance at the Miike Snow show. Look for a white dude with white flannel and jeans.
    So you were the annoying douchebag that was trying to get all fresh with the annoying douchey bitches around me?


    Miike Snow played a solid set last night. Sound was on point except during the encore when the PA and monitors went out, but they finished their song and then berated their sound guy. In the end, the crowd was full of annoyances anywhere you were, so that made it bittersweet.

  29. #60509
    The Encyclopedia bmack86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bishop, CA
    Posts
    27,998

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    "So if you read my blog, you'll see that I said this is the second to last Copper Blue show. Someone asked 'why did you say that?' Because I'm fucking Bob Mould. That's why."



    Good fuck was Bob Mould amazing tonight. I knew the Copper Blue stuff would be great, and it was, but fuck that second set was pure adrenaline, he sang the Silver Age songs with much more passion and intensity. And I knew they had been playing 3-4 Husker Du songs each night, including Chartered Trips, but what I hadn't seen on a setlist before that we got tonight was fucking SOMETHING I LEARNED TODAY. A check off of the bucket list that I didn't even know existed, without a doubt.
    Dammit. I hate being broke. Something I Learned Today....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

  30. #60510
    Stage Manager captncrzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    TBD
    Posts
    19,783

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    "So if you read my blog, you'll see that I said this is the second to last Copper Blue show. .
    Fuck
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •