Page 2011 of 2508 FirstFirst ... 20062007200820092010201120122013201420152016 ... LastLast
Results 60,301 to 60,330 of 75221

Thread: Upcoming Shows

Default Re: Upcoming Shows

going to see Primus in 3D tonight, super stoked to see how its going to be set up
    Last edited by bettycarolyn; 10-19-2012 at 07:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    one step closer.......

Emeli Sandé (she is a british adele)

Jan. 12 – Atlanta, Ga., Variety Playhouse
    Jan. 14 – Washington, D.C., The Howard Theatre
    Jan. 15 – Boston, Mass., Paradise Rock Club
    Jan. 17 – New York, N.Y., Webster Hall
    Jan. 18 – Pittsburgh, Pa., Mr. Small's Theatre
    Jan. 19 – Philadelphia, Pa., Theatre Of The Living Arts
    Jan. 21 – Pontiac, Mich., Pike Room
    Jan. 22 – Chicago, Ill., Lincoln Hall
    Jan. 23 – Minneapolis, Minn., Varsity Theater
    Feb. 1 – Seattle, Wash., The Crocodile
    Feb. 2 – Portland, Ore., Doug Fir Lounge
    Feb. 4 – San Francisco, Calif., The Independent
    Feb. 6 – Los Angeles, Calif., El Rey Theatre
    Feb. 7 – San Diego, Calif., House Of Blues
    again at the el rey?? i'll be back

So ZZ Ward was pretty good. Although the first half of the show had a fake vibe to me (like Lana Del Rey's entire show). I'll preface by saying the Troub last night was full of #vip and industry and it wasn't even full because they needed space to film it, which killed the vibe a little bit. But, she really hit her stride midway through when she went acoustic and the songs seem more from the heart rather than made up by a team of producers. Her blues cover w/ her on harmonica was awesome. The band was GREAT. No guests although we were next to Fitz. He shoulda gone up and did their song together. She has a very marketable look and sound.
    Concert Schedule
    Dips All Day Everyday.
    http://instagram.com/moviebruin

M Ward at The Orpheum has been postponed. Rescheduled date is feb 7th

So she didnt cancel your show after she just announced they were going to be?
    Yeah, I dont know why she cancelled the rest of her tour dates. Maybe she decided to do Seattle and Vancouver and call it a tour because she is tired. The other two acts touring with her, Elite Gymnastics and Myths (who was also her backing band), are both Vancouver acts, so maybe thats another reason. Either way, she killed it and I can't wait for her new album.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    12/2 - Hot Snakes - Alex's Bar

3pm matinee show. Night Marchers opening (double dose of John Reis!).

Tickets on sale now here
    I really want to see these guys again. Will Call only though? Eh, I guess I can deal.
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden| Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| DFA 1979| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Yeah, I dont know why she cancelled the rest of her tour dates. Maybe she decided to do Seattle and Vancouver and call it a tour because she is tired. The other two acts touring with her, Elite Gymnastics and Myths (who was also her backing band), are both Vancouver acts, so maybe thats another reason. Either way, she killed it and I can't wait for her new album.
    She cancelled due to hearing loss and tinnitus. But its strange she would post a statement and then play a show the next day. She is going to blow up even more because everyone saw her open for Skrillex. Answer this one honestly. She was on at the same time Godspeed was at Pitchfork festival back in July. Who would you have picked to see......

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    God I still can't get over what a trainwreck Elite Gymnastics was...

I really loved Ultraista tonight! Obviously they are still working out their kinks, but man do they have potential. Crazy though, I have not seen the Echoplex that empty in a long time.
    Last edited by Justin170; 10-20-2012 at 03:35 AM.

Their London show was packed solid.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Yes, that Ultraista show was so great! I really hope to see more from them. And yeah, weird seeing the Echoplex that empty for them.

It wasnt THAT empty.

Scooped up tickets to Jessie Ware at the El Rey.

Quote Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
    I really want to see these guys again. Will Call only though? Eh, I guess I can deal.
    This is a great, tiny venue. We go there for an 80's karaoke band all of the time and saw !!! there a couple of weeks ago.
    For your health

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil50 View Post
    Scooped up tickets to Jessie Ware at the El Rey.
    me too. still want tix for the bootleg though

Thought Ultraista was pretty disappointing last night. The lead singer is just not that talented. Out of the entire pool of talent Nigel could choose from to head that band he chose her? We actually left early to catch Tomas Barfod who killed the bootleg bar. minus the random dudes dancing on stage like it was a frat party it was a cool crowd of hot model types mixed in w/ some dance music heads.
    Concert Schedule
    Dips All Day Everyday.
    http://instagram.com/moviebruin

I love how they even have ads for the security checks when you buy tickets, my security check today, "Bags fly free" presented by Southwest Airlines.

You should install adblock.

I don't see how that would work, the security check was typing "Bags fly free". If I block the ad then I can't get pass the security check to buy the tickets. Another time it was something to do with State Farm Insurance and I think some bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    I love how they even have ads for the security checks when you buy tickets, my security check today, "Bags fly free" presented by Southwest Airlines.
    amazing how quite a few people always have to bitch about something....#whitepeopleproblems
    Quote Originally Posted by mncarpooler View Post
    Anything that's not Sahara tent trash is going to have a small crowd it seems like. I wandered over near the Sahara once all weekend and it was a clusterfuck of the douchiest looking people you could ever imagine.

Dude, I agree with ardent. It's kind of creepy that a "random" security code is, in actuality, an ad for a company. Those security codes were supposed to have an altruistic element in that they were intended to digitalize books that had been scanned but not re-typed from their original printings. That was always the one reason I didn't feel annoyed and put upon by typing these random words: because they went towards a greater good. I dislike that a required security task can become an ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Dude, I agree with ardent. It's kind of creepy that a "random" security code is, in actuality, an ad for a company. Those security codes were supposed to have an altruistic element in that they were intended to digitalize books that had been scanned but not re-typed from their original printings. That was always the one reason I didn't feel annoyed and put upon by typing these random words: because they went towards a greater good. I dislike that a required security task can become an ad.
    i dont think any of the captchas on the ticketmaster/live nation system are even actual words nowadays. They still want to claim that, but its not true. They could just say ''by typing in these letters, you are helping to digitize books''. Besides, how many times have you missed it by a latter and it still accepts what you typed in? does your typo end up somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    The company is doing all it can to find new sources of income. This might end up being a bigger thing soon, but it is annoying.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

I never knew about the digitized books thing. that's pretty cool.

replacing it with ads is not.

Besides, how many times have you missed it by a latter and it still accepts what you typed in? does your typo end up somewhere?
    they could use the same word multiple times to get a series of responses. then it would be feasible to identify typos.

i dont think any of the captchas on the ticketmaster/live nation system are even actual words nowadays. They still want to claim that, but its not true. They could just say ''by typing in these letters, you are helping to digitize books''. Besides, how many times have you missed it by a latter and it still accepts what you typed in? does your typo end up somewhere?

The company is doing all it can to find new sources of income. This might end up being a bigger thing soon, but it is annoying.
    "missed it by a latter" haha awesome...

ReCaptchas use two random words. One of the two is already digitised - that's the word which is already known to the system, that's the one you have to get right. It's already been solved and checked, and getting it right or not is how it decides to let you through or not. The other word is the word you're digitising for the project because it wasn't machine readable - there's no consequences to you if you fuck that one up.

So really, you only actually have to get half of the reCaptcha right - the gamble you'd have to make, if you wanted to exploit that, is on which half.
    Last edited by MissingPerson; 10-21-2012 at 11:22 PM.

Bob Dylan on Wednesday. YEah
    Coachillin 10, 11, 12.1, 13.1, 14.1

Quote Originally Posted by nacci View Post
    Motorhead (medium) - The name of the band is a head that is also a machine...anyone else know a group who have machine heads?
    Quote Originally Posted by timothyhockley View Post
    does goldenvoice read these posts to decide who to book?

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    ReCaptchas use two random words. One of the two is already digitised - that's the word which is already known to the system, that's the one you have to get right. It's already been solved and checked, and getting it right or not is how it decides to let you through or not. The other word is the word you're digitising for the project because it wasn't machine readable - there's no consequences to you if you fuck that one up.

So really, you only actually have to get half of the reCaptcha right - the gamble you'd have to make, if you wanted to exploit that, is on which half.
    ah, makes a lot of sense.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

I went and saw Cold Cave at the Getty on Saturday, and it was my first time going to one of those "Saturdays Off The 405" things. It's not the best space for a concert really, but it was a great excuse to go hang out at the Getty at night. They set up a couple outdoor bars and had Golden Road Hefeweisen on tap. Cold Cave put on a really good show, and played for about an hour. The sound for the first song was HORRIBLE and i got really worried, but it was totally dialed in by the second song and sounded just fine for the rest of the set. My biggest gripe about the whole thing is that stage is just woo small so the sight lines aren't that great. But for a free show, it was a really good time.
    last.fm
    12/4/14 - Angel Olsen @ El Rey // 12/10/14 - Tune-Yards/Cibo Matto @ Wiltern

ellie goulding

Wed 16th Jan 2013 The Fillmore Miami Beach Miami, FL United States
    Thu 17th Jan 2013 Hard Rock Live Orlando, FL United States
    Fri 18th Jan 2013 Tabernacle Atlanta, GA United States
    Sun 20th Jan 2013 The Fillmore - Silver Spring Silver Spring, MD United States
    Tue 22nd Jan 2013 Terminal 5 New York, NY United States
    Wed 23rd Jan 2013 House Of Blues Boston, MA United States
    Fri 25th Jan 2013 Electric Factory Philadelphia, PA United States
    Sat 26th Jan 2013 Metropolis Montreal, QC Canada
    Mon 28th Jan 2013 Royal Oak Music Theatre Royal Oak, MI United States
    Tue 29th Jan 2013 Aragon Ballroom Chicago, IL United States
    Wed 30th Jan 2013 The Pageant St Louis, MO United States
    Fri 1st Feb 2013 Ogden Theatre Denver, CO United States
    Sat 2nd Feb 2013 The Depot Salt Lake City, UT United States
    Mon 4th Feb 2013 Showbox SoDo Seattle, WA United States
    Tue 5th Feb 2013 Commodore Ballroom Vancouver, BC Canada
    Wed 6th Feb 2013 Crystal Ballroom Portland, OR United States
    Fri 8th Feb 2013 Fox Theater Oakland, CA United States
    Tue 12th Feb 2013 Hollywood Palladium Los Angeles, CA United States

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Prydz
    Coming to America...
    fuck yeah. main stage coachella? or will this setup fit in the sahara?