Page 2447 of 2469 FirstFirst ... 24422443244424452446244724482449245024512452 ... LastLast
Results 73,381 to 73,410 of 74044

Thread: Upcoming Shows

Default Re: Upcoming Shows

Got a code to buy a Jessie Ware ticket. But it's $40 and I have no idea if the Tower Theater sucks or not. Any input from the board?

Quote Originally Posted by meyouseek View Post
    Yeah, I'll be there. Look for a guy with a gray goatee and four kids (nieces and nephews).
    Not sure I saw you, but That was the most kids I've seen at a house event haha. Having said that, WOW, what an awesome crowd last night. great vibes and awesome tunes. Really great turn out. That was a huge blast. And FREE!
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Nocturnal Wonderland Saturday, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl, Festival Supreme, Coachella 2015

Nocturnal Lineup just came out. I suppose I'll post it. I am pumped for The Homage Stage including Bad Boy Bill, Dj Dan, Dj Heather, Donald Glaude, and my boy MArk Farina!

unnamed.jpgunnamed.jpg
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Nocturnal Wonderland Saturday, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl, Festival Supreme, Coachella 2015

Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Got a code to buy a Jessie Ware ticket. But it's $40 and I have no idea if the Tower Theater sucks or not. Any input from the board?
    Not a big theater. all open on the floor, plus a balcony. So you could go and be glad you saw her in a small venue, or wait til she is playing coachella and then the greek or something in a year.

Well, DFA1979 was an instant sell out. Anyone else get tickets? So stoked.

Quote Originally Posted by ficklecycle View Post
    Well, DFA1979 was an instant sell out. Anyone else get tickets? So stoked.
    I did. Gonna be a crazy show!

Check out my concert photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/ameeps/
    August
    1 - Arcade Fire - Forum
    2 - Arcade Fire - Forum
    4 - Arcade Fire - Santa Barbara Bowl
    8-10 - Outside Lands - Golden Gate Park
    14 - Death From Above 1979 - Troubadour
    20 - The Strokes - Chelsea at Cosmopolitan

Shit! I couldn't get through for DFA. If anyone has an extra spot please let me know.

Best show in the many times I have seen them from the Bunnymen tonight. Or at least the best one since the 80s during their prime. Even Mac agreed saying he thought it was their best show ever here. Mac not smoking is having a huge impact on his range. He nailed The Cutter and Lips Like Sugar like it was old times. And the set list... well, quite a bit of the new stuff. I think Holy Moses the best of the lot. They closed with Ocean Rain. Orpheum sounded great. Some congrats due to the crowd too. Nice job fans.

Good seeing ya Drewski. See you at FYF!
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden| Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| DFA 1979| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

Quote Originally Posted by woogie846 View Post
    Shit! I couldn't get through for DFA. If anyone has an extra spot please let me know.
    Woogie, I bought 2 without having a specific 2nd person in mind. If my friends don't want to go (likely, since none of them know DFA), it's yours. I'll let you know.

Check out my concert photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/ameeps/
    August
    1 - Arcade Fire - Forum
    2 - Arcade Fire - Forum
    4 - Arcade Fire - Santa Barbara Bowl
    8-10 - Outside Lands - Golden Gate Park
    14 - Death From Above 1979 - Troubadour
    20 - The Strokes - Chelsea at Cosmopolitan

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    Yep, that was a hell of a show. Although everyone that's seen him in the last 2 years knows that. Glad I got to see him and didn't end up seeing a truncated Coachella set too. The Masonic Theater in Detroit is fucking lovely, the band was on point, and Cave is on the top tier of performers, on par with Prince and Michael Gira. That dude could fuck any woman in the world without even having to try. And he's pretty fucking hilarious too. Cracking jokes, usually at the expense of people holding up their phones, interacting with the audience, etc. The audience was super into it too. At one point, someone threw out a deck of cards during the appropriate lyric during Stagger Lee. The only minor complaints I have is that I'm still not huge on his traditional style piano ballads, but I'll admit they were very pretty and few and far between, and that his encore song selection was very slightly underwhelming. When you have such massive songs as Tupelo, The Mercy Seat, Stagger Lee, and From Her To Eternity in the main set, it's hard not to be a little underwhelmed by The Ship Song and Deanna. Still ending on Do You Love Me? and Papa Won't Leave You Henry was pretty great, so really not a major complaint. Push The Sky Away is seriously one of his best songs and the perfect main set closer. That one really gets to me. I could have happily taken another hour, and lord knows he's got the catalog to pull from, but I was grateful to see possibly the top band on my current bucket list and not be the least bit disappointed. I'm having a hard time thinking of many other acts I'd spend 30 hours traveling and waiting on buses and not really sleeping just to see (and feel like it was worth it afterwards).
    Glad you had such a good time. We had a similar experience in just trying to get to the show, to the point that I wondered for a moment if it would be a better idea to just eat the tickets and visit friends in Dallas, but once the band started, the trouble it took to get there fell far into the background. Immediately leapt towards the top of my list for favorite shows of the year.

Did he do the piano ballads all in a row or did he space them out? When we saw him in Austin, he did like 4 in a row midway through the set. I understood the need for it as he expended so much energy for the first 7-8 songs but it still felt like an intermission and by #4, I checked out mentally for a moment. If he weren't to have played them consecutively, I don't think it would have been a problem that he did 4 slow songs.

What you said about him being in the top tier of performers is spot on. I was trying to think of who else could be comparable or better. James Brown? Mick Jagger? Jarvis Cocker? Perhaps a discussion for another thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    It's like finding out an old high school buddy is on meth, and you're not sure if any of the rumors of him giving handies behind Burger King are true but they very likely could be.

If anyone else has an extra for DFA 1979 Please let me know!

Steve Lowenthal of VDSQ is doing a reading from his new John Fahey bio at 8 pm on the rooftop of the Ace tonight. The reading yesterday at Stories was fantastic. Sir Richard Bishop will also be playing a set. Free.

Damn, Royksopp cancelled their Red Rocks date
    Tycho @ Granada Theatre 9/22 | Hercules & Love Affair live @ Club Dada 9/22 | Sam Smith @ House of Blues Dallas 10/9 | Hardkiss @ Dallas 10/10 | SBTRKT @ House of Blues Dallas 10/12 | Catz n Dogz @ It'll Do 11/1 | Death From Above 1979 @ Granada Theater 11/8 | Eats Everything @ Kingdom Austin 11/13 | Sasha @ It'll Do Dallas 11/22 | Caribou @ Austin 11/23

Where's the best place to park for the Rose Bowl? I'll be at the Eminem show on Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil50 View Post
    Where's the best place to park for the Rose Bowl? I'll be at the Eminem show on Thursday.
    The golf course is going to be where everyone parks, all the neighborhoods will be closed off to concertgoers and you're probably gonna have to pay a fair amount.

If you're looking for free parking, I parked on Lincoln Ave. & Banbury Alley last night for Jay-Z/Beyonce and didn't have any issues. A 15 minute walk beats paying $25+

8/14 paul mccartney @ candlestick park | 8/20 future islands @ grammy museum | 8/21 blood orange @ the ace | 8/23-8/24 fyf | 8/30 sleep @ pappy & harriett's | 9/6 lit city rave @ los globos | 9/17 diana ross @ long beach terrace | 9/18 l-vis 1990 & traxman @ los globos | 9/19 samhain @ wiltern | 9/22 - drake & lil wayne @ hollywood bowl | 9/25 arca + total freedom @ first unitarian church | 9/26 wu-tang clan @ the forum coachella 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (w2), 2013 (w1)

Quote Originally Posted by davidsaid View Post
    If you're looking for free parking, I parked on Lincoln Ave. & Banbury Alley last night for Jay-Z/Beyonce and didn't have any issues. A 15 minute walk beats paying $25+
    And burning calories while you're at it instead of paying $25+
    Tycho @ Granada Theatre 9/22 | Hercules & Love Affair live @ Club Dada 9/22 | Sam Smith @ House of Blues Dallas 10/9 | Hardkiss @ Dallas 10/10 | SBTRKT @ House of Blues Dallas 10/12 | Catz n Dogz @ It'll Do 11/1 | Death From Above 1979 @ Granada Theater 11/8 | Eats Everything @ Kingdom Austin 11/13 | Sasha @ It'll Do Dallas 11/22 | Caribou @ Austin 11/23

The rose bowl site has parking options. Theres offsite with a shuttle. And they didnt email you about all of it?

It's amazing to me that Burger Records has a festival every month!

I missed the boat on advanced parking tickets for the Rose Bowl since they stopped selling them a week ago. The email says to get there around 3pm. I wonder how true that is...

If you are parking at the stadium itself, yeah, get there early. You can tailgate. Also, getting out of there will be horrible. For football games, we tailgate before and after.

be prepared to spend hours getting out after the show....or like TheClaw said...bring some stuff and tailgate.

I missed the boat on advanced parking tickets for the Rose Bowl since they stopped selling them a week ago. The email says to get there around 3pm. I wonder how true that is...
    I just saw a show at the Rose Bowl for the first time this past weekend for Jay and Bey. We took the offsite shuttle and arrived just after 5pm and had ample time to have a couple drinks outside and get to our seats comfortably. The show started around 8:30.

I don't know how much parking was inside the shuttle lot (we walked from our hotel), but there were lots of $7 maximum lots on surrounding streets. Also not sure how much shuttle tickets cost on-site, but I do know it was a cash only situation (same for the drinks outside before the show). The shuttle itself was very convenient. The line looked absolutely atrocious after the concert let out, but we got out of there and on our way in about 45 mins.

Just got an email from the Rosebowl re: parking for the Monster shows.

Here's the jist

ARRIVE EARLY:

• Rose Bowl Stadium Parking Lots Open: 1:30 PM
    • Picnic In The Park Begins: 2:00 PM
    • Park & Ride Shuttle Lots Open & Buses Start Running: 2:00 PM
    • Doors Open: 5:30 PM
    • Show Starts: 7:30 PM

PARKING OPTIONS:

At Rose Bowl Stadium:
    • Limousine Parking, Day of Show: $160
    • General Parking, Day of Show: $30 before 4 PM; $40 after 4 PM

Offsite:
    • Old Pasadena Shuttle Service, Day of Show: $10
    • Parking at Parsons Shuttle Site, Day of Show: $15

It also mentions that those arriving after 4PM will likely have to park >1 mile away from the entrance.

Its true. If you want to give yourself a headache, arrive at 5pm. And look at the post above, do one of the shuttles.

Noise/ Drone/ Sun O))) fans. This show was just announced in Taipei. This is the translation I got from Chinese. Other than Stephen O'Malley performing, can someone tell me what this is and if I should bother going? (Tickets are the equivalent of about $36 for presale, or $47 at the door). Trying to find out if the 2.5 hour commute there and back is worth it.

Sunn o))) Khanate mastermind Stephen O'Malley came to Taiwan for the first time with Gast Bouschet and Nadine Hilbert not too weird images Live performances [storm shaman Tempestarii] Gast Bouschet and Nadine Hilbert with live music by Stephen O'Malley morning sunshine over Iceland's coast, A wizard standing in among the sea of dark red and Black Rock. He is a storm Wizard (Tempestarii), legends of the middle ages, to be able to spell called storm. The wind reading spells, on a huge Cliff thrashing with his magic bag, the screen on the sea tides to rise and fall with swings. This bag, is a talisman, filled with pumped from all over the world come strong winds. It is a metaphor, and simulation to move water, wind, the sun radiation and topography natural upheavals, and full of desire and the nature of human Association, a strong will.

It is also a warning, storm shaman heralded great changes in physical and shape bounds.
    Live music: Stephen O'Malley, Chief Stephen o ' Malley was image: Gast Bouschet and Nadine Hilbert, Chief Garth Boucher + na Ding Hilbert [storm shaman Tempestarii] Gast Bouschet and Nadine Hilbert with live music by Stephen O'Malley played a total: Wang Furui Fujui Wang Date: 2014/9/11 (d) 19:30 admission, starts at 20:00 locations: THE four WALL gongguan Roosevelt Road, Taipei City, B1, No. 200, price: buy tickets presale NT.1000| door NT.1300 endpoints: THE WALL mansion | blog | China Entertainment ticketing Famiport |7-11 Ibon& family activities website: http://thewall.tw/shows/927
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

does anyone have any insight into what time the jay-z/beyonce shows have been kicking off? the only insight I have found so far is a review on ticketmaster that claims they started 90 minutes late in Seattle. I don't expect them to start right at 8 pm, but I don't particularly want to be at a stadium for 90 minutes before the show either.

Looks like The Rose Bowl dates had em at 8:30, and they were on time.

Josh, I would definitely go. I've seen him in numerous forms and it is always interesting and loud.
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

The Blood Brothers
    Oct 4th - Modern Sky Festival - NYC
    Oct 5th - Warsaw - Brooklyn

Devin Townsend Project / Animals As Leaders

Nov. 17 – Seattle, WA – Studio Seven
    Nov. 18 – Vancouver, BC – Commodore Ballroom
    Nov. 19 – Kelowna, BC – Level Nightclub
    Nov. 21 – Edmonton, AB – Union Hall
    Nov. 22 – Calgary, AB – The Gateway
    Nov. 23 – Saskatoon, SK – O’Brians Event Centre
    Nov. 24 – Winnipeg, MB – The Garrick Centre
    Nov. 25 – Minneapolis, MN – First Avenue
    Nov. 26 – Chicago, IL – Metro
    Nov. 28 – Detroit, MI – St. Andrews Hall
    Nov. 29 – Cleveland, OH – House Of Blues
    Nov. 30 – Toronto, ON – Phoenix Concert Theatre
    Dec. 1 – Montreal, QC – Club Soda
    Dec. 3 – Baltimore, MD – Rams Head Live
    Dec. 4 – Philadelphia, PA – Trocadero
    Dec. 5 – Worcester, MA – The Palladium
    Dec. 6 – New York, NY – Webster Hall
    Dec. 8 – Atlanta, GA – Center Stage
    Dec. 10 – San Antonio, TX – Backstage Live
    Dec. 11 – Dallas, TX – Gas Monkey Bar N Grill
    Dec. 13 – Englewood, CO – Gothic Theatre
    Dec. 14 – Albuquerque, NM – Sunshine Theater
    Dec. 15 – Mesa, AZ – The Nile Theatre
    Dec. 16 – Los Angeles, CA – The Mayan
    Dec. 17 – San Francisco, CA – The Regency Ballroom
    Last edited by Phantasma Del Mar; 08-05-2014 at 07:48 AM.

9/21 - Arsis @ New Royal Dive
    10/28 - Tycho @ North Park Theatre
    10/30 - The Rural Alberta Advantage @ Soda Bar
    11/4 - United Nations @ Los Globos
    11/12 - DFA 1979 @ House Of Blues
    11/14 - The Presets @ North Park Theatre
    11/29 - Cake @ Del Mar