Page 2446 of 2508 FirstFirst ... 24412442244324442445244624472448244924502451 ... LastLast
Results 73,351 to 73,380 of 75221

Thread: Upcoming Shows

Default Re: Upcoming Shows

Quote Originally Posted by fudgumslover View Post

damn this looks great. (good luck reading the bill though)

edit: in plain text
    My birthday weekend! Pretty fucking awesome and will most likely be going to this.

1/29 Patti Smith @ Theatre At The Ace Hotel
    2/12 Babes In Toyland @ The Roxy
    5/1 Sleater-Kinney @ The Palladium

"Hosted by MTV's Pauly Shore"

Wait. Wait. So let me get this straight. Not only is Pauly Shore somehow not dead yet, they actually still let him on TV?

pretty cool lineup.
    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.

September 24 - Modest Mouse - Vina Robles Amp.
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

Good show by the Bunnies tonight. Observatory was sold out and uncomfortably hot. One of the subs went out early and most of Bed Bugs and Ballyhoo sounded like someone was beating on a wet piece of cardboard with a stick. There was a huge overload of bass early too. Horribly mixed show. I needed Will Sargent to be at least twice as loud. And I really wanted The Back Of Love somewhere in the set. Still, they played Never Stop and a ton off Crocodiles, including Villiers Terrace and All That Jazz.

Ready for Friday at the Orpheum!
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden| Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| DFA 1979| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

Quote Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
    Ready for Friday at the Orpheum!
    have plans for before hand? I'll most likely be at the Ace hotels rooftop bar if you care to join.
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.

Shabazz Palaces were fucking spectacular tonight. The new material sounded great, they played nearly all of Black Up, the sound was probably the best I've heard at the Roxy, the temperature was much more pleasant than the Cloud Nothings show a few weeks ago, overall an unusually wonderful night at that venue.
    12/22 - Beachwood Sparks, et al - Echoplex
    12/30 - Together Pangea - Echo
    1/10 - Flesh Eaters - Echoplex (?)
    1/20 - Guster - HOB Anaheim (?)
    1/29 - Patti Smith - Ace (?)

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Quote Originally Posted by cormaic View Post
    I didn't think life could get much better than Nick Cave performing Stagger Lee, but then they closed the set with Papa Won't Leave You Henry. Jesus Christ. That's one of the best shows I've seen all year.
    Yep, that was a hell of a show. Although everyone that's seen him in the last 2 years knows that. Glad I got to see him and didn't end up seeing a truncated Coachella set too. The Masonic Theater in Detroit is fucking lovely, the band was on point, and Cave is on the top tier of performers, on par with Prince and Michael Gira. That dude could fuck any woman in the world without even having to try. And he's pretty fucking hilarious too. Cracking jokes, usually at the expense of people holding up their phones, interacting with the audience, etc. The audience was super into it too. At one point, someone threw out a deck of cards during the appropriate lyric during Stagger Lee. The only minor complaints I have is that I'm still not huge on his traditional style piano ballads, but I'll admit they were very pretty and few and far between, and that his encore song selection was very slightly underwhelming. When you have such massive songs as Tupelo, The Mercy Seat, Stagger Lee, and From Her To Eternity in the main set, it's hard not to be a little underwhelmed by The Ship Song and Deanna. Still ending on Do You Love Me? and Papa Won't Leave You Henry was pretty great, so really not a major complaint. Push The Sky Away is seriously one of his best songs and the perfect main set closer. That one really gets to me. I could have happily taken another hour, and lord knows he's got the catalog to pull from, but I was grateful to see possibly the top band on my current bucket list and not be the least bit disappointed. I'm having a hard time thinking of many other acts I'd spend 30 hours traveling and waiting on buses and not really sleeping just to see (and feel like it was worth it afterwards).
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

Beach Goth Vs Festival Supreme. FUCK! I really want to go to both.
    Coachella Vet. 03,05,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,and 14

Shabazz Palaces were fucking spectacular tonight. The new material sounded great, they played nearly all of Black Up, the sound was probably the best I've heard at the Roxy, the temperature was much more pleasant than the Cloud Nothings show a few weeks ago, overall an unusually wonderful night at that venue.
    Excellent. The one time I saw Shabazz I was just blown away, so it's good to finally see someone else agree with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Anyone going to the Hammer tonight For Marques Wyatt and Doc Martin?
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Nocturnal Wonderland Saturday, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl, Festival Supreme, Coachella 2015

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

All tickets are free too.

December 31 - Matthew Dear/The Sword/Pallbearer
    January 30 - Behemoth
    February 3 - Zola Jesus
    February 10 - 1349
    February 28 - A Place To Bury Strangers
    April 6 - Swans
    April 10-12 - Coachella
    April 17 - Clark/Nosaj Thing
    May 8-10 - Austin Psych Fest
    May 15-17 - Psycho California
    June 24-28 - Glastonbury

Beach Goth is going to have THE worst crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    have plans for before hand? I'll most likely be at the Ace hotels rooftop bar if you care to join.
    Kinda depends on what time I get off work. But if I can make it, I'll come look for ya there! Bunnies came on last night at 9:25pm, btw. So thinking it'll be about the same tomorrow.
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden| Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| DFA 1979| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

Bunnies is the opening band I assume?

Nope. Just short for Echo and the Bunnymen. The opening act was some guy solo on an acoustic guitar. He was ok. But I don't need to see him again. He went on at 8:20.

They said 9:30 when I called earlier today.

That's a good amount of pregaming time if I get into town at 5:30/6.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

I would recommend the trifecta of Spring St Bar/The Falls/Beelmans On Spring between 6th and 7th. All 3 have great cocktails and beer, good food, and good happy hours.
    last.fm
    12/4/14 - Angel Olsen @ El Rey // 12/10/14 - Tune-Yards/Cibo Matto @ Wiltern

Quote Originally Posted by ficklecycle View Post
    Beach Goth is going to have THE worst crowd.
    any Burger-type show, especially in Orange County, bring a really horrendous crowd. the bands are usually too good to pass up though.

As someone who grew up in Orange County, a good majority of the people there are awful.

Quote Originally Posted by fudgumslover View Post
    any Burger-type show, especially in Orange County, bring a really horrendous crowd. the bands are usually too good to pass up though.
    How bad are we talking? Going for the first time this weekend for Burger a-Go-Go.
    10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater (?), 10/18 Culture Collide, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale, 11/7 Warpaint @ Echoplex, 11/12 Blonde Redhead @ Fonda

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    How bad are we talking? Going for the first time this weekend for Burger a-Go-Go.
    It's generally a very young crowd. think 15 year olds in Fidlar shirts jumping on stage taking selfies. I really like those bands and have been seeing them for years, but all the 'Burger babes' surrounding you will probably get on your nerves by the end of the day. the crowd at these shows has changed a lot in the past year, but the music is just as good. make sure you catch Shannon and the Clams (probably the best band on the lineup).

Mish Way told me to check them out at Sled Island, but I had plans with friends to see Dan Deacon and B.A. Johnston (this guy is unbelievably awesome), which was a blast.
    10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater (?), 10/18 Culture Collide, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale, 11/7 Warpaint @ Echoplex, 11/12 Blonde Redhead @ Fonda

Unlocking the Truth
    @ the Troubadour
    Saturday Sep 13, 2014

SLASH FEAT. MYLES KENNEDY & THE CONSPIRATORS
    @ the Troubadour
    Tuesday Sep 23, 2014

Tori Amos was fabulous last night in Austin. She looks absolutely amazing for 50 and probably sounds better than she did 20 years ago. Such solid vocal control. I read somewhere she's performed over 200 different songs on this tour alone and the majority of the setlists are requests from local fans. That's how you do a solo tour.

And I just got home and saw that I have an email that I won tickets to the ACL taping for White Denim on Monday

1/27 Kevin Hart, 1/30 White Arrows, 1/31 Allen Toussaint, 3/1 Fleetwood Mac, 4/4 Stars, 4/17-4/19 Coachella W2

Quote Originally Posted by meyouseek View Post
    On another note, did anyone end up pulling the trigger on Splash House tickets?

We took our time deciding but eventually got Saturday tickets and a cheap room at the Palm Mountain Resort and Spa right by the Hard Rock.

Oh no, only 9 days to work on my tan and abs.
    I'm not able to make it, but my friends are going...Are all of these shows taking place at a pool? Or does Hard Rock have a venue of some sort inside? I have a feeling i'll regret not catching CC at a pool party...

I'm expecting some sort of stage setup by the pool at the Hard Rock to accommodate CC. Should be pretty nice... and blasticon hot.

Quote Originally Posted by brando4n82 View Post
    Anyone going to the Hammer tonight For Marques Wyatt and Doc Martin?
    Yeah, I'll be there. Look for a guy with a gray goatee and four kids (nieces and nephews).

Quote Originally Posted by purplecow View Post
    Tori Amos was fabulous last night in Austin. She looks absolutely amazing for 50 and probably sounds better than she did 20 years ago. Such solid vocal control.
    So in other words, she is truly the next Michael Jackson?
    12/22 - Beachwood Sparks, et al - Echoplex
    12/30 - Together Pangea - Echo
    1/10 - Flesh Eaters - Echoplex (?)
    1/20 - Guster - HOB Anaheim (?)
    1/29 - Patti Smith - Ace (?)

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

So in other words, she is truly the next Michael Jackson?
    Nope, just Beyonce. Thanks for your helpful post though.

1/27 Kevin Hart, 1/30 White Arrows, 1/31 Allen Toussaint, 3/1 Fleetwood Mac, 4/4 Stars, 4/17-4/19 Coachella W2