Page 2397 of 2446 FirstFirst ... 23922393239423952396239723982399240024012402 ... LastLast
Results 71,881 to 71,910 of 73364

Thread: Upcoming Shows

  1. #71881

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Except that Cage and Jake Bugg are a much better fit as openers for The Black Keys.

  2. #71882
    Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    9,122

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Except that St. Vincent is without question a much much much better artist than Cage and Jake Bugg, so who gives a fuck?
    August 1 - Black Label Society
    August 14 - Nine Inch Nails/Soundgarden/DEP
    August 27 - Röyksopp & Robyn
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 12 - Austin City Limits: Day 3
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Metal Festival
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 23 - Caribou

  3. #71883
    Coachella Junkie rage patton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    26,489

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    Except that Cage and Jake Bugg are a much better fit as openers for The Black Keys.
    Well, duh. I kind of figured that was implied in my comment. There is no arguing that. I just love that St. Vincent is opening for The Black Keys and it is going to confuse the fuck out of a lot of people.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

  4. #71884
    Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    nomad's land
    Posts
    9,847

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Well, duh. I kind of figured that was implied in my comment. There is no arguing that. I just love that St. Vincent is opening for The Black Keys and it is going to confuse the fuck out of a lot of people.
    she's going to be super famous soon so it kind of sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

  5. #71885
    old school HotHamWater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    A thematic narrative
    Posts
    2,671

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Well, duh. I kind of figured that was implied in my comment. There is no arguing that. I just love that St. Vincent is opening for The Black Keys and it is going to confuse the fuck out of a lot of people.
    I don't think she's a "weird" artist who will confuse people. It's not like it's Liars opening.

  6. #71886
    Coachella Junkie Miroir Noir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Zip City
    Posts
    7,306

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Truth bomb: for all of her high art pretensions and trappings, the soft commercial middle was always the scheduled destination for St. Vinny.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

  7. #71887
    Coachella Junkie Miroir Noir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Zip City
    Posts
    7,306

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    And also, there's nothing wrong with that, at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

  8. #71888
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    23,050

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    No SF date for The Black Keys? Hmm.

    8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

  9. #71889
    Coachella Junkie fikus222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oakland
    Posts
    8,576

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    TI Fest for the Keys?
    8/07 LeMaitre @ The Rickshaw Stop (?)
    8/08-8/10 Outside Lands #5
    8/11 NONONO @ GAMH
    8/23 NIN and Soundgarden @ Shoreline
    9/27 Simian Mobile Disco @ The Mezzanine
    10/5 The War On Drugs @ The Fillmore
    10/10 Woman's Hour @ the Rickshaw Stop
    10/17 SBTRKT @ the Fox Theatre (?)
    10/21 Jessie Ware @ The Chapel
    10/24 Little Dragon @ the Fox Theatre
    10/24 Rüfüs Du Sol @ The Mezzanine
    11/29 London Grammar @ the Fox Theatre

  10. #71890
    old school HotHamWater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    A thematic narrative
    Posts
    2,671

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    No Albuquerque date, either. Maybe they're playing the Albuquerque Music Festival That Doesn't Exist and Never Will.

  11. #71891
    Coachella Junkie Miroir Noir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Zip City
    Posts
    7,306

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    The Ozymandias Music and Arts Festival sponsored by Los Pollos Hermanos and Venezia Pizza
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

  12. #71892
    old school HotHamWater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    A thematic narrative
    Posts
    2,671

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Ozomatli headlining all 3 days!

  13. #71893
    Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DTLA, CA
    Posts
    21,190

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Bahaha. The looks on some of the people's faces in the crowd during St. Vincent during those shows opening for The Black Keys is going to be priceless. With that being said, those should be killer shows and a way better opener than Cage the Elephant or Jake Bugg.
    This is a confounding statement. St Vincent is a great opener for them.
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

  14. #71894
    old school Drewski27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    California's Elbow
    Posts
    5,113

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    St. Vincent would make a great opener for anyone because St. Vincent is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by EmberVega View Post
    You guys are mean. Sexy people are not meant to be smart.

    August 1 - Echo and the Bunnymen - Orpheum
    August 4 - Arcade Fire - SB Bowl
    August 23/24 - FYF Fest - Expo park
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

  15. #71895
    Coachella Junkie Boourns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    26,679

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Except that St. Vincent is without question a much much much better artist than Cage and Jake Bugg, so who gives a fuck?
    And also the Black Keys, really. Gotta love those tours when a headliner has an opener that will upstage them.
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

  16. #71896
    Member iantmcfarland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    495

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    No LA date = Made in America ?
    With an eight-day gap between Seattle and San Diego, we could easily get a Staples Center date added later on. Hell, it's not to hard to believe Black Keys could play Made in America and announce another LA show in early September and still be able to fill up an arena in two months.

  17. #71897
    Loveable Curmudgeon TallGuyCM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Hermosa Beach
    Posts
    19,925

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by woogie846 View Post
    Does the Church get as hot as CFAER?
    Yep. A friend of mine directly compared the two after the show last night, haha.
    7/31 - Hamilton Leithauser - Echo
    8/06 - Herbie Hancock - Hollywood Bowl (?)
    8/07 - Haim - Wiltern (?)
    8/08 - Spoon - Hollywood Forever
    8/10 - Paul McCartney - Dodger Stadium


    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

    Twitter, if you dare

  18. #71898
    Loveable Curmudgeon TallGuyCM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Hermosa Beach
    Posts
    19,925

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    St. Vinny.
    7/31 - Hamilton Leithauser - Echo
    8/06 - Herbie Hancock - Hollywood Bowl (?)
    8/07 - Haim - Wiltern (?)
    8/08 - Spoon - Hollywood Forever
    8/10 - Paul McCartney - Dodger Stadium


    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

    Twitter, if you dare

  19. #71899
    Coachella Junkie rage patton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    26,489

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    This is a confounding statement. St Vincent is a great opener for them.
    People are going to think she is "weird." Especially on this tour… with he costumes, strange stage set up, choreographed dance routines, and her bizarre stage banter. I mean, I loved her show I saw back in March, but a lot of people going to see The Black Keys are not going to "get it."
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

  20. #71900
    Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DTLA, CA
    Posts
    21,190

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    You are unfamiliar with the concept of performers altering what they do on tour when they are opening for another band as opposed to what they are doing during headlining shows. I am sure the goal will be reaching a new audience and not alienating the people that are there.
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

  21. #71901
    Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DTLA, CA
    Posts
    21,190

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    With an eight-day gap between Seattle and San Diego, we could easily get a Staples Center date added later on. Hell, it's not to hard to believe Black Keys could play Made in America and announce another LA show in early September and still be able to fill up an arena in two months.
    Seeing that Made In America and Staples are run by 2 corporations in direct competition with each other, I am going to say that contracts would be in place to make sure that that wouldn't happen.
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

  22. #71902
    old school nosurprises12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Burbank, CA
    Posts
    3,859

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    You are unfamiliar with the concept of performers altering what they do on tour when they are opening for another band as opposed to what they are doing during headlining shows. I am sure the goal will be reaching a new audience and not alienating the people that are there.
    She doesn't strike me as the kind of artist who would "dumb down" or change her live shows due to opening for a more mainstream audience, but who knows.

  23. #71903
    old school HotHamWater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    A thematic narrative
    Posts
    2,671

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Maybe it's been too long since I've seen her, but she never struck me as being weird for any audience. What the fuck am I missing?

  24. #71904
    Member Phantasma Del Mar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Park
    Posts
    1,821

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    I think more than anything, Black Keys fans at those dates are gonna be bummed they're not getting to see Cage The Elephant. It may just be the least tight thing that's ever happened to them.

  25. #71905
    Loveable Curmudgeon TallGuyCM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Hermosa Beach
    Posts
    19,925

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    You are unfamiliar with the concept of performers altering what they do on tour when they are opening for another band as opposed to what they are doing during headlining shows. I am sure the goal will be reaching a new audience and not alienating the people that are there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Seeing that Made In America and Staples are run by 2 corporations in direct competition with each other, I am going to say that contracts would be in place to make sure that that wouldn't happen.
    Speculation Thursday! Let's just make assumptions and correct people with no basis whatsoever!
    7/31 - Hamilton Leithauser - Echo
    8/06 - Herbie Hancock - Hollywood Bowl (?)
    8/07 - Haim - Wiltern (?)
    8/08 - Spoon - Hollywood Forever
    8/10 - Paul McCartney - Dodger Stadium


    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

    Twitter, if you dare

  26. #71906
    Chest Rockwell Gribbz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    19,887

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    This isn't strange at all really. St. Vincent isn't the Knife. And Black Keys' fans aren't Tool/Rage fans.

    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    I think I have to do this.
    Me too. Unless St. Vincent does an ACL aftershow (which I strongly believe she will).
    Last edited by Gribbz; 05-08-2014 at 09:10 AM.

    Boris - 7/29 - The Mohawk
    NIN/Soundgarden/ - 8/14 - Austin 360
    Woods - 8/20 - Holy Mountain
    Jamie xx - 8/27 - The Mohawk
    Little Dragon - 8/31 - Moody Theater
    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town

  27. #71907
    Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    nomad's land
    Posts
    9,847

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    Speculation Thursday! Let's just make assumptions and correct people with no basis whatsoever!
    it's the internet, dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

  28. #71908
    Coachella Junkie Miroir Noir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Zip City
    Posts
    7,306

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    "Digital Witness" is playing on my local FM rawk station and she's doing SNL in two weeks. Pretty sure she can handle opening for the Black Keys without it being a profoundly alienating experience for all involved.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gribbz View Post
    This isn't strange at all really. St. Vincent isn't the Knife. And Black Keys' fans aren't Tool/Rage fans.
    Right, it's an incredibly diverse fan base.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

  29. #71909
    Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    nomad's land
    Posts
    9,847

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    Maybe it's been too long since I've seen her, but she never struck me as being weird for any audience. What the fuck am I missing?
    she lays down while singing now. it's bizarre.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

  30. #71910
    Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DTLA, CA
    Posts
    21,190

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    Speculation Thursday! Let's just make assumptions and correct people with no basis whatsoever!
    Would you care to explain why you think these things are not true? Do you think that Live Nation would book The Black Keys and not have a contract stipulation that they not play an AEG-owned venue a mile away shortly after? Have you never seen a performer do something different than their headlining slots in an opening slot for a larger band? I don't think suggesting that is any stranger than just suggesting that the fans will be utterly confused by her performance.

    I'm not "correcting" anyone or making anything up. You can continue to, for some reason, be perturbed by my comments on here, but what i am saying are perfectly reasonable points of discussion.
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •