Page 2390 of 2460 FirstFirst ... 23852386238723882389239023912392239323942395 ... LastLast
Results 71,671 to 71,700 of 73782

Thread: Upcoming Shows

Default Re: Upcoming Shows

Quote Originally Posted by ameeps View Post
    Holy jeebus who ever thought NMH would play the bowl
    No one and when it's cancelled due to lack of ticket sales no one will ever see them there. They shouldve booked the greek. So silly.
    Concert Schedule
    Dips All Day Everyday.
    http://instagram.com/moviebruin

Haim
    The Wiltern
    August 7 and 8
    Onsale Friday at 10am

Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    Tickets are not murder. $60 for the front sounds about right. Hopefully there is an opener thatll draw.
    I'm hoping for another "super show" a la TVOTR/Arctic Monkeys/Panda Bear/Warpaint a few years ago.

Interpol
    Boulevard Pool – Mophie Stage at the Cosmopolitan of Las Vega, Las Vegas, NV
    Thu, Aug 21, 2014 08:00 PM

http://www.ticketmaster.com/interpol...004C910AC1D4B0
    9/6 Salva @ TBA
    9/17 DJ Earl @ Low End Theory
    9/18 Gaslamp Killer @ Mayan
    9/22 Interpol @ Fox Pomona
    9/25 Simian Mobile Disco @ El Rey

So how the heck are they going to impose NMH's no camera policy at the bowl?

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    So how the heck are they going to impose NMH's no camera policy at the bowl?
    Well the worst dimension of this is if you are sitting farther back you're not going to see anything since I imagine they won't be projecting the performance onto the screens.

Quote Originally Posted by IceyHotshot View Post
    Well the worst dimension of this is if you are sitting farther back you're not going to see anything since I imagine they won't be projecting the performance onto the screens.

They might have to. I dont think youre going to have too many happy people sitting in section X just sitting and trying to listen.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

They only showed like 3 songs from Bjork's set last year on the screens (the rest of the show they just played the same visuals that were projected behind her on the giant backdrop). That was pretty disappointing.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by xanman86 View Post
    Anyone know the beyonce.com presale password?
    Theyre personalized, you had to be on the beyonce email list. Whoops.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    They only showed like 3 songs from Bjork's set last year on the screens (the rest of the show they just played the same visuals that were projected behind her on the giant backdrop). That was pretty disappointing.
    That reminds me of how annoying it was during her 2007 performance when shots of the Reactable monopolized the side screens on the Coachella stage.
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

Quote Originally Posted by cutterbutter View Post
    NMH at the hollywood bowl sounds like a bad joke.
    Seriously. I was hoping for a Los Angeles date but wasn't expecting this.

As for Paul McCartney, I think I might try going to Elysian Park for the concert. My friends and I sometimes go there to drink and hang out during dodger games. There is a spot where you can get a really good view of the whole stadium and I'm fairly sure that we would be able to hear the music. I'm just hoping it wont be too crowded.

Anyone know if the AMEX presale for Macca will be on TM? Or are they using the same travesty of a system used for the pre-sale?
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden|
    Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

Neutral Milk Hotel at the Bowl should be magnificent. Shame it's on a Thursday, or else I'd make the trip. Sitting at the back of the Hollywood Bowl with nothing on the screens and a dimly lit stage would be a damn fine way to catch NMH.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe View Post
    Here is all I'll say about borders ... the Los Angeles Angels.

Quote Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
    Anyone know if the AMEX presale for Macca will be on TM? Or are they using the same travesty of a system used for the pre-sale?
    Dodgers website.

TM released box seats for Rodrigo y Gabriela at the Orpheum next Tuesday if anyone needs em

http://www.ticketmaster.com/899-kcrw...004C3AFB737A63

Dodgers website.
    Thx
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden|
    Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

Quote Originally Posted by ambient sounds View Post
    As for Paul McCartney, I think I might try going to Elysian Park for the concert. My friends and I sometimes go there to drink and hang out during dodger games. There is a spot where you can get a really good view of the whole stadium and I'm fairly sure that we would be able to hear the music. I'm just hoping it wont be too crowded.
    How would this work? Are you going to listen across the parking lot?

If i haven't seen Jeff Mangum five times and NHM at Coachella I would be all about seeing NHM at the Bowl.I kinda still want to go because I like to see at least one show a year at the Hollywood Bowl but yeah it's on a Thursday.
    Translation

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Still pretty serious about this.

Jack White @ Bill .... 08/22/14
    FYF @ LA Sport Area 08/23 - 08/24/14
    Swans @ The Independent 08/08/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14

Last.fm

Neutral Milk Hotel
    The Hollywood Bowl
    September 18
    Well this is one of the worst possible venues i can imagine seeing this band

The Celebrate Brooklyn lineup announced! More proof that summer is actually coming! Now let's see who FYF booked for House of Vans shows

This lineup > Summerstage

Celebrate Brooklyn! 2014 Schedule

Some highlights of the FREE shows include:

Dum Dum Girls, Hospitality and TEEN on June 21.
    Warpaint and Yellowbirds on June 26.
    Shovels & Rope, Valerie June and Shakey Graves on June 27.
    Robert Glasper Experiment featuring Talib Kweli, Glenn Kotche and Aja Monet on July 5.
    Deltron 3030 and Nomadic Massive on July 19.
    Nickel Creek on July 24.
    Kes the Band and Kuenta I Tambu (KiT) on August 2.
    St. Vincent and San Fermin on August 9.
    All of the above-mentioned shows are FREE, all ages, and open to the public. Most start at 7 or 7:30 PM.

Check out the full Celebrate Brooklyn! schedule below...

CELEBRATE BROOKLYN! 2014 LINEUP
    WEDNESDAY, JUNE 4, 8:00 P.M.
    JANELLE MONÁE
    Opening Night Concert
    FREE
    Over the course of one EP (Metropolis: Suite 1 (The Chase), 2007) and two critically acclaimed concept albums (The ArchAndroid, 2010 and The Electric Lady, 2013), Janelle Monáe has revealed herself as one of the most original pop voices of her generation: at once futuristic, retro, and totally of the moment. Protégé of Big Boi, signed to Bad Boy, and the founder of her own Wondaland Art Society, she is "a super-musical cross between James Brown, Judy Garland, André 3000 and Steve Jobs, invented to test the desperate incredulity of music journalists" (The Telegraph).
    Prior to the concert, BRIC will hold the Celebrate Brooklyn! Opening Night Gala, honoring Kenneth Adams, President & CEO of Empire State Development and Commissioner of the New York State Department of Economic Development, at 5:30 P.M. Gala tickets can be purchased online at www.BRICartsmedia.org/cb or by contacting Kristina Beaudett at 718.683.5633 or kbeaudett@BRICartsmedia.org.
    Following the concert, at 10:00 P.M., gala guests and Friends of Celebrate Brooklyn! (i.e., members) are invited to the Opening Night After-Party featuring DJ Spinna.

SATURDAY, JUNE 7, 7:00 P.M.
    Bud Light Music Series
    THE SOUL REBELS | JON CLEARY & THE ABSOLUTE MONSTER GENTLEMEN | THE LOST BAYOU RAMBLERS
    FREE
    A rousing triple bill that celebrates the many sounds of Louisiana with The Soul Rebels, "the missing link between Public Enemy and Louis Armstrong" (Village Voice), supplying the brass, Jon Cleary, whose R&B combo "is as broad, deep and roiling as the Mississippi river" (Rolling Stone), and Lost Bayou Ramblers coming through with the foot-stomping zydeco.

TUESDAY, JUNE 10, 7:00 P.M.
    JACK JOHNSON | BAHAMAS
    Celebrate Brooklyn! Benefit Concert
    SOLD OUT

THURSDAY, JUNE 12, 7:00 P.M.
    Celebrate Brooklyn! & Blue Note Jazz Festival Present
    CELEBRATE ORNETTE: THE MUSIC OF ORNETTE COLEMAN FEATURING DENARDO COLEMAN VIBE
    FREE
    The pioneering saxophonist and composer Ornette Coleman "expanded the jazz idiom more than anyone except perhaps Louis Armstrong" (All About Jazz), but his influence reaches far beyond jazz. His son Denardo, an outstanding drummer who debuted on record with his father at the age of 10, convenes a deep and surprising lineup of special guests for a long-overdue exploration and celebration of Ornette's music and spirit, with his own band at the core. Special guests include Afrika Bambaataa, Bill Laswell, Bruce Hornsby, Flea, Geri Allen, Henry Threadgill, James Blood Ulmer, Patti Smith and many more. See www.BRICartsmedia.org for lineup updates.

SATURDAY, JUNE 14, 4:00 P.M.
    OZOMATLI'S OZOKIDZ
    Ezra Jack Keats Family Concert

FREE
    The Grammy-winning, TED-Talking, fiercely political and devotedly multi-cultural L.A. party band Ozomatli brought their "effortless mashup of musical styles" (NPR Music), to families and children in 2012 with the album OzoKids. They head to the Bandshell for Celebrate Brooklyn's annual homage to the trailblazing children's book author and illustrator Ezra Jack Keats, a Brooklyn native who was the first to populate his distinctly urban stories with young people of color. Along with music, the day will feature readings of Keats' work, great food for all ages, and of course the great Park Slope tradition of on-site stroller parking.

TUESDAY, JUNE 17, 7:00 P.M.
    THE NATIONAL | PHOSPHORESCENT
    SOLD OUT

WEDNESDAY, JUNE 18, 7:00 P.M.
    THE NATIONAL | LORD HURON
    SOLD OUT

THURSDAY, JUNE 19, 7:00 P.M.
    THE NATIONAL | MS MR
    Tickets are available via Ticketmaster, the Mercury Lounge box office and the Music Hall of Williamsburg box office.
    $49.50 advance / $50 day of show

FRIDAY, JUNE 20, 7:30 P.M.
    AMOS LEE | LAKE STREET DIVE
    FREE
    The Philly-born singer-songwriter Amos Lee, a "gentle genius" (Billboard) of R&B and country-inflected folk, hit his stride with last year's Mountains of Sorrow, Rivers of Song, a record that "brims with introspection about life and love" (Entertainment Weekly). He follows Lake Street Dive, a captivating indie-pop-swing foursome whose lead singer Rachel Price "has the soulful howl of a young Etta James" (Daily News).

SATURDAY, JUNE 21, 7:00 P.M.
    DUM DUM GIRLS | HOSPITALITY | TEEN
    FREE
    Named in homage to both Iggy Pop and The Vaselines, Dum Dum Girls might be the smartest band ever to put '60s girl group sounds through a garage rock meat grinder. Their first LP, I Will Be, was "a blistering half-hour of menacing, witty bubblegum pop" (Pitchfork), and every release since has been a revelatory combination of deep musical references and pure adrenaline. With on-the-rise Brooklyn acts Hospitality and Teen, both riding high on acclaimed sophomore albums released earlier this year.

THURSDAY, JUNE 26, 7:30 P.M.
    WARPAINT | YELLOWBIRDS
    FREE
    Warpaint weaves intricate guitar lines, hypnotic vocals, and driving post punk rhythms into gorgeous, sprawling songs that skirt the line between psychedelia and intimacy. Their self-titled second album, released earlier this year, is "the perfect backdrop for your next midnight séance or moonlit dance party" (Rolling Stone). Brooklyn singer-guitarist-songwriter Sam Cohen's Yellowbirds play bracing rock 'n' roll and bubbling folk, drifting jangle and swiveling R&B with "an endearing raggedness, as though Cohen invited you into his living room" (Pitchfork).

FRIDAY, JUNE 27, 7:00 P.M.
    Bud Light Music Series
    SHOVELS & ROPE | VALERIE JUNE | SHAKEY GRAVES
    FREE
    Husband-and-wife duo Shovels & Rope's "first rate tunes" range from "raucous anthems to dark story songs" (New Yorker). The astonishing Valerie June, "a major star in waiting" (London Evening Standard), blends rural roots and country that crosses Alan Lomax's acoustic field recordings with biting, electric indie-blues. Shakey Graves conjures sparse, spooky folk with a guitar, a modified suitcase/kick drum and a voice that "jumps from a whisper to a yelp" (Austin360).

SATURDAY, JUNE 28, 7:30 P.M.
    LUCIANO | SANDRA ST. VICTOR & OYA'S DAUGHTER
    FREE
    Hailed as the greatest hope for the survival of roots reggae, Luciano couples a cosmopolitan style with "soulful, spiritual messages ... that feel pulled straight out of gospel" (The New York Times). The prolific Jamaican overflows with music; he has released 40 records since his 1995 landmark debut, Where There Is Life. The evening begins with a tribute to the beloved community activist Faybiene Miranda led by the powerhouse singer Sandra St. Victor and featuring students from the Ifetayo Cultural Arts Academy, which Miranda ran in Brooklyn until her passing.

SATURDAY, JULY 5, 7:00 P.M.
    ROBERT GLASPER EXPERIMENT FEATURING TALIB KWELI | GLENN KOTCHE | AJA MONET
    FREE
    An elevated hybrid of jazz, hip-hop, and R&B leaps from the Grammy-winning fingers of the "supple, simmering pianist" (NPR Music). Robert Glasper--a fusion that finds its most potent expression with his exceptional band Robert Glasper Experiment. He comes to the Bandshell with the stalwart Brooklyn MC Talib Kweli on board to add his lyrical prowess to the holiday weekend. The versatile percussionist and composer Glenn Kotche's solo work--on glorious display in Adventureland, released earlier this year--is "as rooted around high-brow concepts as it is in rhythmic dynamicity and melodic bemusement" (Pitchfork). Aja Monet, the youngest ever winner of the New York City's Nuyorican Poets Café Grand Slam Champion title, takes the stage for an opening set.

THURSDAY, JULY 10, 7:00 P.M.
    Bud Light Latin Music Series
    Celebrate Brooklyn! & LAMC Present
    ILLYA KURYAKI & THE VALDERRAMAS | CHOCQUIBTOWN | RVSB
    FREE
    The reunited Argentine duo Illya Kuryaki & the Valderramas deliver a blend of hip-hop, rock, funk, and salsa with an irresistible sense of fun and mischief. They headline this LAMC (Latin Alternative Music Conference) showcase, which also includes hard-hitting, Latin Grammy-winning Afro-Colombian hip-hop group ChocQuibTown and the hypnotic Chilean duo RVSB, a collaboration between Latin Bitman and DJ Raff.

FRIDAY, JULY 11, 7:30 P.M.
    VOTE, IT AIN'T ILLEGAL YET!
    FREE
    Directed by author/filmmaker/journalist and longtime Fort Greene resident Nelson George, this special BRIC commission honors the 50th anniversary of the landmark Voting Rights Acts of 1965 with a moving and exciting combination of film, music, and spoken word. This ambitious exploration of American polls yesterday and today celebrates and recognizes the journey we have collectively undertaken towards equality at the voting booth--and the distance we have left to travel. Vote, It Ain't Illegal Yet! will include contributions by Burning Spear, Vernon Reid, Maya Azucena, Roger Guenveur Smith, Carl Hancock Rux, Rosario Dawson, Ramya Ramana and many more. With musical direction by D-Nice. See www.BRICartsmedia.org for lineup updates.

SATURDAY, JULY 12, 7:30 P.M.
    Music & Movies
    ALLOY ORCHESTRA: HE WHO GETS SLAPPED | STEPHANE WREMBEL

FREE
    With its signature rack of junk and an endless arsenal of sounds, Alloy Orchestra, "the best in the world at accompanying silent films" (Roger Ebert), returns to Celebrate Brooklyn! with the NYC premiere of its original score to He Who Gets Slapped (1924), the tragic tale of a brilliant scientist who loses his research--and his wife--to a dishonest man and winds up a down-and-out circus clown with a very peculiar act. With an opening set by local Gypsy jazz guitar wizard Stephane Wrembel.

THURSDAY, JULY 17, 8:00 P.M.
    SHEN WEI DANCE
    FREE
    The Chinese-born, NYC-based Shen Wei is internationally renowned for his cross-cultural, boldly visual movement-based works, the 2008 Beijing Olympics opening ceremonies being among his best-known choreographic spectacles. This evening-length program centers on his Rite of Spring, a lushly physical expression of Stravinsky's great score. "Shen Wei's Rite reclaims the ambitious, hopeful modern spirit bubbling at the time Stravinsky and Nijinsky created their 1913 original--that is, unembarrassed to think and aspire to more" (Boston Globe).

FRIDAY, JULY 18, 7:00 P.M.
    Celebrate Brooklyn! & Brasil Summerfest Present
    BEBEL GILBERTO | VINICIUS CANTUÁRIA | NETSAYI

FREE
    Brazilian musical royalty comes to the Bandshell in the form of Bebel Gilberto, "a bewitching figure" (Los Angeles Times) who elegantly celebrates the bossa nova style her father, the legendary guitarist João Gilberto, helped popularize. Vinicius Cantuária, "the doyen of Brazilian singer-songwriters" (The Guardian), is a Bossa Nova icon in his own right whose storied career includes explorations into rock and a long love affair with New York's downtown jazz world. The evening begins with a set of contemporary African folk from the exquisite Zimbabwean singer Netsayi.

SATURDAY, JULY 19, 7:30 P.M.
    DELTRON 3030 | NOMADIC MASSIVE
    FREE
    Featuring DJ and musician Kid Koala, producer Dan the Automator, and "the King of the Oddball Rappers" (Pitchfork) Del the Funky Homosapian, Deltron 3030 is one of the great alternative hip-hop concept projects of all time, an Afrofuturist extravaganza in the tradition of Sun Ra and George Clinton. The original eponymous record from 2000 and last year's follow up, Event II, recount the outer space adventures of Del's alter ego Deltron Zero in the year 3030. For the live version, an orchestra joins the supergroup. The sprawling Montréal hip-hop collective Nomadic Massive opens the night.

TUESDAY & WEDNESDAY, JULY 22 & 23, 7:00 P.M.
    NEUTRAL MILK HOTEL | CIRCULATORY SYSTEM
    July 22 - SOLD OUT
    Tickets for July 23 are available via Ticketmaster, the Mercury Lounge box office and the Music Hall of Williamsburg box office. $39.50 advance / $45 day of show

THURSDAY, JULY 24, 7:30 P.M.
    NICKEL CREEK
    FREE
    In the seven years since they last performed together, the influential bluegrass outfit Nickel Creek's "deep and specific rapport as a trio has sat untroubled on the shelf, ready to be uncorked at any time" (The New York Times). On the 25th anniversary of the band's formation, Chris Thile, Sara Watkins, and Sean Watkins have obliged their untold hoards of fans with a new album, a tour, and a free show at Celebrate Brooklyn!

SATURDAY, JULY 26, 7:00 P.M.
    NICK CAVE & THE BAD SEEDS | DEVENDRA BANHART | NICOLE ATKINS
    Celebrate Brooklyn! Benefit ConcertTickets are available via Ticketmaster and Best Buy Theater box office
    $59.50

FRIDAY, JULY 25, 7:30 P.M.
    Music & Movies
    AMANDLA!: A REVOLUTION IN FOUR-PART HARMONY | NAO MUYANGA

FREE
    Twenty years ago, South Africa's apartheid regime fell. To mark the occasion, Celebrate Brooklyn! presents a rare screening of the Amandla!: A Revolution in Four-Part Harmony (2002), an extraordinary documentary featuring Miriam Makeba, Abdullah Ibrahim, Hugh Masekela and many others. The film examines the role music played in the forging of the modern nation. South African composer Neo Muyanga begins the evening with a set that will include a live performance of his score to William Kentridges's short film Second-hand Reading (2013), performed with live projection.

THURSDAY, JULY 31, 7:30 P.M.
    DANCE THEATER OF HARLEM | LEYLA MCCALLA
    FREE
    The return of Dance Theater of Harlem to the world stage after a nine-year hiatus is cause for celebration. The groundbreaking company is here with a program that includes Donald Byrd's Contested Space (2012), Robert Garland's Return (1999) and a sleek and evocative restaging of Frederic Franklin's 1984 masterpiece of classical rigor Pas de Dix by Keith Saunders, Kellye Saunders, and Virginia Johnson. The New Orleans-based cellist and singer Leyla McCalla, whose recent album Vari-Colored Songs pays tribute to the poetry of Langston Hughes, plays an opening set.

FRIDAY, AUGUST 1, 7:30 P.M.
    Bud Light Latin Music Series
    JIMMY BOSCH Y SU ESTRELLAS | PEDRITO MARTINEZ GROUP FEATURING ARIACNE TRUJILLO

FREE
    A Latin dance party of epic proportions comes to the Bandshell with Jimmy Bosch, "El Trombon Criollo," leading an all-star ensemble that includes Herman Olivera, Willito Otero, Yoko La Japonesa Salsera, Edwin Sanchez, Karen Joseph, Bobby Allende, Jorge Gonzalez, Orlanda Vega, Jose Tabares, Mitch Frohman, Pete Nader, Jeff Lederer and the Yamulee Dancers. Bosch shares the bill with Cuban percussionist Pedrito Martinez, his band augmented here by the vocalist Ariacne Trujillo.

SATURDAY, AUGUST 2, 7:30 P.M.
    KES THE BAND | KUENTA I TAMBU (KiT)
    FREE
    Trinidad's Kes, a band of brothers that has taken the soca world by storm with hits like Wotless and Tuesday on the Rocks, brings its "bigger, better, crazier, sexier" (Caribbean Beat) island pop sound to the Bandshell. Kuenta i Tambu (KiT) incites frenzy on the dance floor with a sound that blends the Afro Caribbean party music of its Curuçao heritage with club beats from its Amsterdam home.

THURSDAY, AUGUST 7, 7:30 P.M.
    ALTAN | MAURA O'CONNELL
    FREE
    Founded in County Donegal nearly three decades ago and "thought by many to be the finest traditional Irish combo working today" (Chicago Weekly), Altan "have managed to cross the all-important cultural barriers between folk and world and rock music" (Dublin's Sunday Tribune). With the singer Maura O'Connell, who delivers stirring renditions of Irish classics with a hint of Nashville twang.

FRIDAY, AUGUST 8, 7:30 P.M.
    Music & Movies
    ASIAN DUB FOUNDATION: THX 1138 | TAYLOR MCFERRIN

FREE
    Asian Dub Foundation's trademark fusion of punk, electronic beats, reggae, bhangra, and hip-hop has attracted many famous fans, from Primal Scream to Radiohead, Sinead O'Connor to Chuck D, all former touring partners and studio collaborators. In a special BRIC commission, the iconic London band performs the world premiere of its new original live score to George Lucas' feature directorial debut THX 1138 (1971), a chilling dystopian fantasy set in an Orwellian future where mood-stabilizing drugs are mandatory, sex is prohibited, and a young Robert Duval quietly rages against the system. Before the film, Taylor McFerrin layers vocals, beat boxing, samples, and live instruments in a one-man performance that "builds from his roots deep in '60s soul to his vision of future hip-hop" (Resident Advisor).

SATURDAY, AUGUST 9, 7:30 P.M.
    ST. VINCENT | SAN FERMIN
    FREE
    Celebrate Brooklyn!'s 36th season concludes with a Festival debut by St. Vincent, whose "bold and almost jarringly confident fourth record, St. Vincent, does not sound like it was recorded here on Earth" (Pitchfork). The free concert begins with the orchestral folk-pop of Brooklyn composer and songwriter Ellis Ludwig-Leone's San Fermin.

Central Park Summerstage 2014 Schedule

Central Park Summerstage - 2014 Free Shows
    6/7 - 12th Brazilian Film Festival NYC: Tribute to Vinicius de Moraes w/ Toquinho and DJ Gaspar Muniz
    6/14 - Roberto Roena y su Apollo Sound, La Mecanica Popular and Little Louie Vega
    6/15 - Black Coffee Live and DJ Spoko (celebrating 15 years of Okayplayer)
    6/21 - 'Fete de la Musique' w/ -M- and Émilie Simon
    6/22 - Buika and Marquis Toliver (in assocation with Blue Note Jazz Festival)
    6/23 - The Metropolitan Opera Summer Recital Series w/ Amber Wagner, Jamie Barton, Russell Thomas and Dan Saunders
    6/28 - 'Club Classics Live!' featuring Sam Sparro; Ultra Naté; Kevin Aviance; Alfa Anderson, Luci Martin & Norma Jean Wright (ex-Chic); Company Freak w/ special guests. Plus DJ set by Andre Collins, curated by Jason King
    6/29 - Jon Batiste and Stay Human Hypnotic Brass Ensemble (in association with Blue Note Jazz Festival)
    7/2 - Urban Bush Women and Laurie Taylor/Soul Movement
    7/3 - The Freedom Dance Party
    7/5 - Teddy Afro, Noura Mint Seymali and HaHu Dance Crew
    7/6 - Global Family Day w/ Okee Dokee Brothers, Hybrid Movement Company, Shaun Parker & Company, Acrobuffos and National Dance Institute
    7/8 - Andrew Bird & the Hands of Glory and Luke Temple
    7/9 - Beatnuts, Ana Tijoux, Bodega Bamz and DJ Tony Touch (in assocation with LAMC: The Latin Alternative Music Conference)
    7/12 - Babasónicos, Juana Molina and La Santa Cecilia (in assocation with LAMC: The Latin Alternative Music Conference)
    7/13 - Bonobo and Cibo Matto (celebrating 15 years of Okayplayer)
    7/16 - Ballet Hispanico and A Palo Seco
    7/19 - Lenine & The Martin Fondse Orchestra: The Bridge, Maíra Freitas and Tutu Moraes (in association with Brasil Summerfest)
    7/20 - Catalan Sounds on Tour: Mishima and Txarango, plus DJ sets by Headbirds (in association with the Institut Ramon Llull)
    7/21 - Pete Seeger tribute w/ Anti-Flag (acoustic), Toni Blackman, The Chapin Sisters, Rebel Diaz, Steve Earle, Sarah Lee Guthrie & Johnny Irion, James Maddock, Elizabeth Mitchell & Dan Zanes, Mike + Ruthy, Nyraine, Amanda Palmer, Michael Glabicki (of Rusted Root), The Tony Lee Thomas Band and DJ sets by Kool Herc
    7/26 - Chronixx & The Zincfence Redemption, Junior Reid and The Rice and Peas Crew (in association with Large Up and Federation Sound, celebrating 15 Years of Okayplayer and Federation Sound)
    7/27 - The Rock Steady Crew 37th Anniversary Concert (guest artists TBA)
    7/28 - John Leguizamo's Ghetto Klown (dir. Fisher Stevens) (in association with Westbeth Entertainment)
    8/2 - Dr. John & the Night Trippers and Hurray for the Riff Raff
    8/3 - Gregory Porter and Revive Big Band as led by Igmar Thomas (in association with Revive Music, celebrating 15 Years of Okayplayer)
    8/6 - Spectrum Dance Theater and Sidra Bell Dance NY
    8/9 - Tasha Cobbs, Smokie Norful, Pastor Charles Jenkins, VaShawn Mitchell, Kierra Sheard, Micah Stampley and Brian Courtney Wilson
    8/10 - Passenger, Liam Bailey and DJ Natasha Diggs (in association with Giant Step)
    8/11 - Urban Theatre Movement's Handball (written by Seth Zvi Rosenfeld, dir. by Brenda Banda)
    8/16 - Blood Orange, Moses Sumney and Sean Nicholas Savage (in association with Okayplayer)
    8/17 - WBLS 6th Annual R&B Fest w/ Musiq Soulchild and more TBA

Central Park Summerstage - 2014 Paid Shows
    6/17 - John Butler Trio and Allen Stone
    6/30 - Counting Crows, Toad the Wet Sprocket and Daniel and the Lion
    7/1 - Beck
    7/7 - Neon Trees, Smallpools and Nightmare and the Cat
    7/29 - Conor Oberst and Dawes
    8/13 - Gavin DeGraw, Matt Nathanson and Andrew McMahon
    8/24 - Fania All Stars

8/25 Sleep @ Stage 48
    8/30 Heavy Blanket @ Union Pool
    8/30 Black Pus @ BNB
    8/30 Hernan Cattaneo b2b Guy J @ Verboten
    8/31 DJ Qu/Lauren Ritter @ Paper Box

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Jesus Christ dude...
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 9 - Black Vice
    September 11 - Earthless
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 15 - Primus
    November 18 - Slayer

Emo revival! Maybe? A third/final? show added for American Football and Mineral...

American Football - 2014 Tour Dates
    9/25-28 Pygmalion Festival Champaign, IL
    10/10 Webster Hall, NY
    10/11 Webster Hall, NY
    10/12 Webster Hall, NY

Mineral - 2014 Tour Dates
    09-05 New York, NY - Bowery Ballroom
    09-06 New York, NY - Bowery Ballroom
    09-07 New York, NY - Bowery Ballroom
    09-09 Washington, DC - Black Cat
    09-10 Boston, MA - Paradise Rock Club
    09-11 Philadelphia, PA - Union Transfer
    09-12 Cleveland, OH - Grog Shop (7 PM)
    09-12 Cleveland, OH - Grog Shop (10:30 PM)
    11-02 Gainesville, FL - The Fest 13

De La Soul - 2014 Tour Dates
    FRI 23 MAY - SUN 25 MAY Sasquatch! Music Festival 2014 Quincy, WA, US
    FRI 30 MAY - SUN 1 JUNE BottleRock Festival 2014 Napa, CA, US
    THU 12 JUNE - SUN 15 JUNE Eden Festival 2014 Dumfries, UK
    SAT 21 JUNE Walker Art Center Minneapolis, MN, US
    WED 16 JULY Irving Plaza New York, NY, US
    THU 17 JULY Paradise Rock Club Boston, MA, US
    SAT 19 JULY Howard Theatre Washington, DC, US
    THU 4 SEPTEMBER Raleigh City Plaza Raleigh, NC (Hopscotch Festival)

5/13 Lykke Li at MoMA
    http://www.moma.org/visit/calendar/events/20690

8/25 Sleep @ Stage 48
    8/30 Heavy Blanket @ Union Pool
    8/30 Black Pus @ BNB
    8/30 Hernan Cattaneo b2b Guy J @ Verboten
    8/31 DJ Qu/Lauren Ritter @ Paper Box

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Again spooks why dont you make a new york shows thread and shove all that shit in there
    you are soooooooo good lookin

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gillster17 View Post
    Again spooks why dont you make a new york shows thread and shove all that shit in there
    That's the thing, there already is one.

http://www.coachella.com/forum/showt...press-releases
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 9 - Black Vice
    September 11 - Earthless
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 15 - Primus
    November 18 - Slayer

ughhhhhhh the worst

I don't mind the NYC stuff because I'm always looking for a reason to go back and hope that one of these times there will be a good enough run for me to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Quote Originally Posted by gillster17 View Post
    Every few months we go over this... and every few months everyone comes to the conclusion that this is a general "Upcoming Shows" thread and not simply a "Los Angeles Upcoming Shows" thread (or "Californian", etc).

Honestly, as someone who travels a lot, particularly to New York as I have a few clients and family in the NYC area, I appreciate these posts. And am now considering trying to time an August client site visit that's currently being scheduled to coincide with the Blood Orange date in Central Park.

Maybe I am wrong but I always consider this a place where full tours get listed when the are posted. I know there is a lot of one off L.A. shows posted, but overally shouldn't it be a thread of full tours. Listing a bunch of brooklyn appreciaton shows is cool, however it should be in a east coast thread? The SF thread show people do not post every san francisco show in here when it is posted.

I don't think we need 12 paragraph descriptions of shows in NYC. If it's concise it's fine but does anyone really want to read all that shit?

6/7 - Container @ Mercer Lounge

8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/11: Tomas Barfod @ The Rickshaw Stop
    9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

reading a full page of bitching about one post >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> reading one post.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me