Page 2380 of 2441 FirstFirst ... 23752376237723782379238023812382238323842385 ... LastLast
Results 71,371 to 71,400 of 73218

Thread: Upcoming Shows

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Default Re: Upcoming Shows

Goldenvoice website says doors at 7pm and show at 8:30pm. I do not think there is an opener.
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

How early do you usually need to arrive to get a floor wristband?

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

Need you guys to review it tonight so I know if I should stay for a good place at Outkast or not please
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Wake me up when Steve Angello wants me to make some fucking noise

Quote Originally Posted by nationocean View Post
    there is an opener.. of sorts. His name is Tarek Halaby.

prepare to be uh, I don't even know how to describe what he does. But he's an interpretive dancer and former pilates instructor. I'm sure everyone will be weirded out and it will set the tone.

I am a total high art music nerd and I'm so excited for this completely whack ass show tonight!!!!!!
    haha sounds like an appropriate knife opening act sure enough. so educated guess is they on at 9:30pm eh. sounds good. cya guys there.
    Concert Schedule
    Dips All Day Everyday.
    http://instagram.com/moviebruin

or it could be a really short opening act without much of a break because there is no gear to tear down
    last.fm
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL

mushrooms and the knife, lets see how this goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Supre doesnt know since he's usually in the bathroom going away at the glory hole. Noms Nom nom noms oooooo i'm taking a picture of that beast....****snap*** back to yum yums nom nom noms

Quote Originally Posted by TheRotten42 View Post
    for what they are doing tonight. that sounds awful, but good luck
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Nightmares On Wax - Amoeba, Basement Jaxx - Rhonda, !!! - Pomona, Paul Mccartney - Dodger Stadium, Yes - Greek Theater, Herbie Hancock - Hollywood Bowl, NIN/Soundgarden - Hollywood Bowl, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl

Yeah, that show that you haven't seen or experienced sure sounds like it would be awful to trip to.
    last.fm

Ok re: the knife tonight a friend of Kim Anh Foxman says she set to dj after and at 10. So it seems either that opener is really short or none at all. Be prepared be there at 830 to make sure you dont miss anything.
    Concert Schedule
    Dips All Day Everyday.
    http://instagram.com/moviebruin

Show ended at 10:20 or so. And the dj was on after that. The "opener" went on just after 8:30 and "performed" for 20 mins. Then a 10 min break before the main show.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRotten42 View Post
    I want a full report on this.
    7/27 Babymetal @ Fonda, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ The Ace, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater

The Knife was a blast last night. The dude who opened was wacky as hell but he got the crowd moving and laughing, really good vibe for such a random spandex clad cardio work out. I was really entertained by the show, it wasnt a concert really but an actual stage show, and being entertained is what I go out for. I can see why people would be mad if they were expecting a 100% live concert but if you let go of that idea this will be really fun if you're going to see them. My only gripe was the sound dude was either being lazy or didnt care during the live songs because there was a bunch of cracking in the audio for the vocals.
    Last edited by TheRotten42; 04-10-2014 at 08:30 AM.
    Supre doesnt know since he's usually in the bathroom going away at the glory hole. Noms Nom nom noms oooooo i'm taking a picture of that beast....****snap*** back to yum yums nom nom noms

The Knife was awesome last night. Danced with #lingo, Andrew, Jesse, PaulB and Rage, great pre-Coachella warmup.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    8/2&3 HARD Summer - 8/7 Arctic Monkeys@Staples - 8/8 Cut Copy@Brooklyn Bowl - 8/22 NIN@Verizon - 8/23&24 FYF Fest - 9/2 Bear in Heaven@Echoplex - 9/4 Phantogram@Fox Pomona - 9/6 Atmosphere@Palladium - 9/10 Britney Spears - 10/8 Gus Gus@Roxy - 10/10 Twin Shadow@Glass House

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Yeah, that show that you haven't seen or experienced sure sounds like it would be awful to trip to.
    I have seen a ton of footage online..I can definitely make an educated guess as to whether that would be something i want to watch on Mushrooms.
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Nightmares On Wax - Amoeba, Basement Jaxx - Rhonda, !!! - Pomona, Paul Mccartney - Dodger Stadium, Yes - Greek Theater, Herbie Hancock - Hollywood Bowl, NIN/Soundgarden - Hollywood Bowl, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    I also own Shaking the Habitual...not something I would want to listen to on shrooms

well that definitely wasn't a concert, but that was some thoroughly enjoyable performance art. i had a fucking blast and couldnt be more excited for friday outside. mushrooms must have been fantastic

Quote Originally Posted by nationocean View Post
    It is not hip to be a fan of them.
    Ha! Keep telling yourself that.

Hahahaha, youre welcome. Except for the screaming girl next to me. She had consumed 8 mixed drinks leading up to the show. Needless to say, you can tell.

There were a lot of very drunk people at that show last night.
    last.fm

I really didnt notice too many obnoxiously drunk people. My girlfriend and I posted up to the left of the sound booth and everyone around us was really chill having a good time and dancing. We left right after Silent Shout before the DJ took over and snagged some Pizza at the NY Pizzeria around the corner before the crowd came pouring out, the ladies working the counter said they usually get a drunk rush of people seeking greasy cheesy semisobering pizza after all the shows at the Fox since they are open until 4am.
    Last edited by TheRotten42; 04-10-2014 at 10:22 AM.

I love how many old songs The Knife played last night. I won't mention any names of songs, as to now spoil anyone Coachella experience, but they played my two absolute favourite Knife songs and the re-worked versions sounded amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

The Afhan Whiggs and Brody Dalle were incredible at Pappy & Harriet's last night. It transported me back to high school & college listening to real Rock n' Roll and Punk Rock. Being 6 feet from the singers made it way more personal than Coachella. The Afhan Whiggs played 20 songs. Amazeballs.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Awesome to hear Bob! Greg Dulli is an incredible performer. Both sets I saw from them in 2012 were amazing.
    last.fm

FAILURE

May 10 Los Angeles, CA Cinquanta (The Greek Theatre)
    May 11 Los Angeles, CA Cinquanta (The Greek Theatre)
    May 14 San Francisco, CA Great American Music Hall
    May 15 San Francisco, CA Great American Music Hall
    May 17 Vancouver, BC Rickshaw Theatre
    May 18 Seattle, WA The Showbox
    May 21 Minneapolis, MN The Varsity
    May 22 Chicago, IL The Metro
    May 24 Milwaukee, WI The Rave II
    May 25 Detroit, MI St. Andrew’s Hall
    May 26 Toronto, ON Mod Club
    May 27 Toronto, ON Mod Club
    May 29 New York, NY Irving Plaza
    May 30 Philadelphia, PA Theatre of Living Arts
    May 31 Asbury Park, NJ The Stone Pony
    June 1 Boston, MA Paradise Rock Club
    June 3 Brooklyn, NY Music Hall of Williamsburg
    June 5 Silver Spring, MD The Fillmore
    June 7 Atlanta, GA Masquerade
    June 8 Nashville, TN Exit In
    June 14 Pomona, CA The Glasshouse
    June 15 San Diego, CA House of Blues
    June 17 Los Angeles, CA The Mayan
    June 18 Los Angeles, CA The Mayan
    Arcade Fire - Sir Richard Bishop, Bill Orcutt - Spoon - Paul McCartney - Steve Gunn - Beserktown Fest - FYF - Sleep - Swans - Owen Pallett - Neutral Milk Hotel - Chris Thile & Edgar Meyer - Bobby Bradford Quartet - Matana Roberts - Wadada Leo Smith, Anthony Braxton - Thurston Moore, Sebadoh - Songs for Unseen Warhol Films - Ben Frost, Tim Hecker, Pete Swanson - Ryoji Ikeda - A Winged Victory for the Sullen - John Zorn Marathon

FUCK FUCK FUCK YES
    last.fm

Also, according to Failure's Facebook page these shows are "An Evening With Failure," so no openers and probably long sets!
    last.fm

I have an extra ticket for Blood Orange at El Rey tonight. PM me if you want it. I'll be at the venue sometime around 9:30p and can meet you out front.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee Herman's Hermits View Post
    Melted my face off at Skrillex

Kevin Drew and Zack Galifianakis
    The Largo
    April 24

Guess it sold out though.

QOTSA tomorrow night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Funkaho View Post
    Man, the Beatles were overrated like gravity is overrated. ......... Say what you want, but statements like "the Beatles were overrated" make me much less likely to listen to anything you say afterward.

Kraftwerk
    The Chelsea at the Cosmopolitan (Las Vegas)
    June 28th