Page 2108 of 2444 FirstFirst ... 21032104210521062107210821092110211121122113 ... LastLast
Results 63,211 to 63,240 of 73293

Thread: Upcoming Shows

Default Re: Upcoming Shows

Scored 2 GA tickets to Modest Mouse. First time seeing them. Should be a great time
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    They check your age at a rave? That means its not a rave.

Y'all done fucked up big time by not seeing Caspian tonight. Show of the year so far.
    7/30 - Shabazz Palaces - Roxy (?)
    7/31 - Hamilton Leithauser - Echo (?)
    8/01 - Ceremony/Nothing - Roxy (?)
    8/06 - Herbie Hancock - Hollywood Bowl (?)
    8/07 - Haim - Wiltern (?)

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

more leik post-cock amirite
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

!!! killed it tonight! I haven't had so much fun at a show in too long...

so before Prince goes on in this video (from Fallon), Jimmy says that Prince "will kick off a West Coast tour starting in mid-April". Need.

http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon....wdriver/n33469
    Last edited by ods..; 03-02-2013 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post
    so before Prince goes on in this video (from Fallon), Jimmy says that Prince will kick off a West Coast tour starting in mid-April". Need.

http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon....wdriver/n33469
    YES! Surprised more people haven't been talking about this! I wouldn't be surprised if he played a couple SXSW shows either...

Quote Originally Posted by zfireswitch View Post
    how'd you get tickets to the yankee stadium show?? ticket info and an on-sale date hasn't even been announced yet. sounds like you've got some sort of hook up, but if not, please let me know! thanks.

I have friends in high places that can get me tickets to nearly anything.

Quote Originally Posted by gam3g3ni3 View Post
    I have friends in high places that can get me tickets to nearly anything.
    So being friends with Michael Rapino seems to be paying off.

More CA Prince shows? Awesome!

Gonna try like hell for one of those Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers gigs too. Always liked them but never got around to it.
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden|
    Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

Surfer Blood killed it last night. Their new songs sound fucking great. Looking forward to their new record in June.

I first started listening to them when I was 14. Why would that be a bit surprise? We weren't all in our Wham! phase at 12.
    Wait what? Two questions: How old are you and how have you only seen them three times since you started listening to them at 14 years of age? Do you not like them?

They played eight nights in a row in LA in 04 or 05. Most MM fans saw them at least three times that week alone.

*Three questions. Ouch.
    Last edited by chunk; 03-02-2013 at 05:20 PM.

I'm 27. I went to one of those shows in 04, but prior to that I didn't live in anything remotely resembling a big city. I was a freshman in college at that time and could only afford one show out of the set, and after that they've only played the LA area sporadically, except for the string of shows they did prior to the release of We Were Dead. I saw one of those and it was terrible, so I didn't make as much of an effort to see them again until they opened for REM, where they were spectacular.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

The time i saw MM at palladium in 09 and they were great the only problem was the girl i was dating at the time passed out from the loud noise after a few songs .It was such horrible feeling hearing Tiny Thin Walls and Wild Pack of Dog in the "nurse room" til she felt better.
    Last edited by getbetter; 03-02-2013 at 10:24 PM.
    Translation

Rufus Wainwright @ Stern Grove 07/27/14
    Xiu Xiu @ BoTH 08/01/14
    FYF @ LA Sport Area 08/23 - 08/24/14
    Swans @ The Independent 08/08/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14

Last.fm

Tiny Thin Walls
    I'm assuming this is some kind of hybrid of Paper Thin Walls and Tiny Cities Made of Ashes.
    7/30 - Shabazz Palaces - Roxy (?)
    7/31 - Hamilton Leithauser - Echo (?)
    8/01 - Ceremony/Nothing - Roxy (?)
    8/06 - Herbie Hancock - Hollywood Bowl (?)
    8/07 - Haim - Wiltern (?)

I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

I thought you were much older for some reason. Im glad youve seen one good relatively recent show at least. For my part, almost every single show Ive been to after the 04 ones have been awful. Its a sickness. You keep going and paying and hoping and praying for something to remind you of why you ever loved them so much in the first place. Only one show at the Grove from a couple of years ago was decent. The worst was when they headlined the first Treasure Island Festival in 07. They played a weird extended version of Trailer Trash with extra lyrics as their only old song. A huge group of people left after every song they started. I told myself never again. That lasted till the next set of tickets went on sale.

I need one for Pomona. First one to PM me wins.
    Last edited by chunk; 03-03-2013 at 07:32 AM.

Yeah, the show in 04 I saw was outstanding. And check out the set they played opening for REM. They seemed super into it, which really helped:

Was that the show we saw at the Greek?

Wow. Ive never once heard Truckers Atlas.

Quote Originally Posted by bballarl View Post
    Was that the show we saw at the Greek?
    Yup.

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Echo & the Bunnymen 8/2, #BEENTRILL#/Jesse Andrews OSL Afterparty 8/8, Sir Paul McCartney 8/14, Offspring/Pennywise/Bad Religion 8/31, Swans 9/8, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Charli XCX 10/25
    Events
    SDCC 7/24-27, Outside Kanye West Lands 8/8, FYF Fest 8/23-24, Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

Quote Originally Posted by woogie846 View Post
    !!! killed it tonight! I haven't had so much fun at a show in too long...
    Where did they play?
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Marques Wyatt - UCLA, Paul Mccartney - Dodger Stadium, Yes - Greek Theater, Herbie Hancock - Hollywood Bowl, NIN/Soundgarden - Hollywood Bowl, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl

So, I saw STS9 last night at the palladium last night. what a show! Wow. First time seeing them. They brought such an awesome crowd for it being in Hollywood. Really was a perfect night. Tycho opened for them. I enjoyed their FYF set much more but they were still good

STS9 killed it. They payed two 90 minute sets with an intermission. Played a few cover songs ranging from DPs Robot Rock, to Grizzly Bears Two weeks, along with some neck brace from ratatat and a few others. Such a fun show. Glad I finally got a chance to see them.
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Marques Wyatt - UCLA, Paul Mccartney - Dodger Stadium, Yes - Greek Theater, Herbie Hancock - Hollywood Bowl, NIN/Soundgarden - Hollywood Bowl, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl

I was at that show too. Tycho was so perfect. Better than the Troubadour anyway. Or maybe it was because I had a girl on my arm. But who's counting?
    Arcade Fire - Sir Richard Bishop, Bill Orcutt - Spoon - Paul McCartney - Steve Gunn - Beserktown Fest - Slint - Sleep - Swans - Owen Pallett - Neutral Milk Hotel - Chris Thile & Edgar Meyer - Bobby Bradford Quartet - Matana Roberts - Wadada Leo Smith, Anthony Braxton - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Songs for Unseen Warhol Films - Ben Frost, Tim Hecker, Pete Swanson - Ryoji Ikeda - Slowdive - A Winged Victory for the Sullen - John Zorn Marathon

a little side note on the Palladium as well. First time there. Really liked the venue, but oh my lord. I have never seen water priced at $6. like, WHAT?! How is that legal

They are required to have a free water source as well. If they tell you they don't, they're lying.

Went to face2face last night with Delroy Edwards in a warehouse near DTLA. Such a great time. People definitely need to check out their future events.

They are required to have a free water source as well. If they tell you they don't, they're lying.
    What about the Fonda? They always tell me they don't have tap water. Avalon, too.
    Last edited by Boourns; 03-03-2013 at 06:57 PM.
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Its up stairs....sometimes it doesnt work.I have gone to extreme by just drinking out of the sink in the bathroom.
    Translation

Rufus Wainwright @ Stern Grove 07/27/14
    Xiu Xiu @ BoTH 08/01/14
    FYF @ LA Sport Area 08/23 - 08/24/14
    Swans @ The Independent 08/08/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14

Last.fm

Its up stairs....sometimes it doesnt work.I have gone to extreme by just drinking out of the sink in the bathroom.
    I had to do that at primavera after sufjan Stevens because drinks couldn't be purchased for several hours. Yummy.
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Quote Originally Posted by brando4n82 View Post
    Where did they play?
    Noise Pop in San Francisco.