Page 2091 of 2381 FirstFirst ... 20862087208820892090209120922093209420952096 ... LastLast
Results 62,701 to 62,730 of 71425

Thread: Upcoming Shows

  1. #62701
    Coachella Junkie luckyface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    7,931

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    That's an awful lineup.
    At least it is in a beautiful location... Alabama.
    For your health

  2. #62702
    old school tmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,698

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    got an extra for cold war kids tonight if anyone wants it

  3. #62703
    Coachella Junkie HunterGather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,134

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    "Live Nation Global Touring has confirmed that the remainder of the Lady Gaga Born This Way Ball performances have been cancelled. After additional tests this morning to review the severity of the issue, it has been determined that Lady Gaga has a labral tear of the right hip caused by strenuous repetitive movements in her performances. She will need surgery to repair the problem, followed by strict down time to recover. This unfortunately, will force her to cancel the tour, so she can heal. Refunds for the cancelled performances will be available at point of purchase starting Feb 14, 2013."




  4. #62704
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,940

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Darn, youre going to have to wait a whole year to maybe see her again. By then, nobody will know who she is.

  5. #62705
    Coachella Junkie HunterGather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,134

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    You're very sassy

  6. #62706
    Coachella Junkie Sushov23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,943

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    So who was the special guest at the bootleg theater?

  7. #62707
    Loveable Curmudgeon TallGuyCM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Hermosa Beach
    Posts
    19,670

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Sushov23 View Post
    So who was the special guest at the bootleg theater?
    The special guest was the bar. As in, the place where everyone went to get themselves into a state of mind where the Cold War Kids seem tolerable.
    4/17 - Mogwai - El Rey (?)
    4/27 - Ghost BC - Fonda (?)
    4/29 - Franz Ferdinand - Wiltern (?)
    4/30 - Mono - Troubadour (?)
    5/03 - Philip Glass - Royce Hall


    Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    I want to get the members of Brand New and Chvrches in a line and have all of them executed in front of their fans.
    last.fm, if you care

    Twitter, if you dare

  8. #62708

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Green Day April 18, Los Angeles Sports Arena.

  9. #62709
    Coachella Junkie Sushov23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,943

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    The special guest was the bar. As in, the place where everyone went to get themselves into a state of mind where the Cold War Kids seem tolerable.
    No love in your heart for Cold War Kids? haha, wasn't their show in the bootleg bar not theater?

  10. #62710
    old school Spooks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,643

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    3 more weeks till we find out who's playing this year! I'm expecting Modest Mouse, Grinderman, Hot Chip and James Blake to be on the poster...


    4/14 Scuba/Francois K @ Cielo
    4/15 Daniel Rossen @ MHOW
    4/16 Carl Cox @ Output
    4/17 Loop @ LPR
    4/18 Lauren Garnier @ Output


    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

  11. #62711
    Coachella Junkie getbetter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    East Palo Alto
    Posts
    8,146

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Errr....three weeks???

    Trentemoller @ Mezzanine 04/06/14
    The Knife @ The Fox 04/15/14
    Factory Floor @ The Independent 04/16/14
    The Afghan Whigs @ Slim's 04/17/14
    Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's 04/26/15
    Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch 05/02-04/14
    The Decemberist @ Crystal Ballroom 05/30/14
    Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds @ The Warfield 07/07/14


    Last.fm
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    thanks for whatever you did in mexico.



  12. #62712
    Coachella Junkie Sushov23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,943

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    3 more weeks till we find out who's playing this year! I'm expecting Modest Mouse, Grinderman, Hot Chip and James Blake to be on the poster...

    I can't see the poster. What is this for?

  13. #62713
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,940

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by MuseRadio View Post
    Green Day April 18, Los Angeles Sports Arena.
    Late on that one amigo....

  14. #62714
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    WHY DOES ANYONE PRETEND TO LIKE YOU?
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

  15. #62715
    old school brando4n82's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Moorpark, CA
    Posts
    5,906

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by meyouseek View Post
    Woooo!! Just won tickets to Tomahawk at the Mayan. Other than Lovage and a few one-off things Patton has done, Tomahawk has been my white whale.
    Whaaaat?? How?

    Really wanted to go to this but way to expensive for what it is
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

  16. #62716
    Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DTLA, CA
    Posts
    20,570

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Sushov23 View Post
    I can't see the poster. What is this for?
    It was last year's calendar for Goldenvoice's local shows featuring Coachella bands before and between the 2 weekends. Spooks is anticipating the announcements for this year.
    last.fm
    4/5/14 - Trentemoller - Fonda // 4/9/14 - The Knife - Fox Theater Pomona // 4/22/14 - Dillinger Escape Plane - Glasshouse// 5/23/14 - 5/26/14 Punk Rock Bowling - Las Vegas
    5/28/14 - Elbow - Wiltern // 7/9/14 - Cloud Nothings - Roxy // 8/25/14 - Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl


    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Comments about she left the movie feeling bad and she one of those girls that fuck in the ass to saving her Vagina intercourse for marriage.

  17. #62717
    Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DTLA, CA
    Posts
    20,570

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by brando4n82 View Post
    Whaaaat?? How?

    Really wanted to go to this but way to expensive for what it is
    Don't know about this show is particular, but you should always check out Scenestar and Grimy Goods as much as you can for contests.
    last.fm
    4/5/14 - Trentemoller - Fonda // 4/9/14 - The Knife - Fox Theater Pomona // 4/22/14 - Dillinger Escape Plane - Glasshouse// 5/23/14 - 5/26/14 Punk Rock Bowling - Las Vegas
    5/28/14 - Elbow - Wiltern // 7/9/14 - Cloud Nothings - Roxy // 8/25/14 - Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl


    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Comments about she left the movie feeling bad and she one of those girls that fuck in the ass to saving her Vagina intercourse for marriage.

  18. #62718
    old school JorgeC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    3,140

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    The special guest was the bar. As in, the place where everyone went to get themselves into a state of mind where the Cold War Kids seem tolerable.
    tbh, i left after Superhumanoids. Not because I don't like CWK, but because the door and security people turned into complete assholes last night. Must have been due to the "hype" of the show because i've always had a great time there, but last night, the door girls were being extremely harsh (and rude) to people on the "no transfer" thing. One girl in line next to me had bought 2 tickets at the venue, then she also won the ticket lottery later that night and bought a 3rd ticket. She and her 2 friends walked up and they wouldn't honor the 3rd ticket becaue it was under the same name. Rookie mistake, always buy under different names, but it was so obvious she wasn't a scalper, and they weren't even going to refund her.

    THEN, inside Security told my friend she would be thrown out if her hand kept touching the speaker and another girl got yelled at for the flash on her camera. Jackets or drinks weren't allowed on the stage and you couldn't lean on it either. When i poked my head out thru the front door to see if someone was outside, security pushes me (not an actual shove, more of a hard tap) back inside and says "we're not doing in and outs tonight".

    One bad experience won't stop me from going there, but i hope this doesn't turn into a regular thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    Coachella W2 - 4/25 Dillinger Escape Plan@Glass House - 5/1 The Horrors@First Unitarian Church - 5/9 Big Freedia@Echoplex - 6/28 Robyn/Royksopp@Bill Graham

  19. #62719
    Member moviebruin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Hollywood
    Posts
    1,527

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by JorgeC View Post
    tbh, i left after Superhumanoids. Not because I don't like CWK, but because the door and security people turned into complete assholes last night. Must have been due to the "hype" of the show because i've always had a great time there, but last night, the door girls were being extremely harsh (and rude) to people on the "no transfer" thing. One girl in line next to me had bought 2 tickets at the venue, then she also won the ticket lottery later that night and bought a 3rd ticket. She and her 2 friends walked up and they wouldn't honor the 3rd ticket becaue it was under the same name. Rookie mistake, always buy under different names, but it was so obvious she wasn't a scalper, and they weren't even going to refund her.

    THEN, inside Security told my friend she would be thrown out if her hand kept touching the speaker and another girl got yelled at for the flash on her camera. Jackets or drinks weren't allowed on the stage and you couldn't lean on it either. When i poked my head out thru the front door to see if someone was outside, security pushes me (not an actual shove, more of a hard tap) back inside and says "we're not doing in and outs tonight".

    One bad experience won't stop me from going there, but i hope this doesn't turn into a regular thing.
    All this craziness over the freakin Cold War Kids?!?! Pretty sure the biggest show they ever had there was the return of Garbage and that wasn't nearly as bad as what this sounded like. Everyone shoulda just left and gone out back where Kevin Love was giving rebounding lessons.
    Concert Schedule
    Dips All Day Everyday.
    http://instagram.com/moviebruin

  20. #62720
    butt hurt TheRotten42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,172

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    so the show last night was for CWK only? Ouch. I wonder how many people actually bought the $100 tickets.
    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Supre doesnt know since he's usually in the bathroom going away at the glory hole. Noms Nom nom noms oooooo i'm taking a picture of that beast....****snap*** back to yum yums nom nom noms

  21. #62721
    old school brando4n82's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Moorpark, CA
    Posts
    5,906

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Don't know about this show is particular, but you should always check out Scenestar and Grimy Goods as much as you can for contests.
    Awesome. didnt know about either or. thanks bud.
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

  22. #62722
    old school tmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,698

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows


  23. #62723
    Member moviebruin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Hollywood
    Posts
    1,527

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by tmac View Post
    Veddy Nice. Someone let me know when those go on sale.
    Concert Schedule
    Dips All Day Everyday.
    http://instagram.com/moviebruin

  24. #62724

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRotten42 View Post
    so the show last night was for CWK only? Ouch. I wonder how many people actually bought the $100 tickets.
    Biggest scam of the century

    Check out my concert photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/ameeps/
    April/May Concerts
    4/24 - Local Natives - Pageant
    4/26 - Arcade Fire - Starlight Theatre
    4/27 - Arcade Fire - Chaifetz Arena
    5/8 - Morrissey - Observatory
    5/10 - Chic - Hollywood Bowl
    5/11 - Puscifer - Greek Theatre
    5/22 - Billy Joel - Hollywood Bowl
    5/27 - Panda Bear - El Rey
    5/28 - First Aid Kit - El Rey

  25. #62725
    old school brando4n82's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Moorpark, CA
    Posts
    5,906

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by ameeps View Post
    Biggest scam of the century
    yeahhh, thats pretty fucked
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

  26. #62726
    Member meyouseek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    LAX
    Posts
    1,195

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by brando4n82 View Post
    Whaaaat?? How?

    Really wanted to go to this but way to expensive for what it is
    It was through the Filter Magazine LA Newsletter. They give tickets away to a good range of shows, you just send 'em an email. I told them (truthfully) that my b-day was last week and maybe that helped. As a Patton fanatic who hasn't seen Tomahawk live I was probably going to buy a ticket last minute and go solo. But now the GF gets to come along. ;-)

  27. #62727
    Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    nomad's land
    Posts
    9,436

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    is there any info i should have for TM's Nick Cave presale in SD?
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

  28. #62728

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    is there any info i should have for TM's Nick Cave presale in SD?
    Password: SKYAWAY

  29. #62729
    Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    nomad's land
    Posts
    9,436

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

  30. #62730
    Loveable Curmudgeon TallGuyCM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Hermosa Beach
    Posts
    19,670

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Sushov23 View Post
    No love in your heart for Cold War Kids?
    I liked their first album, but they'e gotten progressively worse since. And that new single is fucking awful, it sounds like they're covering Dog Days are Over.
    4/17 - Mogwai - El Rey (?)
    4/27 - Ghost BC - Fonda (?)
    4/29 - Franz Ferdinand - Wiltern (?)
    4/30 - Mono - Troubadour (?)
    5/03 - Philip Glass - Royce Hall


    Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    I want to get the members of Brand New and Chvrches in a line and have all of them executed in front of their fans.
    last.fm, if you care

    Twitter, if you dare

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •