Page 2047 of 2468 FirstFirst ... 20422043204420452046204720482049205020512052 ... LastLast
Results 61,381 to 61,410 of 74040

Thread: Upcoming Shows

Default Re: Upcoming Shows

Quote Originally Posted by ElBlueblazer View Post
    I think they are referring to The Indio Date Festival which is in Feb. They're messing around with us. They'll be there.
    Yeah, I was including that to say that they're self-confirming (more or less).
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

I'm at the Masonic Lodge at Hollywood Forever for the first time right now, and so far I'm floored by how beautiful and intimate this venue is.

Icey: loves buildings more than people
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ElBlueblazer View Post
    I think [RFTC] are referring to The Indio Date Festival which is in Feb. They're messing around with us. They'll be there.
    Quote Originally Posted by dorkfish View Post
    Yeah, I was including that to say that they're self-confirming (more or less).
    This set is going to be so much fun; great news!
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto73 View Post
    I'd contribute to this discussion but I'm still busy reminiscing about the halcyon days of punk. You know, the mid-90s.

It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone here, but I loved The Mountain Goats show tonight. They were on point, played my favorite song of theirs as well as a great selection of tunes from the new record. I got to talk to John afterward again and got a picture with him as well. Really can't wait until tomorrow night for round two.

Setlist:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-mo...-53da7fd5.html

Quicksand
    w/ Title Fight
    Wed 1/23
    The Glass House, Pomona CA

Quote Originally Posted by IceyHotshot View Post
    I'm at the Masonic Lodge at Hollywood Forever for the first time right now, and so far I'm floored by how beautiful and intimate this venue is.
    Im sure you wanted to get intimate at one point or another for a change when you walked in.

Quote Originally Posted by cutterbutter View Post
    Quicksand
    w/ Title Fight
    Wed 1/23
    FUCK YES!!!
    Translation

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Still pretty serious about this.

Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival Friday And Saturday only
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Treasure Island @ Treasure Island 10/18 & 10/19/14
    Moodymann @ PW 10/25/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14

Last.fm

I'm pretty sure Broken Social Scene played there in 2011! You would have loved the church where Andrew Bird played on Monday. Forgot how beautiful it was. First time back since Bjork gig in 2001: http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archive..._bird_joi.html

ps James Blaked played a couple of new songs last night and holy shit. You guys are in for a treat once you hear it. He had to stop singing at one point because he was off pitch and embarrassed haha. I'll be posting that video soon

9/18 Kode 9/Mala/DJ Spinn @ Verboten
    9/19 The Replacements @ Forest Hills Stadium
    9/19 Andy Stott/Function/Vatican Shadow/Demdike Stare @ Output
    9/20 There Will Be Blood Live @ United Palace

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Tickets available for Jessie Ware tonight on Ticketfly for those that are interested. http://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/eventV2/174273

I imagine these will be gone quick!

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    I'm pretty sure Broken Social Scene played there in 2011! You would have loved the church where Andrew Bird played on Monday. Forgot how beautiful it was. First time back since Bjork gig in 2001: http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archive..._bird_joi.html

ps James Blaked played a couple of new songs last night and holy shit. You guys are in for a treat once you hear it. He had to stop singing at one point because he was off pitch and embarrassed haha. I'll be posting that video soon
    Yeah, the Gezeligheid shows Bird does must be amazing to attend. Did you enjoy the show?

I heard. about BSS playing the Masonic Lodge in 2011 from Cutter last night - that's unbelievable. Also, I miss them.

Quote Originally Posted by cutterbutter View Post
    Quicksand
    w/ Title Fight
    Wed 1/23
    Thats gonna be a wild show... fuck I want to see their gig in Minneapolis...
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

so floored and beautiful that you're on your phone posting? couldn't you wait until you got home? fuckin nerd
    Quote Originally Posted by mncarpooler View Post
    Anything that's not Sahara tent trash is going to have a small crowd it seems like. I wandered over near the Sahara once all weekend and it was a clusterfuck of the douchiest looking people you could ever imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by paulb View Post
    Thats gonna be a wild show... fuck I want to see their gig in Minneapolis...
    We have to meet up for beers!
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    We have to meet up for beers!
    Well, if Santa buys tickets or something Ill see you there.
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

Default (1) Ticket to The weeknd at the Orpheum Dec 15

I bought a ticket to the Dec 15 show for the Weeknd at the Orpheum Theatre as a gift for a family member who can't go any longer.
    Anyone interested in making an offer for it? I really just want someone to use it.
    I will be going with my bf so there are three seats:
    Section: Balcony
    Row: J
    Seats: 211-213

If you want all 3 tickets I am willing to do that too.
    Ideally I would like $60 for each. Please email at sguerra0216@gmail.com

Thank you,

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arsgunner View Post
    so floored and beautiful that you're on your phone posting? couldn't you wait until you got home? fuckin nerd
    One could assume that the band wasn't actually playing and that it only took him 20 seconds to post that.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Indeed I showed up an hour before the opener.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

I really liked the venue when i went i October too, it's pretty awesome. I wish the "stage" was a couple feet taller though. Also, the room wasn't totally conducive to heavy music like the Melvins, but i bet more acoustic stuff sounds really nice in there.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    You're seriously gonna fly up here for these two shows??? They're playing Coachella next year!
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Quoting for future lols.
    Supre, you were right!

Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Yeah, the Gezeligheid shows Bird does must be amazing to attend. Did you enjoy the show?

I heard. about BSS playing the Masonic Lodge in 2011 from Cutter last night - that's unbelievable. Also, I miss them.
    Andrew Bird was great. His sound really did fill the venue, and the songs had a lot of variety! I definitely enjoyed it because last time I saw him was at a free concert in Prospect Park where couple thousand people showed up and yuppie Park Slope parents wouldn't shut up when he was on the stage. He played I think new songs?, old songs, cover songs, solo songs, duo songs, trio songs (Tift Merritt and Alan Hampton joined him on couple songs), straight ahead classical and a complete set of "old timey" songs (Andrew said that on stage). The man is a genius. So versatile and ever-evolving. We got to see a totally different side of him in this enormous "venue"! Enjoy him next year in LA!

DeVotchKa at the Masonic Lodge tonight- stoked! This whole damned thing with the shooting in Conn is kinda fouling up the day. But looking forward to seeing one of my fave bands to help brighten my mood. I picked up a copy of their recent live recording with the Colorado Symphony. If tonight is anything like that, it's gonna be fantastic.
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden| Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| DFA 1979| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

Hate posting back to back... but, ok.

DeVotchKa were incredible! My first time at the Masonic Lodge at HF. It is indeed sweet inside, just like like Icey said. Outside of the amazing architecture, there wasn't much going on visually during the performance beyond the occasional flash of light or change in background colors. Still very beautiful and moving in its sparseness.

Musically I think only a few shows I've seen this year can touch this one. The strings and horns were on a par with any performance I've seen utilizing instruments like trumpet and clarinet in similar arrangements. So much talent on display. But... and let's just get it out of the way.... I got a big old MAN crush on Nick Urata! His sweeping baritone makes my soul ache. And he often pushes it right to the top of his range, creating a wobbling vibrato that I don't think is matched by anyone else. He doesn't interact with the crowd much but it didn't seem to matter. Even with all the Hollywood crowd boozers at this second, late night show, he held everyone's attention. And there was a lot of love after each song.

Today may have sucked balls on a few levels. But my heart got a bit of a lift seeing these guys. And if this all reads pretentious, I don't care. Awesome band.
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden| Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| DFA 1979| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

It doesn't sound pretentious - that was all genuine. Great review and glad you had a good time.

Darn... I was aiming for pretentious! But thanks. That looks like it was my final show for the year unless something pops up last minute. Good way to end.

Speaking of the last show of the year, I have Sunn O))) coming up and just saw the set times. I might die from awesome:

12/20 @ the Fonda
    Sunn O))) 12:00 am
    High on Fire 10:30 pm
    Corrosion of Conformity 9:25 pm
    Black Breath 8:30 pm
    Dead in the Dirt 7:55 pm
    Loincloth 7:15 pm
    Void Ov Voices 6:30 pm

Very much hungover from last night's great Yo La Tengo show but before I go drink more with Santas today(see some pics of this great event: http://gothamist.com/2010/12/12/sant...ll.php#photo-1, I wanted to let you all know that YLT won't be playing Coachella next year They'll be heading to the west coast in May so that probably means they'll be at Sasquatch! Special moments from Night #7: Andrew Bird sat in with YLT and played the whole main set, Devendra Banhart showed up for the encore, comedians were Jon Glaser and Jon Benjamin, and Titus closing out their set with the Modern Lovers "Roadrunner"!

Wow.

Colin Stetson

5/14/13 - Cincinnati, OH - Center for Contemporary Arts
    6/29/13 - Honolulu, HI - Honolulu Museum of Art

Hopefully some West Coast dates will find there way in between

This is gonna be fun. So people wont be able to take in phones it sounds..

Attention ticket holder,

Please be aware that per request of venue there is no photography allowed for this event:

The Weeknd
    Orpheum Theatre
    Saturday, December 15, 2012 at 9:00PM with doors opening at 8:00PM

Please be aware that if you attempt to bring any type of recording device (cameras, cell phones, video recorders, etc.) into the event, you will be asked to return the device to your vehicle or it may be confiscated by Venue Security.