Page 2000 of 2496 FirstFirst ... 19951996199719981999200020012002200320042005 ... LastLast
Results 59,971 to 60,000 of 74875

Thread: Upcoming Shows

Default Re: Upcoming Shows

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    I will never understand why people continue to give zero shits about Mono. They were fucking phenomenal tonight. Again.
    Because they were playing the same night as Peter Gabriel, and he was just too massive.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

The Maccabees were so damn good last night at the Indy! Played a solid 75 minute set that was very professional and dynamic. The new stuff sounded even better than I had hoped. So glad they broke away from the Flo tour to do a headline set in my neighborhood venue last night!

As already mentioned Peter Gabriel was astounding last night! I have not been that blown away by an artist that I wasn't already super familiar with since Massive Attack in '10 at the Wiltern. Last night it exactly why I love live music. There are few moments I can remember the exact day and moment where I became a huge fan. On 5/23/00 I saw an epic Smashing Pumpkins show the day they announced their break-up and I became a die-hard fan that day. For Tool it was my first time seeing them at Verizon Irvine 11/1/01. And for Peter Gabriel it was last night. I was somewhat familiar with his catalog before last night but after that show I am about to become much more adventurous with his discography! The sound at the Bowl was just impeccable. I was in section in P1 and usually when I'm that far back the sound dwindles a bit...but not last night. The sound was flawless and perfectly loud where I was sitting. Highlights for me were "No Self Control", "In Your Eyes" and my favorite moment of the night "Biko" which was a total spiritual ending to a phenomenal show. So glad I made the decision to go last night....a concert experience that will not be forgotten anytime soon!

The sound was impeccable.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

The only time I've seen Peter Gabriel was with Genesis. He looked like this...

With his hair cut in the middle part..

He dressed up in costumes. I remember a fly costume, but perhaps it was a bat. I found a bat photo...

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    I will never understand why people continue to give zero shits about Mono. They were fucking phenomenal tonight. Again.
    Tonight!

Excited to see Mono tomorrow, never seen them before.

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    The only time I've seen Peter Gabriel was with Genesis. He looked like this...

With his hair cut in the middle part..

He dressed up in costumes. I remember a fly costume, but perhaps it was a bat. I found a bat photo...

The wings are from Watcher of the Skies probably, the first song off Foxtrot.

Peter Gabriel nerd.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post
    i really wish i could see them next weekend. bad timing i suppose.

November 18 - Slayer
    November 19 - eyehategod
    December 4 - Behemoth
    January 30 - Behemoth
    February 3 - Zola Jesus
    February 6 - Sleep

Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post
    Been a few years since I've seen them... but Mono's easily one of the best live post rock bands out there. Hopefully they haven't lost a step.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Quote Originally Posted by GeezrRckr View Post
    The Maccabees were so damn good last night at the Indy! Played a solid 75 minute set that was very professional and dynamic. The new stuff sounded even better than I had hoped. So glad they broke away from the Flo tour to do a headline set in my neighborhood venue last night!
    sweet, gonna see them tonight at the bowl.

peter gabriel was thoroughly impressive last night. loved the show. there were so many mothers creaming their panties.

shpongle was pretty awesome too, but it sure didn't sell well.

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    The only time I've seen Peter Gabriel was with Genesis.
    GPS wins!!!!
    Translation

Caribou @The Fillmore 03/01/15
    The Pop Group @ GAMH 03/11/15

Last.fm

really thinking about going to Flo + The Machine & The Weeknd tomorrow night since I missed em here for the Black Keys...

11/21 - Pearl Jam - Viejas Arena

Ah man, so stoked for New Order tonight!

For Florence tonight at the bowl it is OK to bring in alcohol or NOT ok?

THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE NOT ALLOWED INTO THE BOWL FOR THESE EVENTS
    Alcohol and/or controlled substances.

Glass (including drinking glasses), metal, or aluminum cans, regardless of contents.

Cameras, audio and video recording equipment, laser pointers, umbrellas and chairs.

YOU MAY BRING INTO THE BOWL
    Blankets and seat cushions.

Factory sealed non-alcoholic plastic bottles, one liter or less in size.

Picnic baskets and coolers no larger than 15" wide by 22" long by 15" high, and re-usable plastic containers (such as Tupperware™ or sipper bottles) holding food or nonalcoholic beverages.

Bottom line- you're not allowed to bring in alcohol from the outside at leased events (that I have ever attended, anyway).

Tip- because lease events don't allow booze in from the outside, the crowd at the gate gets pretty backed up as people's bags are searched and beverages removed. To get around the crowd, just to the left of the Will Call windows, there is an elevator for handicap access. This is open to everyone. The line is typically very short. They'll scan your ticket at the elevator entrance and you'll take two short rides up to the Garden level of the Bowl without any wait or hassle (or one initial elevator and then stairs for the second part).
    Last edited by sonnyboy11; 10-07-2012 at 03:39 PM.
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden| Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| DFA 1979| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

thanks for the info guys, but it is seeming now like i may not be able to go last minute. So would anyone be interested in my tickets ? They are side by side in section J2, row 4. I paid $65 each pm me if interested.

Regarding Peter Gabriel last night: He sounded great. The band sounded great... there was one part during Red Rain where the bass guitar felt a little too low in the mix, but that seemed to get resolved later on... or it could have just been my seats (I was in a terrace box)...

That said... I hated the stage setup... I think it came together and looked really good every once in a while... but about 85% of the time just made the stage look too cluttered with technical crew...

No problem with that issue in the cheap seats.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

I loved the human element (technical crew) moving around the lights and being involved. It gave the whole thing a very natural feel, as opposed to slick and over produced. He did that on his last tour, as well. The crew is not only acknowledged for their contributions, they are literally part of the show.
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden| Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| DFA 1979| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

Really excited for the upcoming shows this week!!
    Monday: Florence and The Machine w/ The Weeknd and The Macabees
    Tuesday: Metric
    Wednesday: Grizzly Bear

Quote Originally Posted by davidsaid View Post
    Not sure if anyone here would be interested in the gamble but there is an Obama fundraiser @ Nokia Theater on Oct 7. Limited amount of $44 tickets still available. TBA Musical Performance could end up being good or reeaallllly bad.

https://donate.barackobama.com/page/...012-October7LA
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Katy Perry.
    Partial winner.

From a friend's FB:

Just saw Earth Wind & Fire, Antonio Villaraigosa, Jennifer Hudson, Julian Castro, Jon Bon Jovi, Katy Perry, George Clooney, Stevie Wonder, and then Barack Obama all on stage at the Nokia Theatre!
    12/04 - Angel Olson - El Rey (?)
    12/06 - Dr. John - Royce Hall (?)
    12/14 - Cat Stevens - Nokia
    12/20 - Stevie Wonder - Forum (?)
    1/10 - Flesh Eaters - Echoplex (?)

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Quote Originally Posted by beetleguise View Post
    do you guys think mumford will add another show @ the bowl?
    soon.............................................. .

Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    No problem with that issue in the cheap seats.
    It almost seems like it was made more for the people watching from further away.

I thought New Order were great tonight! Really fun show, and I was surprised that they're doing Joy Division songs - I thought they had made a point in the past of staying away from them. Was nice that the whole crowd stood the whole time (and the place was sold out), although of course everyone was lifeless. And I just don't understand why people will film a song from the back of section B when they can clearly see 400 other cell phone cameras filming it at the same time.

Oh and thanks for the parking tips - helped a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    It almost seems like it was made more for the people watching from further away.
    I am finding many of the big acts I like these days are good at that. Tool and Roger Waters are also excellent from further back. I still get a charge from being up close, but don't find it all that necessary.

Man, the PG buzz is still happening for me. What a show! I've got Neil Young next. Gonna be interesting to see what he brings to the Bowl- my first time seeing him!

Quote Originally Posted by IceyHotshot View Post
    I thought New Order were great tonight! Really fun show, and I was surprised that they're doing Joy Division songs - I thought they had made a point in the past of staying away from them. Was nice that the whole crowd stood the whole time (and the place was sold out), although of course everyone was lifeless. And I just don't understand why people will film a song from the back of section B when they can clearly see 400 other cell phone cameras filming it at the same time.
    I'm sure I'll live to regret not seeing this show. Which Joy Division songs did they do? I am guessing Transmission, Love Will Tear Us Apart and Ceremony?

Quote Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
    I'm sure I'll live to regret not seeing this show. Which Joy Division songs did they do? I am guessing Transmission, Love Will Tear Us Apart and Ceremony?
    Well - Ceremony, yes, though that's a grey area. They played "a reworking of" Isolation mid set, then encored with Transmission (I think) and Love Will Tears Us Apart (for sure). I did think it was cool they were playing them. I also thought it was fairly inappropriate to have strobe lights during Isolation.