Page 1999 of 2470 FirstFirst ... 19941995199619971998199920002001200220032004 ... LastLast
Results 59,941 to 59,970 of 74075

Thread: Upcoming Shows

Default Re: Upcoming Shows

To see Muse or to not see Muse that is the question. I'll probably pass
    Follow me on Twitter at Klein25
    The Eeries The Troubadour
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern
    The Horrors Oct 14 Santa Ana

Good point TheClaw...I did not think of that. Oh I will be seeing the Staples show from the first few rows 100%. Parts of of the The 2nd Law have grown on me but more importantly they are still one of the best live bands in the world I'll be there 100%. How about you Cutter? I know you'll be there one way or another too. ha.

Yeah, the new songs look pretty good live from the videos I've seen. I'm really hoping for a 2nd LA show as that is when they break out the rare stuff. LA got Bliss last time which was great.

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    Everyone, I mean everyone, should adhere to these rules. They are not options.
    Screw you guys! I am wearing my Warm Up Summer t-shirt I got on PG's last European only tour to the Bowl show tonight. I'll show you!
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden| Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| DFA 1979| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

Ha not so certain on that one... My past positive feelings towards muse are about equal with my current feelings. Somewhere in the "ehhh" area of the scale right about now. I'd be there with bells on if it wasnt going to be $70+~

The one announced now is probably going to be the 2nd night chronologically which is a pain with that rarity thinking in place. That extended riff session during Stockholm night 2 2010 made that night better on its own.
    Last edited by cutterbutter; 10-06-2012 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheClaw View Post
    Yeah, the new songs look pretty good live from the videos I've seen. I'm really hoping for a 2nd LA show as that is when they break out the rare stuff. LA got Bliss last time which was great.
    One way or another there will be a second LA show. That is a given. Staples night 2 last time was phenomenal and one of the best shows I have ever seen.

Both those Staples Ctr shows were excellent.
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden| Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| DFA 1979| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

I only went to the 2nd night and it was fantastic. The epic Stockholm Syndrome was insanely good and the aforementioned Bliss made me very happy.

So there's going to be some really mind blowing, world changing shows announcements posted in this thread for page 2000 right?

Not at this rate.
    9/26 - William Basinski - Pasadena Arts Council
    9/28 - Bob Mould - Roxy (?)
    10/01 - King Crimson - Orpheum
    10/10 - Thurston Moore/Sebadoh - Echoplex (?)
    10/11 - BADBADNOTGOOD - Echoplex (?)

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

If you get there at a reasonable time neighborhood parking should be fine just pay close attention to the signs...

And if you do find a spot, don't be too busy talking with your friend about how you skipped out on stacked parking and not having to pay. make sure you remember exactly it is what street your on. Walking back after the show after smoking and drinking all the turn offs into the neighborhood look the same ...

I feel like I'm really messing up not seeing Of Montreal or Nikki and the Dove tonight... or tomorrow .

Ariel Pink and Max Cooper were so good yesterday especially Ariel Pink.
    Translation

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Still pretty serious about this.

Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival 10/03 - 10/05/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Treasure Island @ Treasure Island 10/18 & 10/19/14
    Moodymann @ PW 10/25/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14

Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by choice cat View Post
    If you get there at a reasonable time neighborhood parking should be fine just pay close attention to the signs...

And if you do find a spot, don't be too busy talking with your friend about how you skipped out on stacked parking and not having to pay. make sure you remember exactly it is what street your on. Walking back after the show after smoking and drinking all the turn offs into the neighborhood look the same ...
    I always mark my car's GPS coordinates with my phone when I park somewhere new, but thanks for the heads up.

The Hives outdoors at Pappy & Harriet's were absolutely entertaining fun. I had no idea the lead singer and drummer were so HOT. Gay vibes galore. The lead singer channeled Mick Jagger & Freddy Mercury with his moves. The curly haired guitar player was absolutely nuts - in a good way - and he loved having the ladies in the crowd run their fingers through his thick, curly hair. I don't know how I missed them at Coachella. Oh yeah, their music was great, too! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    The Hives outdoors at Pappy & Harriet's were absolutely entertaining fun. I had no idea the lead singer and drummer were so HOT. Gay vibes galore. The lead singer channeled Mick Jagger & Freddy Mercury with his moves. The curly haired guitar player was absolutely nuts - in a good way - and he loved having the ladies in the crowd run their fingers through his thick, curly hair. I don't know how I missed them at Coachella. Oh yeah, their music was great, too! :-)
    I really wanted to check that show out.I might be there for thee Oh Sees.
    Translation

Moodymann @ PW 10/25/14

Last.fm

Maria Minerva was fucking weird and great tonight. Just her up there assaulting a microphone and tons of effects/keyboards. Crazy deconstruction of electronic dance music with live super-reverb vocals and live keyboard. Wild shit... she started with like a 5 minute harsh noise segment to wake up everyone in the bar and then proceeded to throw some really fat dance beats at us, had everyone grooving by the end of the set. Very cool, check her out if she's around. On Not Not Fun records

Peter Gabriel is still, most definitely, the man. He did a near-2 hour, career spanning set at the Bowl tonight. The tour he's doing currently has him performing So from front to back (although not necessarily in order) as well as a smattering of his other material. It started with him and Tony Levin on stage doing a new, sparse track, then going into three other songs acoustically with the full band: Come Talk to Me (which was gorgeous), Shock the Monkey (I was concerned because it was acoustic, but they nailed it) and Family Portrait. Halfway thru Portrait, just like on the album, the band kicked into electric mode, and they went into the second set, which was the smattering. He did three more songs off Us (Digging in the Dirt, Secret World and Washing of the Water), two songs from the first album (Solsbury Hill and The Family and the Fishing Net) and a balls-out awesome version of No Self Control. I thought that would be the highlight of the night for me, but it turns out So is really a fantastic album from front to back. They played it, for the most part, in the order of the original CD release. The only change was that they moved In Your Eyes to the last track of the regular set, probably so they could more easily coordinate John Cusack coming on stage with boombox over his head and handing it to Peter. Because, yeah, that really happened.

Then they did an encore with The Tower That Ate People from OVO, which was so fuckin' great, and closed the night with a massive sing-along to Biko. I had tears streaming down my face as I screamed, "Hear the martyr! Hear the martyr! The man is dead, the man is dead..." So yeah, Peter Gabriel's got it. Hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Peter Gabriel put on one of the best shows, if not the best show, I've seen this year. I dunno if it was my good seats, but the sound was just killer. The Hollywood Bowl never gets especially loud but it could not have suited PG better. Tonight was my 10th time seeing him and surely ranks in the top 3. He broke the show down into three segments/sets- one an acoustic set, one an electric set of hits/PG classics, and one for all of So, back to front.

Highlights musically were numerous including a driving Family Snapshot and a calming take on Come To Talk To Me. Visually he delivered with a flashy version of No Self Control which took me back about 25 years. Red Rain and Excellent Birds really shined from So. The armed lights used during the So tour I saw in 1987 made an appearance, updated from just one beam to three beams per pod. I just cannot get over the production! The Tower That Ate People was used as an encore and really capped off the visual assault. Typical PG glory with his voice in top form. Gotta get to work on making it up to Santa Barbara on Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Peter Gabriel is still, most definitely, the man. He did a near-2 hour, career spanning set at the Bowl tonight. The tour he's doing currently has him performing So from front to back (although not necessarily in order) as well as a smattering of his other material. It started with him and Tony Levin on stage doing a new, sparse track, then going into three other songs acoustically with the full band: Come Talk to Me (which was gorgeous), Shock the Monkey (I was concerned because it was acoustic, but they nailed it) and Family Portrait. Halfway thru Portrait, just like on the album, the band kicked into electric mode, and they went into the second set, which was the smattering. He did three more songs off Us (Digging in the Dirt, Secret World and Washing of the Water), two songs from the first album (Solsbury Hill and The Family and the Fishing Net) and a balls-out awesome version of No Self Control. I thought that would be the highlight of the night for me, but it turns out So is really a fantastic album from front to back. They played it, for the most part, in the order of the original CD release. The only change was that they moved In Your Eyes to the last track of the regular set, probably so they could more easily coordinate John Cusack coming on stage with boombox over his head and handing it to Peter. Because, yeah, that really happened.

Then they did an encore with The Tower That Ate People from OVO, which was so fuckin' great, and closed the night with a massive sing-along to Biko. I had tears streaming down my face as I screamed, "Hear the martyr! Hear the martyr! The man is dead, the man is dead..." So yeah, Peter Gabriel's got it. Hard.

wow
    Translation

Moodymann @ PW 10/25/14

Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    review...
    Sorry we missed each other. I was writing my quicky review while you were working on yours, apparently- good stuff! Yeah, we got lucky here. Peter is always at least very good, but tonight was a great performance. Again, as good as I've seen from him. So great to see Tony Levin back. And Manu Katche is just incredible. I held off on buying SB tickets and now realize I need to figure it out.

A couple more thoughts on tonight-

I've never been a big fan of Family and the Fishing Net off Security. But Peter loves it. He often plays it on tour. I missed both San Jacinto and Rhythm of the Heat from that album. Also, Up was not represented at all. I expected maybe Signal To Noise or Darkness. But ok. I'm just nitpicking at this point!

Btw, In Your Eyes was the last track on the remastered version of So. It was always going to be the last song of the set and he normally closes with it and usually encores with Biko (like tonight). Nice little bit with Cusack.
    Last edited by sonnyboy11; 10-07-2012 at 12:22 AM.

Peter Gabriel was amazing and blew the lid off the joint. Although the opener sucked and should stick to playing coffee shops. She was embarrassing and sucked the life out of the bowl, but Gabriel came on and brought it back.

I need to listen to more Peter Gabriel now.
    Translation

Moodymann @ PW 10/25/14

Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Justin170 View Post
    Peter Gabriel was amazing and blew the lid off the joint. Although the opener sucked and should stick to playing coffee shops. She was embarrassing and sucked the life out of the bowl, but Gabriel came on and brought it back.
    You do know she was the main singer for Don't Give Up and most of the backup singing throughout PG's performance, right? I agree with you on the whole. But Peter often gives either people on his label or artists who play in the main part of his show a chance to open up for him.

Yes Sir. I was hoping for Kate Bush and got whatever her name was. A guy can dream can't he. Obviously I am being tough on her as her voice was fine, but its Peter Gabriel!

Anyone going to New Order tomorrow? Should be fun.
    Last edited by Justin170; 10-07-2012 at 12:34 AM.

I need to listen to more Peter Gabriel now.
    My advice is to put on Melt, drink a few cocktails and pretend like it's 1980 when random sex was still ok. I do that sometimes. Hell, I used to go to parties where that's exactly what was happening... back in the day. I'm old.

Yes Sir. I was hoping for Kate Bush and got whatever her name was. A guy can dream can't he.
    You and me both. compadre. She eschews touring these days. Too bad. But the new girl (Jennifer something) did alright with PG's material. Better than Melanie Gabriel.

Agreed.

I will never understand why people continue to give zero shits about Mono. They were fucking phenomenal tonight. Again.
    9/26 - William Basinski - Pasadena Arts Council
    9/28 - Bob Mould - Roxy (?)
    10/01 - King Crimson - Orpheum
    10/10 - Thurston Moore/Sebadoh - Echoplex (?)
    10/11 - BADBADNOTGOOD - Echoplex (?)

I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Yes Sir. I was hoping for Kate Bush and got whatever her name was. A guy can dream can't he. Obviously I am being tough on her as her voice was fine, but its Peter Gabriel!

Anyone going to New Order tomorrow? Should be fun.
    I am still mulling over a last minute dive into the New Order show. No Peter Hook and $100+ tickets hurt. But... thinking...

I will never understand why people continue to give zero shits about Mono. They were fucking phenomenal tonight. Again.
    I really wanted to see Mono. Tough night in general for shows in LA. Hey, we have a plethora of riches here! Sometimes it keeps me from seeing bands I would like to check out. I had PG tickets for months in advance and there's no way I would have put Mono over him.

Yup, yet Explosions in the Sky gets talked about quite a bit. Crazy world we live in. I've seen Mono twice and they were fantastic both times. I would be seeing them a 3rd time on Wednesday, but I'm seeing The Helio Sequence instead. Just going with the band I've never seen.