Page 1856 of 2508 FirstFirst ... 18511852185318541855185618571858185918601861 ... LastLast
Results 55,651 to 55,680 of 75230

Thread: Upcoming Shows

Default Re: Upcoming Shows

Quote Originally Posted by stuporfly View Post
    Trying to keep myself busy so I'm not too sullen over skipping Coachella this year...

Tuesday - Kraftwerk performing Autobahn as part of Retrospective 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 @ MoMA
    Wednesday - Pulp @Radio City Music Hall
    Are you going to the Planned Parenthood benefit?
    1/11 Tamaryn @ The Echo, 1/20 Elton John @ Caesars Palace, 2/14 Sparks @ The Ace, 2/17 Emmy the Great @ DC9 (?)

Good vids. Thanks!

Garbage is one of those bands where I forgot just how many hits and recognizable songs they had in their back catalog until I was there watching them. Songs like Stupid Girl and Queer are just farking great tunes. Battle In Me is right up there too and live, it's a stunner. I think I'd go see to them again just to hear that one! They did three new songs, right?

Blood For Poppies
    Man On a Wire
    Battle In Me
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden| Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| DFA 1979| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

Too bad they didnt play When I Grow Up...would love to hear that one live someday.
    Upcoming Shows:
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields
    U2: 6/28 @ United Center

At the Drive In
    "Stampede is coming!! At The Drive In -at Red7 Monday April 9 in Austin TX ..on sale now!"
    http://transmission.frontgatetickets....php?lid=66438

At The Drive In playing in austin on monday

Stampede is coming!! At The Drive In -at Red7 Monday April 9 in Austin TX ..on sale now!

wow supre. you FUCKING IDIOT. FUCK

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    At The Drive In playing in austin on monday

We know.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

GRABBED ONE!!!!! big thanks to cutter for the heads up.

December 31 - Matthew Dear/The Sword/Pallbearer
    January 30 - Behemoth
    February 3 - Zola Jesus
    February 10 - 1349
    February 28 - A Place To Bury Strangers
    April 6 - Swans
    April 10-12 - Coachella
    April 17 - Clark/Nosaj Thing
    May 8-10 - Austin Psych Fest
    May 15-17 - Psycho California
    June 24-28 - Glastonbury

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    GRABBED ONE!!!!! big thanks to cutter for the heads up.
    Shouldn't you be thanking supre? I mean look who posted it fir...
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden| Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| DFA 1979| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

If anyone is down for the Dallas or the hometown El Paso show you need to be stalking their twitter since they've been popping up unannounced.
    "Texas is a lovely place to visit this time of year... Commence countdown ..36hrs"
    http://twitter.com/#!/AtTheDriveIn

Pretty cool idea to announce stuff this way, and go on sale instantly... how exciting, if youre a ATDI fan.
    Upcoming Shows:
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields
    U2: 6/28 @ United Center

And live in TX... :/ If it was any other week I'd be on a plane to visit family there. Makes you wonder if they will announce a GV show since they were the obvious hole in that lovely little schedule of shows.

The Rapture last night made me sleep in till now....so hungover. Maybe we'll party again tonight like it was 2003...

Frost Revival Lineup Announced

Stanford University, Frost Amphitheater

Saturday, May 19th, 2012 - Doors Open at 2:00pm, Concert Starts at 3:00pm

Official Lineup:

Modest Mouse
    Eyes Lips Eyes
    Benjamin Francis Leftwich

Visit http://scn.stanford.edu/ for full details.

Sponsored by Stanford Concert Network, in conjunction with Associated Students of Stanford University, Graduate Student Council, Cardinal Nights, Office of Special Events & Protocol, Student Activities & Leadership and Vice Provost for Student Activities.

This event is open to the public. Stanford students: invite your friends and families!

Tickets on sale April 23rd at tickets.stanford.edu, available online, in the Stanford Ticket Office, and in White Plaza. Student tickets are only $20; save on each ticket with a group order of 10 or more. Email frost_is_back@stanford.edu for questions and Stanford student group ticket orders. SUIDs required. This event will sell out, so be sure to claim your ticket when they are made available.

12/22 Afrika Bambaataa vs Arthur Baker @ W New York
    12/27 Dubfire @ Output
    12/28 Television @ Irving Plaza
    12/28 Boys Noize @ Output

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Coachella Junkie schoolofruckus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by moviebruin View Post
    So pumped for this. Buddy that went last night had the same sentiment. Gonna have to really get out of this show to head east in time for the Garbage show. But, this will definitely be the show of the night.
    Jen and I caught the last of these shows last night and it totally fucking slayed. The Moon medley rocked (in partial thanks to the time-lapse videos that ran with it), and the Requiem->Fountain sequence at the end of the main set was also thrilling. But getting "πR^2" as the closer fulfilled a dream that I long considered unthinkable. One of the most satisfying shows I've ever seen.

I haven't been to Largo at the Coronet before (I caught one or two Jon Brion performances at the old place on Fairfax), and I would definitely go again.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    The childless 20-something year olds on the board who find a 50 something year old man fucking teenage prostitutes distasteful will probably change the hum of their tune once they produce babies, definitely. That's the missing link.

So for anyone thinking about checking out Oberhofer at Coachella, I highly recomend you reconsider. I saw them last night and they were incredibly slopy and looked like they were trying WAY too hard. On top of that, they played a bunch of songs that aren't on their album and were just terrible. They were like Wavves reject songs. And I like Wavves. It seemed to me the main guy in Oberhofer (his name is Brad Oberhofer) must just have incredibly rich parents that bought him the best studio and producer money can buy and then got him an amazing PR agent. They really were just not very good.

Pond on the other hand, were excelent. They put on a bad ass rock n roll show and I enjoyed every minute of it. I talked to the guitarist after the show, and it turns out they just released their 4th album and this is their first North American tour. He did say that two of the other guys have toured North America with their other band, but I didn't ask what band they were in. I found out this morning that 2 of the band members are from Tame Impala. Go figure. Anyways, Pond fucking rocked and I highly recomend all of you go see them if you had they chance. I wish they were playing Coachella this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Glad I just decided to check the Echo's website. fEEDTIME are playing in about 2 hours. Totally rolling down right now. If you're free and in LA, you should join me.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Is fEEDTIME some kind of fIREHOSE related thing? Those caps can't just be a coincidence.
    12/22 - Beachwood Sparks, et al - Echoplex
    12/30 - Together Pangea - Echo
    1/10 - Flesh Eaters - Echoplex (?)
    1/20 - Guster - HOB Anaheim (?)
    1/29 - Patti Smith - Ace (?)

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    Is fEEDTIME some kind of fIREHOSE related thing? Those caps can't just be a coincidence.
    actually it's looking like a coincidence.

firehose is in seatle tonight LINK

and there really is a fEEDTIME LINK

bummer.
    ))<>((

It's not. I've checked this before long ago. They are a noise band from Austrailia.

LA will never get a fIREHOSE show

So yeah, feedtime is an Aus punk group from the '80s. They're on in a bit, but I'm. Here to post about the lamps. They sounded like Big Black fucking Black Flag in an uncomfortable position. So goddamn good. Dead Meat was a nice surprise as well.

And feedtime was spectacular. They played a solid hour, probably around 30-35 songs. They were no bullshit stripped down punk rock, a-la Wire circa Pink Flag or early Ramones. Lots of slide, lots of grittily barked vocals, and lots of fun. Apparently this was their first show in LA ever, and they were very grateful to the audience and the people who made their first US tour happen. They really radiated that joy along with a heavy dose of intensity. I came away a fan.

I saw Oneohtrix Point Never last night. I was happily surprised to hear how his live material differed so greatly from his records.

Just got back from The War On Drugs. Definitely a solid performance, it's always a good sign when a band that I'm completely unfamiliar with can hold my attention for an hour and a half.

You went to TWoD last night too? Killer show, thanks to everyone here for convincing me to go! Got a little too jammy for me at times, but I liked a lot of it. And I think they opened with Baby Missiles too? Killer opening tune.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    So for anyone thinking about checking out Oberhofer at Coachella, I highly recomend you reconsider. I saw them last night and they were incredibly slopy and looked like they were trying WAY too hard. On top of that, they played a bunch of songs that aren't on their album and were just terrible. They were like Wavves reject songs. And I like Wavves. It seemed to me the main guy in Oberhofer (his name is Brad Oberhofer) must just have incredibly rich parents that bought him the best studio and producer money can buy and then got him an amazing PR agent. They really were just not very good.

Pond on the other hand, were excelent. They put on a bad ass rock n roll show and I enjoyed every minute of it. I talked to the guitarist after the show, and it turns out they just released their 4th album and this is their first North American tour. He did say that two of the other guys have toured North America with their other band, but I didn't ask what band they were in. I found out this morning that 2 of the band members are from Tame Impala. Go figure. Anyways, Pond fucking rocked and I highly recomend all of you go see them if you had they chance. I wish they were playing Coachella this year.
    With Tame Impala playing last year I thought this year might have been a lock for Pond in the fine print .. Maybe next year a Tame Impala return with their new album, and Pond as well. But yeah I got the echo blast email couple Thursdays ago announcing a Pond echo show and I flipped the fuck out, only to find that it was fucking Thursday April 12th. Made me wish I was going 2nd weekend cause who knows when we will get Pond again in the states.

More At The Drive In news

https://twitter.com/#!/AtTheDriveIn/...957826/photo/1

permission to land ... all systems go .....tomorrow 1pm central time...

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

sweet

December 31 - Matthew Dear/The Sword/Pallbearer
    January 30 - Behemoth
    February 3 - Zola Jesus
    February 10 - 1349
    February 28 - A Place To Bury Strangers
    April 6 - Swans
    April 10-12 - Coachella
    April 17 - Clark/Nosaj Thing
    May 8-10 - Austin Psych Fest
    May 15-17 - Psycho California
    June 24-28 - Glastonbury

SOLD. Also, does anyone know how to split a pdf of tickets? Like I have 4 tickets on 1 file and want to seperate in half, any way of doing that?
    Last edited by choice cat; 04-09-2012 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by choice cat View Post
    Anyone want to go to youth lagoon thursday at troubadour? I have 2 tickets. Also, does anyone know how to split a pdf of tickets? Like I have 4 tickets on 1 file and want to seperate in half, any way of doing that?
    If you get/have Acrobat, not Reader, there is an option to do so. I dont remember if thats free or not? Or you can cheat on a mac and just click print in Preview in whatever application you have and there is a PDF button in the bottom left. Just chance it from "All" to "From" and print 1 to 2 (of your 4) and it will make a new file. Yeaahh, just double check the barcodes.

I'd totally be on that if it was any other night!

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

or if you have a scanner you can scan each printout individually.
    last.fm
    12/4/14 - Angel Olsen @ El Rey // 12/10/14 - Tune-Yards/Cibo Matto @ Wiltern

Fiona Apple:

06-19 Ithaca, NY - State Theatre
    06-20 Baltimore, MD - Lyric Opera House
    06-22 Mashantucket, CT - MGM Grand Theater at Foxwoods
    06-23 Holyoke, MA - Mountain Park
    06-24 New York, NY - Governors Ball, Randall's Island
    06-26 Washington, DC - Warner Theatre
    06-27 Upper Darby, PA - Tower Theatre
    06-29 Danbury, CT - Ives Concert Park
    06-30 Boston, MA - Citi Performing Arts Center
    07-01 Portland, ME - State Theatre