Page 1852 of 2472 FirstFirst ... 18471848184918501851185218531854185518561857 ... LastLast
Results 55,531 to 55,560 of 74157

Thread: Upcoming Shows

Default Re: Upcoming Shows

COCOROSIE

Wednesday, June 6, 2012
    Regency Ballroom (SF), San Francisco CA

Thursday, June 7, 2012
    Rio Theatre, Santa Cruz CA

Friday, June 8, 2012
    Belly Up, Solana Beach CA

Saturday, June 9, 2012
    Luckman Fine Arts Complex, Los Angeles CA

WAKA FLOCKA FLAME
    APRIL 27
    CLUB NOKIA

YOU CAN TELL BY THE ALL CAPS THAT IM HYPED AS FUCK

At least you dont have to pay extra for drake tickets now.

Exactly.

More M83 dates

Three new shows have been added to the US Tour, see below for details. Exclusive pre-sale tickets will be going on sale tomorrow at 10:00AM local time via the M83 Ticket Store.

22 May Sunshine Theater – Albuquerque, NM
    23 May Marquee Theater – Phoenix, AZ
    25 May The Cosmopolitan – Las Vegas, NV

Trust

4/10 Los Angeles, CA - The Echoplex
    4/11 Costa Mesa, CA - Detroit Bar
    4/12 San Francisco, CA - Popscene
    4/13 Seattle, WA - Electric Tea Garden
    4/14 Vancouver, BC - Electric Owl
    4/15 Portland, OR - Rotture
    4/17 Chicago, IL - Empty Bottle
    5/11-12 Brighton, UK - The Great Escape

I highly recommend that fans of Austra go check out this band.

KROQ Weenie Roast

KROQ's Weenie Roast lineup for 2012 is finally out! Taking place on Saturday, May 5, at Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre in Irvine, the line-up this year includes Angels & Airwaves, Awolnation, Coldplay, The Dirtyheads, Garbage, Grouplove, Incubus, The Offspring, Of Monsters And Men, Pennywise, Silversun Pickups and Walk The Moon.

Tickets go on sale this Thursday, April 5 at 12 p.m. NOON via Live Nation for $45.00 - $85.00 a ticket plus service fees with a four (4) ticket limit (Unlimited for lawn seats) and must be a KROQ Street Teammember to get the password to buy tickets. Click below then to get your tickets this week to attend this year's KROQ's Weenie Roast!

Talk about a shitty lineup...
    Follow me on Twitter at Klein25
    The Eeries The Troubadour
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern
    The Horrors Oct 14 Santa Ana

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    I'm not, you continually annoying little twat, I'm listening to reports of people buying tickets after I already have. I said, "can pull better tickets." Ugh.
    Can you guys hug it out at Coachella this year and post a picture? That would be great!

ps For those that saw Andrew Wk couple weeks ago, does he play "I get wet" in full in the beginning or end of the set? I still remember seeing him exactly one year after 9/11 @ TLA in Philly. I hope he still has the energy to party till you puke tonight!

10/3 M.A.N.D.Y. @ ?
    10/4 Liars/The Blood Brothers @ Summerstage
    10/4 KiNK/Atomô/Tin Man @ Output
    10/5 The Blood Brothers @ Warsaw

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Liars 2012 dates!!! I'm thinking they'll play Pitchfork again this year
    6/20 Webster Hall NYC
    6/22 Music Box LA

ps People go on facebook still? Pshhh...Solution!
    http://soundcloud.com/muterecords/li...ainst-the-rush

Mute Records announces:

Liars - Angus Andrew, Aaron Hemphill and Julian Gross - have announced further details of their eagerly awaited new album.

Titled WIXIW (pronounced "wish you"), the 11-track album will be preceded by a single, "No.1 Against The Rush".

Head over to www.facebook.com/LiarsOfficial to listen to the new song.

The title, WIXIW, is explained by Angus Andrew, "'wish you' is a familiar and universal sentiment of longing and hope, but when misspelled becomes uniquely shrouded and difficult to interpret, which in many ways is representative of our music and the songs we wrote for this album".

Watch what happens [below] when human beings are confronted with WIXIW and see it manifest in unlikely places.

He continues, "The word being a palindrome offered us some comfort, and came from superstitious behavior that was the result of extreme uncertainty and doubt. The word and spelling struck us because it seemed to exude a special quality or power."

Recorded in LA, self-produced by the band with additional production from Daniel Miller and mixed by Tom Biller, the album is hard to shake, tough to pin down, and impossible to get out of one's head even after an initial listen. Simultaneously the most accessible and most challenging release from these iconoclasts, it is both a summation of Liars' work up to now, and a complete break from anything you'd ever heard the band do previously.

"If we aren't confusing people, it's not us," Andrew laughs. "If we aren't confusing ourselves with what we do, then we've failed."

Interview w/ Pitchfork...

Pitchfork: What's the story behind this album's title, WIXIW?

Angus Andrew: With our music, we try to convey everyday ideas, but they get all mixed up and hard to read after they've gone through our musical process. It's a palindrome, and that interested us as far as the idea of starting somewhere, going through a lot of work, and ending up in the same place you started. I guess that can be seen as a negative result, but for our creative process, it's actually a really positive thing. There's this air of superstition or mystique around this made-up word.

"We dropped everything that we had learned on the last couple records and tried to really see what it's like starting from
    the other end. That's always pretty frightening."

Pitchfork: WIXIW is much more electronic and sample-based than your previous two albums. What caused the change-up?

AA: Change always seems natural for us. When I look at the last two records in hindsight, I see this attempt to figure out what it's like to be a musician, how to use your instruments properly. At some point, we realized that we're not interested in that anymore. What I like about music isn't necessarily a good song structure. We wanted to get back to sound and the intents behind songs, rather than the more standard rock or blues ideas.

Pitchfork: Did anything specific trigger this change in thinking?

AA: Aaron and I had a period of writing out in the woods, with just computers and programs. Then we went off and took a break, and we did one show at this Mute festival in London. It was the first time I'd seen the Residents play live, and it just really blew me away. There were a lot more electronic acts in that lineup, too. We came out with the material that we'd been playing recently, with the standard drums/bass/guitar setup, and that felt really weird.

Pitchfork: On your website, there's a bunch of short videos, some of which seem to document odd items that are being sampled. Did you sample anything particularly strange while making the album?

AA: We wetted rags and let them drip on tin pots. We filled up balloons and let them out slowly. We were trying to find interesting sounds from different places. We're really not that technically adept, so using this stuff naÔvely and wrong was really the key for us. Even when we're using more standard instrumentation, it became interesting when we couldn't get something to work right.

Pitchfork: Any personal occurrences that influenced the album's lyrical themes?

AA: This record's about the internal struggle, as opposed to Sisterworld, which was about how you're supposed to associate with your environment. This one's more about how you're supposed to associate with yourself. Part of that comes from the idea of personal relationships. I had recently begun a serious relationship, and at the same time, Aaron had ended a very serious relationship. There's this interesting duality of fear and doubt that you can achieve from both sides of that coin. You suddenly are very aware of yourself in relation to other people. There's a lot of doubt, anxiety, and uncertainty in the lyrics of this record.

We dropped everything that we had learned on the last couple records and tried to really see what it's like starting from the other end. That's always pretty frightening. We've done that before, but not with this computer technology that we really had no idea about how to use.

Pitchfork: Was this album harder to make than previous ones?

AA: Yeah, it was a lot more difficult. Normally, Aaron and I write separately and bring complete songs to each other, but for this record, we really forced ourselves to collaborate from day one. We had to agree on every note and word. We found that difficult, but also really rewarding at the same time. It's harder to be confident about what you've done if you allow someone to see the bare bones of where you started.

I don't think I've been as scared of a record we've made since Drum's Not Dead, when there was definitely a point where Aaron and I said to each other, "Are we really gonna release this?" It was just so new and uncertain to us. This one feels similar to that. But I think that being worried about a record is good. It's a challenge.

Pitchfork: You recorded this album in your own private recording space, right?

AA: Yeah, it's below the 101 freeway [in Los Angeles]. There's a lot of homeless people around, as well as the complementary weed dispensary next door, just like anywhere you go in Los Angeles now. I really wish we had this place when we made Sisterworld, because it speaks directly to this other world beneath the grime and the glitz. It's a weird, rough part of L.A. But once you lock yourself in here-- which you definitely need to do, because people seem to always want to come into these kinds of places-- it's a different little world. And we've made it a home.
    Last edited by Spooks; 04-02-2012 at 10:29 AM.

10/3 M.A.N.D.Y. @ ?

Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    KROQ Weenie Roast

KROQ's Weenie Roast lineup for 2012 is finally out! Taking place on Saturday, May 5, at Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre in Irvine, the line-up this year includes Angels & Airwaves, Awolnation, Coldplay, The Dirtyheads, Garbage, Grouplove, Incubus, The Offspring, Of Monsters And Men, Pennywise, Silversun Pickups and Walk The Moon.

Tickets go on sale this Thursday, April 5 at 12 p.m. NOON via Live Nation for $45.00 - $85.00 a ticket plus service fees with a four (4) ticket limit (Unlimited for lawn seats) and must be a KROQ Street Teammember to get the password to buy tickets. Click below then to get your tickets this week to attend this year's KROQ's Weenie Roast!

Talk about a shitty lineup...
    its going to sell out in 5 minutes. Coldplay for half the cost of the hollywood bowl shows will get people there.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    ps For those that saw Andrew Wk couple weeks ago, does he play "I get wet" in full in the beginning or end of the set? I still remember seeing him exactly one year after 9/11 @ TLA in Philly. I hope he still has the energy to party till you puke tonight!
    He plays it first straight through, then will encore with some other album tunes. He has ended some with We Want Fun, an I Get Wet bonus track.

Also, can you please never post a giant pitchfork/blog/magazine article in here again? There are plenty of discussion threads and those two Liars dates were just fine by themselves.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Can you guys hug it out at Coachella this year and post a picture? That would be great!
    Oh, we know each other in real life and see see each other at shows all the time.
    last.fm
    10/22/14 - TV On The Radio @ Regent // 11/9/14 - Bad Religion @ Mayan // 11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo

Sigma will be playing Respect in Los Angeles on the 19th. Pretty upset about their choice of date since I'm attending weekend 2.

Quote Originally Posted by ficklecycle View Post
    WAKA FLOCKA FLAME
    APRIL 27
    CLUB NOKIA

YOU CAN TELL BY THE ALL CAPS THAT IM HYPED AS FUCK
    yes!!

Quote Originally Posted by cutterbutter View Post
    Also, can you please never post a giant pitchfork/blog/magazine article in here again? There are plenty of discussion threads and those two Liars dates were just fine by themselves.
    I'd like to politely second this.
    10/01 - King Crimson - Orpheum
    10/10 - Thurston Moore/Sebadoh - Echoplex (?)
    10/11 - BADBADNOTGOOD - Echoplex (?)
    10/12 - IAMX - Complex
    10/13 - Oren Ambarchi - Jewels Catch One

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Quote Originally Posted by cutterbutter View Post
    He plays it first straight through, then will encore with some other album tunes. He has ended some with We Want Fun, an I Get Wet bonus track.

Thanks dude! I won't miss the beginning and then

More Liars cause they're fuckin awesome

ps Watch the first video!

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Oh, we know each other in real life and see see each other at shows all the time.
    Well I would like to see you guys hug it out and post it here. I know Supre loves to take pictures!

10/3 M.A.N.D.Y. @ ?

I get the feeling that Spooks is a Caligula alias, just always really fucking high on happy drugs. There are so many similar mannerisms...
    10/12 - IAMX - Complex

I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Alias of an alias? How clever

Thanks dude! I won't miss the beginning and then
    Yes, don't miss a second of it. The Pomona show was a blast. Andrew WK and his band give it their all constantly.

Carolina Chocolate Drops - 4/6 - Royce Hall
    10/12 - IAMX - Complex

last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    Carolina Chocolate Drops - 4/6 - Royce Hall
    These guys are really something else. All of you should go.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Austin City Limits Festival - 10/3 - Zilker Park
    Bonobo (DJ set) - 10/10 - The Mohawk
    Screaming Females - 10/23 - Red 7
    Caribou & Jessy Lanza - 11/23 - The Mohawk

Naw. Better stuff happening on friday nights in l.a.

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Naw. Better stuff happening on friday nights in l.a., and absolutely none of it involves being near a vagina.

At least not when suprefan's involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Austin City Limits Festival - 10/3 - Zilker Park
    Bonobo (DJ set) - 10/10 - The Mohawk
    Screaming Females - 10/23 - Red 7
    Caribou & Jessy Lanza - 11/23 - The Mohawk

December ?? - Rags To Radio @ Whiskey A Go Go

Shit is gonna get real this December.
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post

Fuck yes!!!!!!
    Translation

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Still pretty serious about this.

Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival 10/03 - 10/05/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Treasure Island @ Treasure Island 10/18 & 10/19/14
    Moodymann @ PW 10/25/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14

Last.fm

I'm so down.

Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    We all know its the same for you too.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Shit venue, but I'll be there with bells on and will party with you guys like a crazy motherfucker when it happens!
    last.fm
    10/22/14 - TV On The Radio @ Regent // 11/9/14 - Bad Religion @ Mayan // 11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo

I keep forgetting I'm moving to California. I will come too, Josh.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!