Page 1851 of 2460 FirstFirst ... 18461847184818491850185118521853185418551856 ... LastLast
Results 55,501 to 55,530 of 73792

Thread: Upcoming Shows

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Default Re: Upcoming Shows

Quote Originally Posted by paulb View Post
    I got a floor Pulp ticket in my basket, 1min to go...who needs it?
    PEOPLE NOT GOING TO SHOWS NEED TO STOP FUCKING DOING THIS. It's beyond irritating when you scramble to get seats/sections and then can pull better tickets than you bought afterward because people are just playing around.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by choice cat View Post
    And Above & Beyond are having their plur celebration weekend at the Shrine, so thats 12,000 people who probably would have gone to Deadmau5 otherwise
    holy balls that is a PLUR weekend for the rave kiddies. i could see mau5 selling out both nights with the right openers/guests

Quote Originally Posted by TheImportance View Post
    Hey maybe you all could help.

Should I go to The War on Drugs or Cursive with Cymbals Eat Guitars? Both are the same price and I like all three of the bands the same amount.
    The War on Drugs.

8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/11: Tomas Barfod @ The Rickshaw Stop
    9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    PEOPLE NOT GOING TO SHOWS NEED TO STOP FUCKING DOING THIS. It's beyond irritating when you scramble to get seats/sections and then can pull better tickets than you bought afterward because people are just playing around.
    id normally agree, but I was literally trying for Boourns or Lingo....not just trying to fuck people over. As well, thanks to Cutter for doing that, I was able to see Green Day in Costa Mesa with Omar and 200 people, while I was shut out....
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

Yeah why is he mad? Paul did a good thing. He's holding it just in case a friend needs it not to scalp. I wish soneone did that for me if bloc party did a show at the glass house or somewhere small
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Wake me up when Steve Angello wants me to make some fucking noise

Haha, Menik did that for a friend of mine. I get what you're saying, but without him she would have been shit out of luck for Coachella.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town
    DJ Shadow/Cut Chemist - 9/18 - Moody Theater
    Bonobo (DJ set) - 10/10 - The Mohawk
    Caribou - 11/23 - The Mohawk

Yeah Drinkey, don't hate the player hate the game.

8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/11: Tomas Barfod @ The Rickshaw Stop
    9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Not specifically calling out paul, but there are posts like this all the time of people just looking to see what they would pull, or "testing" before onsales in their cities. it's really lame.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

id normally agree, but I was literally trying for Boourns or Lingo....not just trying to fuck people over. As well, thanks to Cutter for doing that, I was able to see Green Day in Costa Mesa with Omar and 200 people, while I was shut out....
    Amen, and it was a really fun night!

Actually one of the best things about this board is people helping out others they kind of or barely know score tickets. I've been helped and returned the favor more than a few times.

Should I go to The War on Drugs or Cursive with Cymbals Eat Guitars? Both are the same price and I like all three of the bands the same amount.
    umm really? This is a no brainer. Fuckin go see Cursive! They're 100 times better than the War on Drugs and Cymbals Eat Guitars...

8/25 Sleep @ Stage 48
    8/30 Heavy Blanket @ Union Pool
    8/30 Black Pus @ BNB
    8/30 Hernan Cattaneo b2b Guy J @ Verboten
    8/31 DJ Qu/Lauren Ritter @ Paper Box

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Nobody is complaining about people helping others get tickets. The contested issue at hand relates to those who are trying for tickets just to fulfill their own curiosity.
    9/05 Sister Crayon @ the Rickshaw Stop
    9/22 Tove Lo @ the Fillmore
    9/27 Simian Mobile Disco @ The Mezzanine
    10/5 The War On Drugs @ The Fillmore
    10/21 Jessie Ware @ The Chapel
    10/24 Little Dragon @ the Fox Theatre
    10/24 Rfs Du Sol @ The Mezzanine
    10/29 PHISH @ Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
    10/31 AlunaGeorge @ 1015 (?)
    11/29 London Grammar @ the Fox Theatre

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    umm really? This is a no brainer. Fuckin go see Cursive! They're 100 times better than the War on Drugs and Cymbals Eat Guitars...
    #livinginthepast

War on Drugs all the way

For those of you worried about GA Balc, etc. for Pulp - I have never seen the Fox check tickets at all, even for super sold out shows. Just saying...

Well heres what you should do first, STOP TRYING TO SEE IF YOU CAN GET BETTER TICKETS AFTER YOU BOUGHT SOME ALREADY, ITS BEYOND IRRITATING.

Not specifically calling out paul, but there are posts like this all the time of people just looking to see what they would pull, or "testing" before onsales in their cities. it's really lame.
    Practice makes perfect, do not fucking hate.

More tickets were just released for Pulp!! Just got one!

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Well heres what you should do first, STOP TRYING TO SEE IF YOU CAN GET BETTER TICKETS AFTER YOU BOUGHT SOME ALREADY, ITS BEYOND IRRITATING.

Practice makes perfect, do not fucking hate.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.

Office Twins has to be the lousy band name ever.

Thanks for that useful information...
    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.

Quote Originally Posted by uscjeff View Post
    For those of you worried about GA Balc, etc. for Pulp - I have never seen the Fox check tickets at all, even for super sold out shows. Just saying...
    they were pretty hardcore at qotsa.

I know we talked about this because of Mangum recently, but that wasn't people trying to see what they could get; tickets were just opened up at 10:01am or something similar and they happened to be better. I understand the irritation but I think people are spending enough money that they have the right to be concerned about what/where/how much there seats will be or if they can have something better. I mean, how many times have you typed captchas and shit just to see if a show was sold out or not? I know I do this to see if I can buy a ticket at the doors or not to avoid fees. Perhaps if there was a system to check them besides trying to find sporadic venue tweets and facebook updates. Those interact seating charts are really nice, but obviously don't work in a situation where everyone is hammering the page.

Yeah, first at foremost I was trying to go myself! But when I saw it was 21+ and realized I couldn't get in, I didn't want them to go to waste. Would paulb have been able to get tickets if I wasn't on there in the first place? Maybe he was next in line for the 2 I got... But I doubt it when its such a small quantity like that. Becomes a total lottery (to some extent).

I don't understand doing it for shits and giggles though. I personally am not going to try to hone my captcha skills on an NYC onsale etc. I have video games and other chances to imporve my reflexes

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    they were pretty hardcore at qotsa.
    Indeed they were. My one friend definitely could not join us on the floor as he had a balcony ticket. The Fox Pomona has also done away with the 1-in-1-out system for the front pit and wristbands it to those first in the door similar to the Wiltern.
    Last edited by cutterbutter; 03-30-2012 at 07:48 PM.

Honestly, I'd pretty much call this a toss-up. The War on Drugs and Cymbals Eat Guitars are both really impressive live. If it were between those two, I'd go TWoD, as they've blown me away both times I've seen them. However, Cursive were GREAT when I saw them recently, although still not up to TWoD standards.

So, one band that is spectacular and just getting better, or two really good bands, one of which is a bit past their prime but still performing well. Choose whichever show is at the better venue, or just go with the War on Drugs because Slave Ambient is brilliant, and if they're headlining they'll play a long and powerful show.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Honestly, I'd pretty much call this a toss-up. The War on Drugs and Cymbals Eat Guitars are both really impressive live. If it were between those two, I'd go TWoD, as they've blown me away both times I've seen them. However, Cursive were GREAT when I saw them recently, although still not up to TWoD standards.

So, one band that is spectacular and just getting better, or two really good bands, one of which is a bit past their prime but still performing well. Choose whichever show is at the better venue, or just go with the War on Drugs because Slave Ambient is brilliant, and if they're headlining they'll play a long and powerful show.
    Haha I think this response sums up all of the others. Thanks for the help everyone, I'm leaning towards The War on Drugs now but I think it's gonna be a last minute decision. The sad part is the shows are on different nights, I just don't have the money for both because a friend isn't paying me back for Spiritualized tickets. :/

If you're leaning TWoD, do it. They were possibly the best set I saw last year, and this year they blew me away despite being an opening act. That's one of the hardest things to do, and they did it with aplomb. Unlike Cymbals Eat Guitars, they have potential to be really big. Catch them now.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

I wish I could make it to the Julia Holter show today. Yes I already saw her play a set at Amoeba a couple weeks ago, and it was fantastic, but that was before I knew her music and I think it would be even better the second time now that I have some familiarity with the album. Sadly, family dinner tonight. Hope those of you going have a blast!

^ Speaking of which...

Julia Holter "Ekstasis" Release Party Show Schedule:

6-7pm = dublab DJs
    7pm = Mark So and Rick Bahto
    7:45pm = dublab DJs
    8:15pm = Julia Holter
    9-10pm = dublab DJs

Visuals by Yelena Zhelezov & Miko Revereza

All broadcast live on dublab.com!
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto73 View Post
    I'd contribute to this discussion but I'm still busy reminiscing about the halcyon days of punk. You know, the mid-90s.

If you're leaning TWoD, do it. They were possibly the best set I saw last year, and this year they blew me away despite being an opening act. That's one of the hardest things to do, and they did it with aplomb. Unlike Cymbals Eat Guitars, they have potential to be really big. Catch them now.
    Yep, looking more and more like it's gonna be TWoD now. Tried listening to Cymbals Eat Guitars last record again and I remembered how much I dislike it. Wish I saw them in 2010 considering I only really want to hear a few tunes off of Why There Are Mountains.

Cymbals Eat Guitars were terrible at Sasquatch 2010. One of the worst live bands I have ever seen. The War On Drugs, however, were fantastic when I saw them last weekend.
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Oneohtrix Point Never at the Middle East this Friday.
    Bad Brains at the Paradise Rock Club April 16th.
    Ceremony at the Democracy Center in Cambridge on April 20th.

Anyone else going to shows in/around Boston?

The Wedding Present @ The Independent tonight. Performing Seamonsters. I'm really excited.

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    I'm not, you continually annoying little twat, I'm listening to reports of people buying tickets after I already have. I said, "can pull better tickets." Ugh.
    last.fm