Page 1848 of 2469 FirstFirst ... 18431844184518461847184818491850185118521853 ... LastLast
Results 55,411 to 55,440 of 74046

Thread: Upcoming Shows

  1. #55411
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,938

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by choice cat View Post
    wow ! capacity there is right around 6k ?
    7000+


    Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    What the fuck? Did dude get 5 pitchfork articles in one day or something?
    every dj at ultra played a remix by him. And everyone sang along.. Hehas arrvied. Oh, and he gets airplay on Kiis fm now.
    Last edited by suprefan; 03-27-2012 at 04:08 PM.

  2. #55412
    Coachella Junkie Sushov23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,979

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    awww damn it....... Glad I caught em last week at the echo though
    How were they? They don't even have a fucking album out yet. Ridiculous for them to be playing the troubadour. Gotye at nokia theater Is insane.

  3. #55413
    Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DTLA, CA
    Posts
    21,396

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    7000+
    Jesus, Nokia is that big? I thought it was 6k also. i haven't seen a show there yet though, so what do i know
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

  4. #55414
    Chest Rockwell Gribbz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    19,974

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Sushov23 View Post
    How were they? They don't even have a fucking album out yet.
    The album hasn't officially been released yet? I feel like it's been on spotify for quite a while.

    EDIT* They're billed pretty high at Sasquatch. Main stage too.
    Last edited by Gribbz; 03-27-2012 at 04:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

    DJ Shadow/Cut Chemist - 9/18 - Moody Theater
    Tycho - 9/20 - Emo's
    Bonobo (DJ set) - 10/10 - The Mohawk
    Screaming Females - 10/23 - Red 7
    Caribou & Jessy Lanza - 11/23 - The Mohawk

  5. #55415
    Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DTLA, CA
    Posts
    21,396

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Sleigh Bells played a pretty fucking packed tent at Coachella before they had an album out
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

  6. #55416
    Coachella Junkie Sushov23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,979

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    To be clear I'm talking about 2:54 not of monsters and men. sleigh bells was not packed in 2010, so much room to roam around

  7. #55417
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,938

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Sushov23 View Post
    How were they? They don't even have a fucking album out yet. Ridiculous for them to be playing the troubadour. Gotye at nokia theater Is insane.
    The Echo was pretty full and almost cleared out entirely after they finished. So the Troubadour will definitely sell out. They were great. If The XX and Warpaint had babies, these would be the babies.

    vid from the show.



    Quote Originally Posted by Sushov23 View Post
    To be clear I'm talking about 2:54 not of monsters and men. sleigh bells was not packed in 2010, so much room to roam around

    It was packed. People were watching in the sun outside the tent.
    Last edited by suprefan; 03-27-2012 at 05:09 PM.

  8. #55418
    Member GrossMagic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    1,642

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Reggie Watts

    05/16/12 Chicago Vic Theatre
    05/17/12 Cleveland The Grog Shop
    05/19/12 Philadelphia Trocadero
    05/20/12 New York City Webster Hall
    05/21/12 Washington D.C. 930 Club
    05/23/12 Atlanta Variety Playhouse
    05/24/12 New Orleans Tipitina’s
    05/26/12 Austin Scottish Rite Theatre
    05/29/12 Phoenix Crescent Ballroom
    05/30/12 Los Angeles The Music Box
    06/01/12 San Francisco, CA The Independent
    06/03/12 Portland The Crystal Ballroom at McMenamins
    06/04/12 Seattle, WA Neptune Theatre
    06/28/12 Rothbury, MI Electric Forest Festival

  9. #55419
    Coachella Junkie Sushov23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,979

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Yeah I like the EP that 2:54 put out last year. I was supposed to go to that show, big scary and big talk are good too. I was hoping for another echo show though.

  10. #55420
    The Encyclopedia bmack86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bishop, CA
    Posts
    28,184

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    They were great. If The XX and Warpaint had babies, these would be the babies.
    Is this how they're describing themselves, because Zach used the same exact description on Friday.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

  11. #55421
    old school nosurprises12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Burbank, CA
    Posts
    3,922

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Pulp @ The Fox onsale info:

    Friday, 3/30
    $50/63.90 and $60/$75.50
    http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/09...1&minorcatid=1
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto73 View Post
    I'd contribute to this discussion but I'm still busy reminiscing about the halcyon days of punk. You know, the mid-90s.

  12. #55422
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,938

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Is this how they're describing themselves, because Zach used the same exact description on Friday.
    Well at least I am not alone.

  13. #55423

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by nosurprises12 View Post
    Pulp @ The Fox onsale info:

    Friday, 3/30
    $50/63.90 and $60/$75.50
    http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/09...1&minorcatid=1
    It should be noted that the lower price is for floor!

  14. #55424
    Loveable Curmudgeon TallGuyCM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Hermosa Beach
    Posts
    20,010

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by swhite423 View Post
    It should be noted that the lower price is for floor!
    Thank god.
    9/21 - Caetano Veloso - Hollywood Bowl
    9/26 - William Basinski - Pasadena Arts Council
    9/28 - Bob Mould - Roxy (?)
    10/01 - King Crimson - Orpheum
    10/10 - Thurston Moore/Sebadoh - Echoplex (?)


    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

    Twitter, if you dare

  15. #55425
    old school choice cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    southern ca
    Posts
    3,472

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    I think this has been discussed before, but with striking out bad on Jack White recently I'm curious if going to the Beverly Center or Ritmo Latino right at 10 would get good tickets for Gotye.. Or if anyone knows of a place in Orange County that'd be pretty awesome.

    If I can get tickets to Gotye I am thinking about doing Gotye then run over to Nero at Club Nokia. I was banking on the Nero show to start at 10:00 because that is what they did when they had excision there, but it looks like 8:00 pm it is. If anyone knows whether or not they will stretch this thing until 2 please let me know!

  16. #55426
    Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DTLA, CA
    Posts
    21,396

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    I got shut out of onsales plenty of times at onsite Ticketmaster locations being first in line back when that was the only option (after waiting for hours). They use computers too. I dind't even know you could buy tickets that way anymore.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

  17. #55427
    old school choice cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    southern ca
    Posts
    3,472

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    I got shut out of onsales plenty of times at onsite Ticketmaster locations being first in line back when that was the only option (after waiting for hours). They use computers too. I dind't even know you could buy tickets that way anymore.
    Damn that makes me feel guilty never having to do that! I just figured they might be on a different system where they don't have to enter a captcha or something of that sort, giving the location the upper hand. Possibly that the time on their screen is perfectly in sync with the whole system, etc. But yeah the two places I mentioned might be the last two of a pretty much extinct breed.

    What they DO have now though are these redbox type (but smaller) self automated ticketmaster dispensers that you can purchase tickets at and have them printed out for you on the spot (as regular ticketmaster ticket stubs, NOT ticketfast). They have one at the Brea mall by my house, I've used it once but it has been awhile since then and I can't remember if it takes you through captcha. Anyone recall? I might try and make it there by friday and check it out, I will report back.

  18. #55428
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    649

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Kimbra @ Bardot, 4/16

  19. #55429
    Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    14,840

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by choice cat View Post
    What they DO have now though are these redbox type (but smaller) self automated ticketmaster dispensers that you can purchase tickets at and have them printed out for you on the spot (as regular ticketmaster ticket stubs, NOT ticketfast). They have one at the Brea mall by my house, I've used it once but it has been awhile since then and I can't remember if it takes you through captcha. Anyone recall? I might try and make it there by friday and check it out, I will report back.
    I don't think those are susceptible to scripting attacks, so no probably no captcha. probably no IP blocking if you look too many times either.

  20. #55430
    old school JorgeC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    3,414

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by choice cat View Post
    What they DO have now though are these redbox type (but smaller) self automated ticketmaster dispensers that you can purchase tickets at and have them printed out for you on the spot (as regular ticketmaster ticket stubs, NOT ticketfast). They have one at the Brea mall by my house, I've used it once but it has been awhile since then and I can't remember if it takes you through captcha. Anyone recall? I might try and make it there by friday and check it out, I will report back.
    i've never seen these, I wonder where other locations are. I know when ticketmaster struck a deal to sell tickets thru Walmart i was kind of excited since it was right after my local Ritmo Latino closed, but then i saw that the Walmart "ticket" is just a Walmart receipt with a barcode on it. A ticketfast ticket was nicer than that POS.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    9/18 Fatboy Slim@Shrine - 9/19 Poolside@Skyway Pomona - 9/22 Interpol@Fox Pomona - 9/23 La Roux@Fonda - 9/25 Simian Mobile Disco@El Rey - 9/26 Die Antwoord@Observatory - 10/8 Gus Gus@Roxy - 10/10 Twin Shadow@Glass House - 10/12,19,26 IAMX@Complex - 10/24 Placebo@Club Nokia - 10/25 Superhumanoids@Palladium - 10/27 Tycho@Glass House - 10/31 Yelle@Fonda

  21. #55431
    Coachella Junkie paulb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Woods, WI
    Posts
    18,833

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Refused:

    Sunday 7/15/2012
    8:00 pm EST Masquerade Music Park
    Atlanta, GA

    Monday 7/16/2012
    8:00 pm EST Fillmore - Silver Spring
    Silver Spring, MD

    Wednesday 7/18/2012
    6:45 pm EST Williamsburg Waterfront
    Brooklyn, NY

    Friday 7/20/2012
    8:00 pm EST House of Blues Boston
    Boston, MA

    Saturday 7/21/2012
    6:30 pm EST Metropolis
    Montreal, QC

    Sunday 7/22/2012
    9:00 pm EST Sound Academy
    Toronto, ON

    Monday 7/23/2012
    9:00 pm EST Sound Academy
    Toronto, ON

    Wednesday 7/25/2012
    7:00 pm EST Royal Oak Music Theatre
    Royal Oak, MI

    Thursday 7/26/2012
    6:30 pm CST Congress Theatre
    Chicago, IL

    http://tixx1.artistarena.com/refused/

    Tix on sale now....Chicago on sale soon/on sale on Ticketfly Friday 10am OFF! opening select dates.
    Last edited by paulb; 03-28-2012 at 08:27 AM.
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

  22. #55432
    old school Spooks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,154

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by paulb View Post
    Refused:

    Sunday 7/15/2012
    8:00 pm EST Masquerade Music Park
    Atlanta, GA

    Monday 7/16/2012
    8:00 pm EST Fillmore - Silver Spring
    Silver Spring, MD

    Wednesday 7/18/2012
    6:45 pm EST Williamsburg Waterfront
    Brooklyn, NY

    Friday 7/20/2012
    8:00 pm EST House of Blues Boston
    Boston, MA

    Saturday 7/21/2012
    6:30 pm EST Metropolis
    Montreal, QC

    Sunday 7/22/2012
    9:00 pm EST Sound Academy
    Toronto, ON

    Monday 7/23/2012
    9:00 pm EST Sound Academy
    Toronto, ON

    Wednesday 7/25/2012
    7:00 pm EST Royal Oak Music Theatre
    Royal Oak, MI

    Thursday 7/26/2012
    6:30 pm CST Congress Theatre
    Chicago, IL

    http://tixx1.artistarena.com/refused/

    Tix on sale now....Chicago on sale soon.

    You missed Philly date so I added it here! I'm guessing Williamsburg Summer Garden aka "new Waterfront location on 10th and Kent"

    ps Riot Fest...book the Descendents again! For those looking to buy tickets for Williamsburg show, go to best buy theater and you can get them without the service charges since this will probably be AEG event. Because if you get it through their presale site, it comes out to $48 for one ticket ($35 + $13) plus 4 dollars for shipping! Just realized this is the same night as Hot Chip/Gang Gang Dance in Brooklyn! Gotta love living in NY

    OFF!

    05-08 Los Angeles, CA - Whiskey a Go Go
    05-11 San Francisco, CA - Slim's
    05-14 San Diego, CA - The Casbah
    05-15 San Diego, CA - Che Cafe
    05-29 New York, NY - Bowery Ballroom
    06-02 Barcelona, Spain - Primavera Sound Festival
    07-15 Atlanta, GA - Masquerade Music Park *
    07-16 Silver Spring, MD - The Fillmore *
    07-18 Brooklyn, NY - Williamsburg Summer Garden *
    07-19 Philadelphia, PA - Penn's Landing (Riot Fest) *

    07-20 Boston, MA - House of Blues *
    07-21 Montreal, Quebec - Metropolis *
    07-22-23 Toronto, Ontario - The Sound Academy *
    07-25 Royal Oak, MI - Royal Oak Music Theater *
    07-26 Chicago, IL - Congress Theatre *

    * with Refused
    Last edited by Spooks; 03-28-2012 at 08:29 AM.

    9/18 Kode 9/Mala/DJ Spinn @ Verboten
    9/19 The Replacements @ Forest Hills Stadium
    9/19 Andy Stott/Function/Vatican Shadow/Demdike Stare @ Output
    9/20 There Will Be Blood Live @ United Palace


    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

  23. #55433
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,938

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Well, FYF Fest it is I would think at this point....

  24. #55434
    Coachella Junkie paulb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Woods, WI
    Posts
    18,833

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    oh sweet, good to know OFF is opening in Chicago. Sucks that Chicago got such a huge venue, and the rest are House of Blues and smaller type venues.
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

  25. #55435
    Coachella Junkie dorkfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    12,280

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Bass Drum of Death + DZ Deathrays present Bass Drum of DeathRAYS tour:

    06.06.12 - Bottletree - Birmingham, AL
    06.07.12 - 529 - Atlanta, GA
    06.08.12 - King's Barcade - Raleigh, NC
    06.09.12 - Red Palace - Washington, DC
    06.10.12 - Johnny Brenda's - Philadelphia, PA
    06.12.12 - Glasslands - Brooklyn, NY
    06.13.12 - Great Scott - Boston, MA
    06.14.12 - Quai Des Brumes - Montreal, QC
    06.16.12 - Shadow Lounge - Pittsburgh, PA
    06.18.12 - Magic Stick Lounge - Detroit, MI
    06.19.12 - Beachland Tavern - Cleveland, OH
    06.21.12 - The Bishop - Bloomington, IN
    06.22.12 - Schubas - Chicago, IL
    06.23.12 - Old Rock House - St. Louis, MO
    06.24.12 - Cactus Club - Milwaukee, WI
    06.25.12 - 7th Street Entry - Minneapolis, MN
    06.28.12 - Sunset - Seattle, WA
    06.29.12 - Biltmore - Vancouver, BC
    06.30.12 - Mississippi Studios - Portland, OR
    07.02.12 - Bottom of the Hill - San Francisco, CA
    07.06.12 - The Echo - Los Angeles, CA
    07.07.12 - Soda Bar - San Diego, CA
    07.08.12 - Rhythm Room - Phoenix, AZ
    07.10.12 - Mohawk (small room) - Austin, TX
    07.11.12 - Club Dada - Dallas, TX
    07.12.12 - Fitzgerald's Downstairs - Houston, TX
    07.13.12 - One Eyed Jacks - New Orleans, LA
    07.14.12 - Proud Larry's - Oxford, MS
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

  26. #55436
    sarcastic fuckoff GeezrRckr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    the oasis of reason
    Posts
    9,989

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    ^go see these guys, seriously! They are fucking awesome. I posted a bunch of vids in the SF shows thread. If you like Ty Segall, you will like these guys guaranteed. I see these guys blowing up this year after they release their follow-up to GB City.

    That is all.

  27. #55437
    Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DTLA, CA
    Posts
    21,396

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by choice cat View Post
    Damn that makes me feel guilty never having to do that! I just figured they might be on a different system where they don't have to enter a captcha or something of that sort, giving the location the upper hand. Possibly that the time on their screen is perfectly in sync with the whole system, etc. But yeah the two places I mentioned might be the last two of a pretty much extinct breed.
    hahaha I absolutely do not miss having to buy tickets in person. I spent many Saturday mornings at 8am standing in front of a Wherehouse in a big line for 10am tickets.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

  28. #55438
    Coachella Junkie getbetter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    East Palo Alto
    Posts
    8,702

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Well, FYF Fest it is I would think at this point....
    I've already asked Sean about it.
    Translation

    Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Still pretty serious about this.

    Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival 10/03 - 10/05/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Treasure Island @ Treasure Island 10/18 & 10/19/14
    Moodymann @ PW 10/25/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14


    Last.fm





  29. #55439
    old school nosurprises12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Burbank, CA
    Posts
    3,922

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    hahaha I absolutely do not miss having to buy tickets in person. I spent many Saturday mornings at 8am standing in front of a Wherehouse in a big line for 10am tickets.
    And I remember working at Wherehouse and having to deal with angry, sleepy people at 10AM demanding tickets in specific sections, something I certainly do not miss. I did, however, score some great seats to shows for myself, so I guess I can't complain that much.

    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I've already asked Sean about it.
    And.....????
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto73 View Post
    I'd contribute to this discussion but I'm still busy reminiscing about the halcyon days of punk. You know, the mid-90s.

  30. #55440
    Chest Rockwell Gribbz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    19,974

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by GeezrRckr View Post
    ^go see these guys, seriously! They are fucking awesome. I posted a bunch of vids in the SF shows thread. If you like Ty Segall, you will like these guys guaranteed.
    Good to know. I saw the name and figured it was dubstep related.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

    DJ Shadow/Cut Chemist - 9/18 - Moody Theater
    Tycho - 9/20 - Emo's
    Bonobo (DJ set) - 10/10 - The Mohawk
    Screaming Females - 10/23 - Red 7
    Caribou & Jessy Lanza - 11/23 - The Mohawk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •