Thread: James playing this year?

Default James playing this year?

Hi. I've finally joined after almost two years of lurking! What do you guys think about thr prospect of James playing this year? They've been playing a bunch of shows in the the UK, but none in the States.

They're one of my favorite bands and I would LOVE to see them again. I saw them once in 1994.

What do you guys think are the prospects of them playing in 2008?

Default Re: James playing this year?

I would enjoy them.

Quote Originally Posted by diastereo View Post
    Hi. I've finally joined after almost two years of lurking! What do you guys think about thr prospect of James playing this year? They've been playing a bunch of shows in the the UK, but none in the States.

They're one of my favorite bands and I would LOVE to see them again. I saw them once in 1994.

I saw them at WOMAD in 1993... they were excellent live. An afternoon slot on the main stage would be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    I'd rather see my own gruesome rape and subsequent beheading than see Rammstein.

I would love love love to see them.

And I seem to be following you around this board tonight, diastereo.

I don't know about the prospects but that would be cool.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

No. I don't think they should play the only song they are famous for. What ya going to do for the rest of the time!
    Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    You'd be surprised just how quickly the edge of your own sanity comes into view.

Their 'Seven' album is superb. I'd like to see them in '08.

Did they have any hit in the US other than Sit Down ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Funkaho View Post
    Man, the Beatles were overrated like gravity is overrated. ......... Say what you want, but statements like "the Beatles were overrated" make me much less likely to listen to anything you say afterward.

I don't know about hits but Laid got video-play.

He always seems to tour Europe but never over here.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

James would be great. Now allow me to share a James story:

i used to work at a radio station known as Mars Fm in the early 90's. We had a contest where we were going to take a busload of listeners to San Diego to see James. It was a fun ride down, but when we got there, found out the club was 21 and over. This left a good number on our bus unable to get in. i volunteered to stay behind and hang with the young un's. i bought some beer and we hung out until one of the band's people told us the band wanted to do something for the people who came all the way down and couldn't get in. He walked us all to the back alley way and opened up the doors so we could hear and see the show. Then Tim Booth (the singer) said "This next song is for our friends out in the alley" and James began "Sit Down". Tim went through the club, out into the alley, and sat with us for a couple of verses. It was one of the best concert moments of my life. Bonus: they gave us all t-shirts.

Oh, "Born of Frustration" was a good radio hit for them back then.
    Last edited by ivankay; 11-26-2007 at 01:17 PM.

James has lots of great songs and certainly has range to put on a great show

Id much rather see Matt Nathanson and hear his cover of Laid, in the Gobi or something than see James.
    Upcoming Shows:
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

Quote Originally Posted by ivankay View Post

i used to work at a radio station known as Mars Fm in the early 90's. We had a contest where we were going to take a busload of listeners to San Diego to see James. It was a fun ride down, but when we got there, found out the club was 21 and over. This left a good number on our bus unable to get in. i volunteered to stay behind and hang with the young un's. i bought some beer and we hung out until one of the band's people told us the band wanted to do something for the people who came all the way down and couldn't get in. He walked us all to the back alley way and opened up the doors so we could hear and see the show. Then Tim Booth (the singer) said "This next song is for our friends out in the alley" and James began "Sit Down". Tim went through the club, out into the alley, and sat with us for a couple of verses. It was one of the best concert moments of my life. Bonus: they gave us all t-shirts.

that was a great story!

I like "Out To Get You"
    Check out Sleeping is Giving in for great mixes and other cool stuff

my favs are "sometimes", "out to get you", "sit down", and "say something".

i have a FANTASTIC live version of them playing "sit down". i can upload it if anyone wants it.

WOW! great story Ivankay.
    Makes me want to see them even more.

I say bring on fuckin' James!

I only own "Laid" (the album), and it is fantastic. I would see them just to hear "Sometimes".

Quote Originally Posted by diastereo View Post

Couldn't find a post on this month old news...my federation' site says a 3 week tour starts April 10th with James and if they're already playing shows in the UK, maybe that means they'll include the US.

Quote Originally Posted by picks up chair View Post
    Couldn't find a post on this month old news...my federation' site says a 3 week tour starts April 10th with James and if they're already playing shows in the UK, maybe that means they'll include the US.
    please, please, please! that would be great! i was actually listening to them at work all day today and was sad this thread had died. thanks for bringing it back to life.

i just read this on wikipedia...

"On 7th November 2007 a James fansite announced that James had completed recording of their new studio album, due for release in early 2008, and a three-week tour to promote the album will commence on April 10 2008."

sounds promising!

Quote Originally Posted by ivankay View Post

That's a really cool story, Ivan.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths