Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How GV can totally compensate for the loss of MBV, Bowie, Radiohead, Bon Jovi

Default How GV can totally compensate for the loss of MBV, Bowie, Radiohead, Bon Jovi

PULP

And I quote:
    [Jarvis Cocker] said a reformation of Pulp, which ceased activity following 2002's acclaimed "We Love Life," is "not out of the question. I mean, we all get along. No one has died of a drug overdose. But it's not something that we're planning. And no one has driven up with a van full of cash yet."
    http://www.reuters.com/article/enter...39551920070306

Next year will be the 30th anniversary of the first incarnation of the band. Jarvis only had good things to say about the festival (not full of cunts, nobody is killing and eating each other, they were spraying water backstage to keep the dust clouds at bay, but Amy Winehouse and co. did steal his beer), it would be unexpected, and this would make up for the lack of Pulp gigs in America over the years.

Default Re: How GV can totally compensate for the loss of MBV, Bowie, Radiohead, Bon Jovi

I concur.

Default Re: How GV can totally compensate for the loss of MBV, Bowie, Radiohead, Bon Jovi

I still want MBV, Bowie, and Radiohead.

and talking heads
    as predicted by nostradamus

Hannah Montana!

I fully agree with the Pulp request.

Amneeziac

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Hannah Montana!
    Oh please, everybody knows Hannah Montana is doing a surprise performance with her father, Billy Ray, at Stagecoach.

Quote Originally Posted by matsuolost View Post
    and talking heads
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

and i missed this...so MBV ISN'T playing? link?

HÜSKER DÜ reunion

Can you hear me?

I saw Pulp perform a song on a Glastonbury Dvd I bought. It was Extremely boring =/
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Nocturnal Wonderland Saturday, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl, Festival Supreme, Coachella 2015

Memorial_07

I'd prefer if Radiohead or Bon Jovi didn't play. Bowie makes no difference. However, MBV would be incredible to see.
    I agree though for Talking Heads, Pulp.
    But I'm going to throw out White Zombie (maybe), Dead Kennedys (with Jello Biafra, this is just a thought).

Is this talk of Bon Jovi real or am I still baked from last night? WTF??????
    Check out Sleeping is Giving in for great mixes and other cool stuff

Quote Originally Posted by brando4n82 View Post
    I saw Pulp perform a song on a Glastonbury Dvd I bought. It was Extremely boring =/
    You're insane. That performance is what brought them into the big time. It's actually on the Different Class reissue that came out last year.

Not Glastonbury, but this performance is even better:

That is awesome!!

I love Pulp. Jarvis Cocker was my favorite part of Coachella last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman
    Lingo, shut the fuck up. You look like a goddamn cancer patient and your analogy is idiotic. Also, The Black Keys are unlistenable garbage, you unbelievable fucking dork.

1/18 Volcano Choir - The Fonda
    1/22 Vampire Weekend - USC
    2/14 Spiritualized - Ace Hotel
    3/8 Mark Kozelek - First Unitarian Church
    3/18 Kraftwerk - Walt Disney Concert Hall
    3/19 Kraftwerk - Walt Disney Concert Hall

www.facebook.com/mlingo

http://www.last.fm/group/Coachella+Forum

Pulp
    Coachella 2015 Food Wish List
    Food Trucks: Germany's Famous Bratwurst, Fist of Fusion, Komodo, Oooh LaLa Crepes, Ludo Truck, Seoul Sausage, Vizzi Truck, Kogi BBQ

Restaurants: L' Atelier Cafe, Pho Vu, Le Vallauris, Tropicale, Pomme Frite, Tutti Frutti Frozen Yogurt, Crave, Cafe Scandia, Swiss Donut

WORLD of BEER
    Bring Back The Following:
    KazuNori, At Night + Market Song, Beer Belly, Mexicali, Crossroads, Baco Mercat, Stumptown

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    when does set times come out?

Pulp or Prince there are quite a few things they can do.
    The White Stripes 9/18

Quote Originally Posted by Neutral Milk Hotel View Post
    I love Pulp. Jarvis Cocker was my favorite part of Coachella last year.
    Definitely. The appearance of Jarvis sealed the deal for me. If he hadn't played Coachella I would've spent the money flying to New York to see those shows.

I actually wasn't familiar with his solo stuff when I saw him (I was there to get a good spot for Sonic Youth), but it was definitely the highlight of the festival.
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman
    Lingo, shut the fuck up. You look like a goddamn cancer patient and your analogy is idiotic. Also, The Black Keys are unlistenable garbage, you unbelievable fucking dork.

1/18 Volcano Choir - The Fonda
    1/22 Vampire Weekend - USC
    2/14 Spiritualized - Ace Hotel
    3/8 Mark Kozelek - First Unitarian Church
    3/18 Kraftwerk - Walt Disney Concert Hall
    3/19 Kraftwerk - Walt Disney Concert Hall

www.facebook.com/mlingo

http://www.last.fm/group/Coachella+Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Neutral Milk Hotel View Post
    I actually wasn't familiar with his solo stuff when I saw him (I was there to get a good spot for Sonic Youth), but it was definitely the highlight of the festival.
    Fuck yes.

That Sonic Youth-Faithless-get a spot for Bjork conflict sure did suck, as did Bjork-DJ Shadow-Gogol Bordello.

But yeah, Pulp was the festival band of the late 90's/early 00's in Europe. I think I read that Jarvis prefered it to doing regular gigs.

Banned

i think they would be good addition... and whoever said husker du? that would be cool!!

Quote Originally Posted by scoop49er View Post
    i think they would be good addition... and whoever said husker du? that would be cool!!
    Not to rain on anyone's parade, but this is from an interview with the individual members of Hüsker Dü in the new issue of Filter:

Filter: Can you ever see Hüsker Dü getting back together?
    Greg Norton (bass): No, because I don't think the other two guys will ever get over their differences enough to actually even try to make it work. At this point, why would we do it, unless it was for the money grab? We're not the Pixies.
    Grant Hart (drums/vocals): I wouldn't do what the Pixies did.
    Bob Mould (guitar/vocals): Definitely not.

Sounds fairly definitive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riggins33 View Post
    Hey rubber toe, it's a message board not a English essay. NERD

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

srsly...not having Radiohead and MBV, GV really needs something...though Pulp by themselves wouldn't do it for everyone....how about Pulp and Boc?
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

I would love to see Pulp. Especially after seeing that video. That was freaking awesome.

Jarvis was one of my highlights from last year, and it sounded as though he was ready to play some of Pulp's more well known songs at the end of his set, but the Outdoor Stage sound system just wasn't cooperating, so they just did some more solo stuff.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

I just got finished watching The Story of Common People (good documentary, available on purelivegigs.com) and though, if we did get Pulp... and I mean IF, because we're talking a dream here... what line-up would you want?

at the time they split they were Jarvis (duh), Mark Webber (guitar), Steve Mackey (bass), Candida Doyle (keyboard), and Nick Banks (drums). this was the lineup for This Is Hardcore and We Love Life.

but the Different Class era had Russell Senior on guitar and violin. Mark Webber didn't join until Russell left. I believe they had the same line-up for His 'n' Hers.

given the upset over the pumpkins line-up, and even over the drummer for Led Zeppelin, people are obviously very attached to the original cast. but which, in this case, would people ask for? would you be upset if you got one instead of the other?

(I didn't bother going into line-ups before His 'n' Hers, because it's difficult to trace. and I doubt anyone will be yelling for the *original* Pulp members.)

Please understand. We don't want no trouble. We just want the right to be different. That's all.
    Last edited by shakermaker113; 11-25-2007 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    I just got finished watching The Story of Common People (good documentary, available on purelivegigs.com) and though, if we did get Pulp... and I mean IF, because we're talking a dream here... what line-up would you want?

at the time they split they were Jarvis (duh), Mark Webber (guitar), Steve Mackey (bass), Candida Doyle (keyboard), and Nick Banks (drums). this was the lineup for This Is Hardcore and We Love Life.

but the Different Class era had Russell Senior on guitar and violin. Mark Webber didn't join until Russell left. I believe they had the same line-up for His 'n' Hers.

given the upset over the pumpkins line-up, and even over the drummer for Led Zeppelin, people are obviously very attached to the original cast. but which, in this case, would people ask for? would you be upset if you got one instead of the other?

(I didn't bother going into line-ups before His 'n' Hers, because it's difficult to trace. and I doubt anyone will be yelling for the *original* Pulp members.)
    Good question. But I don't think most people would mind that much either way since the lineups changed quite frequently. Candida Doyle and Steve Mackey would be a given, since both played with Jarvis on his solo tour. I can't believe I just found out the other day that Mackey produced the first M.I.A. album.

So why is Radiohead being considered "out"....Is it becasue they have stated they will start their tour in May?.....If anything, i think that gives them a better chance of being in the lineup.....
    aaaaaahhhgagagagagagagagoooooooo

pulp!!!!

Bon Jovi? are you serious?

If Pulp really gets to play at Coachella and plays "Mile End" I will totally shit in pants... and die... happy...
    select * from coachella_lineup where year='2009'

MBV, Bowie, and Radiohead > Pulp
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what