Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hotel nightmares

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

Thumbs down hotel nightmares

well, i have had some pretty bad hotel experiences, so i thought maybe it would be good to start a thread where people can complain about their hotels. if this isn't allowed or something, i do apologize

--------------------------------------------------

i will start by complaining about the deluxe inn. i stayed there in 2005. we stayed three nights. first, this place was advertised as a "suite" with three beds, a couch, a tv and a kitchen. we paid about $200 a night for this place too.

when we got there though, the kitchen literally had roaches all over it and food messes from previous occupants. also, not that we were looking to risk it, but i don't believe the kitchen appliances even worked (besides the fridge, that worked).

also, they said there would be a couch; however instead there was some disgusting loveseat with an even more disgusting blanket thrown over it. the bathroom was also nasty and had a hole kicked in the wall.

they also tried to tack on extra "fees". there was a "remote control" fee and they tried to charge us extra for additional people over 4 people; however the room has three beds and i told them there would be 6 people from the get-go. the lady behind the counter seemed to live in the back and didn't speak much english, so she called her manager, who spoke english a little better, but not by much.

the manager drove over and argued with me for like an hour. it was really hard to understand what she was saying. within that time, three different groups of people came by and cancelled their reservations. i guess their rooms were even worse than ours, they were given bunk beds.

and the best part was they had a sign that said "no PHON service", lololol. at any rate, i do not recommend this hotel to anyone and i wanted to share my story here.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Default Re: hotel nightmares

Charming. Cheap hotels in areas like this are meth labs and brothels the rest of the year, so they gotta make more money somehow.

looking at that picture you should have known better than to stay at that hooker hotel.

Sunset Inn = very bad

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eyeluvmusik View Post
    looking at that picture you should have known better than to stay at that hooker hotel.
    unfortunately, i booked this through that coachella hotel 800 number, i was not able to see the hotel in advance.

and i understand they have to make money, but take five minutes to clean up the place first, at LEAST, christ. there's no need to charge anything over the $200 a night for a place like that, NONE AT ALL.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

I know, it's so disgusting. Did you trash the room? Not that they would have noticed.

Pictures are deceiving. The place we stayed at in 06 looked charming and clean from the outside. Twas not the case inside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yablonowitz View Post

I want to be on the forefront of change, so when the nippless revolution starts, I'm going to lead the charge.

the 6 and travelodge are nice decent places. the indio motel 6 is scary. BUT SECURITY IS TIGHT THERE.

I hope no one has anything bad to say about Palm Shadow Inn in Indio. If so speak now so I can cancel before I'm charged!

Our crappy hotel was the Royal Plaza Inn, aka "Indio's Finest Hotel". What a load of bunk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yablonowitz View Post

I want to be on the forefront of change, so when the nippless revolution starts, I'm going to lead the charge.

Banned

independent hotels always creep me out. the 6 always i know what im getting. cheap but u get a bed and a shower and decent living for just a place to crash.

The Courtyard in Palm Springs was great although pricey at $280 a night

Quote Originally Posted by airguitarvet View Post
    the indio motel 6 is scary. BUT SECURITY IS TIGHT THERE.
    That was my experience as well. This year I'm upgrading to the Best Western.

ok well i live in indio and a word of advise... if u see a hotel with the address street... Indio Blvd. dont stay there! those are the hooker hotels... unless its motel 6.... it looks alot safer now since they built the gate all around... my best choices are in La Quinta, Indian Wells, or Palm Desert... cuz its not far and trust me alot safer and cleaner!

doesnt seem to actually be any cheap hotels available anyway. i just made reservations at the miramonte resort and spa in indian wells. $259 a night with AAA for 2 queen room for 4 people. not bad and the place looks soooooo nice, well it a resort so yeah.

Soaking in a spa, enjoying a nightcap with other concert goers after a day at the polo grounds was one of my greatest pleasures last Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by €uroMeinke View Post
    Soaking in a spa, enjoying a nightcap with other concert goers after a day at the polo grounds was one of my greatest pleasures last Coachella
    yeah that sounds ideal to me, im stoked we have a nice place

Banned

knowing me im gonna be rocking and drinking all day so at nite its crash time so my nightcap will be snoring away the beer!

The past two years I have been lucky enough to join a group who rents a vacation rental in Palm Springs. This place is immaculate! Previously owned by Marilyn Monroe, with 4 rooms and two poolhouse bungaloes. I believe we had around 10-12 people pitching in and it was around $150-$200 TOTAL per person.

If you have a group, this is the way to go.

Just a tip - check out this site for reviews, so you'll hear what the real deal is straight from people who actually stayed there: www.tripadvisor.com.

Last year I actually had read some decent reviews of a hotel in Palm Desert (I think it might have been a Comfort Inn?) and booked it - right before the festival I took another look and read SEVERAL reviews about all the roaches, so fortunately I had time to cancel and rebook in Palm Springs (Wyndham 1 night and Hotel Zoso the other - not cheap but would highly recommend both). Staying in Palm Springs was a highlight for me - being able to relax and hang out in the pool in the morning, grab some breakfast downtown, etc. - made a much more enjoyable trip than staying in a roach-infested hellhole each night.

Lurker

We (Desert Oasis) are the largest hotel accomodations service for the desert area. We also are very select in the hotels we represent, thus horror stories like this are never results of our clients!

For reservations, you may call 800-615-7805
    -Cortney

Lurker

There were drug dealers a few rooms down and junkies all over lol

it was the restort at palm springs

and i heard it got featured on cops lol

Uh-oh. Why is the Motel 6 in Indio scary? I wanted to book the Best Western, like I did last year, but they want almost $300 a night!
    Yeah, well, luck pushed me first.

No one has any explanation as to why Motel 6 in Indio is "scary?" Is it 'I'm gonna get jacked by the gangstas running their drugs & hos out of parking lot' scary? Or 'the meth lab someone is running out of room 106 might blow up' scary? Or 'the roaches are so big they have their own weather systems' scary?

offtopic!

i stayed in a hotel once, and when we got there at like midnight, the clerk asked (3 males) "are you staying the night? cuz if not the room will be cheaper."

then when we got in the room, there was cat shit in the closet. and a bunch other awful things.

that wasn't anywhere near california, tho.

The Motel 6 is Indio is OK. The beds are kind of lumpy, but I never saw any bugs, and it seemed reasonably clean. The freeway noise is rather loud as it is RIGHT off the I-10. Last year they gave out little swag bags to coachella-goers.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    The Motel 6 is Indio is OK. The beds are kind of lumpy, but I never saw any bugs, and it seemed reasonably clean. The freeway noise is rather loud as it is RIGHT off the I-10. Last year they gave out little swag bags to coachella-goers.

Well, that doesn't seem so scary. Whew. I was worried. Thanks, amyzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Quote Originally Posted by judila View Post
    Uh-oh. Why is the Motel 6 in Indio scary?
    I've stayed there a couple times. It's not horrendous, but it is definitely run down. Both times, the rooms have reeked of stale cigarettes, and both times there have been unidentifiable stains on the carpet and blankets. The fitted bed sheet also had a few smallish holes in it, exposing the mattress.

This is gonna be awesome...

!!!!!!!!111111111
    Music Is Crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    I've stayed there a couple times. It's not horrendous, but it is definitely run down. Both times, the rooms have reeked of stale cigarettes, and both times there have been unidentifiable stains on the carpet and blankets. The fitted bed sheet also had a few smallish holes in it, exposing the mattress.
    Looks like I'm bringing my own sheets and pillows and wearing flip flops in the room...