Thread: Animal Collective is teasing me with...

Default Animal Collective is teasing me with...

hey all...

I just wanted to write a little about what's going on for us in AC land. Aside from the fact that im still a bit ill with a throat infection (fever is gone phew ). We've finally reached the end of our 2007 touring. It was a long one but we had tons of fun playing the shows and basically just want to say thanks and thanks again to everyone that came out and checked out the show. Also i want to say thanks to geo and panda for saving the day when i was at my lowest and to those who understood the situation and sat back and enjoyed.....or danced...i saw you guys in dublin!

A few interesting tidbits to note. While we were in sweet Europe we had a chance to film a "take away show" with vincent moon which is currently in the editing process and (I think) it should be cool if it ends up being ok to use. Be on the look out. Also... we recorded three songs in london for a bbc radio show which i believe will air in a couple of weeks...this will include our more recent live versions of Doggy and Heylight plus two newer jams (but not any of the songs we played live on this tour). It would be cool if i could remember what the show was called huh? oh well...

Moving further into the future...brian, josh, and I are going into rare book room next week to finish mixing an ep with Nicholas which will include Street Flash and three other songs that are apart of the strawberry jam era. Cant say when this will be released but we hope it will be around next spring.

oh yeaaahh... as you have seen we are playing ATP in may (thats the Explosions In The Sky show i believe) and hopefully doing some other european shows around that not to mention playing a few shows in japan (in march) and perhaps playing at least one show in april in the USA....

we're making plans now to record early next year but there's not much more to say about that except that we are excited about it and that yes, we are trying to record near the beach!

Finally....we are finally finishing up our website and should have something new up by december with lots of fun things and sweet jams to check out (fingers crossed)...oh yeah and plans to start working on the artwork for the 3 lp box are underway too so hopefully it wont be much longer on that either...but don't email catsup plate about it just yet...we will let you know when its just about ready

hope all is well...feel good

dave

Default Re: Animal Collective is teasing me with...

Sorry man. You are a little too late...

Quote Originally Posted by dorkfish View Post
    Animal Collective looks mildly promising:

as you have seen we are playing ATP in may (thats the Explosions In The Sky show i believe) and hopefully doing some other european shows around that not to mention playing a few shows in japan (in march) and perhaps playing at least one show in april in the USA....

Though that could technically mean that they'll play Stubb's or a barn in Idaho.
    It does seem like there is a very good chance Animal Collective will be there next year though.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.