Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bands who will not be at Coachella

Default Bands who will not be at Coachella

I'm going to edit this post, so all of the inevitable garbage below this one will be mostly irrelevant. That's to not say that you're unimportant. Feel free to add to this list.

Ministry (on tour):
    April, 25 - Atlanta, GA - Masquerade
    April, 26 - Baltimore, MD - Rams Head Live
    April, 27 - Worcester, MA - Palladium
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

Default Re: Bands who will not be at Coachella

Radiohead (because Dani said so)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

this could take an awfully long time.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofhal View Post
    Radiohead (because Dani said so)
    I don't roll with hearsay, just tour dates.
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

i feel like it's a bit early for this.

i don't understand why everyone is taking what psychic friend said to heart.
    just because she's a moderator? please.....

everyone is saying that radiohead ALWAYS tours europe first, and maybe they ALWAYS do.

but have they always released their new album via internet, allowing you to choose your own price? no. so why say they wouldn't do something completely different this time around i.e. play the US first?

Coachella Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by microlovebeat View Post
    i don't understand why everyone is taking what psychic friend said to heart.
    just because she's a moderator? please.....
    It's not because she's a moderator, but because she actually works for GV. Usually whatever she says is bound to have some credibility behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    It's not because she's a moderator, but because she actually works for GV. Usually whatever she says is bound to have some credibility behind it.

true but if she's so protective about not giving any hints as to who's confirmed, why would she be so apt to say who's not going to being there?

it just seems a little weird to me. i think she's just having fun jerking our chains.......i think radiohead will be there.
    Last edited by microlovebeat; 11-14-2007 at 02:28 PM.

im nto leaning either way on the radiohead thing. just waiting to see the poster. and by waiting to see the poster, i mean after 3 weeks the poster has come out ill believe its finished (massive attack, daft) 06
    http://blogs.1077theend.com/internbryce/

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyNonStranger View Post
    I bet all those Canucks fans from last year would love it if Mumford & Sons headlined.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    It is good rioting music.

radio head will not be there. why doesn't every one realize this all ready
    Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    Make up rumors of who's playing > keep track of who's confirmed > whine about where the lineup is > lineup announced! > bitch about how the lineup sucks > whine about what bands will be added > bands finally added! > whine about where set times are > set times finally announced! > bitch about how set times suck > goto show > come back and say Coachella was best ever! > start rumors for next year

ya ok..
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

how about all of you can laugh at me if they're not there, and i can laugh at you if they are?

I am going to believe Dani on this one. Although it would be pretty funny if Radiohead did end up on the line up. Then she could laugh at us all.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

bon jovi- 4-24-Tn,4/26-Fl,4/27- Fl. even though this would never happen (just that he has friday open scares me)
    Make up rumors of who's playing > keep track of who's confirmed > whine about where the lineup is > lineup announced! > bitch about how the lineup sucks > whine about what bands will be added > bands finally added! > whine about where set times are > set times finally announced! > bitch about how set times suck > goto show > come back and say Coachella was best ever! > start rumors for next year

The Police.

I love laughing. roxanneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

Quote Originally Posted by mvanwinkle View Post
    bon jovi- 4-24-Tn,4/26-Fl,4/27- Fl. even though this would never happen (just that he has friday open scares me)
    is this a shot at me? ill take it personal.
    Upcoming Shows:
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

Quote Originally Posted by mvanwinkle View Post
    radio head will not be there. why doesn't every one realize this all ready
    I don't think they will be there, but I just Can't Imagine what the three headliners could possibly be if not repeater headliners. This is if you don't count MBV or Portishead as headliners.
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Nocturnal Wonderland Saturday, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl, Festival Supreme, Coachella 2015

Quote Originally Posted by paulb View Post
    is this a shot at me? ill take it personal.
    paulb that was not a direct shot towards you. it was the only shows I saw in the time frame on ticketmaster that I saw possible besides avril l. but she wasnt even worth mentioning. didn't you say you didn't even want to go to that show you jsut were being nice and buying tix for a friend? or am i thinking of someone else?

Quote Originally Posted by microlovebeat View Post
    true but if she's so protective about not giving any hints as to who's confirmed, why would she be so apt to say who's not going to being there?

it just seems a little weird to me. i think she's just having fun jerking our chains.......i think radiohead will be there.
    To spare us the disappointment and gv the inevitable "OMG TEH LINEUP SUXXXX!" threads when Radiohead isn't on the poster. If Radiohead were actually playing or were currently negotiating, she'd just not make any statements about it like with every other band.

So at this point, EVERY band except Ministry, Radiohead, Bon Jovi & The Smiths are a possibility ..............

Yay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Funkaho View Post
    Man, the Beatles were overrated like gravity is overrated. ......... Say what you want, but statements like "the Beatles were overrated" make me much less likely to listen to anything you say afterward.

Memorial_07

Quote Originally Posted by dorkfish View Post
    I'm going to edit this post, so all of the inevitable garbage below this one will be mostly irrelevant. That's to not say that you're unimportant. Feel free to add to this list.

Ministry (on tour):
    April, 25 - Atlanta, GA - Masquerade
    April, 26 - Baltimore, MD - Rams Head Live
    April, 27 - Worcester, MA - Palladium
    Damnit Dorkfish, you stole what I was going to put down. Well, I shouldn't be surprised Ministry isn't playing.
    But however, we all the Smiths won't be playing!
    And hopefully Radiohead won't!!!

Memorial_07

Oh, and just curious...
    Who's Dani?

No Cure.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    To spare us the disappointment and gv the inevitable "OMG TEH LINEUP SUXXXX!" threads when Radiohead isn't on the poster. If Radiohead were actually playing or were currently negotiating, she'd just not make any statements about it like with every other band.
    oh trust me......i'd still go even if radiohead wasn't there. one band certainly isn't going to be a make or break for me. i like them, but hopes of them being there aren't the sole reason i'm going to buy a ticket.

it was just weird how she said it.......extremely matter of factly...too matter of factly.

i think it's just that she doesn't like radiohead and/or is sick of everyone (like me) speculating/talking/nutting themselves at the notion of radiohead possibly being there.

i don't nut myself to thom yorke though.

Outside of Radiohead, I can't think of another "headliner" that I would be interested in. At this point, Coachella has already used up so many of the contemporary bands that fit headlining the festival. My assumption (until proven wrong) is that every headliner has to be sellable on the major So. Cal rock stations. So in my opinion, White Stripes seems pretty plausible. Foo Fighters would be a huge disappointment. In regards to No Doubt or Green Day, sickening.

But I think the formula takes away the possibility of Bowie or Prince altogether.

05 NIN, 06 Tool, 07 Rage.....we are due another heavy headliner. System of a Down? Ozzy? Black Sabbath? Marilyn Manson? Korn?
    Upcoming Shows:

Sasquatch Festival

out of those options system of a down. i would really like to see them if one headlining slot was dedicated to a heavy band this year again.

holy shit i hope there isn't a metal headliner.

Quote Originally Posted by garrett222 View Post
    05 NIN, 06 Tool, 07 Rage.....we are due another heavy headliner. System of a Down? Ozzy? Black Sabbath? Marilyn Manson? Korn?
    Do any of those other acts seem like Coachella type acts? Rage, Tool and NIN each have distinguising acts that make it acceptable for them to headline Coachella.
    SOAD are on hiatus now anyways. Ozzy? Definately not. Korn? DEFINATELY not. Marilyn Manson? Weirdly enough... I can see him at Coachella. Definately not as a headliner though. I cant really see him on the mainstage. I can see him closing the outdoor theatre. God would that ever be fucked up though...
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.