Page 3 of 277 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS4 - WII U - XBone - PS3 - 360 - WII

Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS3 - 360 - WII

Quote Originally Posted by theburiedlife View Post
    Has anyone bought Assassins Creed Yet? I've been too busy recycling ranks in prestige(Call of duty 4) to notice.
    Yeah I want to hear about the actual gameplay
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

Fuck all yall Neo-Geo!
    I miss Bill Hicks.

I've been playing the Uncharted demo a lot. That game's like so sweet and stuff and junk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nipples View Post
    if i had 1200 bucks id buy another guitar, or a bunch of pot...

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Someones bitter...

I think nostalgic is a better word.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    this is fantastic news...we can all fist ourselves in peace now...
    http://www.last.fm/user/theburydlife

2011 Wishlist: Soviet Soviet, Swans, Heroin and Your Veins, Lower Dens, The December Sound, Scarlet Youth, Faunts, Bad Lieutenant, The Besnard Lakes, The Raveonettes, Screen Vinyl Image, Sway

Quote Originally Posted by SojuGorae View Post
    I've been playing the Uncharted demo a lot. That game's like so sweet and stuff and junk.
    I went this evening and reserved a copy. There will be some upcoming drowsy days at work I predict.
    The Glitter Freeze

I sold my 360 over the summer for a lack of games. And also cause I had recently quit my job at gamestop which had pretty much got me back into video games, but Im gonna buy a 360 again within the next month. I wanna play Halo 3, I only played the beta when I had my 360. Skate is really fun, and I loved call of duty 3 so 4 would be fun. Also the orange box seems really cool.

I also wanna get a ps3, since the price kinda dropped, mainly because itll have other uses besides games, like a blue ray player. But if I get one, it wont be till metal gear 4 comes out.

And fuck the wii, i had one when i worked at gamestop and sold it like a month later.

I love my PSP! I have a 4gb memory card for it, so I put lots of video on there. I currently have the most recent series of Entourage and a bunch of Heroes episodes to watch, plus a couple of albums worth of mp3s. Plus I think it has some GREAT games (Syphon Filter, Need For Speed, Pro Evo...) and the internet / wireless is good too!
    "The first time I heard the new single off the Bravery album, I actually cried, and I do not even remember the name of that damn song. It reminded me of this girl I am in love with." - kroqken

Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    No, you don't need a 50 in screen to enjoy HD. I've got a 42 in and it looks great. But the difference between 720 and 1080, vis a vis progressive scanning is really only noticable on screens of larger size, like 50 inches and up. Unless you have a Pioneer Elite. Those things are sexy.

I love when I can use vis a vis in a sentance and it works.
    yeah i had a 32 inch lcd and switching from a standard tv, made my games just look amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Stefinitely Maybe View Post
    I love my PSP! I have a 4gb memory card for it, so I put lots of video on there. I currently have the most recent series of Entourage and a bunch of Heroes episodes to watch, plus a couple of albums worth of mp3s. Plus I think it has some GREAT games (Syphon Filter, Need For Speed, Pro Evo...) and the internet / wireless is good too!
    i had a psp, i only had vice city stories and metal gear portable opps, pretty cool playing MG online, but the game was kind of annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by All That I Am View Post
    C Dub Ya, I already own an xbox 360 and a wii, but I see no reason to pick up a ps3 even though i have the money laying around. There aren't any original games besides Metal Gear that I'd be interested in playing. It seems like everything that was supposed to be ps3 exclusive comes out on 360 too.
    its useful id say for the blue ray cause thats obviously gonna over take hd-dvd sadly, and i liked the wii for the web browser which would be cool for the ps3, im sure the ps3 will start to pick up pace next year. but yeah metal gear is the only reason as of now, and ratchet and clank is really fun

oh and i forgot about killzone, when i had my ps2 me and my dad finally figured out how to get online with it, man it would just be killzone all night

Quote Originally Posted by Stefinitely Maybe View Post
    I have the net on my phone, and i have an Archos for the TV downloads. I will probably grab another PSP at some point, but it still hasn't really grabbed me. The DS games tend to be a lot more original, and not just PS2 games on a tiny screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Quote Originally Posted by Steez View Post
    oh and i forgot about killzone, when i had my ps2 me and my dad finally figured out how to get online with it, man it would just be killzone all night

Yeah, KIllzone 2 will be the one game that everyone from every system is going to drool over, graphics with no equal, plus amazing gameplay from what E3 had to say... let's hope they don't drag the release out. Amazon has it listed with no release date, I've heard it's slated for Holiday of next year.

The PS3 graphics engine is being pushed for the first time just on the enviro-physics in this thing, truely unbelievable.

The below footage is from E3 2007, and contains actual gameplay.

there is some amazing footage ( anice long behind the scenes walk thru) here:

WOW!

Last edited by C DUB YA; 11-15-2007 at 06:45 AM.
    The Glitter Freeze

yeah, i forgot when i saw the actual gameplay, i think the actual gameplay for metal gear is just amazing, so much added to it

It will be fun to watch them add new Metal Gear stuff. One of the reasons for the delay is the simple fact they want to get it perfect, which I'd rather have than a early realease that doesn't live up to my expectations. I'm all about the developers taking their time on both Metal Gear and Killzone 2 - but it looks like both are coming in 2008!

PS3 looks better and better as time goes on and the games worth owning, start to trickle in. My 360 will get plenty of use in the meantime, I still sort of worried about the longevity of the Wii, but all 3 are fun, and in that case we all win, right?

4 days till PS3's: UNCHARTED DRAKE'S FORTUNE!
    Last edited by C DUB YA; 11-15-2007 at 06:51 AM.
    The Glitter Freeze

well i have had my ps3 since they first came out, and i still cant get my sound to work .... canx**>ps3 .... canx**
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

check your setting on the set up menu. - depending on how you hooked it up - you have to change it - I had that happen when switched over and used the HDMI cable.
    The Glitter Freeze

Quote Originally Posted by C DUB YA View Post
    check your setting on the set up menu. - depending on how you hooked it up - you have to change it - I had that happen when switched over and used the HDMI cable.
    yea, i did that a couple of times .. i thought maybe it was just broken, but at one time i had analog sound coming out ... so i hooked up my hdmi to a lcd, the pic is awesome, and still no sound ... so i tried a mix of optic, analog, component, and hdmi .... grrrr i am not that stupid ... tnx for the advice though c dub ya ... canx**
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

C DUB YA, everytime I play a PS3 game, the screen on my HDTV shows a flash of static and makes an annoying tear-like sound before loading the game, is there a way I can get rid of that? It's really an insignificant annoyance, but regardless it's still pretty damn annoying.

Is it a problem with my HDMI cable? Currently, that's what I'm suspecting.

Apologies for riding on Cane's coattails with my PS3 problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nipples View Post
    if i had 1200 bucks id buy another guitar, or a bunch of pot...

C DUB YA - Please tell me Sony is compensating you.
    EDIT: Not for fixing people's problems but because of your incessant promotion.
    Last edited by adamnikyo; 11-15-2007 at 09:00 AM.

yeah, im kinda wondering about all the bold and stuff

but xbox 360 is waaaay better than the ps3

xbox live alone kills it, ps3 only has like 2 games worth buying right now for it, 360 its like

Gears Of War
    Halo 3
    Rainbow Six Vegas, which sucked on ps3
    call of duty 3, which also sucked on ps3
    crackdown was pretty fun for a while
    and saints row is better than any gta that has been out thus far, i dont know if it came out for ps3 yet, but 360 had it at launch

ps3 has
    resistance, which i heard was alright
    and motorstorm which got lame quick

and i dont know if this was brought up yet but a sony sponsored review gave super mario galaxy a terrible review, even though everyone else said it was like amazing

when i worked at gamestop the only thing the sony rep would talk about is blueray and he was a complete idiot

Quote Originally Posted by adamnikyo View Post
    C DUB YA - Please tell me Sony is compensating you.
    EDIT: Not for fixing people's problems but because of your incessant promotion.
    I promote all systems - I really do like them all.

Here: look at my presonal hardware history. (I know this is outing me as a geek)

1. Intellisvion
    2. Colecovision
    3. NES
    4. Super NES
    5. Sega Genesis
    6. N64
    7. Dreamcast
    8. PS1
    9. PS2
    10. Xbox
    11. Xbox 360
    12. PS3
    13. Wii

I am equally a 360 and Nintendo (less these days) man. The thing is nobody bashes the 360, or the Wii (which every mother seems to love), I could defintiely complain about those systems, but why would I? I like the PS3 just fine, have had not one problem with it, and enjoy (the few) games I have to this point. Most of the (web) bashing comes from MS/Nintendo fanboys.

If this thread seems Sony heavy - it's mainly cause we are post Halo 3 time. Nothing really big in the 360 cannon anytime soon, as Halo was the major weapon. When you look at the future of the systems like a year or two out, 360 has Gears 2, and that's about it for known killer exclusives. For example, PS3's Uncharted Drakes Fortune comes out this week, and that is reason for PS3 owners to be excited. It's not on 360 or Wii, so, there ya go. We (Wii) could talk about Mario Galaxy, it's rather new and a system mover (they really don't need one) for Nintendo this holiday. I like Galaxy very much, but I need to play it more.
    Last edited by C DUB YA; 11-15-2007 at 10:24 AM.
    The Glitter Freeze

yeah, im kinda wondering about all the bold and stuff

but xbox 360 is waaaay better than the ps3

xbox live alone kills it, ps3 only has like 2 games worth buying right now for it, 360 its like

Gears Of War
    Halo 3
    Rainbow Six Vegas, which sucked on ps3
    call of duty 3, which also sucked on ps3
    crackdown was pretty fun for a while
    and saints row is better than any gta that has been out thus far, i dont know if it came out for ps3 yet, but 360 had it at launch

ps3 has
    resistance, which i heard was alright
    and motorstorm which got lame quick

and i dont know if this was brought up yet but a sony sponsored review gave super mario galaxy a terrible review, even though everyone else said it was like amazing

when i worked at gamestop the only thing the sony rep would talk about is blueray and he was a complete idiot
    I disagree with most of this.

1. 360 is not waaaaay better, it's better, but that is mostly based on library of software, not system potential, not periphal capability, etc... Xbox Live is indeed better - but again they've had a few more years to make it so, and a broader customer base to rely on. It will cost you though, Wii (somewhat) and PS3 are trying to nix that business model and create communties that are based on gaming interaction - not just mass subscription services.

2. PS3 has more than 2 games worth buying: Resistance (is very good), Ratchet & Clank, Motostorm, Uncharted (tomorrow), Heavenly Sword... for starters. Tiger Woods 08 looks better on PS3, and I think that is worth owning.

3. Call of Duty sucked on both systems, Saint's Row was a 360 exclusive, 360 has a year and half on PS3 and Wii, so titles at 360's launch don't compare, because developers only had one system to develop for at that time. Games Like Rainbow Six and the latest Madden have a frame rate advantage (due to the way the programmers developed it) and thus they both look and play better on 360, no doubt about it.

4. About the Sony Sponsored Mario review - which I haven't seen. I would figure as much, I did read the MS review of the PS3 hardware and it was scathing, as were their comments on Resistance. Nintendo bashes both Sony and MS for not creating new gaming experiences, or their lack of family based games, yadda yadda yadda, all 3 are guilty of slinging some mud, it's very big business. Galaxy is really good by the way.

5. I can understand why a Sony rep would talk about Blu Ray - they are kinda banking on it to the tune of miliions and millions of dollars. It's an amazing tech, that, may end up being a wonderful win for the consumer, based on gaming alone, the space and processing power it can handle gives it a natual leg up, the movies are a nice benefit too, but that's another story.

6. I'm bolding or using italics on all titles, on all systems.
    Last edited by C DUB YA; 11-15-2007 at 10:27 AM.
    The Glitter Freeze

based on my experiance, 360 is much better, better prices if you're not using it to download a bunch of movies, playstation has potential but right now they arent doing jack to show it, besides on maybe a couple games that are out

when i worked at gamestop we always had people trading in ps3s for a 360 or wii, the wii also sucks balls, just a gimmick. when i worked at gamestop we'd have more traded in ps3s then we could keep in the locker. and from what the ex co-workers tell me, its the same story. we had one guy that bought a ps3 3 times, trying his hardest to hold on to it, but always bringing it back.

sony is trying to wow people with features, in terms of gaming not gimmicks such as blue ray players, or other stuff, 360 kills the ps3. even a year after the ps3 came out its still not worth picking up.

when digg comes back online you can see the sony review on mario

Quote Originally Posted by SojuGorae View Post
    C DUB YA, everytime I play a PS3 game, the screen on my HDTV shows a flash of static and makes an annoying tear-like sound before loading the game, is there a way I can get rid of that? It's really an insignificant annoyance, but regardless it's still pretty damn annoying.

Is it a problem with my HDMI cable? Currently, that's what I'm suspecting.

Apologies for riding on Cane's coattails with my PS3 problems.
    I would guess it might be a surge problem, usually thru said cable. If it's when the game itself launches - it might be something else. Try launching the game with the disc already in the system.
    The Glitter Freeze

The 360 has hit the ceiling of what it can do, the Wii is already getting close to the same situation.
    Hey, you know how when someone asks a blind person what it's like to not see - like, is it all white, or is it all black - they can't tell you, because they don't even know the difference between black and white, having always been blind?
    When you're a fucking retard, like yourself, can you use that excuse for not knowing anything?

The PS3 however is the one system, yet to flex any real muscle.
    I just want to quote you here to establish the theme of this entire little thread you've created, i.e., The Thread Where C DUB YA Desperately and Repeatedly Tries to Justify His Purchase of a PS3 / Tries to Convince Others to Buy One.

Also the Playstation online network, while not as rich as XBOX Live
    That's quite the fucking understatement.

beacuse by that time, PS3 and Wii, will have some firepower of their own (most likely)
    You keep your hopes up. One day it'll all be worth it.

IF you meant PS3 - they are NOT a lot either - for what you get.
    It doesn't matter what you get if you don't want it. I can sell you $50 worth of human hair for $1. So fucking what? It can play BluRay? Awesome, that'll be a neat feature when BluRay becomes obsolete as every other Sony proprietary format has.

The PSP and PS3 prices for xmas is crazy good. Wow!
    I'm sold!
    Wait...no I'm not!

looks like Dual Shock controllers are coming back as a option for the PS3
    Looks like? Let me break out the wallet right now for what the future may or may not hold.

GTA4 will most likely be identical out of the box - additional online content however will most likely differ.
    I like how, when something MIGHT happen for the PS3, or a game is SUPPOSED to be really great WHEN it comes out, you're pissing yourself in excitement. But when something is CONFIRMED by the developer - yes, Take Two has repeatedly said that the 360 is getting EXCLUSIVE episodic content for GTAIV - it's "most likely".

The PS3 - on paper - is way more powerful.
    Explain that. In detail. Seriously.
    Don't just say "because it has the Cell processor", because that doesn't mean anything, not even on paper. The PS3 and the 360 both have multiple core processors and very different ways of handling memory. Higher numbers don't mean more power. Tell me why the PS3 is more powerful.

...if i'd have to guess I'd say Blu Ray - purely on higher profile titles (esp Disney) and the amount stores like Best Buy and Circuit City have decided to carry, and dedicate shelf space to.

Both currently dedicate more racks and space to Blu Ray.
    Shelf allocation differs by city. HD-DVD players have been as low as $99.
    Walmart isn't going to carry BluRay hardware this Christmas.
    Are you sure BluRay has "higher profile" titles? Is that why the #1 selling HD title is Transformers on HD-DVD?

Bigger issue might be gaming in general and the size contraints HD-DVD has. A Game like Heavenly Sword could not be done on HD-DVD, purely on space.
    What "size constraints" are you referring to? BluRay is current certified at double layer, 50GB discs, HD-DVD just certified triple layer, 51GB discs.
    Heavenly Sword is 25GB of data, over 10GB of that is uncompressed audio in multiple languages. All BluRay has done for gaming at this point is make developers too lazy to use compression.

...same could be said for the really good exclusives for 360 though (Gears, Halos, Bioshock, PGR)... after those, you have a bigger library, that comes an equal amount of crap.
    Go check metacritic.com right now and compare scores between libraries.

..then you'll have Killzone 2 - which might be the killer game of next year.
    Yes, and some game for the 360 coming out sometime in the future MIGHT include a real Baby Jesus in the packaging. What you're saying means absolutely nothing.

Here's your reason to pick up a PS3 this holiday - check it:
    STOP TRYING TO SELL PS3'S YOU ASSHOLE.

Yeah, KIllzone 2 will be the one game that everyone from every system is going to drool over, graphics with no equal...I've heard it's slated for Holiday of next year.

The PS3 graphics engine is being pushed for the first time just on the enviro-physics in this thing, truely unbelievable.
    Again with the magic crystal ball.
    Wait, one more time...
    truely unbelievable.
    Yes, that game you've never even played and have so far only seen YouTube videos for and word of mouth is TRUELY UNBELIEVABLE.
    You eat hype don't you?

call of duty sucked for campaign but was amazing for live

oh, and ps3 fucked up big time with rumble, sixaxis is a joke, and now the are replacing that dumb shit

types of people that think ps3 is the best console out right now

based on my experiance, 360 is much better, better prices if you're not using it to download a bunch of movies, playstation has potential but right now they arent doing jack to show it, besides on maybe a couple games that are out

when i worked at gamestop we always had people trading in ps3s for a 360 or wii, the wii also sucks balls, just a gimmick. when i worked at gamestop we'd have more traded in ps3s then we could keep in the locker. and from what the ex co-workers tell me, its the same story. we had one guy that bought a ps3 3 times, trying his hardest to hold on to it, but always bringing it back.

sony is trying to wow people with features, in terms of gaming not gimmicks such as blue ray players, or other stuff, 360 kills the ps3. even a year after the ps3 came out its still not worth picking up.

when digg comes back online you can see the sony review on mario
    cool cool - I get it. But...

Blu Ray is NOT a gimmick, not in the least.

If we use the 360 model and timeline, we got to give PS3 another 6 months at least. It already is much better in the price department, there is no arguing the overall hardware value.

Look at Japan, where the PS3 outsells the 360, 4 to 1, even with Halo 3. Japan has had a little more time with it. No denying Sony has really screwed up the US launch. But, good games are finally starting to show up, about when they did for the 360... gamers are notoriusly short attentioned and if they remember 360's launch wasn't all roses.

A firend of mine played Galaxy at lunch the other day - hated it - to each his own.
    Last edited by C DUB YA; 11-15-2007 at 10:37 AM.
    The Glitter Freeze

thank god for adamnikyo

also, it was already stated that no ps3 games will utilize the entire amount of the blue ray disk, whatever can be done on a blue ray for the ps3 could fit on a dual layer for 360

Quote Originally Posted by C DUB YA View Post
    cool cool - I get it. But... Blu Ray is NOT a gimmick, not in the least.

If we use the 360 model and timeline, we got to give PS3 another 6 months at least. It already is much better in the price department, there is no arguing the overall hardware value.

Look at Japan, where the PS3 outsells the 360, 4 to 1, even with Halo 3. Japan has had a little more time with it. No denying Sony has really screwed up the US launch. But, good games are finally starting to show up, about when they did for the 360... gamers are notoriusly short attentioned and if they remember 360's launch wasn't all roses.
    yeah, but it didnt take a year for the 360 to get games, motorstorm is a joke, all i could see worth buying that are ps3 exclusives right now are ratchet and clank, and whatever other bullshit is coming out tomorrow

and i will guarantee you mgs4 wont stay an exclusive for its entirety

and blue ray is over priced considering its not even that much different than hd