Page 259 of 284 FirstFirst ... 254255256257258259260261262263264 ... LastLast
Results 7,741 to 7,770 of 8504

Thread: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS4 - WII U - XBone - PS3 - 360 - WII

Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS4 - WII U - XBone - PS3 - 360 - WII

For the record, I still can't play GTAO. They say they'll push the second patch tomorrow, here's to hoping that's the magic sauce.

I went back and played a bunch of Killzone:Mercenary on the Vita to kill the time while trying to log in... that game is the balls. Terrific online, even if it's only 8 player matches, and the graphics/sound/design is all current-gen level. Really happy how that came out.

Agreed, Killzone on Vita is fantastic. So much better than anticipated.

So yeah... installed the update and am now having no problems with GTA Online...

I just learned today I know the guy that plays the character Trevor in GTAV. His a bit of a douche IRL so maybe it suits him.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Any thoughts on the GTA V online? I messed around with it for an hour last night. I thought it was fun but I can see how some might find it frustrating too. Especially when you are on a mission with some strangers and everyone keeps hopping out of the car and wandering around. I was laughing when one guy finally said fuck it and ran over the other guy who didn't get back in the car.

In the story mode i'm still pretty early into it. I'm learning how to fly the airplane now errr I should say I'm struggling with sticking the landing of the plane.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

I'm really enjoying the online game. It's really fun to mess with people. I saw three guys robbing a liquor store so i pulled up and killed them and took the money. They all got pissed at me but that's part of the game.

December 31 - Matthew Dear/The Sword/Pallbearer
    January 30 - Behemoth
    February 3 - Zola Jesus
    February 10 - 1349
    February 28 - A Place To Bury Strangers
    April 6 - Swans
    April 10-12 - Coachella
    April 17 - Clark/Nosaj Thing
    May 8-10 - Austin Psych Fest
    May 15-17 - Psycho California
    June 24-28 - Glastonbury

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Nice. In the single player I shut the game off mid mission once and they re-started me back on top of a mountain. I drove around the mountain forever (just for fun) and then overheard some folks talking. I came up on them and they were burrying a body. I killed them all, took the money and then drove the mob princess home. A few minutes later she called my cell phone and wired me a several thousands dollars for my help.

Yeah I was pretty much having a blast in GTA Online this weekend. Played around some with the missions and varying activities...

But also spent a lot of time chasing down other players and blowing up the cars they were driving.

Beyond: Two Souls reviews are all over the place.

January 30 - Behemoth
    February 3 - Zola Jesus
    February 10 - 1349
    April 6 - Swans
    April 10-12 - Coachella
    June 24-28 - Glastonbury

I couldn't care less what IGN and Kotaku write about it.....most writers/reviewers have it out for David Cage. They'll sit there and tell you there's not enough action (because all games must have action and guns amirite?) and blah blah blah, who cares? I just got the game from UPS, and now it's sitting here staring at me for the rest of the work day. Can't wait to get home and play this all night. Definitely my most anticipated game of the last 3-4 years. If any game is gonna top Bioshock for GOTY imo, it's gonna be this.

Just wanted to say i finally beat Last of Us and wow. Never have I played a game with so much challenge, suspense, and raw emotion that it had. I loved how for the most part ammo was very scarce, there were legitimate puzzles and tough tasks to solve, and there were a variety of ways to complete each scenario. Every thing felt so necessary. Never did I think naughty dog would trump the uncharted series but fuck they did. Masterpiece.

Quick review of Beyond: Two Souls

Cons:
    Story does have some plot holes/unanswered questions which really bug me
    Narrative is told in a very strange way/order...I think it needed some fine tuning imo
    Decisions you make don't seem to really matter/be criticial until the very end, which is a let down

Pros:
    Great control scheme (much improved over Heavy Rain)
    Switching/playing as Aiden is great fun and very creatively done
    Graphics/settings/art direction is fucking amazing
    Probably the strongest emotional connection you create with characters in a game yet...Ive never cared for Jodie like I've cared for any other gaming character ever
    Even with flaws, the story is still very interesting, heartbreaking, sad, excitng, etc

Overall:
    A 9/10 (though I say this BARELY reaches the "9" on my scale, but a 9 nonetheless).

This was the most hyped game for me of the last 3 years probably (maybe more)....expectations were SUPER high, and in the end I felt it delivered almost entirely. People, please put down GTA V, and the rest of those fucking Maddens/Fifas/FPS and play this game at least once. It's like nothing you've ever played before.

Will it win my GOTY? Hard to say...this year has been great (best ever maybe?). It's definitely a race right now between Bioshock Infinite, Beyond, Last of Us, Tomb Raider, and Puppeteer. But there are some games left....Tearaway, Arkham Origins, Knack, AC4, Watch_Dogs.

But can you steal a fighter jet?
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

So I take it that if you liked Heavy Rain, you'll like Beyond: Two Souls and if you didn't then don't bother.

I'm anxiously waiting until the 15th to finally try out The Wolf Among Us.

Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    So I take it that if you liked Heavy Rain, you'll like Beyond: Two Souls and if you didn't then don't bother.
    Well if you didn't like Heavy Rain because you hate QTE gameplay, then yeah I guess you won't like Beyond either. But the controls are much improved and honestly there is much less QTE in this game. Most everything revolves around the right joystick . You push it in certain directions to jump, duck, fight, punch etc (when in those types of situations)....and you push it towards little white orbs to initiate an action (like opening a door, picking something up, etc). But the extra additon of controlling Aiden is what really separates the controls of this game from Heavy Rain. But my mindset is also that not every game needs to be push forward to run, press X/A to jump, B to shoot/whatever. I quite enjoy what Quantic Dream has come up with.

Plus this game also allows you to see an almost naked Ellen Page, and stars fucking Willem Dafoe. How awesome is that?

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Is anyone else playing Simpsons Tapped Out because Jesus Christ I play the shit out of it
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Is anyone else playing Simpsons Tapped Out because Jesus Christ I play the shit out of it
    I don't even watch The Simpsons... and fuck it's like a drug.

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Maybe the most fascinating part is watching the emotional triggers they employ to push you to spend money
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Watch Dogs is being pushed back to Spring 2014.

January 30 - Behemoth
    February 3 - Zola Jesus
    February 10 - 1349
    April 6 - Swans
    April 10-12 - Coachella
    June 24-28 - Glastonbury

FUCK!

I had Watch Dogs, Knack, and AC4 as my 3 PS4 games for launch...guess this means I can switch WD with Killzone Shadowfall.

Finally preordered CoD Ghosts Hardened Edition for PS4

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows

Events
    Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015, SDCC 7/9-12/2015

Official, switched over to pre-ordering Killzone: Shadowfall now. Add that with Knack, and AC4, along with the actual system and the extra controller....it's gonna be an expensive November, but thank God I've been saving up since E3 for this. As much as I was looking forward to Watch Dogs (it impresses me a whole lot more than GTA V ever has/does), I'm okay with it being delayed to be "polished up" (though who knows if that's really the case). I'm not a big fan of FPS's over the last 5-6 years (in fact I sold my sealed copy of Killzone 3 that came with my PS3), but Shadowfall does impress me, mainly because it seems to be only one that takes it's single player campaign seriously. That, and the visuals are fucking gorgeous.

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    Official, switched over to pre-ordering Killzone: Shadowfall now. Add that with Knack, and AC4, along with the actual system and the extra controller....it's gonna be an expensive November, but thank God I've been saving up since E3 for this. As much as I was looking forward to Watch Dogs (it impresses me a whole lot more than GTA V ever has/does), I'm okay with it being delayed to be "polished up" (though who knows if that's really the case). I'm not a big fan of FPS's over the last 5-6 years (in fact I sold my sealed copy of Killzone 3 that came with my PS3), but Shadowfall does impress me, mainly because it seems to be only one that takes it's single player campaign seriously. That, and the visuals are fucking gorgeous.
    Delaying a game 6 months, 1 month before it was supposed to come out seems fishy to me. I think Ubisoft doesn't want two of their franchises competing in the same month so they're going with the proven one and releasing AC4 for the holiday season over Watch Dogs which is a new IP.

January 30 - Behemoth
    February 3 - Zola Jesus
    February 10 - 1349
    April 6 - Swans
    April 10-12 - Coachella
    June 24-28 - Glastonbury

Well consider me sickenly filled with massive amounts of gut wrenching regret. Checked my PSN inbox yesterday and it turns out I was invited to Dark Souls 2 Beta Test. But of course all the slots were taken up when I tried to complete the registration last night. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUCK. Seriously. Shit man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    I hope Wario and Donkey Kong don't conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogvolta View Post
    Well consider me sickenly filled with massive amounts of gut wrenching regret. Checked my PSN inbox yesterday and it turns out I was invited to Dark Souls 2 Beta Test. But of course all the slots were taken up when I tried to complete the registration last night. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUCK. Seriously. Shit man.
    You didn't miss much. It was just a stress test for their servers. It only lasted 2 hours last Saturday. They're having a much bigger beta on October 22nd so you might be able to try again.

January 30 - Behemoth
    February 3 - Zola Jesus
    February 10 - 1349
    April 6 - Swans
    April 10-12 - Coachella
    June 24-28 - Glastonbury

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    You didn't miss much. It was just a stress test for their servers. It only lasted 2 hours last Saturday. They're having a much bigger beta on October 22nd so you might be able to try again.
    Thank you and thank you! I didn't realize it was only small couple hour play time windows. Still, I'm super bummed because I would have LOVED to play it regardless. Looks like I may take work off on the 22nd...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    I hope Wario and Donkey Kong don't conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    Are you getting the new PS Eye or waiting for a game to really need it?

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows

Events
    Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015, SDCC 7/9-12/2015

I'm going to ask a stupid question. So I'm going to buy a PS4 in November. But the PS4 will not be able to play PS3 games right? So if I want to get GTA or Last of Us, will there be downloads for the PS4 or will there be PS4 hard copy versions? I want to move my PS3 in the bedroom so I'm holding off on buying any of the new PS3 games since they wont work on the PS4. But will those games even be available for the PS4? This shit gets complicated for the casual users.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

As of now, there is no confirmation either way for either of those games.
    last.fm
    12/4/14 - Angel Olsen @ El Rey // 12/10/14 - Tune-Yards/Cibo Matto @ Wiltern