Page 257 of 276 FirstFirst ... 252253254255256257258259260261262 ... LastLast
Results 7,681 to 7,710 of 8274

Thread: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS4 - WII U - XBone - PS3 - 360 - WII

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS4 - WII U - XBone - PS3 - 360 - WII

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    Is everything autosave? I see nowhere to manually save.
    It autosaves after most things, but you can manually save on your phone or by lying down in your bed at your safehouse.

Is there a way to have someone else start a up a game on my same system but build up their own character?
    In the game section of the pause screen you can select new game and then when you save save it in a new file.

Also, how did they release a game but not have the multiplayer servers ready? Is there going to be a mutiplayer (live online)?
    They said they wanted everyone to fuck around in the game and get used to the map and the controls and all that stuff for a few weeks before turing the oline servers on. Online starts October 1.
    August 1 - Black Label Society
    August 14 - Nine Inch Nails/Soundgarden/DEP
    August 27 - Röyksopp & Robyn
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 12 - Austin City Limits: Day 3
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Metal Festival
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 23 - Caribou

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Thank you Nathan. Watching the other two go back and forth about whatever the fuck they were going on about was painful.

Can you quick save while driving? I selected the app on my phone but got no confirmation. I would normally just fire up the ps3 again but it keeps freezing. Might need a new fan.

EDIT* The answer appears to be "no." Or maybe they just won't let you quick save during missions.
    Last edited by Gribbz; 09-21-2013 at 08:36 PM.

NIN/Soundgarden/ - 8/14 - Austin 360
    Woods - 8/20 - Holy Mountain
    Jamie xx - 8/27 - The Mohawk
    Little Dragon - 8/31 - Moody Theater
    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town

After doing a bit of browsing it appears that a TON of people are having the same problem as me (the game randomly freezes). The responses from Rockstar have been a joke thus far. I'm going to be pissed if they don't develop a patch for this.

Weird. I put in about 45 hours on it this week and never encountered one problem.
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 16 - Earth
    September 21 - Nails
    October 10 - Bonobo
    November 23 - Caribou

Quote Originally Posted by Gribbz View Post
    After doing a bit of browsing it appears that a TON of people are having the same problem as me (the game randomly freezes). The responses from Rockstar have been a joke thus far. I'm going to be pissed if they don't develop a patch for this.
    what platform are you playing on? and if xbox... did you install the play disc? Cause I've read a lot about the game freezing on people who installed the play disc as well as the installation disc...

Ya spiggums is right. If you are playing on xbox you should not install the second disc. I had the same problem with the game freezing. If it continues to freeze uninstall the first disc and re install it. That fixed it for me
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    They check your age at a rave? That means its not a rave.

butthurt messiah TheVelvetSmudge's Avatar

What.The.Fuck? You install the install disc, and play the play disc. Are you guys fucking kidding? I installed the install disc on xbox. I've been playing the play disc. Over %50 complete with the game, and no freezing yet. Does this help?

Quote Originally Posted by Gribbz View Post
    Can you quick save while driving? I selected the app on my phone but got no confirmation. I would normally just fire up the ps3 again but it keeps freezing. Might need a new fan.

EDIT* The answer appears to be "no." Or maybe they just won't let you quick save during missions.
    I'm pretty sure you can quick save while driving, but only after your current mission has been completed, and the "Mission Passed/ Failed" message pops up. Jesus you guys...

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    They said they wanted everyone to fuck around in the game and get used to the map and the controls and all that stuff for a few weeks before turing the oline servers on. Online starts October 1.
    That's good to hear. I figured it was something like that. The way the achievements are set up in GTA V, I expect the online portion of the game to be huge.
    Last edited by TheVelvetSmudge; 09-22-2013 at 02:38 PM.

GTA Online will be online October first, as previously mentioned. I'm hoping that GTA Online is the other half/ three-quarters of the game that's missing in GTA V, because this game is pretty short/ small.

If you're interested in GTA online pre-launch:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...ject-in-years/

Everyone making a custom character sounds pretty special, but I could be fooling myself.

Cookie Clicker. WTF
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    Cookie Clicker. WTF
    it's weirdly addicting.
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 16 - Earth
    September 21 - Nails
    October 10 - Bonobo
    November 23 - Caribou

Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    Cookie Clicker. WTF
    "Your cookies bring all the boys to the yard." - that is as far as I got, became too hungry to continue.
    Last edited by Fourthisto; 09-24-2013 at 09:22 AM.
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

I got up to around 5 million cookies per second at work and left it running overnight...I just want to see how much more I can go in the morning and then I'm quitting (famous last words)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

I love that Danny Tamberelli from the Adventures of Pete & Pete voices Jimmy in GTA V.
    Last edited by Gribbz; 09-27-2013 at 11:18 AM.

If the gaming hasn't already been awesome enough this year...we're about to start into what could be the best month yet....Rain (PS3 exclusive) hits Oct 1, Beyond: Two Souls (PS3 exclusive, and the one game I'm so fucking excited about) hits Oct. 8, then Arkham Origins hits at the end of Oct. Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVelvetSmudge View Post
    GTA Online will be online October first, as previously mentioned. I'm hoping that GTA Online is the other half/ three-quarters of the game that's missing in GTA V, because this game is pretty short/ small.
    Small/ short? Seriously? I feel like I have been playing this game forever and I am at 30%.

Also, at this point in the game, I feel like you are supposed to like Michael and not be a fan of Trevor... but I can't help but feel like Michael is a total dick that deserves everything coming to him and I feel really bad for Trevor and hope things work out in his favour.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Small/ short? Seriously? I feel like I have been playing this game forever and I am at 30%.

Also, at this point in the game, I feel like you are supposed to like Michael and not be a fan of Trevor... but I can't help but feel like Michael is a total dick that deserves everything coming to him and I feel really bad for Trevor and hope things work out in his favour.
    I mean, I suppose it could be relatively short if you just plowed through the main missions... but it's so easy to get distracted in this game, that I feel one has to really be determined to follow through on that sort of plan.

I'm glad the Federal Depository robbery is a lot longer of a mission than the other heists. I figured I would finish up the main storyline yesterday... glad that wasn't the case.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post

I pretty much didn't play the game alone, handing the controller off to my friend every other mission, and we took the game down in four or five days. That gave me a lot of time since to uncover how small the map is, how few fun side-missions there are, and that GTA Online really has to be the other half, or more, or what we were sold. I put this much time into GTA4, and still never beat it. That this game is more compelling is no question, but I'm hoping that they really utilize the GTA Online mode, and the DLC with this game, because the potential is definitely there.

There's also supposed to be some crazy end game content after you've hit 100% completion. I've not read too much about it because I don't want to be spoiled... but that's apparently a big part of the game you may be missing out on.

Quote Originally Posted by spiggums View Post
    There's also supposed to be some crazy end game content after you've hit 100% completion. I've not read too much about it because I don't want to be spoiled... but that's apparently a big part of the game you may be missing out on.
    I'm currently at 93%.
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 16 - Earth
    September 21 - Nails
    October 10 - Bonobo
    November 23 - Caribou

Quote Originally Posted by spiggums View Post
    I'm at just above 80%. I heard that zombie mode is unlocked after you hit 100%. Upon googling, I realized it wasn't real. Someone had 100% in the first 48 hours of the game being released. No footage of zombies (outside of the one guy dressed in a zombie costume in the Vinewood area) yet, so I think this craziness is total bullshit. Besides that, who the hell gets 100% on a GTA game? I'm surprised I've wasted this much time in getting up to 80%.

Rockstar, making the same game since 2001.

Menik is becoming like a lightweight Supre. It's cute.
    7/21 - !!! @ Club Congress (Tucson, AZ)
    8/23 - Galactic @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    8/25 - Future Islands @ 191 Toole (Tucson, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Menik is becoming like a lightweight Supre. It's cute.
    With Supre gone, and canexplain on the ropes, the internet predators begin to sniff out their next target. It's always fun to have a certified pedo removed from a network, but someone might get their ass kicked over the message board feeding frenzies one of these days. When that day dawns, I hope I'm in line waiting for a spicy pie (which are just the worst now, m i rite, my hipster brethren?), camera in hand, so I can capture the bullshit to repost here. Good times.

Also, I've been replaying missions, helping people on the side of the road, and delivering people to the altruist cult, all without gaining any additional percentage on the completion of the game. It's like I hit a wall at 80%, or the game isn't loading progress when saved anymore. In fact, taking a stripper to her house for a fuck and an add to my cell phone seems like the only thing that's gained any percentage in the past two days. Shite.
    Last edited by TheVelvetSmudge; 09-28-2013 at 04:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVelvetSmudge View Post
    With Supre gone, and canexplain on the ropes, the internet predators begin to sniff out their next target. It's always fun to have a certified pedo removed from a network, but someone might get their ass kicked over the message board feeding frenzies one of these days. When that day dawns, I hope I'm in line waiting for a spicy pie (which are just the worst now, m i rite, my hipster brethren?), camera in hand, so I can capture the bullshit to repost here. Good times.

Also, I've been replaying missions, helping people on the side of the road, and delivering people to the altruist cult, all without gaining any additional percentage on the completion of the game. It's like I hit a wall at 80%, or the game isn't loading progress when saved anymore. In fact, taking a stripper to her house for a fuck and an add to my cell phone seems like the only thing that's gained any percentage in the past two days. Shite.
    Who was the pedo?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    I hope Wario and Donkey Kong don't conflict.

I just picked up Bioshock Infinite on Amazon for $22! I can't wait to finally play this thing.
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 16 - Earth
    September 21 - Nails
    October 10 - Bonobo
    November 23 - Caribou

Quote Originally Posted by Dogvolta View Post
    Who was the pedo?
    Weren't there two or three pedos last season? Who has time to research threads? Ask MJA.

I found the idea of Bioshock Infinite to be a lot cooler than the actual game, though it got a hell of a lot of praise for being a great game. It seems like games want to be fun, and have some great story line, without actually allowing you to break from the story line to go have fun, as you can in GTA V. While that fun is limited to how many times you can enjoy mass murdering people and running from cops, it's still there. Bioshock Infinite had me feeling trapped within the game, trying to learn and buy moves I didn't even care to use, and basically growing bored with the story very quickly. I'm that guy.
    Last edited by TheVelvetSmudge; 09-28-2013 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    Rockstar, making the same game since 2001.
    Maybe I should try this one.. I haven't touched the series but the squawking about the game makes me curious.