Page 234 of 271 FirstFirst ... 229230231232233234235236237238239 ... LastLast
Results 6,991 to 7,020 of 8115

Thread: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS4 - WII U - XBone - PS3 - 360 - WII

Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS3 - 360 - WII

Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    I've gone through three ps2s alone, and I'm not even a major gamer.
    You do realize the disk tray shouldn't also function as a drink holder, right?

Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fourthisto View Post
    You do realize the disk tray shouldn't also function as a drink holder, right?
    Cool.

Whats wrong with the idea of playing PS3 games off of your hard drive or through streaming them? That's the present and future of backwards compatibility. What they should do is allow a discount code to be applied if you enter the UPC of the game you are downloading if you previously owned it.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Also, part of me feels bad for Nintendo. Sure the wii u is cheaper and it was out first, but come on. It's capable of the same things as my Xbox 360 was when I got it at the end of 2005. Feels like when we saw the wii announced and they told us it didn't support hd. The PS3 destroys this thing. But hey, at least they still have the "casual market" (which might be the most annoying term ever imaginable) cornered.
    Nintendo really needs to put out a handful of very strong games this year because there truly is nothing on it yet that makes the system worth it.

This article has a better picture of the new Dual Shock 4:

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/21/ps...but-not-games/

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1),12(2),13(1),13(2)
    Upcoming shows
    Neutral Milk Hotel 4/9, The Knife 4/15, The Dandy Warhols 4/23, First Aid Kit 5/26, Parquet Courts 5/27, The Faint 6/1, Lady Gaga 6/3, Robyn/Röyksopp 6/29, Sharon Van Etten 6/29, Deafheaven 7/2, Cloud Nothings 7/7
    Events
    Knifechella 4/11-13&18-20, SDCC 7/24-27, Outside Kanye West Lands 8/8, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015

Quote Originally Posted by xanman86 View Post
    Whats wrong with the idea of playing PS3 games off of your hard drive or through streaming them? That's the present and future of backwards compatibility. What they should do is allow a discount code to be applied if you enter the UPC of the game you are downloading if you previously owned it.

Nintendo really needs to put out a handful of very strong games this year because there truly is nothing on it yet that makes the system worth it.

This article has a better picture of the new Dual Shock 4:

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/21/ps...but-not-games/
    I regret dropping the $ I did for my wii u. I had my little cousins over during the holidays and we all had a fun night playing Wiiu Land or whatever the hell its called. But other than that...nope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    I hope Wario and Donkey Kong don't conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogvolta View Post
    I regret dropping the $ I did for my wii u. I had my little cousins over during the holidays and we all had a fun night playing Wiiu Land or whatever the hell its called. But other than that...nope.
    I wouldn't say I regret buying it because it's nice to have a bit of a bigger screen when I am watching netflix in bed vs my phone (I don't own a tablet) and fun to play a Mario platformer while I am watching trashy TV. Although, it would be nice if I had a game or two I was hooked on by now.

Upcoming shows
    Neutral Milk Hotel 4/9, The Knife 4/15, The Dandy Warhols 4/23, First Aid Kit 5/26, Parquet Courts 5/27, The Faint 6/1, Lady Gaga 6/3, Robyn/Röyksopp 6/29, Sharon Van Etten 6/29, Deafheaven 7/2, Cloud Nothings 7/7
    Events
    Knifechella 4/11-13&18-20, SDCC 7/24-27, Outside Kanye West Lands 8/8, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015

Is Zelda and Mario (Kart) worth $400-$500? That's pretty much the question you have to answer when buying a Wii-U.

Fuck it its time to move to steam box and emulators. Next gen consoles will be slow pcs anyways.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    Is Zelda and Mario (Kart) worth $400-$500? That's pretty much the question you have to answer when buying a Wii-U.
    Pretty much. I don't know anyone that would grab a game for wii u that they could get on the ps3 or 360.
    April 22 - Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial
    April 24 - Godflesh / Mogwai
    April 26 - Cloud Nothings
    May 1 - Ghost
    May 2-4 - Austin Psych Fest
    May 23 - Saint Vitus
    May 27 - Fu Manchu
    June 6-8 - X Games Concerts
    June 12-14 - Sónar Barcelona
    June 27 - Deafheaven / Swans

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    Muse might as well named themselves the Pablo Honeys.

So was yesterday's press conference bloat for old ass stock holders that see Sony is a sinking ship?

Pretty much. I don't know anyone that would grab a game for wii u that they could get on the ps3 or 360.
    My friend picked up Black Ops 2 for the Wii U and it made me really upset with him. All of our friends play it on the PS3 and his little douche ass has to play it by himself.

Upcoming shows
    Events

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/...ot-dualshock-3

FUCK I shouldn't have bought those extra Dual Shock 3's this past black friday....

Upcoming shows
    Events

Quote Originally Posted by Tubesock Shakur View Post
    Fuck it its time to move to steam box and emulators. Next gen consoles will be slow pcs anyways.
    yeah you do that...

To be brutally honest with myself, I purchased a Wii U for the sake of having it. I've been an avid gamer since birth basically, and have always had all the current gen consoles. Now I am realizing that I shouldn't be so frivolous with my money regarding video games.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandma View Post
    picking up my copy at midnight
    How do you like it?
    I don't think it's as bad as all the bad reviews it's getting. HOWEVER, it was in production for SO long, I was expecting something better.
    I'm still on the Sulaco and I'm already irked by the storyline a bit (I'm an Aliens series fanboy, so I'm very critical ! ).

And it's very annoying how you basically die with 1 or 2 blows (both in campaign and in multiplayer).

And why is the xeno 3rd-person and marine 1st-person. I'd like to switch to either/or for them both.

I wish Bungee or Capcom made an Aliens (or AVP) game.

Whats wrong with the idea of playing PS3 games off of your hard drive or through streaming them? That's the present and future of backwards compatibility. .
    I will never understand this phobia against tangibility with this new generation of consoles. I have yet to hear a strong technical excuse as to why there is not full backup compatibility for PS3 games (hell, even ps2 and ps1) on the PS4 considering the system wont retail for less than $450.00 at launch.

And no I will not play you on Super Smash Playstation Heroes or whatever the fuck its called. Too busy playing Metal Gear Rising...

Quote Originally Posted by HunterGather View Post
    How do you like it?
    I don't think it's as bad as all the bad reviews it's getting. HOWEVER, it was in production for SO long, I was expecting something better.
    I'm still on the Sulaco and I'm already irked by the storyline a bit (I'm an Aliens series fanboy, so I'm very critical ! ).

And it's very annoying how you basically die with 1 or 2 blows (both in campaign and in multiplayer).

And why is the xeno 3rd-person and marine 1st-person. I'd like to switch to either/or for them both.

I wish Bungee or Capcom made an Aliens (or AVP) game.
    Its a very disappointing game if you're a hardened ALIEN/ALIENS fan. I literally scrolled through the credits to see if that cocksucking mutant damon lindelof had a writing credit because the story was that piss-poor. I only played it for 3 hours before I re-shrunk wrapped it and had it returned as new the next day. No way in hell is it worth $60 or even half that. I'll stick with Alien Resurrection for the PS1 until they can develop a decent Alien game but i've now lost hope that will ever happen.
    Last edited by Grandma; 02-21-2013 at 02:56 PM.

I will never understand this phobia against tangibility with this new generation of consoles. I have yet to hear a strong technical excuse as to why there is not full backup compatibility for PS3 games (hell, even ps2 and ps1) on the PS4 considering the system wont retail for less than $450.00 at launch.

And no I will not play you on Super Smash Playstation Heroes or whatever the fuck its called. Too busy playing Metal Gear Rising...
    My (pretty limited) understanding is that the PS1-3 have weird, very specific hardware architecture whereas they are finally making the PS4 more like a normal PC's architecture. Because of this, the only way for the PS4 to play the previous games will be through emulators that Playstation will provide down the road (more than likely this wont roll out for a year or more after launch).

Allstars is a lot of fun if you have friends who play often. How is MGR?

Upcoming shows
    Events

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

I am very disappointed to hear that the Aliens game is so poor.

BUT i just found out that the Japanese mall across the street from my new place has an arcade and it actually has the old Capcom AVP beat-em up! I am so fucking excited. I wish Capcom would port it to PSN/Xbox Live sometime, it's such a great game.
    last.fm
    4/5/14 - Trentemoller - Fonda // 4/9/14 - The Knife - Fox Theater Pomona // 4/22/14 - Dillinger Escape Plane - Glasshouse// 5/23/14 - 5/26/14 Punk Rock Bowling - Las Vegas
    5/28/14 - Elbow - Wiltern // 7/9/14 - Cloud Nothings - Roxy // 8/25/14 - Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Comments about she left the movie feeling bad and she one of those girls that fuck in the ass to saving her Vagina intercourse for marriage.

Upcoming shows
    Events

I just broke my controller because I got pissed off at Metal Gear Rising. Fuck that game.

Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar

Gran Turismo 4 is the last time I broke a controller. The computer on the snow rally tracks is bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    I am very disappointed to hear that the Aliens game is so poor.

BUT i just found out that the Japanese mall across the street from my new place has an arcade and it actually has the old Capcom AVP beat-em up! I am so fucking excited. I wish Capcom would port it to PSN/Xbox Live sometime, it's such a great game.
    It's by no means a bad game, but considering its gestation cycle (pun intended), there was no excuse for it to turn out the way it did. Rebellions Aliens Vs Predators graphics were better in comparison. And yes, ports of 'extermination' would be fantastic. I think you're talking about the cps-2 version of Aliens Vs Predator which I only have emulator of but its one of the best Alien related games out there.

How is MGR?

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    I just broke my controller because I got pissed off at Metal Gear Rising. Fuck that game.
    its a fantastic game loaded with gore-crack but they don't explain SHIT to you in regards to approach, and if you've played the second runner, its kind of that same feeling in self exploration in learning new fighting styles over individual moves and learning how they need to interact with eachother...if that makes sense. it has an incredibly dense fighting system, if you can't grasp parrying with the first boss, you're screwed. thing is, this game had the wrong approach in presenting that towards the very beginning when they're pitting you against bosses/mini-bosses that take 2-3 minutes each to beat within the first 10 minutes of the game. if there is one thing I hate, its going to the internet for tips and that game made me do just that. It is a departure from all the other metal gear games though, and it goes without saying there is a far less emphasis on stealth as it doesn't offer you the option to crouch, sprawl, sneak or crawl. I decided to play every metal gear game chronologically up until rising back in novemeber and i'm only as far as metal gear II: solid snake but it feels enough out of cannon so far that im not missing anything.

and because Erik is the only one who will give a shit, I internally modded my dreamcast for VGA compatibility (and a violet LED) as well as modding my arcade stick with sanwa components a couple weeks ago. if you're handy with a soldering iron these are a must.

Last edited by Grandma; 02-22-2013 at 12:10 AM.

what's with all this sharing shit?
    Streaming is the future of most major companies, they are attempting to phase out physical copies. After this...they go for your imagination.

Believe children. BELIEVE!

Less product, more money.
    Originally Posted by Riggins33
    Why don't you show me a pic of what you look like and I'll send you a pick of myself. I'm 6'5 230....
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    Would you care to list the fixes I've proposed?
    Thank god I did't suck that guy's dick.

More like : Less cost, same money. Profit!

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Santa View Post
    Streaming is the future of most major companies, they are attempting to phase out physical copies. After this...they go for your imagination.

Believe children. BELIEVE!
    i meant like sharing videos of gameplay with friends. i realize that streaming is the way things are from now on and i have no problem with that, but i can't think of one friend i have that would give two shits about seeing anything from any game i play, and vice versa.
    April 22 - Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial
    April 24 - Godflesh / Mogwai
    April 26 - Cloud Nothings
    May 1 - Ghost
    May 2-4 - Austin Psych Fest
    May 23 - Saint Vitus
    May 27 - Fu Manchu
    June 6-8 - X Games Concerts
    June 12-14 - Sónar Barcelona
    June 27 - Deafheaven / Swans

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    Muse might as well named themselves the Pablo Honeys.

The little nose pickers are the target, not you and I.
    Originally Posted by Riggins33
    Why don't you show me a pic of what you look like and I'll send you a pick of myself. I'm 6'5 230....
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    Would you care to list the fixes I've proposed?
    Thank god I did't suck that guy's dick.

Quote Originally Posted by marooko View Post
    The little nose pickers are the target, not you and I.
    The more I can remember this, the more I can stay level headed about the industry.

but the orange light is so cool!

I decided to play every metal gear game chronologically up until rising back in novemeber and i'm only as far as metal gear II: solid snake but it feels enough out of cannon so far that im not missing anything.
    I decided to do this in college since I've only played MGS before. I started MSG over on the Wii but got stuck pretty early and it crushed my desire to continue.... I still would love to go through them all one day.

Upcoming shows
    Events

I still would love to go through them all one day.
    I don't think you could... the cut scenes alone in the later ones would probably make it a weekend quest.