Page 233 of 271 FirstFirst ... 228229230231232233234235236237238 ... LastLast
Results 6,961 to 6,990 of 8115

Thread: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS4 - WII U - XBone - PS3 - 360 - WII

Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS3 - 360 - WII

Yes you god forsaken retard. we are watching it too

Quote Originally Posted by Grandma View Post
    Yes you god forsaken retard. we are watching it too
    You on PS Allstars? Put your fighting game where your typing fingers are.

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1),12(2),13(1),13(2)
    Upcoming shows
    Neutral Milk Hotel 4/9, The Knife 4/15, The Dandy Warhols 4/23, First Aid Kit 5/26, Parquet Courts 5/27, The Faint 6/1, Lady Gaga 6/3, Robyn/R÷yksopp 6/29, Sharon Van Etten 6/29, Deafheaven 7/2, Cloud Nothings 7/7
    Events
    Knifechella 4/11-13&18-20, SDCC 7/24-27, Outside Kanye West Lands 8/8, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

so all that and they don't even show what the system looks like? also, how is diablo 3 gonna work with a controller?
    April 22 - Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial
    April 24 - Godflesh / Mogwai
    April 26 - Cloud Nothings
    May 1 - Ghost
    May 2-4 - Austin Psych Fest
    May 23 - Saint Vitus
    May 27 - Fu Manchu
    June 6-8 - X Games Concerts
    June 12-14 - Sˇnar Barcelona
    June 27 - Deafheaven / Swans

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    Muse might as well named themselves the Pablo Honeys.

I laughed when they showed Diablo 3. Who fucking cares?

Quote Originally Posted by cutterbutter View Post
    I laughed when they showed Diablo 3. Who fucking cares?
    True that, hopefully this partnership will bring us some cool Starcraft based PS4 games in the future...

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1),12(2),13(1),13(2)
    Upcoming shows
    Neutral Milk Hotel 4/9, The Knife 4/15, The Dandy Warhols 4/23, First Aid Kit 5/26, Parquet Courts 5/27, The Faint 6/1, Lady Gaga 6/3, Robyn/R÷yksopp 6/29, Sharon Van Etten 6/29, Deafheaven 7/2, Cloud Nothings 7/7
    Events
    Knifechella 4/11-13&18-20, SDCC 7/24-27, Outside Kanye West Lands 8/8, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015

I'm sold. Gimme the fucking system.

sexy...

Am I the only one who wasn't that impressed with the announcement?
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar

Nothing impresses me anymore.

Anyone who isn't impressed with it is just a hater. The specs blow the shit out of any console out there right now obviously and is miles ahead of the Wii-U (no surprise) and better than the rumored next X-Box specs. But just the games alone is impressive enough...Destiny, Watch Dogs, Knack, and even the new one from Molecules (who haven't made a bad game yet....love both LBG, and plan on getting Tearaway for the Vita when it comes out). Plus I can only imagine what David Cage and Quantam Dream have in store, not to mention Naughty Dog and San Diego Studio. There was no talk of any bullshit 'no used games', or 'pay to play online' crap - not to say those won't be mentioned later...but everything announced today was really focused on gaming, which is what the system is supposed to be about. I think most people are just butt hurt and trolling because they didn't show the plastic shell that the motherboard and optical drive will sit in......they gave us the new controller, the full spec sheet, and an awesome list of new games coming out, what more could you want?

What is with that part in the centre of the controller?
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.

It's a touch pad (like the one found on the back of the Vita).

First off, your first sentence just reeks of "fanboy". I guess it's impressive if you're strictly looking at specs and third party titles but that's not what I'm looking for. Everybody knew it would be powerful and it will have some cool games but I was more looking forward to the direction Sony would be taking with this new console and I left disappointed. This whole social integration aspect they're pushing I could really give two shits about. I'm not gonna share video of some sweet killing spree to my fellow bros. I realize there's a community that's all about that but that's not for me. Nintendo's direction along with Microsoft's direction intrigues me, basing it around a tablet/media center/television/what have you. Sony seems to be strictly targeting the hardcore gaming audience which I honestly left years ago. This isn't the 90's anymore where simply having the most powerful console won you the war. Bringing in different audiences is what is helping companies thrive and Sony doesn't seem to be doing that. They're just doing the same thing they've been doing forever and to me, that's boring. The PS3 wasn't nearly as successful and the PS2, you really think they'll fare much better with the PS4? Ideas like the Steambox are what sound like winners to me, innovating the way we play. Sony just seems to be releasing a beefier PS3 and just stick their head in the sand thinking everything is going to be fine. Streaming trial games I do like but it was sort of glanced over. I guess I'm just more interested in the industry impact of everything and the PS4 just didn't do it for me.

That's more along the lines of what I wanted. I'm trying to look at it as an average consumer, not just a hardcore gamer.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

You know, social media integration is pretty much found in EVERY tech toy these days. You can post FB status updates from your Vita games straight to your account...does that mean I care or will ever use that feature? No. I haven't and never plan to. But I find it funny for someone to feel disappointed because Sony showed off some features of being able to share/upload game footage while you play, or let your friends watch via some in game stream.....if you don't like those features, don't use them, it's that simple. Hell I hardly play online as it is.

And last time I checked, a video game console at the end of the day, should be about first and foremost, GAMES. Not Netflix apps, or DVR functions, but good ol fashion fun to play games. I'm not gonna judge a console because it sucks at streaming video to my iPad. If you want to download apps to your TV and control them via your smartphone (because holding a standard remote control just isn't cool anymore) then go buy a fucking Roku or Apple TV box. All those features you've mentioned above, Sony has already laid out plans for them anyway (and most can be done via the PS3 this very day). But whatever, like I said, for a video game console, I'll be happier having cool fun games than controlling my media library via some interface on my TV (I can do that on my computer anyway).

But I'm gonna hold off final judgement til I see the OS/Software side of things...if Sony were to come out with some bullshit anti-used game thing (which I highly doubt) or some pay to play crap like XBox Live (don't know why people put up with that crap, but whatever, your money), then I'd have a change of heart. But for a console, which I want to have beefy specs and cool games for, the PS4 doesn't disappoint, and I'd be happy to purchase one on launch day as of now.

And the Steambox innovative? How exactly? It allows you to play linux based games you bought off Steam on your TV. You could do that now by simply connecting your PC to your tv via a HDMI cable. Maybe I'm missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    And the Steambox innovative? How exactly? It allows you to play linux based games you bought off Steam on your TV. You could do that now by simply connecting your PC to your tv via a HDMI cable. Maybe I'm missing something?
    because it's the size of fucking tiny box. you are absolutely missing something.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

Wow, take out an optical drive and hard drive, and pretty much every console could be condensed into a "tiny box".

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Let's not forget that the system has 8GB of unified RAM. That is unheard of. Even the most powerful games on PC don't utilize that much RAM. To me it looks like Sony learned from their mistakes with the PS3 and are doing things right this time.

Also, part of me feels bad for Nintendo. Sure the wii u is cheaper and it was out first, but come on. It's capable of the same things as my Xbox 360 was when I got it at the end of 2005. Feels like when we saw the wii announced and they told us it didn't support hd. The PS3 destroys this thing. But hey, at least they still have the "casual market" (which might be the most annoying term ever imaginable) cornered.

edit: and I'm not a fanboy by any means, I have all 3 consoles from last generation, I just hate the fact that Nintendo seems to not give even the tiniest of fucks about the group of gamers that made their company so successful to begin with. The focus on the casual market almost feels insulting. Menik is right that the #1 thing that matters is the games. In the last generation Nintendo only focused on selling hardware and for the most part ignored everything else.
    Last edited by nathanfairchild; 02-21-2013 at 05:32 AM.
    April 22 - Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial
    April 24 - Godflesh / Mogwai
    April 26 - Cloud Nothings
    May 1 - Ghost
    May 2-4 - Austin Psych Fest
    May 23 - Saint Vitus
    May 27 - Fu Manchu
    June 6-8 - X Games Concerts
    June 12-14 - Sˇnar Barcelona
    June 27 - Deafheaven / Swans

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    Muse might as well named themselves the Pablo Honeys.

Is their file compatibility better this time around?

No backward capability…yet: The PS4 won’t be able to play PS2 or PS3 games, it’s true. But Sony’s stated hope is that eventually, by utilizing the cloud and the PS4′s existing streaming abilities, that emulation of the entire PlayStation line’s library of games will be possible at some point.
    One article in, nothing impressive has been read.
    Last edited by marooko; 02-21-2013 at 06:51 AM.
    Originally Posted by Riggins33
    Why don't you show me a pic of what you look like and I'll send you a pick of myself. I'm 6'5 230....
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    Would you care to list the fixes I've proposed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogvolta View Post
    Thank god I did't suck that guy's dick.

Wait... the PS4 won't be able to play PS3 games? Dafuq?
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.

Quote Originally Posted by marooko View Post
    Is their file compatibility better this time around?

One article in, nothing impressive has been read.
    No shit. Why not just buy a superior gaming computer that can handle ps1-4 emulators, and just bypass paying Sony anything at all? Microsoft and Nintendo as well. Playstation 4 may be the last generation of traditional consoles to be released. Why're you going to pay for what's free?

anyone done PS3's Ni no Kuni? I want to feel innocent and wondrous again. Like Journey sort of was.

Quote Originally Posted by lehorne View Post
    anyone done PS3's Ni no Kuni? I want to feel innocent and wondrous again. Like Journey sort of was.
    Just started playing this game. It is quite the experience. The game is a much needed change of pace in this blockbuster stale market of AAAAAAAAAAAA quality games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    I hope Wario and Donkey Kong don't conflict.

Nice. And guess they remastered Okami in HD. Had that for PS2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Wait... the PS4 won't be able to play PS3 games? Dafuq?
    Why is this a big deal or a deal breaker for anyone? How many do you know are playing their PS2 games on their first edition PS3's? Practically no one. How many people play thier Xbox games on their Xbox 360? Hardly anyone I've ever ran across. People buy next gen consoles, for *GASP* next gen games. If you wanna play PS3 games, you leave your PS3 plugged in....not that hard.

Maybe ps3 is a superior machine, but I've gone through three ps2s alone, and I'm not even a major gamer. I only use my ps2 to play playstation games, pretty much. Nothing on ps2 worth playing, to be honest. Has the ps3 reached the end of its usefulness, or is Sony trying to rape your pockets yet again in an attempt at making everything you own obsolete? Durp?

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    Wow, take out an optical drive and hard drive, and pretty much every console could be condensed into a "tiny box".
    Link me to Newegg components similar to it. I'll shut up after that.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

Yes, let me get a gaming specific TV and entertainment center where I can plug my ps1, ps2, ps3 and ps4 in to.
    Originally Posted by Riggins33
    Why don't you show me a pic of what you look like and I'll send you a pick of myself. I'm 6'5 230....
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    Would you care to list the fixes I've proposed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogvolta View Post
    Thank god I did't suck that guy's dick.

Pretty much any TV $600 and up has A) Composite Video Input (for your Playstation), B) Component Video Input (for your Playstation 2), C) Multiple HDMI Inputs (for your Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Blu-Ray, whatever), D) VGA (for your Dreamcast with VGA adapter)....boom, there's your "gaming specific tv (whatever the hell that means)". In fact my $300 Samsung can do all that (minus the multiple HDMI ports - but had I spent $100 more on the next model, I would have that too).

Quote Originally Posted by vogina View Post
    Link me to Newegg components similar to it. I'll shut up after that.
    Dude go open up a console (or even a laptap for that matter)...wanna know what you'll see taking up most of the space? Here's a hint, it'll be a HDD and an optical drive. Take those out (and the keyboard tray for laptops) and you can condense everything simply into something the size of a rubik cube (like the Ouya did).