Page 225 of 276 FirstFirst ... 220221222223224225226227228229230 ... LastLast
Results 6,721 to 6,750 of 8274

Thread: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS4 - WII U - XBone - PS3 - 360 - WII

Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS3 - 360 - WII

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    EDIT: Also, my cousin and I recently brushed the dirt off Unreal Tournament III (PS3). Freaking fun game. It actually had mod support! You could download mods from the Internet, put them on a USB stick, and then install them onto your PS3.
    Nice. Just picked this title up myself for $5. One of the more fun death match games I've played over time.

It's really great. I never played the story, but the death matches and all that are worth it on their own. I had bought it back when it came out, which was still in the early days of the PS3, I believe. I remember I got it because I wanted a cool split-screen shooter to play with friends, but it didn't have split-screen. But then, a while later, they patched the game and added split-screen and mod support. I never felt so loved by a video game company.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Time for Menik to wet himself.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...sn-xbla-report

Sega is ready to release HD updates of cult Dreamcast classics Shenmue and Shenmue 2, according to a new report.
    Shenmue HD and Shenmue 2 HD will be released on the PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Arcade, Gamerzines claimed.
    Indeed development of both titles has been finished for over a year, an anonymous source said. The hold up was due to Sega working out the future of the Shenmue franchise, apparently. "Namely, whether or not Shenmue 3 would ever see the light of day," said the report.
    If true, Shenmue's HD revamp follows similar efforts with other cult Dreamcast games. Sega recently announced Jet Set Radio HD, due out this summer.
    Sega issued Eurogamer the following statement: "The games that were mentioned are definitely among the most requested re-releases. We can't go into specifics about our future releases, but we are excited to see so much passion surrounding our Dreamcast-era games."
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sonofhal View Post
    i would honestly love nothing more than this.
    August 1 - Black Label Society
    August 14 - Nine Inch Nails/Soundgarden/DEP
    August 27 - Röyksopp & Robyn
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 12 - Austin City Limits: Day 3
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Metal Festival
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 23 - Caribou

I'll believe it when I see em in the PSN store.

I'm also pissed off that they aren't releasing Tony Hawk HD for PS3 today like they are for 360.

Have you guys played The Binding of Isaac? It is the most ridiculous game I have seen in a while. I've put almost 7 hours into it during the past week. It is crazy cheap on Steam. All of you should get it.
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Coachella Junkie

Binding of Isaac is excellent, made even better by the Wrath of the Lamb DLC. Both have been discounted a couple times during the ongoing Steam sale.

Has anyone played Final Fantasy XIII? It's the only one I haven't played but I have heard some mixed reviews on it. Should I get it?
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 16 - Earth
    September 21 - Nails
    October 10 - Bonobo
    November 23 - Caribou

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has anyone played Final Fantasy XIII? It's the only one I haven't played but I have heard some mixed reviews on it. Should I get it?
    Sure - you can probably get it for cheap now ($20) and it's worth that. Extremely linear at first, it opens up a bit about halfway through and is decent/entertaining enough to finish.
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    I've been playing the new Magic the Etc game for the last few days. Don't bother, I'm already judging myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogvolta View Post
    I just downloaded the Magic 2013 app to my iPad....its fucking great.
    bought this on ipad and i think it's really well made. I beat the campaigns on easy, so i'm gonna go back thru and play them at a harder level to unlock more cards. I haven't even tried playing anyone online, but if you want to add me my user name is "JorgeinOntario".

WTF with Nicol Bolas playing moxes?? ffuuucckkkkkk.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    8/2&3 HARD Summer - 8/7 Arctic Monkeys@Staples - 8/8 Cut Copy@Brooklyn Bowl - 8/22 NIN@Verizon - 8/23&24 FYF Fest - 9/2 Bear in Heaven@Echoplex - 9/4 Phantogram@Fox Pomona - 9/6 Atmosphere@Palladium - 9/10 Britney Spears - 10/8 Gus Gus@Roxy - 10/10 Twin Shadow@Glass House

We talked about it a little on the previous page:

I liked a lot of things about FFXIII. I thought Lightening was a cool character, like Cloud or Squall. But that game seemed to require more grinding than all the others, and there was such a dismal selection of enemies (same enemies, but different colors) that it just wasn't fun to level up.
    Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    Yeah. I liked the FFXIII characters, but that was about it. It wasn't even fun to explore, it was just super tedious and linear to play.
    But, to elaborate, it was an okay experience. I enjoyed the characters. The story was a little convoluted, even for a Final Fantasy game, but I suppose it wasn't too bad. The thing I really liked about the game was the paradigm system of combat. The fighting doesn't wait for you (it isn't turn-based), so you have to be on yours toes a little. You basically pick attacks and abilities, set them in a queue, and use them when a meter fills up. It makes the combat much more interesting, in my opinion, and with something called "paradigm shift," you can bring in different strategies on the fly. The combat does have an automatic option, which basically makes combat useless, but you can ignore it and pick your own attacks. I really liked that, and I think it is a good way of expanding the series.

What I didn't like about the game was the world. You basically moved in a straight line, and for Final Fantasy standards, while a lot of things did look pretty, the areas were mostly bland. Especially the area that isn't so linear. It's a big boring place, where all you can really do is fight the same monsters over and over and over and over... (That is the downside to the cool combat system.) Once I reached this point, I lost interest very fast. I had spent a lot of time grinding and leveling up, and then I lost against some boss, and I really didn't want to fight those same enemies another 1,000,000 times just to get my numbers up.

But, to elaborate, it was an okay experience. I enjoyed the characters. The story was a little convoluted, even for a Final Fantasy game, but I suppose it wasn't too bad. The thing I really liked about the game was the paradigm system of combat. The fighting doesn't wait for you (it isn't turn-based), so you have to be on yours toes a little. You basically pick attacks and abilities, set them in a queue, and use them when a meter fills up. It makes the combat much more interesting, in my opinion, and with something called "paradigm shift," you can bring in different strategies on the fly. The combat does have an automatic option, which basically makes combat useless, but you can ignore it and pick your own attacks. I really liked that, and I think it is a good way of expanding the series.

What I didn't like about the game was the world. You basically moved in a straight line, and for Final Fantasy standards, while a lot of things did look pretty, the areas were mostly bland. Especially the area that isn't so linear. It's a big boring place, where all you can really do is fight the same monsters over and over and over and over... (That is the downside to the cool combat system.) Once I reached this point, I lost interest very fast. I had spent a lot of time grinding and leveling up, and then I lost against some boss, and I really didn't want to fight those same enemies another 1,000,000 times just to get my numbers up.
    I'm interested to read your thoughts on XIII-2, if you played it. I haven't, but a lot of the critics who share your exact same thoughts on 13 seemed to think that they "fixed" almost wrong with it for the sequel.
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

I haven't played that version, but I have to admit that I've been tempted to get it. If I did, I think I would have to buckle up and beat FFXIII. I suppose I'm already at the end, anyway.

All I'd really like from Final Fantasy right now is a 3DS remake of FFVI. PLEASE!

I haven't played that version, but I have to admit that I've been tempted to get it. If I did, I think I would have to buckle up and beat FFXIII. I suppose I'm already at the end, anyway.

All I'd really like from Final Fantasy right now is a 3DS remake of FFVI. PLEASE!
    I think I'll get it then. Thanks. Btw, just saw that amazon has XIII-2 on sale for $20. Not sure how long the sale is for but I went ahead and ordered both.
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 16 - Earth
    September 21 - Nails
    October 10 - Bonobo
    November 23 - Caribou

I think I'll get it then. Thanks. Btw, just saw that amazon has XIII-2 on sale for $20. Not sure how long the sale is for but I went ahead and ordered both.
    Just a couple days ago, I was watching a video of somebody playing the beginning of it on YouTube and it looked really cool. That, and also one time I saw the box at Best Buy and the art alone almost made me get it.

As far as JRPGs go, have you seen Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch? It has Studio Ghibli animation, a score by Joe Hisaishi (who does all the music for Hayao Miyazaki), and it is made by the creators of the Professor Layton series. That doesn't come out until January, but it looks amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by JorgeC View Post
    bought this on ipad and i think it's really well made. I beat the campaigns on easy, so i'm gonna go back thru and play them at a harder level to unlock more cards. I haven't even tried playing anyone online, but if you want to add me my user name is "JorgeinOntario".

WTF with Nicol Bolas playing moxes?? ffuuucckkkkkk.
    I'll see if I can add you.
    I'm not the biggest MTG player (of the actual card game), but even I can tell two things about the MTG video game:
    1. it is a watered down version of the physical card game
    2. the game cheats like hell

I realize that basically most video games "cheat", depending on how you define cheating. I realize that this game would be pointless to play if the AI didn't have the ability to cheat, but there are some aspects of this game that is like hitting your head against a brick wall.

With that said, I LOVE the pure Blue card burn deck. I find it to be the most satisfying victories against the cheap AI.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    I hope Wario and Donkey Kong don't conflict.

Mulligan draw, mulligan draw..... 4 fucking lands and a god damn 4 Black 3 Colorless mana summoning cost for a creature? Fuck you computer.

I'm in the same boat

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Echo & the Bunnymen 8/2, #BEENTRILL#/Jesse Andrews OSL Afterparty 8/8, Sir Paul McCartney 8/14, Offspring/Pennywise/Bad Religion 8/31, Swans 9/8, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Charli XCX 10/25, Sky Ferreira 11/23
    Events
    Outside Kanye West Lands 8/8, FYF Fest 8/23-24, Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    Mulligan draw, mulligan draw..... 4 fucking lands and a god damn 4 Black 3 Colorless mana summoning cost for a creature? Fuck you computer.
    Yeah, same of that shit is just TOO blatant. It is almost to the point where I know EXACTLY what hand/card the AI will play, based upon my hand and what I just played.
    I know I know, we're complaining about the mechanics of playing a card game against computer AI...
    Still, frustrating (almost game breaking) as hell.

http://www.baldursgate.com/

New count down started a couple days ago. 47 minutes left.
    Sadly, it is not a countdown for release, it looks to be a countdown for an information dump. Price and release date more than likely.

Coachella Junkie

I bailed out of FFXIII fairly quickly and had no sense of confusion or regret playing through FFXIII-2. FFXIII spoilers: some people turn into a giant pillar or some shit. Let's go time travel.

Coachella Junkie

http://www.baldursgate.com/

New count down started a couple days ago. 47 minutes left.
    Sadly, it is not a countdown for release, it looks to be a countdown for an information dump. Price and release date more than likely.
    http://www.beamdog.com/products/bald...hanced-edition

September 18
    New Adventure: The Black Pits
    New Character: Dorn Il-Khan
    New Character: Neera the Wild Mage
    New Character: Rasaad yn Bashir
    A new collection of player character voice sets
    Native support for high-resolution widescreen displays
    Over 400 improvements to the original game
    Improved multiplayer support with connectivity between all platforms

Yeah, pretty great info dump though. just go to main page http://www.baldursgate.com/ for the same info plus photos.
    Im pretty damned excited for this still.
    SO bummed I have to wait until Sept though...

Baldur's Gate was one of the best RPG games I played in my youth, I will definitely take a peek at this...

All they need to do now is revamp Dungeon Keeper and the nostalgia circle of PC gaming may be complete

Unbelievable, as a very young kid I played the shit out of Dungeon Keeper, I seriously can still hear the sounds of the digging, the gold mining, the gym/weight room. Holy hell man, though I do remember hitting a wall eventually, I don't think I ever even beat it. I was probably too young to really figure out the necessary strategy to get through the later stages.

To this day I still claim that BGII is thee best video game I've played.

Unbelievable, as a very young kid I played the shit out of Dungeon Keeper, I seriously can still hear the sounds of the digging, the gold mining, the gym/weight room. Holy hell man, though I do remember hitting a wall eventually, I don't think I ever even beat it. I was probably too young to really figure out the necessary strategy to get through the later stages.

To this day I still claim that BGII is thee best video game I've played.
    Did you ever play DK2? It was actually a good sequel to follow up DK 1. I was a huge RTS fan growing up, it got really fun doing some multiplayer matches and building dungeons/invading them. I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoyed RTS games.

BG 2 + Shadows of Amn. The fucking story line. GOD DAMN WHAT A GOOD SERIES. I could say also one of the best games I've played, but currently bought the Orange Box collection and HL2 still has my heart. I can't wait to see the Hi-res free developed version of the original Half Life....

I never played Baulder's Gate. What is it comparable to? Based on the screenshots I'm seeing it looks similar in style to the original Fallout games.
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 16 - Earth
    September 21 - Nails
    October 10 - Bonobo
    November 23 - Caribou

I never played Baulder's Gate. What is it comparable to? Based on the screenshots I'm seeing it looks similar in style to the original Fallout games.
    Very comparable to Fallout. Same type of engine I believe. This re-release of BG1 and BG2 is going to be a great opportunity to play the game that many many many other gamers other than myself and Mug claim to be one of the best (if not the best) video game.
    I have no idea how well this game has aged, but from all of the improvements, tweaks, and additions they are putting into it, I think it should age fairly well.
    In my opinion, Baldur's Gate 2 is a masterpiece. The story line - I am hard pressed to find modern games with a plot so well paced, written, and executed. The graphics/art - sure the Infinity Engine isn't a powerhouse of computer shattering graphics, but the attention to detail, colors, settings, sets, were all so well done that I swear I still remember numerous unique ports/docks/towns/forests/dungeons/brothels/hell-like areas.
    The gameplay - this is the heart of it all. It is an RPG fan's heaven. You have an insane amount of control over the smallest of stat points, abilities, traits, spells, etc...but over ALL of your party members. Same goes for equipment.
    Speaking of party members, the character's in this game are hands down thee most memorable characters in any game I have played. Also, the voice acting is top-notch.

Another memory that stands out to me is the hardcore strategy you had to tap into when dealing with even some common battles (let alone boss like encounters). I remember saving/loading/reloading countless times for many many fights in that game. Adjusting party member positions here and there, changing equipment around, buffing differently, spell casting order differently, etc. etc. Tweaking everything just so, and having my efforts pay off in an amazing death free (for my party members) victory in a blood bath of loot and exp.

And then the rare Dragon encounter...THAT is how dragons are supposed to be represented in video games (I'm looking at you, Skyrim, smh)

And then the side quest...so. many. sidequests. But the thing is, each side quest took you to the most amazingly unique areas and plot lines...and gave you the most amazing loot and exp.

God damnit I can't wait for this game.

If you like any concept of D&D and having it executed properly in an entertaining fashion. You will love this game, also, it has great dialogue choices to choose from, you can insult people for no reason and just kill everyone. It won't help the quest count (all the time) but its definitely a game that really takes fantasy to the level fantasy is at for its hardcore fans. Most fantasy rpgs are just hack and slash run around/get better loot/upgrade.

This is a game where 1 fucking spell roll crits and you're fucked. The god damn Basalisks. They will get your whole party and you stoned. Then bam game over.

If you're a "gamer" and enjoy RPGs play this, and also play Half Life 2. Even if you have already.