Page 208 of 279 FirstFirst ... 203204205206207208209210211212213 ... LastLast
Results 6,211 to 6,240 of 8359

Thread: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS4 - WII U - XBone - PS3 - 360 - WII

Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS3 - 360 - WII

Why do you say that? Think it will be all new music? Or just selections from the 2 games?
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

I thought there was some story posted on Kotaku or something where someone from Activision said it probably won't have the same soundtrack, due to licensing fees and all that bullshit. Plus it's not Neversoft in charge of this...it's the same developers who created "Ride" (that horrible piece of shit with the plastic board you stood on)...so no telling what the controls are gonna be like either.

If it was a disc based game for $50 or whatever I'd be less inclined, but its just Xbox Live Arcade! So little investment.

I'd rather have major redoes of games like this Tony Hawk HD from PS1/Dreamcast/N64 over them just updating the textures and resolution a bit of PS2 games and putting them on a blu ray. The only one of those thats been worth are the team Ico duo IMO.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

look at the soundtrack for thps 2 on iPhone. it was the full game but it had an entirely new soundtrack.

October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 18 - Slayer
    November 19 - eyehategod
    January 31 - Mayhem/Watain

Quote Originally Posted by TomServo View Post
    If you play Modern Warfare 3, go to the Community game types and play the "Drop Zone" game type - you run to the drop zone and just being there drops you kill streak rewards (boxes that fall from the sky). Once you get into it and try out some of the killstreak rewards (Stealth Bomber, Osprey Gunner and the like) you might see the fun in it. Plus, nobody gets streaks for kills - you have to get them through the Drop Zone.

I used to absolutely hate the killstreak crap - some sniper dick would get 23 kills and 3 deaths in a team game and be dropping bombs on mofos from a football field away... but now the Recon killstreaks don't reset every death, they have the Drop Zone game type, and there are no-killstreak game types as well. So, there's something for everybody and you can level up whatever guns you like, or just pick up the guns from other dead folk as you play.
    If you hate other people punishing you with their killstreaks just have a Stinger as a secondary or an EMP from the support killstreaks. There's nothing more satisfying on CoD than hearing "Enemy osprey gunner inbound" and then taking it out before it can get any kills.

I got excited reading the stuff about THPS HD and then when you said it was done by the people who made "Ride" I got really sad.

I couldn't play Ride because my feet are too big to fit on the plastic board.

Totoro! Hell yeah.

Kind of laughing at myself for coming to this thread and completely forgetting what I was gonna say after seeing Totoro...

catbus strikes again
    Quote Originally Posted by bug on your lip View Post
    you ever get this uneasy feeling that everyone of us on this board is actually in Hell?

There is a Studio Ghibli video game for PS3 and NDS called Ni no Kuni (Second Country). I don't know if the NDS version is coming to America, but the PS3 version is supposed to hit the States sometime this year, allegedly.

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Nintendo Admits: Wii U Will Not Compete Against PlayStation 4, Xbox Next
    [01/31/2012 08:50 PM]
    by Anton Shilov

Nintendo has admitted that while its forthcoming Wii U game console will support high-definition graphics and will be rather powerful, it will not be able to compete with the next-generation systems from Microsoft Corp. or Sony Corp. in terms of performance as they will be ultra-powerful. Instead, Nintendo calls its approach balanced as it features both improvements and exclusive technologies.

"There are a variety of different ways to show the unique appeal of software. What’s important here is not to narrow down what we can do. Rather, we have to create the dynamic range of appeals that the consumers can appreciate. We decided to make a proposal of an additional screen into the Wii U controller because developers could think of a variety of different possibilities here and there of using both a big TV screen and a screen in a player’s hand," said Satoru Iwata, the president of Nintendo, during a conference call with investors.

Nintendo's approach with the original Wii was similar: to make a unique game system that would be not directly competing with more powerful devices by companies with a lot more financial and other resources. Nintendo did succeed in that, but had to sacrifice product cycle comparable to PlayStation and Xbox as well as the market of hardcore games. With Wii U, Nintendo hopes to regain core gamers thanks to improved performance and slightly different approach of work with game designers that is projected to yield into higher amount of titles for the new console. What Nintendo clearly did not want to do was to create a competitor for the next breed of systems: PlayStation 4 and Xbox Loop.

"We are aiming to make a system which shall not be forced into competing with the others where the contenders can fight only with massive developer resources and long development times as their weapons. Having said that, however, as I mentioned, it is true that, in some software areas, we need to be engaged in the power games. Take The Legend of Zelda franchise, for example, the fans must be looking for the graphic representations that they do not see as cheap at all when the title is released for the Wii U," added Mr. Iwata.

A third-party game developer has confirmed that Nintendo's approach for working with third-parties has changed dramatically. Apparently, Nintendo is constantly adjusting firmware and hardware of Wii U in accordance with demands from game designers.

"They asked us what we would want from the hardware, and when we give them feedback we can see that they have definitely listened and making changes. The hardware is still changing constantly," said Yosuke Hayashi from Team Ninja, in an interview with Eurogamer web-site.

I have to admit, the idea of having a touch screen "remote" is kinda dumb, especially seeing how my son already handles the current Wii Remotes (cut to 7 yr old biting the nun chuck cord in a conniption fit, then whirling the remote and nunchuck to the ground. Stomps off to his room, cries a little, then comes back for more)

When is Journey coming out? Want to take it.

100% Caffeinated

having been an avid gamer for 20+ years, I now realize that it really is now all about games like Journey. When I play all of the big blockbuster "perfect 10" games (the halos, GTAs, Uncharteds, CoDs, MWs, God of Wars, Skyrim, etc) I tend to think that I just don't care to play video games anymore. It is not that they are BAD games, I'll be the first to admit that they are "good".
    For the longest time I couldn't figure out why I didn't play as many video games. I'd still buy all those blockbuster games, but I found my reactions have been a big "meh".
    Over the last couple years, however, I've learned that I still have that love/obsession for video games, its just that the games that really grab hold for me are the more unique and "off the beaten path".

Yeah yeah yeah ok maybe I'm a hipster when it comes to video games. I also think that it has to do with my life being so filled with, well, life activities, that my video game time is VERY limited, and I've become a lot more choosy when it comes to what I spend my video game time on.
    Will Journey be a good game? I have no idea. But I am excited that games like this are being encouraged and promoted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    I hope Wario and Donkey Kong don't conflict.

2007, 2008, 2009, 2010

Coachella Junkie

Tim Schafer decides fuck it, let's have people fund our game development. Collects 400k in 8 hours, nearly a million in under 24.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...fine-adventure

been pretty crazy watching that unfold. looks like it'll hit the 1 million mark before the 24 hours are up. i guess it has already broken a bunch of kickstarter records.

Awesome idea--Wish it wasn't to make a point-and-click adventure.

Of the last three Total Wars, which is better/least glitchy - Empire, Napoleon or Shogun II?

I like fighting in Europe, but I prefer Melee battles to ranged, so I dunno. Help a nerd out, yo.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Premium Roast View Post
    When is Journey coming out? Want to take it.

full article here: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1218459p1.html

Thatgamecompany, the studio behind Flow and Flower, is one of the most revered indie developers in the entire gaming industry. And PlayStation 3 gamers know their unique forays into the gaming space all too well.

As the third title in their three game development deal with Sony, Journey, has been much-anticipated. We last saw the game back in December, and were told the game is coming out in the second quarter of 2012. But now, we have some new information that indicates the game is coming out sooner than that.

According to Issue #227 of Game Informer Magazine, Journey will be out before the second quarter. A preview of the game on page 18 of the issue in question ends with the following sentence: "No matter how you describe [Journey], it's a title that should absolutely be on your radar as we near its release in March."

We've reached out to Sony for official comment and/or confirmation, and will update when we hear back.

October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 18 - Slayer
    November 19 - eyehategod
    January 31 - Mayhem/Watain

Coachella Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    Of the last three Total Wars, which is better/least glitchy - Empire, Napoleon or Shogun II?
    My understanding is Shogun II is considered the best since Rome. I've never had the patience to get deep enough into the campaign to really confirm that though.

Shogun it is, much obliged.

Wheels Of Cheese

Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    Tim Schafer decides fuck it, let's have people fund our game development. Collects 400k in 8 hours, nearly a million in under 24.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...fine-adventure
    Wow. I used to LOVE the old Lucas Arts games. Nostalgia...
    Yea I think a lot of men think they are bad ass, but a 12 year old with a AK can take me out I know ...... cr****

Do any of you play: TF2, Minecraft, Spiral Knights, NBA2K12 (PC)?

I use to be into TF2 loads. Got very different once it went free-to-play and they added in some of the crazy updates. I'll boot it up every once in a while.

I had to bail on Minecraft before it ate my life completely.

Gamecrack. It's pure gamecrack.

Game crack indeed. At my peak I was spending 25-30 hours a week playing, it was addiction at its finest.

Also in Diablo 3 the wizard can do a smaller version of what happens 16 seconds into this video.

It's beautiful.
    2007, 2008, 2009, 2010

I was playing Minecraft for a while, but I got pretty bored of it. I think it needs greater variety of all things.
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Yea it gets pretty boring by itself, but if you play with friends and you're working toward a common goal (like building a massive castle in the side of a mountain with secret corridors, traps, huge underground stairwells, etc.) then it's usually easier to keeps on interest piqued. Having voice chat support really helps too.
    2007, 2008, 2009, 2010

The giant goatse.cx is a site to see