Page 277 of 279 FirstFirst ... 272273274275276277278279 LastLast
Results 8,281 to 8,310 of 8366

Thread: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS4 - WII U - XBone - PS3 - 360 - WII

Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS4 - WII U - XBone - PS3 - 360 - WII

Still holding onto hope for PS4 sequels to Modnation Racers and Playstation Allstars

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Placebo 10/23, Charli XCX 10/25, Warpaint 10/27, Digitalism 11/7, First Aid Kit 11/13, Tegan & Sara 11/14, Tame Impala 11/15, Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events
    Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

I don't know if I personally want this since im not a fan of the gamecube controller unless they actually are going have gamecube virtual console.Yet the bundle for smash bros, a game cube controller adapter,and a speical gamecube controller for $99 .http://mynintendonews.com/2014/08/16...dle-on-amazon/
    Translation

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Still pretty serious about this.

Perfume Genius @ The Independent 10/21/14
    Moodymann @ PW 10/25/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14
    The Drive by Truckers, Sturgill Simpson @ The Fillmore 11/20/14
    Caribou @The Fillmore 03/01/14

Last.fm

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

This is oddly compelling.

http://www.twitch.tv/fishplaystreetfighter

October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 18 - Slayer
    November 19 - eyehategod
    January 31 - Mayhem/Watain

These Amiibos look pretty fucking awesome and thinking about picking up a Link or Samus, or a Mario.
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...bo%2Caps%2C220

Also I just found out about a sequel to this really fun SNES Dragonball Z RPG with a card battle system on a Bandai Playai called Dragon Ball Z Gaiden: Shin Saiyajin Zetsumetsu Keikaku - Uchū Hen which if there's a english patch I would drop any video game I'm currently playing to play it. The original is called Dragon Ball Z: Super Saiya Densetsu and there is a English patch if you're into emulators I would recommend a download.
    Last edited by getbetter; 08-30-2014 at 04:13 PM.
    Translation

Moodymann @ PW 10/25/14

Last.fm

Sorry to post so much about Nintendo. There's a Capcom sale right now with Ducktales and D&D : Chroicles of Mayarta(SP) which with my deluxe promotion I got $5 off so I both for about $8-9 which I think is really great deal. D&D : Tower of Doom is a really great SNES side scroller kinda like Golden Axe with RPG elements and had a sequel to it as well. but with this version it's both of the SNES games with CO-OP online play(well i guess you could of always had a snes emulator and played online way).Plus Ducktales is a game I have a really good memory of playing on NES as child and a remake with better graphics.

Also I'm surprised how much I keep forgetting that there's two rewards programs for WII U that it's seems like I forgot about them and by the time I do remember I either have points to redeems with or very close to it. One is a survey pre and post that you fill out and is a lot more detailed than those cards you would get with your Sega Genesis games and the other is a point based system off what you buy on the Eshop.Which I was shocked to find out today that I got Pikmin 3 from the Mario Kart 8 promotion for free and got the full 60 points with it as well.
    Last edited by getbetter; 08-31-2014 at 02:52 PM.
    Translation

Moodymann @ PW 10/25/14

Last.fm

Just finished The Last of Us Remastered (PS4), also beat it on the PS3. Fantastic game. Underrated, if that's a thing that happens with huge blockbuster games.

I loved it. Lots of moments when I wondered what Roger Ebert's "Video Games are not art" argument would be.

I'm finally going to start playing Watch Dogs in the near future, I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by TomServo View Post
    Underrated
    What?
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Screaming Females - 10/23 - Red 7
    Guy Gerber - 10/29 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Fun Fun Fun Fest -11/7 - 11/9 - Auditorium Shores
    Thee Oh Sees - 11/11 - Hotel Vegas
    Caribou - 11/23 - The Mohawk

Yeah, I have heard nothing but good things about The Last of Us .
    Translation

Moodymann @ PW 10/25/14

Last.fm

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

The Last of Us was for the better part of a year up to its release one of the most hyped up games I have ever heard of, and then upon release was given only rave reviews by consumers and game critics. It sold 7 million copies in one year and the new remaster version sold 1.5 million copies in 24 hours. You are smoking crack to call it underrated. It is a major hit in every sense of the word.

All that said, I haven't played it yet, and now that it's hovering around $40 on Amazon I may finally get to it soon.
    last.fm
    10/22/14 - TV On The Radio @ Regent // 11/9/14 - Bad Religion @ Mayan // 11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo

Last of Us was great but it was also really draining. I don't know that I could ever revisit that game again. It has so many moments that are so incredible tense and uncomfortable that you just need to take a break every now and then.

October 29 - The Melvins
    November 18 - Slayer
    November 19 - eyehategod

I've got enough stress in my life. I guess I'm not that serious of a gamer to play games like that.
    northside groove...southside groove....eastside groove...westside groove

I'm not a serious gamer at all... but that's one game I absolutely had to have. Everything about it, the writing, score, gameplay, graphics, etc. are all incredible. I agree with Nathan, though that it's draining, intense, disturbing, etc.

15 years. R.I.P. Never Forget.

October 29 - The Melvins
    November 18 - Slayer
    November 19 - eyehategod

I need to make a list of games that I have never played but want to and put Skies of Arcadia and Blue Stringer on there.I read this great article a couple days ago about Dreamcast and thought this quote was great.
    Piracy made Dreamcast owners smart and smart owners made Dreamcast look good.
    Translation

Moodymann @ PW 10/25/14

Last.fm

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

As a huge fighting game enthusiast, Dreamcast was a fucking amazing system. And the ability to easily use boot discs to play pirated games made it one of the only systems where it was easy to play import games, so these were tons of great japanese fighting games to play.
    last.fm
    10/22/14 - TV On The Radio @ Regent // 11/9/14 - Bad Religion @ Mayan // 11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo

Greatest system ever made.

Last edited by Grandma; 09-09-2014 at 08:53 PM.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

I had no idea there was so much love for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandma View Post
    Greatest system ever made.

This * 1,000,000

Oh and if anything, Last of Us is definitely OVERrated.

Alien front online was one those games I should of returned after 2 hours of playing it ... sigh regret!
    Last edited by getbetter; 09-10-2014 at 07:07 PM.
    Translation

Moodymann @ PW 10/25/14

Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I need to make a list of games that I have never played but want to and put Skies of Arcadia and Blue Stringer on there.I read this great article a couple days ago about Dreamcast and thought this quote was great.
    Blue Stinger is easily one of the weirdest games I've ever played. Right up there with Illbleed.

October 29 - The Melvins
    November 18 - Slayer
    November 19 - eyehategod

So far I like Destiny (I'm only a couple hours in, but I'm enjoying the atmosphere and music). I bought the limited edition, which I do think is a tad overpriced (and the Ghost edition being wayyy overpriced), but the little arms book and star poster are both pretty cool. Also, I was able to get an Xbox One through my work, and what happens with it? It wouldn't read blu-ray movie discs or my Ryse: Son of Rome disc, so I had to send it in this week...just great....

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    Oh and if anything, Last of Us is definitely OVERrated.
    Never change.

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    So far I like Destiny (I'm only a couple hours in, but I'm enjoying the atmosphere and music). I bought the limited edition, which I do think is a tad overpriced (and the Ghost edition being wayyy overpriced), but the little arms book and star poster are both pretty cool. Also, I was able to get an Xbox One through my work, and what happens with it? It wouldn't read blu-ray movie discs or my Ryse: Son of Rome disc, so I had to send it in this week...just great....
    I've read a ton of mixed reviews about this game. I know the game is always online like an MMO, but does it feel like COD or Halo online at all? If it feels like one constant deathmatch game then I'll probably pass, but I originally was really looking forward to this game before I found out about the online stuff. I've seen a lot of comparisons to Borderlands as well.

October 29 - The Melvins
    November 18 - Slayer
    November 19 - eyehategod

Nintendo is doing another killer sale. I might spend $15 on games this week.http://www.nintendo.com/eshop/offers
    Translation

Moodymann @ PW 10/25/14

Last.fm

I've read a ton of mixed reviews about this game. I know the game is always online like an MMO, but does it feel like COD or Halo online at all? If it feels like one constant deathmatch game then I'll probably pass, but I originally was really looking forward to this game before I found out about the online stuff. I've seen a lot of comparisons to Borderlands as well.
    While there's apparently a PVP element to it... My understanding is that you have to unlock it and access it... After playing the beta, I found the Borderlands comparison to be pretty weak... (I get what they are trying to say with the comparison, but it oversells the loot mechanic in the game, imo)

All in all, I was completely underwhelmed by the game... BUT... Games like Halo always bored me... With very few exceptions (Titanfall, Borderlands, Bioshock) the FPS genre has never really been my bag.

The Last of Us being underrated is a reference to the fact that a great many websites/publications seemed to forget it existed after a couple of months when Grand Theft Auto V was released, not a reference to its critical reception, which was excellent across the board. A game that good shouldn't be forgotten after a couple of months.

Thankfully the PS4 re-release is reminding some gamers to go play the fucking thing. It's a great experience. In a world where the shabby writing and acting of The Walking Dead is considered some of the best stuff on TV (and I like that show), TLOU deserves more attention. In my opinion.

I know this is a stretch, but if anyone is a platinum Club Nintendo member, do any of you have an extra code for that Super Smash Bros. 3DS demo?

9/16 - Drake @ Shoreline
    10/19 - Metronomy @ Belly-Up Tavern
    10/21 - Metronomy @ The Regent Theater
    10/23 - Metronomy @ Regency Ballroom
    11/17 - Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent
    2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 wk 2, 2013 wk 1, 2014 wk 1

Good luck man.i would share if I did. I am so excited to fight as the duck hunt dog.
    Translation

Moodymann @ PW 10/25/14

Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Good luck man.i would share if I did. I am so excited to fight as the duck hunt dog.
    People are selling their codes on ebay for $15-$30 dollars...

9/16 - Drake @ Shoreline
    10/19 - Metronomy @ Belly-Up Tavern
    10/21 - Metronomy @ The Regent Theater
    10/23 - Metronomy @ Regency Ballroom
    11/17 - Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent
    2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 wk 2, 2013 wk 1, 2014 wk 1