Page 275 of 276 FirstFirst ... 270271272273274275276 LastLast
Results 8,221 to 8,250 of 8274

Thread: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS4 - WII U - XBone - PS3 - 360 - WII

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS4 - WII U - XBone - PS3 - 360 - WII

I am really curious about The Order: 1886 and Blood Borne. I thought both trailers were great.
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Blood Borne is from the same team that did Demons Souls and Dark Souls. I have high hopes for that one.
    July 29 - Boris
    August 1 - Black Label Society
    August 14 - Nine Inch Nails/Soundgarden/DEP
    August 27 - Röyksopp & Robyn
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 12 - Austin City Limits: Day 3
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Metal Festival
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 23 - Caribou

I enjoyed yesterday's E3 conferences. I'm most excited about Uncharted 4: A Thief's End. I knew they'd show a little tease of that though, so I wasn't surprised to see it. But I'm still counting down the seconds to I don't even know when.

I'm really intrigued by No Man's Sky. I hope the procedurally generated stuff is varied enough that the new things we encounter in the game actually feel like new things. I've learned to not get too excited about these new games over the past years because sometimes they don't even show up, but it's hard to not get excited from what they showed yesterday.

Another one that I liked was ABZU, that underwater game from Giant Squid. I love atmospheric games like Proteus and Flower. It's like the ambient music of video games.

Finally, I know EA can be a real son of a bitch, but it's hard for me to stay away from The Sims 4. I actually like that they kept the art style of The Sims 3. They should work on the sims acting more realistic, rather than looking more realistic (I think the art style is charming anyway). I worry if I'll even be able to play the game though. I don't have a gaming PC. All I use is a MacBook Pro with bootcamp, which gets the job done for most of the games I want to play (including The Sims 3), but I can see and hear how it struggles with bigger games.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Nintendo is the most out of touch company I've ever seen. They opened the conference with an announcement about their stupid Miis being featured in the latest Super Smash Bros. game. Then they announce that you can put toys on the gamepad to give you powers in the game. Then they announce a game featuring Toad from the Mario series. At least they have Zelda and Mario to fall back on and people will eat it up. I can't stand how out of touch the people at Nintendo are.
    July 29 - Boris
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 16 - Earth
    September 21 - Nails
    October 10 - Bonobo
    November 23 - Caribou

Yoshi whool world, captain toad, and the new zelda all look fantastic.

Sequal to canvas curse?!

I'm at work so I can't wat h but is it like the toad levels in mario world 3d because that could be good.
    Translation

Rufus Wainwright @ Stern Grove 07/27/14
    Xiu Xiu @ BoTH 08/01/14
    FYF @ LA Sport Area 08/23 - 08/24/14
    Swans @ The Independent 08/08/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14

Last.fm

The Captain Toad mini games in Super Mario 3 World are fun as fuck.....I'm totally jazzed that he's getting a full game.

During their E3 Digital Event, Nintendo showed off a trailer showcasing the same isometric puzzle look and feel as 3D World’s minigames, but with much more depth and variety. For example, the normally helpless Toad can pick up turnips and throw them at fools, Super Mario Bros. 2-style.

The trailer also emphasized level variety by showing stages themed with haunted mansions, colorful hills, and Galaxy-esque neon space. Enemies in the trailer included Kamek as well as a giant dragon boss who lives in a volcano.

7/18: The Field @ The Independent
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

So far the Yoshi game is the only thing I'm really looking forward to from this.
    July 29 - Boris
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 16 - Earth
    September 21 - Nails
    October 10 - Bonobo
    November 23 - Caribou

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Nintendo is the most out of touch company I've ever seen. They opened the conference with an announcement about their stupid Miis being featured in the latest Super Smash Bros. game. Then they announce that you can put toys on the gamepad to give you powers in the game. Then they announce a game featuring Toad from the Mario series. At least they have Zelda and Mario to fall back on and people will eat it up. I can't stand how out of touch the people at Nintendo are.
    I think you're misinterpreting these things as being targeted toward you, as opposed to the children they are trying to sell these products to.
    last.fm
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    I think you're misinterpreting these things as being targeted toward you, as opposed to the children they are trying to sell these products to.
    And non-gaming adult women like myself.

7/18: The Field @ The Independent
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

A lot of their games are played by people 25 and up. They have a lot of adult gamers that they never seem to cater too anymore aside from a new zelda game every 4 years.
    July 29 - Boris
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 16 - Earth
    September 21 - Nails
    October 10 - Bonobo
    November 23 - Caribou

I only wish Smash would come out sooner. Sony won out of the 3 main conferences.

These were the ones that stood out for me from each:

Microsoft:

-The Capcom DLC for Dead Rising 3 made me go out and buy the game today
    -I'd like to play all the Halo games before 5 comes out since this is my first XBOX system

Sony

-I wasn't too impressed with the Powers presentation but the idea that they are releasing original programming like that excites me
    -The new mini system (not sure what it was called) looks great to utilize my PS4 in more than one room and have the previous suite of PS games from PS Now
    -Interactive Live from Playstation is finally going to be activated
    -Blood Borne
    -MGSV
    -LBP3
    -Allowing our progress from GTA V to crossover from PS3 to PS4 is great and gives me hope for GT6 and TLOU moving over to PS4 having that same feature

Nintendo

-Smash Bros details and the Mii characters got me excited. (Ice T won)
    -The video at the beginning was pretty fun

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Echo & the Bunnymen 8/2, #BEENTRILL#/Jesse Andrews OSL Afterparty 8/8, Sir Paul McCartney 8/14, Offspring/Pennywise/Bad Religion 8/31, Swans 9/8, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Charli XCX 10/25
    Events
    SDCC 7/24-27, Outside Kanye West Lands 8/8, FYF Fest 8/23-24, Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    I thought 3 was pretty good actually....if you like the setting/time period that is.
    I have no issues with the setting/time period... 3 was still garbage... I had sworn off the series after playing that one... Only picked up 4 because someone I trusted assured me that it was much better... and I was pleased to see that they were right.

Game of the show so far for me is The Witcher 3, followed by Dragon Age Inquisition and then Fable Legends.

For me it's been The Witcher 3, Assassins Creed 3, Dragon Age Inquisition, Yoshi's Wooly World, and Evolve and Mortal Kombat X looks really fun too.

edit: really though, there were so many good games announced this year it's hard to list them all. I'm glad it's not a console year this year and all the focus is on software.
    Last edited by nathanfairchild; 06-10-2014 at 11:08 AM.
    July 29 - Boris
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 16 - Earth
    September 21 - Nails
    October 10 - Bonobo
    November 23 - Caribou

There are enough exciting releases for me to have to start seriously thinking about buying a new console now. Sigh.
    last.fm

Evolve is great. Love the new monster. Totally forgot about Mortal Kombat...the gameplay looks crazy. The level with the waves in the background and you are grabbing out ghouls/dead bodies from the ocean and throwing them at ppl. Seriously immerse environments...has me excited for a fighter for the first time in a long while.

And yes, the new assassins creeed looks really good as well....whoever has a ps4 we will have to team up for some missions this fall!

This is exactly the kind of games I want to play. This looks so much fun.

last.fm

This does look really cool. I have never played an Assassin's Creed game - which ones are good and which ones should I avoid?
    AC II to me is still the best one. Huge leap forward from the first game, and I think it had the best story line. The "sequels" that followed were alright, following the story to its conclusion. I still haven't finished 3 because it became boring to me.

The new Zelda will be open world? Like.

Boris - 7/29 - The Mohawk
    NIN/Soundgarden/ - 8/14 - Austin 360
    Woods - 8/20 - Holy Mountain
    Jamie xx - 8/27 - The Mohawk
    Little Dragon - 8/31 - Moody Theater
    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town

Drinkey, have you looked into Pikmin 3? That is sort of a lemmings/strategy like game as far as I have gotten with it.Yet I haven't played more than 40 minutes.
    Translation

Rufus Wainwright @ Stern Grove 07/27/14
    Xiu Xiu @ BoTH 08/01/14
    FYF @ LA Sport Area 08/23 - 08/24/14
    Swans @ The Independent 08/08/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14

Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    Another one that I liked was ABZU, that underwater game from Giant Squid. I love atmospheric games like Proteus and Flower. It's like the ambient music of video games.
    ABZU looks incredible. I read somewhere it likely won't be out until 2016, which is a really loooooooooong wait

I also have to say a game that seems to be ignored quite a bit is Alien: Isolation, and this game looks absolutely stunning. I get it that the last "Alien" game was a pile of shit, but this is by a completely different developer, and has been in the making for 4 years. It's also "survival/horror" which I know is pretty popular right now, but this game is literally like you're experiencing the original 1979 film. The developers even said that every model/texture/object in the game, wasn't made unless it would have been possible to make it on the actual movie set back in 1979, so it really comes off as having that authentic feel. With both the Order and Batman being delayed, I'd say this is easily my most anticipated game of the fall, with LBP3 right behind.

I really enjoyed Nintendo's conference today. Open world Zelda is obviously the most exciting part, along with the StarFox teaser at the very end. As other have mentioned, Yoshi's Wooly World looks incredibly and the Toad game has a lot of potential to be very fun. A release date for Smash Bros 3DS and news of Smash Bros Wii U bundle are great as well. As is the confirmation of Pac-Man in the game. Where the hell is Captain Falcon though!?

With all that being said, I am quite surprised almost nobody is talking about Mario Maker and Splatoon. Yes, Splatoon does look a little silly and childish, but it contains the goofy innocence and wacky gameplay that has made some of Nintendo's best games in the past. And Mario Maker just looks like an absolute blast. I mean, your chance to customize your very own Mario levels and then play them in either 8-bit or 3D? C'mon. That is amazing! I am assuming it will also have a sharing feature where your friends can play the level you created from their very own living room. Too cool. You can't tell me these don't look like fun.

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

I have little to no interest in making my own Mario levels. I'd prefer levels to be designed by people who are masters at it.
    last.fm

It's been a little over 4 years since Mario Galaxy 2 came out. I'm ready for another "Mario 64" style Mario game. Mario 3D World was fun, but it's not the same thing.
    July 29 - Boris
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 16 - Earth
    September 21 - Nails
    October 10 - Bonobo
    November 23 - Caribou

This is exactly the kind of games I want to play. This looks so much fun.

Only if u can insert your own music to your own levels

Wolfenstein: The New Order is probably the best game released so far this year

Quote Originally Posted by Grandma View Post
    Wolfenstein: The New Order is probably the best game released so far this year
    agreed.
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015