Page 273 of 278 FirstFirst ... 268269270271272273274275276277 ... LastLast
Results 8,161 to 8,190 of 8313

Thread: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS4 - WII U - XBone - PS3 - 360 - WII

Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS4 - WII U - XBone - PS3 - 360 - WII

It's better than littlebigplanet and it has Thwomps in HD. Later tonight I'll make a list of upcoming and games that are already out. WII u is backwards compatible with Wii games so Mario Galaxy 1($20)&2($40)which are both cheaper now day along with Zelda twilight princess($20) and Skyward sword($60) and Metriod Prime trilogy ($60 used and up to $200 new).

After playing Littlebigplanet I said to my friends that it's better than Mario which even felt weird to say then. Yet a lot of the levels made by the developers and users aren't that great especially for replay value and there was really only a handful that were actual solid platformer levels that you want to play with your friends. While Super Mario world 3d gives players a competitive who can score the most points and win the crown for the next level on super rich levels. There isn't a grab feature in Super Mario world 3D which in my taste was the best feature about Littlebigplanet it is not as full filling as performing wall jumps and aerobics that Mario has.to offer. Guedita has lately been playing the game more than me and Mario obsessed than I have mainly because I'm trying to catch up on my Internet reading after work. Yet the game is really clean and a true to the seal of quality Nintendo has to offer. I recommend checking out a Wii u demo at a gamespot to check it out if none of your friends have one . Also you can play the game on the game tablet controller in bed before you go to bed is nice.
    Last edited by getbetter; 05-26-2014 at 07:53 PM.
    Translation

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Still pretty serious about this.

Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival 10/03 - 10/05/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Treasure Island @ Treasure Island 10/18 & 10/19/14
    Moodymann @ PW 10/25/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14

Last.fm

As games go Nintendo is really quite as far as announcing what they are doing and wait more than what you would suspect as they didn't announce Super Mario World 3D world till last year which was the same year it was released. Yet there's a JRPG that is rumor to online game play and be a new Xenoblade game.

There's a also a new Smash Brothers and Zelda game on the horizon.
    Translation

Moodymann @ PW 10/25/14

Last.fm

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

So everything I've read is saying that Watch Dogs really isn't living up to the hype. Kind of surprised hearing this but it sounds like the game doesn't know what it wants to be. It's borrowing elements from Assassins Creed, GTA, and the driving is really arcade-like from what I've seen. Also the graphics are nothing compared to what they showed at E3 a couple years ago. I guess they had to dumb the graphics down since they had to develop the game for PS3/360/WiiU as well as PS4/XBONE. Overall it just seems to have a real lack of polish which is surprising since they delayed it 6 months to iron everything out. It's a shame that they delivered such a vanilla game after all of that hype. I think I'm going to wait until the holidays to try when it drops down to $30 or so. Just can't justify the full price for this game.
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - The Zombies / Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 18 - Slayer

Looking over the games that have come out of Ubisoft there a lot of games that I never liked or were awful besides Rayman, Prince of Persia, Farcry, Armed Core 2, and Ape Escape 2 . If Watchdogs does end up coming out on Wii U. I'll be tempted to get it because they did say they would use the game tablet in unique way in-game.

So Nintendo isn't doing announcement on-site for E3 instead doing a online presentation which I like because I'm not going to E3. Along with E3 happening Nintendo is having best buys across the nation hosting Super Smash Bros a four player demo for five hours for two different days June 11th and June 14th. And if you pre-order Smash Bros the first 70 get a rare coin and everyone who pre orders the game those days you get $5 certificate when you pick up the game later that year.
    Nintendo has a smashing surprise in store for fans this summer. In partnership with Best Buy, Nintendo will offer players a chance to go head-to-head with Super Smash Bros. for Wii U before it launches in stores later this year. On June 11 from 4 to 9 p.m. and June 14 from 12 to 5 p.m. local time, more than 100 Best Buy stores around the U.S. will host “Super Smash Bros.Smash-Fest @ Best Buy,” an event that features the same demo version ofSuper Smash Bros. for Wii U that people will get to play at the E3 2014 video game trade show in Los Angeles. Participating Best Buy locations for the event can be found by visiting http://www.bestbuy.com/smashfest

The four-player demo of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U lets players battle it out against one another using their favorite characters from fan-favorite video game franchises like Pokémon, Super Mario Bros., Mega Man, Sonic the Hedgehog and The Legend of Zelda.

In addition to the action-filled demo, the first 70 attendees who pre-orderSuper Smash Bros. for Wii U or Nintendo 3DS at each event will receive a rare collectible Super Smash Bros. gold coin (one per customer, while supplies last). As a bonus offer, people will get a $5 My Best Buy Rewards Zone certificate when they both pre-order and pick up their game upon release.

As one of E3 2014′s most talked-about games, Super Smash Bros. will likely draw a crowd to the Best Buy locations, so attendees should bring their Nintendo 3DS or Nintendo 2DS systems to the event and take advantage of the perfect chance to play games like Kirby: Triple Deluxe or Mario Golf: World Tour.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS are scheduled to launch in 2014. For more information about the games, visit http://www.smashbros.com/us/.
    I hope to check out the demo at the Geary location in SF because when I went to buy my Wii U there it was full of freaks.
    Translation

Moodymann @ PW 10/25/14

Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    So everything I've read is saying that Watch Dogs really isn't living up to the hype. Kind of surprised hearing this but it sounds like the game doesn't know what it wants to be. It's borrowing elements from Assassins Creed, GTA, and the driving is really arcade-like from what I've seen. Also the graphics are nothing compared to what they showed at E3 a couple years ago. I guess they had to dumb the graphics down since they had to develop the game for PS3/360/WiiU as well as PS4/XBONE. Overall it just seems to have a real lack of polish which is surprising since they delayed it 6 months to iron everything out. It's a shame that they delivered such a vanilla game after all of that hype. I think I'm going to wait until the holidays to try when it drops down to $30 or so. Just can't justify the full price for this game.
    That's a little harsh for a game you haven't played.

Also the Order: 1886 got delayed until "early 2015", but I don't find it that big of deal...there should be more than enough games this fall to keep me busy. My current #1 on my watch/must have list is Alien: Isolation. The more I watch of that game, the more I want it my hands this very second.

Also want to say, regarding Watch Dogs, anyone who has been reading reviews saying the driving in this game sucks....that's complete horseshit. I've read people saying its worse than GTA IV.....BULLSHIT it is. The driving in this game is perfect. GTA IV was like hydroplaning on a slick oil field (absolutely the worse driving I've ever experienced in a game)...Watch Dogs is nothing like that. I've sped around town, weaved in and out of traffic and made tight turns all just fine. Also the first person view for driving is pretty cool too.

Does it show the interior of each car in first person mode?
    Translation

Moodymann @ PW 10/25/14

Last.fm

Can you actually watch any dogs at all? If not then this game is complete bullshit.

2.6/10
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    Also want to say, regarding Watch Dogs, anyone who has been reading reviews saying the driving in this game sucks....that's complete horseshit. I've read people saying its worse than GTA IV.....BULLSHIT it is. The driving in this game is perfect. GTA IV was like hydroplaning on a slick oil field (absolutely the worse driving I've ever experienced in a game)...Watch Dogs is nothing like that. I've sped around town, weaved in and out of traffic and made tight turns all just fine. Also the first person view for driving is pretty cool too.
    I heard the driving in the game sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Guedita has lately been playing the game more than me and Mario obsessed than I have mainly because I'm trying to catch up on my Internet reading after work.
    You guys have the life.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Hey getbetter, are we going to throw down some serious Mario Kart 8 action down online this weekend or what? I call being Waluigi.

Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Can you actually watch any dogs at all? If not then this game is complete bullshit.

2.6/10
    Nailed it!!
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

Sunday would be better since I'll still be in Oregon Saturday morning and bringing my Wii U over a friends house for a Mario Kart 8/ Super Mario World 3D four player action Saturday night. You can be Waluigi all you want I'm more into being a Lemmy Koopa.
    Translation

Moodymann @ PW 10/25/14

Last.fm

Free Game: https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/b...andard-edition

Battlefield 3 for free woooo......oooo...oh..

If it's free, it's me.™
    Quote Originally Posted by bug on your lip View Post
    you ever get this uneasy feeling that everyone of us on this board is actually in Hell?

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    That's a little harsh for a game you haven't played.
    Hahahaha!!!!! Ah hahahaha!!!!! You should read your earlier post all 300 of them regarding other gaming systems and games you have never played in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Sunday would be better since I'll still be in Oregon Saturday morning and bringing my Wii U over a friends house for a Mario Kart 8/ Super Mario World 3D four player action Saturday night. You can be Waluigi all you want I'm more into being a Lemmy Koopa.
    Challenge accepted, Lemmy. Beware!
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

So this is basically the smartest thing Nintendo has done in a while. They know what their customers want and they delivered big time. Huge ups for this.

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

I heard on IGN that any competitive smash bros pro playesr play on a wired controller for zero lag response so this is definitely a smart move by Nintendo.
    I cannot wait to get back to buy and play Mario Kart 8 tommorrow.The demo I played last week felt like the exactly same driving response as Mario Kart 64 and it's feels like a miracle that a game can be so refined that it can still feel like that and look par of pixar movie but still be a video game. Also the level of detail is so so awesome remember those blocks in Super Mario Bros that grow a beanstalk well you race on one for a track and every track seems to have a lot of "shortcuts".
    Last edited by getbetter; 05-30-2014 at 03:29 PM.
    Translation

Moodymann @ PW 10/25/14

Last.fm

Mario Kart 8 is awesome. I'm having a blast so far. It really feels like an updated Mario Kart 64 with some new tricks thrown in.

Also, if you're planning on registering your game with Nintendo for their free game promotion, you might want to wait a week or so. Their servers are completely overloaded right now and it's impossible to get through to the site right now. You have until July 31st.
    September 21 - Nails
    October 2 - Beck
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 18 - Slayer

Agreed the wife and I have been playing drunken Mario Kart all day.

Mario Kart 8 Is $49.99 in - store at Fry's .
    Translation

Moodymann @ PW 10/25/14

Last.fm

Also if anyone wants to add me as a friend on Wii u its Getbetter on there as well just note that you are from the board.
    Translation

Moodymann @ PW 10/25/14

Last.fm

September 21 - Nails
    October 2 - Beck
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 18 - Slayer

Just started playing Wolfenstein today and it is the shit, really glad I decided to get it instead of Watch Dogs.
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

The MK8 Wii U bundle is probably the best video game purchase I've ever made.

Mario Kart 8 bundle, pikmine 3 for free with club nintendo ($60 value), and found someone selling a wind waker code for $24 ($50 value). Then I found out about https://p.nintendo.net/deluxe/login.do which earned me $10 from pikmin/zelda downloads so I got Earthbound for free from the e-shop. And it coming with another wii controller to play along with me on the gamepad? Totally set for everything! Every game is beautiful and plays so damn well. And now I have club nintendo coins like no tomorrow, and they have some pretty decent stuff for 3ds here and there. Very excited about more smash bros news and e3 announcements. Very very happy.

My network ID is cutterbutter for anyone out there that wants to play

watch dogs is a lot of fun, idk why anyone would have any gripe with except to just be a debbie downer. lmk if you want to do some races online

Oh damn i forgot about that deluxe promotion.i need to start using that. I hope we also get a monolith release date for that jrpg codenamed X at E3.

Wind waker looks so damn good that it's seems crazy that ten years? ago people were in such a fuss over the cartoon look.
    Last edited by getbetter; 06-03-2014 at 02:09 PM.
    Translation

Moodymann @ PW 10/25/14

Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by dillycup View Post
    watch dogs is a lot of fun, idk why anyone would have any gripe with except to just be a debbie downer. lmk if you want to do some races online
    I think it's probably more a factor of yet another game having ridiculous hype that makes people feel a good game is subpar simply because it didn't live up to that hype.

I'm really enjoying it... Looking forward to spending more time with it this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by spiggums View Post
    I think it's probably more a factor of yet another game having ridiculous hype that makes people feel a good game is subpar simply because it didn't live up to that hype.

I'm really enjoying it... Looking forward to spending more time with it this weekend.
    absolutely, with them pushing it back it inevitably builds too much hype.
    you on xboxone?

oh shit I'm pretty excited about this coming out.

Translation

Moodymann @ PW 10/25/14

Last.fm