Page 272 of 280 FirstFirst ... 267268269270271272273274275276277 ... LastLast
Results 8,131 to 8,160 of 8372

Thread: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS4 - WII U - XBone - PS3 - 360 - WII

Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS4 - WII U - XBone - PS3 - 360 - WII

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Is it on PS4?
    Yeah, $14.99 on the store (digital only). Totally worth it. It uses the Rayman Legends engine, so it has a similar look/graphics to that game, but it's been retouched to reflect more of the fairy tale/animated elements. Beautiful game, great controls, typical RPG battle system (never been a huge fan of those honestly).

Also, I'm too excited for E3, for the reasons listed below:

Uncharted 4 gameplay (hopefully)
    The Order: 1886 gameplay/release date
    The Last Guardian on PS4 announcement (wishful thinking)
    Far Cry 4 (gonna be set in the Himalayas/India - awesome setting)
    God of War 4 preview?
    Sony Bend studio preview for their new PS4 game
    HD/remaster announcements for GT 6, Beyond on PS4 (maybe)
    Shenmue 3

I've given up hope on The Last Guardian ever coming out. One can dream though.

9/21 - Arsis @ New Royal Dive
    10/28 - Tycho @ North Park Theatre
    10/30 - The Rural Alberta Advantage @ Soda Bar
    11/4 - United Nations @ Los Globos
    11/12 - DFA 1979 @ House Of Blues
    11/14 - The Presets @ North Park Theatre
    11/29 - Cake @ Del Mar

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

I got my confirmation, so i will definitely be going to E3 for at least a day this year. Also, I am still obsessed with Rayman Legends currently.
    last.fm
    10/22/14 - TV On The Radio @ Regent // 11/9/14 - Bad Religion @ Mayan // 11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo

Apparently Microsoft is removing the Gold account requirement for access to entertainment apps, and adding the free game program to Xbox One (figured this would eventually happen once they had enough games on the system):
    In June, we’re making Xbox Live Gold even better. Games with Gold will be coming to Xbox One, so a single Gold membership will get you free games on both Xbox One and Xbox 360. Plus, we’re introducing Deals with Gold for Xbox One which gives members exclusive discounts on games and content in the Xbox Store. With the most advanced multiplayer, Games with Gold, and Deals with Gold, Xbox Live Gold is better than ever.

Also, coming in June, all Xbox 360 and Xbox One owners will get access to popular entertainment apps, like Netflix, YouTube, Machinima, and more on Xbox without needing an Xbox Live Gold membership*. This means that everyone can enjoy the amazing gaming, TV and entertainment experiences that Xbox has to offer, right out of the box.

And also a Kinect-less version of the console will be coming out in June for $399.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Also, the free Gold game next month is Dark Souls 1. I highly recommend that you download it if you have gold.

November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 18 - Slayer
    November 19 - eyehategod
    January 31 - Mayhem/Watain

Also, the free Gold game next month is Dark Souls 1. I highly recommend that you download it if you have gold.
    That's for the 360 (along with Charlie Murder and Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade edition). The games next month for Xbox One will be Max: Curse of the Brotherhood and Halo: Spartan Assault.

Here's most LIKELY fake rumors.The idea of a new Star Fox is really exciting as well just getting Gamecube virtual console games; Mario Sunshine AND f-ZERO GX.
    Translation

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Still pretty serious about this.

Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14
    The Drive by Truckers, Sturgill Simpson @ The Fillmore 11/20/14
    Caribou @The Fillmore 03/01/14

Last.fm

Oh my god I'd love a new Star Fox game if it went back to the style of Star Fox 64. I couldn't get into the one on gamecube. I really hope those lists turn out to be real.

November 18 - Slayer
    November 19 - eyehategod

Well I can believe the Metroid rumor which I haven't played prime yet I just want to make sure it's not a HD remake the original prime trilogy. When I do purchase a copy from Gamespot( cheapest place to get one for $50 instead of $150? on amazon.)
    http://www.technobuffalo.com/2014/03...-u-powerhouse/

A new F-Zero game is a bigger question since the last game on game cube, F-Zero gx was part of the Tri force collaboration; Nintendo, Sega, and Namco.Which would be cool if somehow they continue doing something past the game cube lifecycle. I just read that there was only 20 F-Zero arcade machines imported to N.America and I found website selling in the U.K for $8,401 per machine .Which come on get four of those in one place would be a huge arcade nuts dream in N.America.
    Last edited by getbetter; 05-18-2014 at 03:58 PM.
    Translation

Last.fm

I still haven't bought a Wii-U, but an official release date for Smash Bros and the promise of a new Star Fox game (in the style of the N64 game) and Legend of Zelda game would be enough for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

The combo package of the wii-u deluxe w/ mario kart 8, extra controller, and a free game for registering has me highly thinking of getting on board.

You can always get a refurbish Wii U for $200 as well
    Translation

Last.fm

If you haven't picked up (or are on the fence) Wolfenstein: The New Order, I highly suggest you do. It's by far the best game of the year so far. Great story, great visuals (playing on the PS4), and just awesome gameplay. Definitely more in tune with being a "90's FPS", with having to pick up health packs, armor, checkpoints (no instant respawns), etc. I just beat it this afternoon, and I can't get over just how awesome it was (and I almost ignored this game and didn't buy)...

...with that said though, I will say this game gets way too fucking hard at later points...as in so fucking hard I had to lower the difficulty from normal...was ALMOST making the game not fun anymore. It's like the developers suffered from the Uncharted syndrome and just decided to throw "heavies" at you one after another after another after another, but 10x worst. Like seriously, it shouldn't take 50 fucking bullets/shots to take down one dude wearing hardly any armor. That, and the hovering over items to grab can be awkward are my only gripes.

I was looking at Wolfenstein today and it looks great.I have always enjoy that franchise.

Sidenote: gamespot has the Mario kart 8 demo with 8ntracks. I played it today and it's better in every way in Mario Kart 64.I haven't played any thing from the franchise since that game.I could on and on about how has improve and add to the game play and graphics. It also naive 720 and supposedly 59 fps.Mutilplayer 3-4 spiltscreen is 30 fps.
    Last edited by getbetter; 05-25-2014 at 09:02 PM.
    Translation

Last.fm

I thought the new Wolfenstein was set in the 1960's? I saw some screenshots and it looks like Terminator 2.
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Fun Fun Fun Fest -11/7 - 11/9 - Auditorium Shores
    Thee Oh Sees - 11/11 - Hotel Vegas
    Caribou - 11/23 - The Mohawk

It is and the Nazis won world war 2 and the Nazis have always had this Sci Fi and magic technology aka the last boss of Hitler in a walking tank in Wolfenstien 1 . The whole power ups is what he is talking about since found in 90s first person shooters.
    Last edited by getbetter; 05-25-2014 at 08:59 PM.
    Translation

Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Sci Fi technology
    Bleh. I know I'm in the minority, but giant robots and the whole "futuristic" aesthetic doesn't do much for me these days.

Boo hoo, I know.

EDIT* I want an open-world Vietnam game.
    Last edited by Gribbz; 05-25-2014 at 09:04 PM.
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Fun Fun Fun Fest -11/7 - 11/9 - Auditorium Shores
    Thee Oh Sees - 11/11 - Hotel Vegas
    Caribou - 11/23 - The Mohawk

The last wolfenstien I play they had viking ghost or something.
    Translation

Last.fm

I was looking at Wolfenstein today and it looks great.I have always enjoy that franchise.

Sidenote: gamespot has the Mario kart 8 demo with 8ntracks. I played it today and it's better in every way in Mario Kart 64.I haven't played any thing from the franchise since that game.I could on and on about how has improve and add to the game play and graphics. It also naive 720 and supposedly 59 fps.Mutilplayer 3-4 spiltscreen is 30 fps.
    Glad to hear this. I preordered it a couple days ago. Can't wait until Friday. Mario Kart 64 was also my last one too so I'm really excited for this one.

November 18 - Slayer
    November 19 - eyehategod

I've come to the conclusion that the multi player making outside means to connect the friends game is actually great creep filter and socializing on a phone, Facebook groups/friends,Instant media away from video game for Mario Kart 8 .

Also doesn't wii u controller is like a mutant dreamcast controller .
    Last edited by getbetter; 05-25-2014 at 09:51 PM.
    Translation

Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Gribbz View Post
    Bleh. I know I'm in the minority, but giant robots and the whole "futuristic" aesthetic doesn't do much for me these days.

Boo hoo, I know.

EDIT* I want an open-world Vietnam game.
    The latest Wolfenstein is set in an alternate universe where the Nazi's won WWII, America surrended, and the Nazi's technology and weaponry improved to light years beyond what we even have today. It's actually really interesting and cool. And there's all sorts of sets in the game, from your standard newly occupied Nazi London, old country roads, concentration camps, ocean depths, and well...not to play spoiler...places beyond our reach...

I'm still on the fence about buying a next-gen console. Looking for a $350 + game/s bundle for the holidays.
    Quote Originally Posted by bug on your lip View Post
    you ever get this uneasy feeling that everyone of us on this board is actually in Hell?

Quote Originally Posted by Starraven View Post
    I'm still on the fence about buying a next-gen console. Looking for a $350 + game/s bundle for the holidays.
    well here you go sorta:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=825649

The Xbone and the PS4 are both $400 now. They're honestly pretty much the same so it really comes down to whether you want to play Halo or Uncharted.

November 18 - Slayer
    November 19 - eyehategod

http://kotaku.com/try-as-i-might-i-c...e-w-1580660810

The new Mario Kart bundle is $329.99 with the system,Gametablet controller,a wii remote, a steering wheel add-on, and Mario Kart 8 which if you buy it between now and july you get another game for free;New Super Mario Bros U , Zelda : Wind Waker HD , WiiU Party, Pikmin 3. On top of that Wii U online play is free so your set for that under your budget. And you might earn enough Nintendo Club points to get a virtual console game if you register and do all of the questionaires which looks like right now you can get Super Metroid or Mario Kart 64 for "200 coins".I think just registering the Wii U is 160 coins plus games are maybe 10 plus any game that is brand new is 50 coins.Plus having a extra controller always kicks ass in a bundle.

Also as far does the Wii and 2ds online play being no more it was surprising to see that Gamespy was the one running those servers. I was thinking if there could just be a third party company that makes a custom "Gamespy or Kali like" server for these Virtual Console games would be awesome similar to how MAME had their gamespy server for playing multiplayer games.
    Last edited by getbetter; 05-26-2014 at 01:19 PM.
    Translation

Last.fm

The Xbone and the PS4 are both $400 now. They're honestly pretty much the same so it really comes down to whether you want to play Halo or Uncharted.
    Don't forget Last of Us Remastered (if you like double dips), The Order: 1886, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, The Witness, Rime, and oh, can't forget The Last Guardian right?

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    Don't forget Last of Us Remastered (if you like double dips), The Order: 1886, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, The Witness, Rime, and oh, can't forget The Last Guardian right?
    I was just simplifying it to basically say that both consoles are the same price so get the one that has more exclusives that you'd like. And The Last Guardian is basically Sony's Detox. I want to believe it will be out within the next couple of years though, but I'm not holding my breath.

November 18 - Slayer
    November 19 - eyehategod

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    You just linked a sports game to a chick.. What made me bite for the PS3 was a bundle with Little Big Planet

I'm probably going to have to wait for more games. Not sure how long the wait will be..
    you ever get this uneasy feeling that everyone of us on this board is actually in Hell?

http://kotaku.com/try-as-i-might-i-c...e-w-1580660810

The new Mario Kart bundle is $329.99 with the system,Gametablet controller,a wii remote, a steering wheel add-on, and Mario Kart 8 which if you buy it between now and july you get another game for free;New Super Mario Bros U , Zelda : Wind Waker HD , WiiU Party, Pikmin 3. On top of that Wii U online play is free so your set for that under your budget. And you might earn enough Nintendo Club points to get a virtual console game if you register and do all of the questionaires which looks like right now you can get Super Metroid or Mario Kart 64 for "200 coins".I think just registering the Wii U is 160 coins plus games are maybe 10 plus any game that is brand new is 50 coins.Plus having a extra controller always kicks ass in a bundle.

Also as far does the Wii and 2ds online play being no more it was surprising to see that Gamespy was the one running those servers. I was thinking if there could just be a third party company that makes a custom "Gamespy or Kali like" server for these Virtual Console games would be awesome similar to how MAME had their gamespy server for playing multiplayer games.
    Yes, I'm poor. Yes, I grew up with Nintendo (mario/zelda)...

I don't know why but I'm not really interested in the Wii U. Maybe some kind of social nerd stigma or something. Whatever it is, it's imaginary, and I should really look up reviews for those games.