Page 271 of 278 FirstFirst ... 266267268269270271272273274275276 ... LastLast
Results 8,101 to 8,130 of 8313

Thread: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS4 - WII U - XBone - PS3 - 360 - WII

Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS4 - WII U - XBone - PS3 - 360 - WII

Just got through The Last Of Us. Was a really great game, but way too short. Can anyone suggest something similar, but maybe withe play time that might rival Skyrim, I'm on round two of that....still. Curious how Dead Island is. Is that what it's called? Hmm.

3 on 3 NHL Arcade hockey is the shit for a quick multiplayer. Mini goalie! Weee.
    The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.

Quote Originally Posted by marooko View Post
    Just got through The Last Of Us. Was a really great game, but way too short. Can anyone suggest something similar, but maybe withe play time that might rival Skyrim, I'm on round two of that....still. Curious how Dead Island is. Is that what it's called? Hmm.
    Have you played the Uncharted series? It's made by the guys who did The Last of Us. It isn't dark and creepy, but the quality is as top notch. Uncharted 2 was probably my favorite experience on the PS3, after Elder Scrolls III: Oblivion and Red Dead Redemption.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

I'll look in to Uncharted, thanks. I've heard a lot about Red Dead Redemption, may consider that one as well.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Red Dead felt bigger than just about every GTA game and it took forever for me to get 100%. Story is great too. Highly recommended if you're looking for a time suck.
    September 16 - Earth
    September 18 - DJ Shadow & Cut Chemist
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 18 - Slayer

Played and beat Burial at Sea Episode 2, and all I have to say is WOW. So sad it's all over....one of the best gaming experiences (talking the whole Bioshock Infinite experience - game + all DLC) I've ever had period.

I would stay away from that shit called Dead Island...

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    Played and beat Burial at Sea Episode 2, and all I have to say is WOW. So sad it's all over....one of the best gaming experiences (talking the whole Bioshock Infinite experience - game + all DLC) I've ever had period.
    On "normal" level, episode 2 offered absolutely no challenge... (particularly once you get the mods for the invisibility plasmid)... but I dug the way everything fed back in to the Bioshock story. Also, thrilled that this was the last thing I had to finish off on the 360... Having already gotten rid of the PS3, now my entertainment center is much less cluttered!

Diablo3 expansion is fun.

I've been meaning to check out how the updates are for Diablo III. I was so excited for that game to come out, but when it finally did it felt so underwhelming...
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

So I decided to download Thief the other night since I was able to get it for essentially $23 (On sale on the Xbox One store for $30 and I had a $7 credit from the Xbox Live Rewards program), which is pretty awesome...

What's not awesome is the way I decided to pick it back up this morning only to find that every time I try to leave the clock tower, it loops me back to the save point it started me from when I loaded the game up, right back in the clock tower.

So today I finally obtained the grappling hook in Super Metroid. I really am enjoying this game: the whole no instructions how to perform these moves and secret nooks to find.I sucking at Samus wall jump.Yet now I have realized it's way move a platformer with difficult moves with your shooting ability more of a puzzle solver.
    Last edited by getbetter; 04-04-2014 at 05:35 AM.
    Translation

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Still pretty serious about this.

Jack White @ Bill .... 08/22/14
    FYF @ LA Sport Area 08/23 - 08/24/14
    Swans @ The Independent 08/08/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14

Last.fm

My XBOX one has been pissing me off. My controller disconnects all the time when I play Titanfall and evidently there are A lot of people with the same issue and Microsoft does have a solution.

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Justin170 View Post
    My XBOX one has been pissing me off. My controller disconnects all the time when I play Titanfall and evidently there are A lot of people with the same issue and Microsoft does have a solution.
    Well, at least Microsoft does have a solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin170 View Post
    Could your batteries be low?
    September 16 - Earth
    September 21 - Nails
    October 2 - Beck
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 18 - Slayer

I may be late to the party on this, but being in the Rat Bastard covenant in Dark Souls 2 is the most sadistically satisfying thing ever. I stand as a Sunbro corrupted.
    Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    with all the pain in the world and Urban Outfitters sadding the navajo yall should not use the word "scalpers" please increase the peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    Have you played the Uncharted series? It's made by the guys who did The Last of Us. It isn't dark and creepy, but the quality is as top notch. Uncharted 2 was probably my favorite experience on the PS3, after Elder Scrolls III: Oblivion and Red Dead Redemption.
    Played a couple minutes of the Uncharted demo, I may have to buy this. Wish I would have done so before buying Red Dead. I'm in a couple of hours, hoping it ramps up here soon. May just stick to the nightmare portion.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

I started Rayman Legends this weekend, and hot damn, this is one of the prettiest games ever made. So much fun, too.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Hey is there no MLB game for the xbox one?
    you are soooooooo good lookin

Quote Originally Posted by Jman4321 View Post
    I may be late to the party on this, but being in the Rat Bastard covenant in Dark Souls 2 is the most sadistically satisfying thing ever. I stand as a Sunbro corrupted.
    This is my GotY so far. I'm still a Sunbro though. I do love getting called into the Rat Bastard's world. For laughs you should use some bonfire ascetics to put the game up past ng++++ and watch how quickly people on their first playthrough die.
    September 16 - Earth
    September 21 - Nails
    October 2 - Beck
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 18 - Slayer

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    This is my GotY so far. I'm still a Sunbro though. I do love getting called into the Rat Bastard's world. For laughs you should use some bonfire ascetics to put the game up past ng++++ and watch how quickly people on their first playthrough die.
    I only just got to Doors of Pharos, but I have a handful of Ascetics in my pocket, possibly for this purpose. In my heart, I know I'll return to Sunbros after the Darkwalker covenant quests. There's something about rushing headlong into danger as a Sunbro that gives me a sense of well-being.
    Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    with all the pain in the world and Urban Outfitters sadding the navajo yall should not use the word "scalpers" please increase the peace.

Played a couple minutes of the Uncharted demo, I may have to buy this. Wish I would have done so before buying Red Dead. I'm in a couple of hours, hoping it ramps up here soon. May just stick to the nightmare portion.
    It's definitely "Grand Theft Horse" at the beginning (so much riding around), but you can finish the story and most of the side objectives in about 20 hours and it is AMAZING. The ending has to be one of the best game endings... ever?

The Uncharted games are terrific, too. The first and second have WAY TOO MANY bad guys though. It's like "Well, I just found this million-year old ruin.... and there are 600 armed goons here already. Go figure."

Fuck , I loved Dark Souls . It is pretty challenging without taking away all the fun.
    Translation

Last.fm

Wow.... this is one hell of a deal.

Wii U customers who purchase a copy of Mario Kart 8 will be able to download one of ten separate digital games for free, Nintendo has announced.

Those who purchase Mario Kart 8, then register their copy on the Club Nintendo website before July 31, will then be emailed a code that allows them to download one of ten games for free.
    Users have a choice of some of the most acclaimed and popular Wii U games yet. In Europe, they include:

Nintendo Land
    New Super Mario Bros. U
    Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Wii U version)
    Game & Wario
    Pikmin 3
    The Wonderful 101
    The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
    Sonic Lost World (Wii U version)
    Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games
    Wii Party U

The offer extends across North America too, albeit with fewer games on offer. They include:

Nintendo Land
    New Super Mario Bros. U
    Pikmin 3
    The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
    Wii Party U
    Nintendo also asked fans based in Australia to wait for specific detals on the offer.

Full terms and conditions can be found here. European users must be a resident of the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Austria, France, Spain, Italy, Belgium, the Netherlands, Portugal, Switzerland, South Africa, or Russia.
    I have been wanting to get Pikmin 3 so this awesome news for me.Now Rayman legends is probably going be the next title for myself to buy after MK8.

also this is a great add
    By using the Super Horn, one of two new items in Mario Kart 8, you can literally blow away all other items, including those pesky blue shells. Sounding the Super Horn will send forth a sonic shock wave that blasts away everything in the vicinity, Nintendo explained today. For drivers that are used to being in the front, this is the item you've been waiting for.
    Last edited by getbetter; 05-11-2014 at 12:00 PM.
    Translation

Last.fm

Child of Light is awesome. That is all.

Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS3 - 360 - WII

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nipples View Post
    atari lynx...
    I still have mine. Need to get it out of the box it's in.

Just finished it last night. Absolutely beautiful game. And quite a fair amount of game for the $15 price tag.

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post

I have been wanting to get Pikmin 3 so this awesome news for me.Now Rayman legends is probably going be the next title for myself to buy after MK8.

also this is a great add
    I loved Rayman Legends. Pikmin 3 is good but I was a sucker for the art in Rayman...

Is it on PS4?
    September 16 - Earth
    September 21 - Nails
    October 2 - Beck
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 18 - Slayer

Also I'm very very excited about E3 next month. I wish I could be going yet I'm excited for my friends who do get to go and hope they check out some of what Nintendo has coming forth. I really into how the media loves to talk about how bad the Wii U is doing yet I believe I read somewhere that Xbox One sales are similar. I am hoping for either a Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 HD version and maybe on top of that an announcement for Mario Galaxy 3 for E3.

Oh shit, Child of Light's battle system is similar to Grandia. Which Grandia 2 is one of my favorite RPGs and now I'm very interested in getting this game.I read briefly that Wii U's version has a nice touch screen controlling.
    Last edited by getbetter; 05-11-2014 at 06:46 PM.
    Translation

Last.fm