Page 269 of 278 FirstFirst ... 264265266267268269270271272273274 ... LastLast
Results 8,041 to 8,070 of 8313

Thread: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS4 - WII U - XBone - PS3 - 360 - WII

Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS4 - WII U - XBone - PS3 - 360 - WII

Anybody been watching the TwitchPlaysPokemon stream?
    It's a stream of Pokemon Red where the members of the chat have the ability to input the commands. It's been going for over 13 days now and is just as chaotic as it sounds.

http://www.twitch.tv/twitchplayspokemon

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    The new Donkey Kong Country game for Wii U is amazing. Captures that same feel from the original Super Nintendo games. If you love old school platformers then I seriously can't recommend this game enough.
    I am planning on getting this game after I finish Zelda's Wind Waker and Super Metroid on the virtual Console.I'm interest to see if Super Metroid lives up to everything I have read about it being one of the best snes games.
    Translation

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Still pretty serious about this.

Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival 10/03 - 10/05/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Treasure Island @ Treasure Island 10/18 & 10/19/14
    Moodymann @ PW 10/25/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14

Last.fm

Good to know about WiiU's DKC, I'll give that a shot tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I am planning on getting this game after I finish Zelda's Wind Waker and Super Metroid on the virtual Console.I'm interest to see if Super Metroid lives up to everything I have read about it being one of the best snes games.
    I just beat Super Metroid, actually... it was a lot of fun, but took me longer than expected and I didn't get 100% of the items.

PS: The last boss is hella easy!!
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasma Del Mar View Post
    Anybody been watching the TwitchPlaysPokemon stream?
    It's a stream of Pokemon Red where the members of the chat have the ability to input the commands. It's been going for over 13 days now and is just as chaotic as it sounds.

http://www.twitch.tv/twitchplayspokemon
    Chaotic and completey stupid. Who wants to spend time on some site with 30sec input lag playing a game with a bunch of people just spamming inputs and "anarchy" over and over again? This and Flappy Bird are the stupidest fads so far this year.

Doomed.

Second DK! Been playing with the wife and having a blast.

Have to say I'm pretty happy with Thief so far....I really like the atmosphere/world the developers have created. Also happy to hear that Trials Fusion is coming out on the PS4. A lot of good games coming out in the next 2 months...Infamous, MGS V (err a prologue at that though), MLB 14 the Show, etc. Anyone who says the lineup of games for these first few months of the "next gen" systems has been subpar doesn't really know what they're talking about. Still sorta waiting for Watch Dogs to drop though....why do I feel that is gonna be pushed back to "Summer (aka maybe August if we don't cancel it)".

Oh also forgot that Burial At Sea Episode 2 hits in a month.....fuck Irrational for closing down, but I seriously can't wait to play that. A good last hurrah I suppose.

Metal Gear 3 was a lot of fun to me yet I never got the games on PSP ( which i mean I should I still own one) so having a Big Boss/Snake as a main character is almost just as welcome if not more.I hope though I could play the Gamecube or maybe one day have a virtual console for Gamecube.Does anyone remember that boot cd to play PS games on DC and Metal Gear was the selling point to buy it? Bleem! I think it was without googling it....which I never got to try out but still just another reason DC is one of the best systems ever.If Nintendo can just realize they need to add an Online muiltplayer to their virtual console even if it was as bad Gamespy 3D for xbox or MAME would go a long ways
    Last edited by getbetter; 02-27-2014 at 12:37 AM.
    Translation

Moodymann @ PW 10/25/14

Last.fm

I remember Bleem! when it was first advertised...I never bothered trying it out til later on when, which at the same time I got boot discs to run not only imports, but Genesis, NES, GBA and more.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    Have to say I'm pretty happy with Thief so far....I really like the atmosphere/world the developers have created. Also happy to hear that Trials Fusion is coming out on the PS4. A lot of good games coming out in the next 2 months...Infamous, MGS V (err a prologue at that though), MLB 14 the Show, etc. Anyone who says the lineup of games for these first few months of the "next gen" systems has been subpar doesn't really know what they're talking about. Still sorta waiting for Watch Dogs to drop though....why do I feel that is gonna be pushed back to "Summer (aka maybe August if we don't cancel it)".

Oh also forgot that Burial At Sea Episode 2 hits in a month.....fuck Irrational for closing down, but I seriously can't wait to play that. A good last hurrah I suppose.
    I'm enjoying Thief too. I miss true hardcore stealth games, especially with how actiony they've made the recent Splinter Cell games. Also, MGSV Prologue dropped $10 for PS4 which made it much easier to digest considering how short is reportedly is (2-3 hours). I had heard that Watch Dogs is supposed to come out June 30th.
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - The Zombies / Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 18 - Slayer

I just finished Killzone: Shadow Fall and started playing NBA2k14 and Dead Rising 3. Here's what I thought:

NBA2k14 - Gave up REALLY quickly. Played one game and decided this fucking piece of shit was way too much like a job to be fun. I'm sure NBA2k series fans picked it up and dove right in, but I was fucking miserable most of the time. Yick. Sent back to Gamefly the same day.

Dead Rising 3 - Just started playing it. Looks good. Plays good. Unfortunately, it's mired in the past like all Capcom games. Instead of being a badass new experience, it's the same old Dead Rising I've been playing since 2006 or whatever. All the stupid junk you can pick up littering the landscape, side missions that you don't even know about till they're failed... grumble. If you're still a fan of the Dead Rising style, it's probably the best game eva. For those of us who have moved on to smarter entertainment (like The Last of Us, for instance), it feels like a next-gen re-package instead of a next-gen experience.

Killzone: Shadow Fall - I'm a fan of the Killzones, and this was a game I REALLY wanted to play. Well, I did. Unfortunately, the devs fell into the "let's make our Halo!" obsession, so the game just feels like their version of that game. Lots of missions where you flat out don't know where to go or why you're going there and too many missions without your OWL orb thing make the game drag. Looks fantastic. Has some great moments. Unfortunately, it's not a great game.

So far Battlefield 4 and RYSE are the highlights of the next generation for me to date. With Titanfall and inFamous 3 coming, that should change in the month of March.

Another PS3, or the PS4?

Holy. Shit......

Yeah, I saw that was the number one seller on Steam. Wondered why...

Beat Thief over the weekend....have to say again, I don't really get what all the hate for this game is about. I get it that it's nothing like the original trilogy, but this is supposed to be a complete reboot. If you're gonna compare the two, might as well compare the new Tomb Raider to the originals back in the mid 90's....just doesn't make sense.

So as a stand alone game, I thought it was really great...I should say I beat the story mode, but will go back and do some of the thieving side missions. A lot of reviews I read say "the combat sucks"...well no fucking shit, it's supposed to be a stealth game where the character you're playing is a thief, not some grade A warrior...I think the combat system the way it is, should (and does) encourage you to go the stealth/sneak by route when playing the levels. I really loved the art direction/design too....best so far this year I think.

What's next? MGS V I think!

Quote Originally Posted by Tubesock Shakur View Post
    Holy. Shit......
    I really can't wait to start playing this once I get home Thursday night.

Is there anyone who plans to play Dark Souls 2 when its released next week? (I can't be the only one who's excited.)

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thomas6937 View Post
    Is there anyone who plans to play Dark Souls 2 when its released next week? (I can't be the only one who's excited.)
    I definitely will. I've been looking forward to it for over a year now.

Also Watch Dogs FINALLY has a release date. May 27.
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - The Zombies / Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 18 - Slayer

Anyone play Knytt Underground for the Wii U? My girlfriend and I really enjoy playing that one together. (Unlike anything Mario, where she always accuses me of being a horrible teammate.)

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Also Watch Dogs FINALLY has a release date. May 27.
    Praise be to Allah!
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    Chaotic and completey stupid. Who wants to spend time on some site with 30sec input lag playing a game with a bunch of people just spamming inputs and "anarchy" over and over again? This and Flappy Bird are the stupidest fads so far this year.
    So they beat Red and now they're on Crystal. Maybe Silver is more your thing.

Beat Left Behind (Last Of Us dlc). Only about three hours long or so, but it's worth it. You play as Ellie and you alternate between timelines, it's great. Definitely more of a back story deal, there's a few action moments but they're not the focal point.

9/21 - Arsis @ New Royal Dive
    10/28 - Tycho @ North Park Theatre
    10/30 - The Rural Alberta Advantage @ Soda Bar
    11/4 - United Nations @ Los Globos
    11/12 - DFA 1979 @ House Of Blues
    11/14 - The Presets @ North Park Theatre
    11/29 - Cake @ Del Mar

I played a few hours of South Park: The Stick of Truth tonight. It was extremely funny and relatively well made, and I would have played longer except I'm not that into RPGs and I just checked it out from Redbox. I doubt I'll ever go back to it, but I appreciate the effort they put into making the world and delivering a really quality product for fans of the show. It's gross as hell, but that's a South Park staple.

Here's to hoping the price drops quickly so more folks can enjoy it.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

The South Park game looks awesome, and I will totally play it in a yer when it is $30 or less or free. Last year's Tomb Raider is now free on PS+ and I am very excited to play that. I have quie a few free games saved up at this point.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

The demo of Sout Park was good.I didnt really like the battle system and I havent watch Game Of Thrones nor could of forseen the trilogy black friday episodes becoming a video game.The little wondering around redeem the experience of actually living in South Park.
    Translation

Moodymann @ PW 10/25/14

Last.fm

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Looking for any Xbox 360 must have classics recommendations that I can pick up cheap. Only got back into gaming about a year ago so I've missed the entirety of the 360 library. thx bbs
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    The demo of Sout Park was good.I didnt really like the battle system and I havent watch Game Of Thrones nor could of forseen the trilogy black friday episodes becoming a video game.The little wondering around redeem the experience of actually living in South Park.
    It's more the other way around with the black friday episodes... which was part of why I really loved those... Having seen a bit about the game before them... The shots they were taking at themselves in those episodes were highly entertaining.

Most of the reviews I've read are pretty spot on... the game is serviceable in terms of mechanics... it's not a bad game, by any stretch, it's just not great... but the humor, story and all other aspects of it are fantastic and, I feel, makes it a must have for fans of the show!

C'mon nerds is tianfall worth the xbone or should I go ps4

Quote Originally Posted by Tubesock Shakur View Post
    C'mon nerds is tianfall worth the xbone or should I go ps4
    It's only one game.

It's an impressive game... Certainly the first "must have" game on either system, imo.

But at the end of the day, if you're only looking to buy one system... then there would clearly be other factors you may want to consider...

if you're looking to ultimately buy both systems, but want to know if you should buy the Xbox or PS4 first... (And without factoring in whether or not purchasing Titanfall on PC is an option for you) then, sure... I'd say go and buy the Xbox One Titanfall bundle.

I have both. You can make a strong argument that RYSE + Dead Rising 3 + Titanfall + the non-exclusives makes this a good time to get an Xbone.

HOWEVER. I prefer the Ps4. The Vita crossplay is a huge motivator for me (you can play Ps4 games on the Vita over Wifi, so you don't take up the TV if your lady is watching Wuthering Heights or whatever), and Playstation Plus has been terrific on Ps3 and should continue on Ps4. Plus - the first party lineup is decent as well, with Killzone and inFamous on the horizon... and the head-to-head games are generally either higher FPS or rez on the Ps4. But if you're a MS fanboy, Battlefield 4 + Madden + Ass Creed + RYSE + Dead Rising + Titanfall ... that's enough to keep things going. It's time to upgrade, kids.

As for whether Titanfall is worth buying a system... the single-player is nonexistent. It is a campaign, but it's kind of laughable. The multiplayer is extremely fun, though... my kid has logged something like 30 hours or so since Tuesday and leveled up to 50 (I think it's the cap). It's the fastest-paced multiplayer shooter, I think, and there are tons of features that make it one of the best. Having low-impact bots to murder in addition to the humans keeps you from getting frustrated by being killed, the weapons systems are very cool, and of course the ability to play as a mech is pretty awesome.

I don't know that I'll be playing Titanfall for 6 months or whatever like CoD fans do, but it's definitely a great reason to turn on the system and waste away an evening. For a forum full of people that routinely spend a hundred bucks on one night's entertainment, spending $500 on the Xbone + Titanfall isn't that absurd. I always look at it like... if I'll buy it 6 months from now or a year from now anyhow... might as well get it now and enjoy it for that time.

Maybe this is the wrong thread for this, since this is more of a retro-gaming thing, but has anyone here attempted to make a Nintoaster?

Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.