Page 258 of 277 FirstFirst ... 253254255256257258259260261262263 ... LastLast
Results 7,711 to 7,740 of 8284

Thread: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS4 - WII U - XBone - PS3 - 360 - WII

Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS4 - WII U - XBone - PS3 - 360 - WII

I just finished the story and will never, ever 100% this thing. It's too much of a pain in the ass to get where you're going without driving all over the fucking place, and I'm just over it, even though it's nice to see L.A. again (especially without traffic). I just wanted to jam myself through it all before the online mode went live.

GTAV was a million times more interesting from a story perspective than GTAIV, in my opinion. I stopped GTAIV because I just couldn't have cared less about the boring characters.... since then I've completed Max Payne 3, Red Dead Redemption and L.A. Noire... so Rock Star has won me over. I may go back and try to stomach GTA IV again, but I doubt it with PS4 coming in a month.

butthurt messiah TheVelvetSmudge's Avatar

GTA V is much more entertaining than GTA 4, though I agree it can get boring driving around. That's what I mean when I say the map is small. It's large, but there's just tons of empty nothingness going on in the game, so you pretty much learn all the areas a lot quicker than you did when the whole territory was city like in GTA 3 and beyond. GTA Online is probably going to disappoint, let's be real. I'm already so sick of the level, how it looks, and how it feels, that I don't know how I can eek another two weeks of gameplay out of this game, even with thirty other assholes crawling around the map, and five hundred new missions. I guess we'll see.

Just beat Puppeteer tonight, and I have to say it might be my favorite game yet this year. Anyone with a PS3, if you aren't playing this then you're making a big mistake. In fact, I highly recommend that you (those with PS3's) put GTA V down and go play this instead. Better story, graphics, art direction, gameplay, uniqueness...better everything. I don't know if there will be a prettier (though two likely candidates come out this week and the next - Rain, and Beyond: Two Souls) or better game this year.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

It looked a lot like LittleBigPlanet.
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 9 - Black Vice
    September 11 - Earthless
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 15 - Primus
    November 18 - Slayer

The new advert for the new PS Vita, in Japan...

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    If the gaming hasn't already been awesome enough this year...we're about to start into what could be the best month yet....Rain (PS3 exclusive) hits Oct 1, Beyond: Two Souls (PS3 exclusive, and the one game I'm so fucking excited about) hits Oct. 8, then Arkham Origins hits at the end of Oct. Can't wait.
    Beyond: Two Souls was by far the most impressive thing I saw at E3. it's kind of like an interactive movie, so actually playing it kind of awkward, but I still felt the 20 minute demo was absolutely riveting. I was surprised when i found out it was a PS3 game - they are pushing the capabilities to their absolute max, this game looks insanely fucking good.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Yeah I'm a huge fan of anything David Cage/Quantic Dream does (some people hate em, but I think they're pretty damn good at what they do). I loved Heavy Rain...and Beyond has been on my radar for a year and a half now. Just one more week now.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Beyond: Two Souls was by far the most impressive thing I saw at E3. it's kind of like an interactive movie, so actually playing it kind of awkward, but I still felt the 20 minute demo was absolutely riveting. I was surprised when i found out it was a PS3 game - they are pushing the capabilities to their absolute max, this game looks insanely fucking good.
    If I love Naughty Dog's games like Uncharted and The Last Of Us, will this likely be up my alley?

I'm just killing time with GTA V at this point. According to stats i'm about 10 hours into it with 14% complete. I don't think i've seen the third character since the opening sequence, my time looks even between Franklin and that one white dude. I'm finally completing missions on the regular. I liked the choose your own adventure style option the game gave me for a heist of the jewelery store. You could choose go in guns a blain' or be queit and smart and I went the quiet way and was awareded my first gold when done. All other missions I got silver or bronze. I am enjoying it though and plan on playing it for months. Heard the servers crashed a lot today for Day 1 of online play too.

Question. This may sound dumb, but bare with me here. My wife and I share a user name on our PS3 and she created a Playstation Network name, and I never really play online, so I didn't really bother.

Fast forward to right now where I want to sign in to play GTA V online, but don't want my PSN ID to be atomic_becky. I cannot figure how to sign in with a new PSN ID on the username we share. Help.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Re: GTA V

It's kind of weak how the game gives you almost no time to get to your respective properties when a situation comes up. Like, I had a really fast car that was modded out to the maximum and I still couldn't make it on time. Didn't crash or anything. Lame. LAME I SAY.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Little Dragon - 8/31 - Moody Theater
    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town
    DJ Shadow/Cut Chemist - 9/18 - Moody Theater

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    If I love Naughty Dog's games like Uncharted and The Last Of Us, will this likely be up my alley?
    I still haven't played the Naughty Dog games, though i really want to, so I couldn't really say. I've just been getting into games in the last two years after a 12+ year hiatus
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    Did you play Heavy Rain? Beyond: Two Souls is mostly like that. It's more of an interactive movie than a traditional game like Uncharted or The Last Of Us.
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 9 - Black Vice
    September 11 - Earthless
    September 16 - Earth
    September 21 - Nails
    October 2 - Beck
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 15 - Primus
    November 18 - Slayer

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Did you play Heavy Rain? Beyond: Two Souls is mostly like that. It's more of an interactive movie than a traditional game like Uncharted or The Last Of Us.
    I see. No I never got to play Heavy Rain. Sounds like an interesting concept. I assumed it was like the games I mentioned because of the cinematic aspect of going in and out of gameplay and into cut scenes from the story but it sound like Beyond: Two Souls is more like a make some decisions and watch the movie play out type of a game. Nothing wrong with that. I do like being visually stunned too.

It has a lot of reflex-style decisions you ave to make as well as the action plays, like a super high-tech version of the old full motion laser disc video games from the 90s like Dragon's Lair, Space Ace, Time Gal, Ground Zero: Texas, Night Trap, etc.
    last.fm

You would think delaying online access for two weeks would buy them the extra time needed for Rockstar to get their shit together. Guess not. I have tried to get on all day and all I'm getting is a "launching session". Screen.

Same problem here, on the 360... since 5:30pm, no successful online GTAV. Stupid Rockstar BS.

Nah man, POWER OF THE CLOUD, EVERYTHING IS ONLINE, ALL DIGITAL, ITS GREATTTT! Yeah, except when every fucking company plays cheap and never has enough server/bandwidth to serve their customer base. It's fucking 2013 and you're still having server issues with a major online game? Pathetic.

Anyway, while everyone else sits and stares at a waiting screen for GTA Online, I'll be happily playing rain.

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Great article on the original NBA JAM with an interview with the creator. The game was biased against the Bulls when playing the Pistons and they confirm there are some machines out there with Michael Jordan and Gary Payton

http://www.uproxx.com/sports/2013/10...lead-designer/
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

glad EA fixed their Madden servers the last two years as online play used to be god awful. Buttery smooth now. They even added some intelligence features where you match up with the opponent your favorite team is actually playing this week on the NFL schedule in sort of a preface match to learn more about their team. Pretty cool.
    The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Great article on the original NBA JAM with an interview with the creator. The game was biased against the Bulls when playing the Pistons and they confirm there are some machines out there with Michael Jordan and Gary Payton

http://www.uproxx.com/sports/2013/10...lead-designer/
    Man that game was great. I always played the Bulls though

IT'S GOOD

Nah man, POWER OF THE CLOUD, EVERYTHING IS ONLINE, ALL DIGITAL, ITS GREATTTT! Yeah, except when every fucking company plays cheap and never has enough server/bandwidth to serve their customer base. It's fucking 2013 and you're still having server issues with a major online game? Pathetic.

Anyway, while everyone else sits and stares at a waiting screen for GTA Online, I'll be happily playing rain.
    Game has record sales far exceeding anyone's expectations (beating previous records by about an additional 60%)... And they have some launch issues with the Online portion... so yes... let's use that as fodder to bitch about anything involving online services... let's ignore the fact that they will likely get these things under control soon... and that once that initial launch bump has passed it will likely run relatively smooth going forward...

Maybe it's just me, but it would seem a wiser perspective to look at the long term scenario as opposed to focusing on week one.

So, I've heard about people getting into GTA V online after waiting for a couple of hours... but I get an "ALERT: Timed out joining session" message after waiting around for just a couple of minutes. Anyone else getting this?
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Don't worry, it's just a minor "launch issue".

I was trying for six hours yesterday (while watching Dexter and doing other stuff) yesterday, and two hours today, and I've never gotten TO the first tutorial mission in GTA Online, much less through it. What a monumental screw-up. And here they held it back two weeks.... why?

Quote Originally Posted by spiggums View Post
    Game has record sales far exceeding anyone's expectations (beating previous records by about an additional 60%)... And they have some launch issues with the Online portion... so yes... let's use that as fodder to bitch about anything involving online services... let's ignore the fact that they will likely get these things under control soon... and that once that initial launch bump has passed it will likely run relatively smooth going forward...

Maybe it's just me, but it would seem a wiser perspective to look at the long term scenario as opposed to focusing on week one.
    While I agree, menik got a little over-reacty about it, but look at the BIG picture. This shit happens with online games, and yes, particularly the popular ones. The shitty part is when this happens with *single player* games that are forced to be online anyways...which is the direction MS was QUICKLY heading with the xbone. Would it have been a disaster if they stuck in that direction? I honestly have no idea. But it is a direction I have no interest in going, and neither did the vocal majority of the gaming population, hence the 180 MS pulled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    I hope Wario and Donkey Kong don't conflict.

I had no trouble getting on today. I'm sure the rest of the issues they're having will be sorted out by the end of the week.
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 9 - Black Vice
    September 11 - Earthless
    September 16 - Earth
    September 21 - Nails
    October 2 - Beck
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 15 - Primus
    November 18 - Slayer

Don't worry, it's just a minor "launch issue".
    Share what you know. It's that simple. Is there a technical reason that you have heard about that will make this a permanent issue or are you just trolling and laughing at minor missteps? I don't care either way. I hope to play the game in single player for a long time before I start with online play.

Rockstar has a page up that's a summary of issues they're seeing and working on fixes for... I imagine it will be worth subscribing to if you've set up a social club account:
    http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/...atest-Updates-

Quote Originally Posted by Dogvolta View Post
    While I agree, menik got a little over-reacty about it, but look at the BIG picture. This shit happens with online games, and yes, particularly the popular ones. The shitty part is when this happens with *single player* games that are forced to be online anyways...which is the direction MS was QUICKLY heading with the xbone. Would it have been a disaster if they stuck in that direction? I honestly have no idea. But it is a direction I have no interest in going, and neither did the vocal majority of the gaming population, hence the 180 MS pulled.
    That's a whole other argument... one that, clearly, we don't see eye to eye on in many ways. And is rather moot at this point, so I'd see no reason to get in to it.

But my comment was more directed to menik doing what... well... he does in this thread. Which, I suppose, yes, "over-reacty" is an accurate descriptor.