Page 254 of 276 FirstFirst ... 249250251252253254255256257258259 ... LastLast
Results 7,591 to 7,620 of 8274

Thread: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS4 - WII U - XBone - PS3 - 360 - WII

Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS4 - WII U - XBone - PS3 - 360 - WII

I snagged Swords and Swocery when the app store was giving it out for free. It's a pretty cool little game, definitely got me hooked even if some of it is fairly repetitive and I have no desire to tweet my progress.

Steam has Final Fantasy 7 up for $12, so I figured I might as well try it out. I've never played a Final Fantasy game before, but I've enjoyed RPGs before and loved the Earthbound games.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

looking forward to Hotline Miami 2. The first one was so fun and challenging. Not to mention frustrating (had to get on YT for help on a few occasions). God bless Steam.
    The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.

I'm guessing you probably needed to get help with the SWAT team invasion? That took me quite a while to figure out, as well as the optimal way to defeat the final boss. That game is so much fun, and I've been meaning to revisit it to play around with all the different masks, since I've got them all now.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

had trouble with the drugged out Hospital ward level for whatever reason and the final boss battle did take a while. Normally used the extra vision depth mask to see more enemy locations (giraffe? can't remember). Great game...was pissed when they murdered my blonde junkie fuckbuddy though.
    The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Did you guys find the secret letters hidden in every level to unlock the bonus ending?
    July 29 - Boris
    August 1 - Black Label Society
    August 14 - Nine Inch Nails/Soundgarden/DEP
    August 27 - Röyksopp & Robyn
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 12 - Austin City Limits: Day 3
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Metal Festival
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 23 - Caribou

Steam Summer Sale started today. 2 weeks of amazing deals.
    July 29 - Boris
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 16 - Earth
    September 21 - Nails
    October 10 - Bonobo
    November 23 - Caribou

I may have lost a friend....

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

what is steam
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Steam is a network where one purchases online PC games and in which multiplayer games are played through. it's essentially the PC equivalent of XBoxLive and PSN if you are familiar with those.
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

And is owned and ran by Valve. And even though Steam has some pretty shitty DRM, people will never talk shit about it, because well, it's owned and ran by Valve.

I started buying/selling things on their new "marketplace" feature. It's reminding me a lot of the time I spent on the diablo3 auction house. Must stop....self....
    Quote Originally Posted by bug on your lip View Post
    you ever get this uneasy feeling that everyone of us on this board is actually in Hell?

So my PS3 doesn't want to read discs. Is this a common issue anyone is aware of? My downloaded games stopped showing up a while ago as well, where might I find them? Do any of you want to sell your working PS3? Fuck.

First wave of Bioshock Infinite DLC came out today, thank God. It's still my favorite game of the year so far (yes, even better than Last of Us - or even Tomb Raider or Revegence), though Beyond: Two Souls may have something to say about that later on in the year.

I've been replaying Fallout 3 the last couple of days. I forgot how great this game is. I really hope that Fallout 4 is the next game Bethesda is working on.
    July 29 - Boris
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 16 - Earth
    September 21 - Nails
    October 10 - Bonobo
    November 23 - Caribou

I have to say 2013 has been one of the best recent years for gaming that I can remember (obviously being helped by the fact that the next-gen hits this fall). Metal Gear Revengence (okay not so good), Tomb Raider reboot, Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us - and then games I plan on picking up (most have pre-ordered already): Stealth: A Clone in the Dark, Puppeteer, GTA V, Arkham City, Tearaway, Raymond Legends, AC 4, Watch Dogs, Knack, Gran Turismo 6, and Beyond: Two Souls. This is basically where a lot of my extra spending money has gone towards, but have no regrets, it's been really great.

Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    Holy shit this game is addictive. I just bought it and playing on my mac. Learning curve isn't too steep once you get through the tutorials but still challenging as hell. Thanks for the recommendation.
    Glad you like it! I've put in around 40 hours or so into the game and I have just now figured out how to land on a different planet without crashing or breaking my lander. I can't wait to see what more they add when the final version of the game is finished.
    July 29 - Boris
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 16 - Earth
    September 21 - Nails
    October 10 - Bonobo
    November 23 - Caribou

So, finally finished Shin Megami Tensei IV today. It bludgeoned me with its difficulty, mocked me when I failed (literally), and then convinced me that I was an asshole due to the direction in which the story went. And I loved it. I've concluded that its the gaming equivalent of an emotionally abusive lover who is a great fuck. I feel so dirty.
    Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    with all the pain in the world and Urban Outfitters sadding the navajo yall should not use the word "scalpers" please increase the peace.

Big Fest is gunna be dope. It can distract us during rumor season lol

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Echo & the Bunnymen 8/2, #BEENTRILL#/Jesse Andrews OSL Afterparty 8/8, Sir Paul McCartney 8/14, Offspring/Pennywise/Bad Religion 8/31, Swans 9/8, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Charli XCX 10/25
    Events
    SDCC 7/24-27, Outside Kanye West Lands 8/8, FYF Fest 8/23-24, Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Ducktales HD is a lot of fun. It's a short game, but hopefully I enjoy replaying it. it does have a lot of super boring cinematics though.
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

PS4 coming out November 15.
    July 29 - Boris
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 16 - Earth
    September 21 - Nails
    October 10 - Bonobo
    November 23 - Caribou

I'm about 15 hours deep into Dragon's Crown so far, it's definitely a lot of fun. Online multiplayer gets very useful when trying to get through the 50 or so side quests, as the computer AI is a little ignorant at times. It's such a beautiful game to look at and very addicting.

Disclosure - October 12 - Reno, NV.
    Treasure Island Music Festival - October 19 - San Francisco, CA.
    Portugal, The Man - October 22 - Reno, NV.
    Cut Copy - October 31 - Reno, NV.
    Phoenix w/ Alt-J - December 5 - Reno, NV.

COACHELLA '07, '08, '09, '11, '13

The wife and I finished The Last of Us a few days ago. Killer. Freakin' great game. The end wasn't as spectacular as the Bioshock Infinite (or any of the Bioshock endings, really) but the third act was just genius gripping stuff.

It could have been a little shorter, it could have been a little harder (puzzles especially) and it could have had a little more interaction with other characters, but fuuuuu it's a great game.

Just started Saints Row 4 and boy is it ree-diculous. Fun, though.

A lot of great games coming to Vita late this year and early next year. I love mine more and more every day.

Yes, some good announcements today for the Vita. I'm stoked to hear that they'll finally be dropping the price on those fucking memory cards as well. So overdue.

Looks like I'll FINALLY be making a vita purchase soon...though I've got to say, I am still holding off a bit being that the only game I would be playing at the moment are two games I already play on PS3, Dragon's Crown and Hotline Miami, and maybe some FF Tactics.
    But with the PS4 coming and the price drop in the Vita, I think it is about time I got one. What are some note-worthy games that are coming up for Vita? Any good RPGs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    I hope Wario and Donkey Kong don't conflict.

New Borderlands announced today, Killzone Mercenary looks very promising, HD remakes of FF X, X-2, Rayman Legends, a slew of JPRG etc.. Persona 4 Golden is probably the best RPG thus far, PS+ gets you Uncharted, Gravity Rush, Wipeout, amongst others for free right now. There's also a ton of really cheap content on PSN to keep you busy for months. I love my Vita.

You can smoke pot in the new GTA.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    You can smoke pot in the new GTA.
    Is it the real thing or movie set pot?
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

Quote Originally Posted by Fourthisto View Post
    Is it the real thing or movie set pot?
    In the gameplay trailer they show one of the characters leaving a dispensary.
    July 29 - Boris
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 16 - Earth
    September 21 - Nails
    October 10 - Bonobo
    November 23 - Caribou

I spent about 2 1/2 hours playing the public Beta Killzone:Mercenary for the Vita last night. Hard to put down, this is going to be a must-buy for me. A very old school FPS feel to it and the graphics look great.