Page 253 of 276 FirstFirst ... 248249250251252253254255256257258 ... LastLast
Results 7,561 to 7,590 of 8274

Thread: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS4 - WII U - XBone - PS3 - 360 - WII

Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS4 - WII U - XBone - PS3 - 360 - WII

So the word around town is that most of the places are selling out of Day One Xbones, but Best Buy is still in the clear. I pre-ordered mine for $25 down today but couldn't bring myself to order any of the first party release date nonsense. I bought Madden 25 instead. I'll check the reviews just before release, but I can't see dropping $60 for stuff like Ryse and Dead Rising 3, and the majority of the stuff I preordered for Ps4 already.

Dead Rising 3 is the only reason I'll be grabbing one Day 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Oh my god, Tom Servo might be the single biggest twat around. Jesus Christ, how the fuck does anyone ever tolerate having conversations with you?
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

Why the hell is anyone even ordering these IN store? Seriously with about two clicks on Amazon, I pre-ordered a PS4 with no money down, and have release day delivery right to my place. Get with the fucking times.

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    Why the hell is anyone even ordering these IN store? Seriously with about two clicks on Amazon, I pre-ordered a PS4 with no money down, and have release day delivery right to my place. Get with the fucking times.
    Because Best Buy and GameStop will give you a small fortune for complete garbage that you trade in, if you do it at the right time. I've had a $300 Best Buy gift card waiting for this after dumping about 30-40 old games. Get with the times yourself.

As for being a big twat - tlgm is by far the worst poster on the entire Internet. Proudly.

$300 for 40 games sounds like a horrible deal to me. I'd rather just keep them or swap around with friends.

Yeah Menik--he's ordering them from a store he has to drive to because he trades in his old games there. WHAT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE ABOUT THAT?
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

Quote Originally Posted by sonofhal View Post
    Dead Rising 3 is the only reason I'll be grabbing one Day 1.
    This..for me as well. Although i'll probably get hooked on this years Duty until at least Titanfall.

It gonna be hard playing the rest of these new current gen games coming out knowing we are on the verge of the next finally.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkjustice View Post
    this mix is tripping me out
    Audio junky/CD collector
    Coachella 2001/2003

Does anyone have an opinion either way if I should pre order GTA 5 on
    360 or PS3? I'm leaning towards 360 as I like the controller more and I have terrible
    online issues with my PS3 but my 360 is significantly older and more used up.

Did GTA 4 or Rockstar games in general look or play on one system better than the other?
    Then I will hold you down and spit her percolations all over you until you're as greasy as the day she regrets pushing your big fat ass out her big fat cunt.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

no. for multiplatform games they're pretty much the same at this point.
    August 1 - Black Label Society
    August 14 - Nine Inch Nails/Soundgarden/DEP
    August 27 - Röyksopp & Robyn
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 12 - Austin City Limits: Day 3
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Metal Festival
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 23 - Caribou

Red Dead Redemption looked better on the 360 than on the PS3. Can't comment on the others though.
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    jesus christ, i leave the board for an hour to find the disneyland thread and there's all these fry threads. wtf?!

I've been obsessively playing this game called Kerbal Space Program all weekend. You build rockets and try to launch into space. Once there you have to figure out how to orbit Earth and you can try and land on the moon or any planet in the solar system. It's very sim-like though. You have to account for weight and how much fuel you have. you have to map out the correct trajectory to pull your self into orbit so you don't come crashing back down to Earth. It's really fun to tinker with and build new configurations. It's still in beta but you can play it now if you pre-purchase it on Steam. Highly recommended if you like this kind of thing.
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 16 - Earth
    September 21 - Nails
    October 10 - Bonobo
    November 23 - Caribou

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

The port for Capcom's Arcade beat-em up Dungeons & Dragons game collection, Chronicles of Mystara, is really fucking awesome. 2 longer than average arcade games with multiple characters and "choose your own adventure style" mechanics that promote a lot of replay with varying levels for $14.99 is a really great deal. I totally remember why i never got to see much of these games in the arcades too - they're really fucking hard! You only get one life per continue and healing potions are scarce. i averaged about 50 continues for each playthrough of the two games I've done so far.
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

aaaaaaaand I am even more convinced that I will not be spending any of my money towards an xbox one.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/xbox-on...n-mind-6411083

In all seriousness, does Microsoft actually think they have good PR for xbox one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    I hope Wario and Donkey Kong don't conflict.

DORITOS AND MOUNTAIN DEW!!!

We should add app-store games to this thread. I want to know what you all play outside of consoles or their mobile hardware devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

This is good news, I've been looking in to ways to integrate more advertisements in to my life. Looks like I'm jumping the PS ship. Xboned, here I come.

Quote Originally Posted by vogina View Post
    We should add app-store games to this thread. I want to know what you all play outside of consoles or their mobile hardware devices.
    It's called an Ouya, and I thought about getting one, but then I realized I don't care to play android games on a big screen, and if I wanted to run emulators, I have a PC already hooked up to my HDTV to do just that.

It's called an Ouya, and I thought about getting one, but then I realized I don't care to play android games on a big screen, and if I wanted to run emulators, I have a PC already hooked up to my HDTV to do just that.
    I think you misunderstood his post.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

I know what he meant. If this thread resorts to talking about fucking Temple Run and Candycrush, then God help us.

If we end up talking about Waking Mars, Sword and Sworcery or Year Walk then I'm totally cool about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

Ouya is a cool concept. I've tried it hands on and it is pretty cool. Definitely not something I'd look forward to the big screen play versus other consoles on the market (obviously). But I do own all three consoles and also have my PC hooked up to my TV. Albeit, there are not as many PC games on the market worth playing. Fortunately/Unfortunately consoles have finally bridged the gap in performance and because the audience that purchases consoles is greater than PC's, great PC games just aren't being made as consistently for PC as opposed to console. Or the latter, games first released to consoles are being ported to PC. The biggest turning point I think was the huge accomplishment from EA's Battlefield 1942, or the predecessor of it, turning console. That was probably the biggest landmark at the time considering no other game was able to draw such a huge appeal in graphics in comparison to PC games - so many more on that list have been added since.

But, I was referring to everyday handheld games on your daily tech wear. I've been addicted to Clash Of Clans on iOS and have yet to find something satisfying on my S4. I will say though that App store beats the Play store in choices of games. Things are shaping up though. It's only a matter of time before things level out.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    I've been obsessively playing this game called Kerbal Space Program all weekend. You build rockets and try to launch into space. Once there you have to figure out how to orbit Earth and you can try and land on the moon or any planet in the solar system. It's very sim-like though. You have to account for weight and how much fuel you have. you have to map out the correct trajectory to pull your self into orbit so you don't come crashing back down to Earth. It's really fun to tinker with and build new configurations. It's still in beta but you can play it now if you pre-purchase it on Steam. Highly recommended if you like this kind of thing.
    Holy shit this game is addictive. I just bought it and playing on my mac. Learning curve isn't too steep once you get through the tutorials but still challenging as hell. Thanks for the recommendation.
    northside groove...southside groove....eastside groove...westside groove

I can't wait to buy and sell stock. Looks gorgeous.
    Then I will hold you down and spit her percolations all over you until you're as greasy as the day she regrets pushing your big fat ass out her big fat cunt.

I wanna play COD with Erik

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Echo & the Bunnymen 8/2, #BEENTRILL#/Jesse Andrews OSL Afterparty 8/8, Sir Paul McCartney 8/14, Offspring/Pennywise/Bad Religion 8/31, Swans 9/8, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Charli XCX 10/25
    Events
    SDCC 7/24-27, Outside Kanye West Lands 8/8, FYF Fest 8/23-24, Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

GTA5 looks amazing. I love that they added the Red Dead Redemption and Max Payne 3 gunplay to the game. And I remember reading that they added Midnight Club style driving to GTA5 so it no longer feels like your driving boats.
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 16 - Earth
    September 21 - Nails
    October 10 - Bonobo
    November 23 - Caribou

First good news from MS in a long time.

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comme...rosoft_points/
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    I hope Wario and Donkey Kong don't conflict.

Hoarders:

I'm looking to acquire all major system releases of Zelda.

NES: Zelda 2 Links Adventure
    GBA: Links Awakening
    SNES: A Link To The Past
    N64: Majoras Mask
    GameCube: Special edition with all Zelda's; Twilight Princess
    Wii: Wayward Sword (Gold Wiimote edition)

I'm going retro and building up a collection of classics, this new shit is money sink of low replayability

Have fun paying prices that are jacked up because the cartridge/case simply says "Zelda".