Page 238 of 271 FirstFirst ... 233234235236237238239240241242243 ... LastLast
Results 7,111 to 7,140 of 8115

Thread: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS4 - WII U - XBone - PS3 - 360 - WII

Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS3 - 360 - WII

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    OMG Hotline Miami looks amazing.

Also, have any of you played HARD C.O.R.P.S.? It's Konami's anime-styled 2D reboot of Contra that came out in 2011 I think. It's mind-numbingly difficult, but it's fucking awesome.
    Played and loved it. I even got a Hard CORPS outfit for my xbox live avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by darkjustice View Post
    this mix is tripping me out
    Audio junky/CD collector
    Coachella 2001/2003

Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    I haven't been able to touch Black Ops 2 in over a couple months. The whole concept bores me anymore, so I picked up Midnight Club LA and Red Dead Redemption (as well as Driver San Francisco, or whatever it's called. That game is a little too cheese for me right now). Undead Nightmare was cool, but there weren't many missions (unless maybe I missed something that's causing no mission icons to load haha). Midnight club is increasingly ridiculous. It's a good indication as to why you shouldn't drive when you've been drinking too much. Not sure where I'll go from here on my game journey, but there's got to be better games.
    How about Bioshock Infinite? Sleeping Dogs?

Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomServo View Post
    How about Bioshock Infinite? Sleeping Dogs?
    Definitely going to give Sleeping Dogs a try, and I'll keep an eye out for Bioshock Infinite as well. Thanks

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Dark Souls II Gameplay footage. Looks like they made this one even harder and it looks like they fixed the frame rate issue from the last one. I just know that this is going to be my game of the year.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/04/10...12-minute-demo
    April 22 - Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial
    April 24 - Godflesh / Mogwai
    April 26 - Cloud Nothings
    May 1 - Ghost
    May 2-4 - Austin Psych Fest
    May 23 - Saint Vitus
    May 27 - Fu Manchu
    June 6-8 - X Games Concerts
    June 12-14 - Sónar Barcelona
    June 27 - Deafheaven / Swans

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    Muse might as well named themselves the Pablo Honeys.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Dark Souls II Gameplay footage. Looks like they made this one even harder and it looks like they fixed the frame rate issue from the last one. I just know that this is going to be my game of the year.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/04/10...12-minute-demo
    Never in my video game life have I been so engrossed in gameplay footage. I loved every juicy second of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    I hope Wario and Donkey Kong don't conflict.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Capcom porting their two Dungeons and Dragons arcade beat-em ups as a bundle in Dungeons and & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara for PSN, XB, Wii, and Steam is the best video game news I have heard in some time. SO FUCKING EXCITED.
    last.fm
    4/5/14 - Trentemoller - Fonda // 4/9/14 - The Knife - Fox Theater Pomona // 4/22/14 - Dillinger Escape Plane - Glasshouse// 5/23/14 - 5/26/14 Punk Rock Bowling - Las Vegas
    5/28/14 - Elbow - Wiltern // 7/9/14 - Cloud Nothings - Roxy // 8/25/14 - Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Comments about she left the movie feeling bad and she one of those girls that fuck in the ass to saving her Vagina intercourse for marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    Definitely going to give Sleeping Dogs a try, and I'll keep an eye out for Bioshock Infinite as well. Thanks
    Just finished Infinite for a second time. Easy bet for game of the year consideration, and while it gets a little repetitive, the customizable nature of the weapons and powers means no player will beat it the same way as others. Plus, the ending is awesome. The endings of all the Bioshock games are terrific, and anyone who tells you they're overrated or okay probably didn't actually beat 'em.

I grew up on video games.......I'm not going to lie....... Fuck dark souls, fuck ever single second of that game. I'm a casual gamer at 34 I have met my match. Fuck this game. I don't ave time for this bullshit. Hardest game I have ever played.

Seriously. Why? It's fucking stupid. I feel there are tasks in in real life that 90% of people couldn't accomplish that are easier than this fucking game. It's a chore. Dark souls you beat me.......fuck.......you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tubesock Shakur View Post
    Seriously. Why? It's fucking stupid. I feel there are tasks in in real life that 90% of people couldn't accomplish that are easier than this fucking game. It's a chore. Dark souls you beat me.......fuck.......you.
    May 1 - Ghost
    May 23 - Saint Vitus
    May 27 - Fu Manchu

Remember when Zelda was tough?
    Originally Posted by Riggins33
    Why don't you show me a pic of what you look like and I'll send you a pick of myself. I'm 6'5 230....
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    Would you care to list the fixes I've proposed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogvolta View Post
    Thank god I did't suck that guy's dick.

Quote Originally Posted by TomServo View Post
    Just finished Infinite for a second time. Easy bet for game of the year consideration, and while it gets a little repetitive, the customizable nature of the weapons and powers means no player will beat it the same way as others. Plus, the ending is awesome. The endings of all the Bioshock games are terrific, and anyone who tells you they're overrated or okay probably didn't actually beat 'em.
    I'm currently on my third play through (on Hard). Why? It is hard to say...other than I just *love* being in this game. I can honestly say that I have never been so engrossed in a fps game, ever. Even Halo 4, the second I beat that game I was so happy to never play it again, which I didn't. Speaking about playing games over and over and over...

Quote Originally Posted by Tubesock Shakur View Post
    Put it this way, I was in the same boat as you (with my a little less spite maybe), and now I can run through that game in one day (if I clear my whole saturday basically) with only dying a few times (not counting Bed of Chaos). I think my record low deaths is 3.
    That is the beauty of Dark Souls. You just KNOW that nearly every single one of those deaths could have been avoided if you just did something ever so slightly differently/carefully. There ARE, I will admit, a couple of areas of that game that go beyond player skill and jumps head first into cheap cheap cheap.

Capra Demon - Before they nerfed that battle, it caused a rage induced blindness for me. I actually broke my TV remote because I punched by bed and didn't realize the remote was under the thin sheet. Hurt like fuck. Now, after they patched it, it is still a pain in the ass, but no where near as cheap.

Bed of Chaos - Only after hundreds and hundreds of hours of this game have I been able to keep my death count on that battle between 3-5.

Everything else in that game, with the right kind of planning and skill and caution...do-able, eventually. All that being said, however, I'll never knock someone for hating that game because, well, I get it, it isn't for everyone.
    Last edited by Dogvolta; 04-18-2013 at 06:30 AM.

The developers of the game even admitted that the bed of chaos was unfinished which is why if you're extra careful and have some luck you can kill it in under 5 minutes.
    May 1 - Ghost
    May 23 - Saint Vitus
    May 27 - Fu Manchu

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    The developers of the game even admitted that the bed of chaos was unfinished which is why if you're extra careful and have some luck you can kill it in under 5 minutes.
    That whole zone/part of the game seems fairly rushed. All of those Taurus Demons and T-Rexs (dinosaurs, really?) have a slight odor of "copy paste"

new tomb raider reboot is on sale for 50% off on the playstation network today only. if you havent played this would be the perfect time to get it.
    May 1 - Ghost
    May 23 - Saint Vitus
    May 27 - Fu Manchu

Finally got time to beat Bioshock Infinite last night, and will say again its the best game I've played in the last 10 years. Bring on the DLC for it.

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    Finally got time to beat Bioshock Infinite last night, and will say again its the best game I've played in the last 10 years. Bring on the DLC for it.
    S L O W C L A P .

Great game. I've loved a lot of games recently, and probably enjoyed Bioshock II more... but that's like picking your favorite kid.

So, anyone got good recommendations for free/cheap games for PC? I recently played through Knytt, Cave Story and replayed n. I love those old nintendo games and other things that play in a similar style. I value your opinion. Please help.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Indigo Prophecy was $2.99 on GOG.com the other day (I think normally it's 5 bucks?)...if you like Quantic Dream games (Heavy Rain), then you'd like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    So, anyone got good recommendations for free/cheap games for PC? I recently played through Knytt, Cave Story and replayed n. I love those old nintendo games and other things that play in a similar style. I value your opinion. Please help.
    It's been said here before, but it bears repeating: Hotline Miami. The graphics are old school 8-bit graphics and the soundtrack is absolutely killer. I think it's like $10 on steam.
    May 1 - Ghost
    May 23 - Saint Vitus
    May 27 - Fu Manchu

Those both sound good. Hotline Miami is more my style: the 3D graphics don't always process so well on my computer, which can be a bit bogged down, but I'll give Indigo Prophecy a spin.

It came out in 2005 I think...my laptop from 2009 isn't really all that (it has 4gb ram) and it runs the game perfectly fine (I use my PS3 controller on it though, since I hate using mouse/keyboard for games).

10-20$ or free games are what I play now. My suggestions are:

Dungeons of Dredmor. Love this game. Accessible roguelike.
    Tibes: Ascend. A free modern tribes game. Excellent FPS.
    FTL: Faster than Light. If Star Treck was an indie game where everyone dies. Roguelike elements.
    Hotline Miami. 2d beat em up. Twitch like reflexes necessary. Great music and style.
    Magic the Gathering. Everything that's fun about magic minus the part where you'd have to spend a bunch of money.
    Frozen Synapse. Turn based rainbow six with "cyberpunk" style.
    Dustforce. Addicting, difficult, replayable, platformer.
    Plants VS Zombies. If you haven't played it already. Buy it.
    Mark of the Ninja. 2d stealth gameplay made amazing.
    Space Pirates and Zombies. Lvl up your ship, kill pirates and zombies in space.
    Torchlight 2. Diablo except better.
    Path of Exile. Free but in beta. Diablo.
    Fractal make blooms not war. A Beautiful puzzle game. Great music.
    Monaco. The new hotness. Haven't played it but I'll be getting it soon.

Also League of Legends. If you haven't played it you might as well. Everyone else seems to be.

If you're feeling like something in particular that isn't covered let me know what you're looking for and I'll try and find something.

Speaking of PC games, I just started playing Civ 5. I downloaded the gold edition from Steam the other day, and holy SHIT that game completely destroys your day. Seriously, I lost my entire weekend to that fucking game. All of it was so over my head and overwhelming, I eventually just threw it on the lowest difficulty and have just been working my way up. I had to learn some of the basics because, damn, this game is packed full.

I love platformers and old-school style adventure games (Cave Story was one of the most awesome games I've ever played, for reference.)

Well, I decided to go with a few options. I just picked up Hotline Miami, Dustforce and another one I'd heard about called Anodyne. Stoked to have a few new things to play. I'm probably going to go through Yume Nikki again too, since that was such a creepy experience.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Hotline Miami needs to get released on PSN NOW!!!

I got Cave Story a little while back for free on PS+, i need to start that soon. I played about an hour of Psychonauts for the first time this weekend, and it is really awesome, though all of the cinematics and conversations are way too long and bog down the game. I look forward to playing more though.
    last.fm
    4/5/14 - Trentemoller - Fonda // 4/9/14 - The Knife - Fox Theater Pomona // 4/22/14 - Dillinger Escape Plane - Glasshouse// 5/23/14 - 5/26/14 Punk Rock Bowling - Las Vegas
    5/28/14 - Elbow - Wiltern // 7/9/14 - Cloud Nothings - Roxy // 8/25/14 - Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Comments about she left the movie feeling bad and she one of those girls that fuck in the ass to saving her Vagina intercourse for marriage.

awesome game and soundtrack, just having a hard time getting past the Tension level. Okay, so you take the crowbar to em to be stealth and not attract attention by using a gun, but what rooms do you hit first. Been trying in this order the lower left, upper left, lower mid, then pretty much die.

Been playing CS 1.6 again after a long absence. That's fun/frustrating too.
    The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.

The thing with Cave Story is it can be a fairly easy game, but there are paths you can take to get the fuller experience, with more awesome weapons and even extra levels.

Can't wait to be able to play Super Metroid on my WiiU game pad ♥

Bryan - It isn't like any of those games you asked to compare to but have you tried out League of Legends? It's a free tower defense game that some of my friends have sold their souls to. You may digg it but it has a steep learning curve. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1),12(2),13(1),13(2)
    Upcoming shows
    Neutral Milk Hotel 4/9, The Knife 4/15, The Dandy Warhols 4/23, First Aid Kit 5/26, Parquet Courts 5/27, The Faint 6/1, Lady Gaga 6/3, Robyn/Röyksopp 6/29, Sharon Van Etten 6/29, Deafheaven 7/2, Cloud Nothings 7/7
    Events
    Knifechella 4/11-13&18-20, SDCC 7/24-27, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015