Results 7,051 to 7,080 of 8274

Thread: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS4 - WII U - XBone - PS3 - 360 - WII

Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS3 - 360 - WII

Riggins - on the down low.

That's very flattering, HG.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

so apparently microsoft registered the website XboxEvent.com

should be interesting to see what they announce for the next xbox. if i had to guess i'd say even more kinect integration.
    August 1 - Black Label Society
    August 14 - Nine Inch Nails/Soundgarden/DEP
    August 27 - Röyksopp & Robyn
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 12 - Austin City Limits: Day 3
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Metal Festival
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 23 - Caribou

Anyone get the new Sim City? I was able to play 3 hours the first day it came out on max settings. Then last night i was only able to play on mid or low settings without getting kicked off for about 5 hours and now no one can get on. I guess to expect this with every new game but damn.

I heard that the wait times could be pretty bad for the new sim city so I think I'll wait a few months before picking this up so the servers will be more stable. Too bad there is no offline mode. I really hope this "always on" option doesn't become the norm.

On an unrelated note the new tomb raider is fantastic. Highly recommended to anyone that is a fan of the genre.
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 16 - Earth
    September 21 - Nails
    October 10 - Bonobo
    November 23 - Caribou

Why are you guys buying (and supporting) the always on internet DRM games? It's such bullshit, and if you prefer to not have that in future games, I HIGHLY suggest you don't buy them. Vote with your wallet, because that is the only vote that EA, or Blizzard, or any other bullshit publisher is going to listen to.

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    Why are you guys buying (and supporting) the always on internet DRM games? It's such bullshit, and if you prefer to not have that in future games, I HIGHLY suggest you don't buy them. Vote with your wallet, because that is the only vote that EA, or Blizzard, or any other bullshit publisher is going to listen to.
    After my experience with D3, I've learned my lesson and "voted with my wallet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    I hope Wario and Donkey Kong don't conflict.

In other news, the new Tomb Raider kicks ass. If you have a PS3 and like the Uncharted series, then there is absolutely no reason not to buy this game. Best game of the last 6 months for sure. It is quite dark though, much darker than I anticipated it to be (and I'm only 40% done as of now).

Coachella Junkie

How many tombs have you raided?

Thought this was a good one

Quote Originally Posted by citizenerased View Post

Thought this was a good one
    lol I love when she keeps getting the spike to the face

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Echo & the Bunnymen 8/2, #BEENTRILL#/Jesse Andrews OSL Afterparty 8/8, Sir Paul McCartney 8/14, Offspring/Pennywise/Bad Religion 8/31, Swans 9/8, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Charli XCX 10/25, Sky Ferreira 11/23
    Events
    Outside Kanye West Lands 8/8, FYF Fest 8/23-24, Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

In other news, the new Tomb Raider kicks ass. If you have a PS3 and like the Uncharted series, then there is absolutely no reason not to buy this game. Best game of the last 6 months for sure. It is quite dark though, much darker than I anticipated it to be (and I'm only 40% done as of now).
    Just came back into this thread to post about that game too. I'm only 25% complete or so, but I am surprised at how good of a time I am having. I typically *hate* "treasure hunting"/collectible gathering elements in games, but so far I am having a great time exploring and trying to find every little thing in the areas.

Excited about the new Tomb Raider. But also jealous since I am way behind and working on Tomb Raider Chronicles these days. I am playing them in order, but I have less time to do so these days. So it might be a couple of years before I can get caught up to the new one. However, I will be getting that Xbox TR controller.
    2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2010, 2011, 2012.1, 2013.1, 2014.1

The new Tomb Raider is pretty great, but I had to use a glitch to get past a game breaking glitch, one of the action events was frustrating as all hell, and the tacked on Multi-player just shouldn't have been there. Also one of the secret single player achievements is pretty much bullshit, as is one of the numerous scavenger hunt things near the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkjustice View Post
    this mix is tripping me out
    Audio junky/CD collector
    Coachella 2001/2003

Quote Originally Posted by SoccerRyot View Post
    Excited about the new Tomb Raider. But also jealous since I am way behind and working on Tomb Raider Chronicles these days. I am playing them in order, but I have less time to do so these days. So it might be a couple of years before I can get caught up to the new one. However, I will be getting that Xbox TR controller.
    I'd say skip some of those...the new one has nothing to do with any of them (since it is a reboot after all).

Quote Originally Posted by lunatic core View Post
    The new Tomb Raider is pretty great, but I had to use a glitch to get past a game breaking glitch, one of the action events was frustrating as all hell, and the tacked on Multi-player just shouldn't have been there. Also one of the secret single player achievements is pretty much bullshit, as is one of the numerous scavenger hunt things near the end.
    which achievement? I hit a glitch that stopped me from completing (hell, even moving laura) in the very first tomb. A simple reload fixed it. Which action event are you talking about?

So SIM City is a game that requires you to be connected to the internet? I really don't like that. I finally bought SC2 for $20 and the first thing it did was try to log into Battle.net. I had no desire for that, very annoying plan for the future of gaming.

I'm glad to hear everyone loves Tomb Raider and the reviews on Alien: Colonial Marines aren't "This is game is terrible, burn it"; I'll save some money and get to those games later this year, I just can't justify any $60 purchase on a video game anymore. I'm still waiting for Doom 3: BFG to drop to $20 just like id's Rage. Maybe they will make Doom 4 worth saving their company.

So i finished Aliens: Colonial Marines.
    The game itself isn't horrible, as much as the storyline.

*SPOILERS*

So Hicks is alive. Your guess as to why are as good as the writers. They don't even know.

The biggest plot hole being, why was the Sulaco hovering back over LV-426, when even in the game, they say the ship was over Fury 161 (the planet in Alien 3), which is where they woke up Hicks, and Weyland-Yutani replaced his body with another persons body and the cry tubes were sent to crash on the planet (which they don't say why in the game, as seen in the caps above).

They also have a queen alien and hundreds of aliens on LV-426, yet they let go the fact that Ripley had an alien inside her before letting her and Newts body go to Fury.

And in 17 weeks time, Weyland Yutani sure managed to build some pretty big structures in and around Hadley’s Hope, the derelict ship, and on the marine ships in space. Not to mention, there were countless scientists and Weyland-Yutani security people there.

And how the hell is Hadleys hope so intact when the explosion would have wiped out everything? There's a lot of suspension of belief you have to do between Aliens and Alien 3.

/cool story bro

So is that on the PS2 version? Those graphics look great

I beat Tomb Raider this morning...all in all, I stick by my first impression which is the game is fantastic and a lot of fun. That said, it really is a ripoff of Uncharted. You put Nate and Sully in there instead of Lara, and you could have called it Uncharted 4 if you wanted. But I guess that's not a bad thing, since I love the Uncharted games anyway. I hope to see a sequel to this game in a couple years.

Anyway, for now it's onto Bioshock 3 in a couple weeks and playing some MLB The Show 13, and waiting for Last of Us to drop in June.

The only thing I'm not too fond of in the new Tomb Raider game is the amount of combat. One of the things that I loved about the PSX Tomb Raider games was that the primary focus was exploration. Also, another thing I'm not crazy about is that the exploration is a little straight-forward. It's like they borrowed the "show every collectible on the map" feature from the Assassin's Creed games. I still think it's a really good game, but I would've liked a little less combat and a little more emphasis on some of the classic mechanics that IMO made the series great. I understand it's supposed to be an origins story which is why these things aren't a huge issue and I am really looking forward to the follow up. I'm also hoping that we get more than one location to play in in the next game. I loved how varied the locations of the first three games were.
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 16 - Earth
    September 21 - Nails
    October 10 - Bonobo
    November 23 - Caribou

I will say that I think the melee combat system can use some work...if they are practically taking everything else from the Uncharted games, then they could have done a better job at the close quarter combat. Oh well, maybe the next game.

Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar

That's the problem right there. You're fully conscious of having paid for a refaced remake, and you've already accepted that you'll be buying the next rip off they have to offer. As long as people are willing to buy remakes, there will be no progressive gaming. This doesn't bother you? Lego Star Wars/ Indiana Jones/ Any popular nostalgia bullshit you're willing to buy, among others, are pretty much ruining gaming. The studios pumping these games out aren't even thinking outside their immediate success. They know what you'll buy, because you have no vision, and you're willing to buy a game that has less replay value than a film, but costs two to five times as much. Unfortunately, you're not just limiting yourself. Your continued sponsorship of these bullshit games is holding everyone back. Please, friend. Put your money back inside your wallet, and use that money to treat someone special to you instead. You'll be doing us all a favor.

I don't give a shit about Lego games.

a remake and a reboot are not the same things.
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 16 - Earth
    September 21 - Nails
    October 10 - Bonobo
    November 23 - Caribou

Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    a remake and a reboot are not the same things.
    Lexicon Devil, or annoying 'Ron? You be the judge.

You're here. You need to be here. Any questions?

Quote Originally Posted by Dogvolta View Post
    which achievement? I hit a glitch that stopped me from completing (hell, even moving laura) in the very first tomb. A simple reload fixed it. Which action event are you talking about?
    A reload wouldn't fix my game breaker, had to glitch through the ground to keep going. I died on the parachute sequence probably 26 times.
    Audio junky/CD collector
    Coachella 2001/2003

Damn. What version were you playing?

Damn. What version were you playing?

http://www.gamrreview.com/news/89858...nd-a-solution/
    Audio junky/CD collector
    Coachella 2001/2003

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    So is that on the PS2 version? Those graphics look great
    Yeah, the game doesn't look good. There are parts here and there that are really beautiful, though.
    The LV-426 planet exteriors look really good. The skylines in the distance and what-not.

And there's a lot of stuff that was shown in pictures a long time ago while it was still being made that aren't even in the game at all.
    Like you're only in the power loader briefly once to fight a big alien (not the queen).
    And you only get to use the best weapon (the smart gun, which automatically fires the target) once in the game.

There isn't even a big final fight in the game with the queen. You have to avoid her while pushing a few levers to eject her out of a ship before a cut scene finishes it.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterGather View Post
    Yeah, the game doesn't look good. There are parts here and there that are really beautiful, though.
    The LV-426 planet exteriors look really good. The skylines in the distance and what-not.

And there's a lot of stuff that was shown in pictures a long time ago while it was still being made that aren't even in the game at all.
    Like you're only in the power loader briefly once to fight a big alien (not the queen).
    And you only get to use the best weapon (the smart gun, which automatically fires the target) once in the game.

There isn't even a big final fight in the game with the queen. You have to avoid her while pushing a few levers to eject her out of a ship before a cut scene finishes it.
    This game sort of sounds like "Rage"

Neat stuff you don't get to use; because the game is over. They must of had some cluster fuckers while developing to put out such a shitty game. I saw the family guy game in development and their deadline got shorter and shorter, then fox said out of nowhere they don't like this version and to start over, same deadline. It kind of sucks when games just don't live up to a franchise's potential. Saving this for $20 bin sale.

I just started Bioshock yesterday. I am intrigued and wary about each step I take through Rapture. I'm excited I waited for this game and now can play it on a huge tv with a great sound system stoned out of my mind. I should note I didn't get a PS3 until last January (12) and its nice to catch up on games that were released when I wasn't gaming much.

So Sim City players: Its online mainly and it sucks (due to online issues)?