Page 231 of 278 FirstFirst ... 226227228229230231232233234235236 ... LastLast
Results 6,901 to 6,930 of 8313

Thread: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS4 - WII U - XBone - PS3 - 360 - WII

  1. #6901

    Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS3 - 360 - WII



    Yes!

  2. #6902
    Coachella Junkie
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    13,131

    Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS3 - 360 - WII

    As long as THQ doesn't go bankrupt.

  3. #6903
    Coachella Junkie Alchemy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    9,113

    Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS3 - 360 - WII



    It's coming out May 7th. Here is an interesting article: http://www.vg247.com/2012/12/12/the-...-of-the-world/
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

  4. #6904
    Coachella Junkie Alchemy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    9,113

    Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS3 - 360 - WII



    There is a new Humble Bundle!

    Six masterful indie games and one incredible film for your holiday delight. Humble Indie Bundle 7 features an unbeatable collection guaranteed to keep you entertained all winter long. Pay-what-you-want and get The Binding of Isaac (and its DLC, Wrath of the Lamb), Closure, Shank 2, Snapshot, and Indie Game: The Movie! And if you pay over the average, you’ll also get Dungeon Defenders (and its DLC) and Legend of Grimrock! To top it all off, you also get a handful of awesome soundtracks in lossless (FLAC) and MP3 formats!

    Pay what you want. If you bought this action-packed onslaught of entertainment separately, it’d cost around $140. But we’re letting you name your price!

    Cross-platform and DRM-free. All this content runs great on Mac, Windows, and Linux (system requirements here). Please note: this bundle contains six Linux and two Mac debuts! Please be patient while the developers fix any 1.0 bugs as quickly as they can, and don’t hesitate to contact us if you run into any issues.

    Support vital charities. Choose how your purchase is divided: between the developers, the Child’s Play Charity, or the Electronic Frontier Foundation. And if you like this promotion, a tip to Humble Bundle would be greatly appreciated!
    It is always worth paying more than the average (they'll add extra stuff). I've only played The Binding of Isaac out of these games - that game alone is easily worth the average donation. I've been curious about Dungeon Defenders, and Legend of Grimrock looks interesting.

    EDIT:

    Last edited by Alchemy; 12-19-2012 at 03:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

  5. #6905
    Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DTLA, CA
    Posts
    21,384

    Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS3 - 360 - WII

    Playstation plus is offering Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition for free! i've been waiting a long to finally play this, and even though I got a PS3 last November, i hadn't gotten around to buying it yet. It was a huge download (like 17gb) but i got to clock in about 40 minutes last night, and holy shit, this really is a fantastic fighter. What an amazing game.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

  6. #6906
    old school xanman86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    4,731

    Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS3 - 360 - WII

    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Playstation plus is offering Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition for free! i've been waiting a long to finally play this, and even though I got a PS3 last November, i hadn't gotten around to buying it yet. It was a huge download (like 17gb) but i got to clock in about 40 minutes last night, and holy shit, this really is a fantastic fighter. What an amazing game.
    Nice, my sn is xanman86 and I have a Tournament Edition fight stick for the PS3 that I don't get to use very often. Challenge me sometime.

    Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Swans 9/8, Modest Mouse 9/26, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Placebo 10/23, Charli XCX 10/25, Digitalism 11/7, First Aid Kit 11/13, Tame Impala 11/15, Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events
    Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

  7. #6907
    Member iv3rdawG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,744

    Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS3 - 360 - WII

    Just beat The Walking Dead on PC. Impacted me on an emotional level that no game has ever done and rarely any movie or TV show has. One of the best video games I've ever played.
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    jesus christ, i leave the board for an hour to find the disneyland thread and there's all these fry threads. wtf?!

  8. #6908
    Bambi menikmati's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    North Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    15,067

    Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS3 - 360 - WII

    Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post


    It's coming out May 7th. Here is an interesting article: http://www.vg247.com/2012/12/12/the-...-of-the-world/
    2013 is such a good year for games...

    Tomb Raider reboot
    Metal Gear Rising
    The Last of Us
    and the game of the year, Beyond: Two Souls

    can't wait for all of those

  9. #6909
    Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    9,232

    Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS3 - 360 - WII

    Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    2013 is such a good year for games...

    Tomb Raider reboot
    Metal Gear Rising
    The Last of Us
    and the game of the year, Beyond: Two Souls

    can't wait for all of those
    have you played the metal gear rising demo yet?
    September 16 - Earth
    September 18 - DJ Shadow & Cut Chemist
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 18 - Slayer

  10. #6910
    Bambi menikmati's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    North Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    15,067

    Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS3 - 360 - WII

    No, I'm just gonna wait one more month for it to come out, already have it preordered.

  11. #6911

    Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS3 - 360 - WII

    I need xbox friends

    feel free to add Bethchella (original, I know) if you're so inclined. I play dumb games though, sorry!!
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) 10/3-5 Austin City Limits

  12. #6912

    Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS3 - 360 - WII

    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Dark Souls II just announced.



    The only person with any taste in video games in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by MassonaBlackEyes View Post
    who the fuck quotes themselves in their sigs?

  13. #6913
    Member roboticwaltz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    SFV, CA
    Posts
    524

    Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS3 - 360 - WII

    Anybody playing PS All-Stars?
    The Replacements - OutKast - The Knife - HAIM - Bonobo - Afghan Whigs - The Glitch Mob - The Cult - Shlohmo - Waxahatchee - Wye Oak

    Queens of the Stone Age - Pharrell Williams - Pet Shop Boys - Empire of the Sun - Fatboy Slim - Nas - Kid Cudi - Warpaint - Mogwai - Foxygen - The Dismemberment Plan - Blood Orange

    Arcade Fire - Beck - Neutral Milk Hotel - Disclosure - Motorhead - Duck Sauce - Little Dragon - Toy Dolls - Fishbone - Superchunk - Daughter - Surfer Blood

  14. #6914
    Bambi menikmati's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    North Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    15,067

    Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS3 - 360 - WII

    Any Sega/Sonic fan should definitely go pick up the new History of Sonic the Hedgehog book that just came out. It's amazing.

  15. #6915
    Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DTLA, CA
    Posts
    21,384

    Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS3 - 360 - WII

    Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    Any Sega/Sonic fan should definitely go pick up the new History of Sonic the Hedgehog book that just came out. It's amazing.
    Oh wow, i didn't know about this. i just went through the preview pages on Amazon and it does look great.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

  16. #6916
    Coachella Junkie sonofhal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    8,966

    Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS3 - 360 - WII

    Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post
    I need xbox friends

    feel free to add Bethchella (original, I know) if you're so inclined. I play dumb games though, sorry!!
    I'm christofic on xbox live, for those that haven't already added me.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

  17. #6917
    Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    9,232

    Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS3 - 360 - WII

    for anyone interested, all the Skyrim dlc is coming to PS3 in February and it's 50% off the first week.
    September 16 - Earth
    September 18 - DJ Shadow & Cut Chemist
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 18 - Slayer

  18. #6918
    Member CuervoPH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Dover, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,198

    Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS3 - 360 - WII

    I need to try this xbox live shit, though I suck when I'm not playing the computer in easy mode.

    (And that was supposed to quote Chris's post, but it didn't, so apparently I suck at message boards when not in easy mode too.)

  19. #6919
    old school Geno_g's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    5,430

    Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS3 - 360 - WII

    Any of you guys/gals playing Far Cry 3... It is a blast!

  20. #6920
    old school xanman86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    4,731

    Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS3 - 360 - WII

    Quote Originally Posted by Geno_g View Post
    Any of you guys/gals playing Far Cry 3... It is a blast!
    Tried it out at my Brother's place but I don't have a copy. It was really cool from what I saw tho.

    Quote Originally Posted by roboticwaltz View Post
    Anybody playing PS All-Stars?
    I'm usually on for a bit at night, same sn.

    Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Swans 9/8, Modest Mouse 9/26, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Placebo 10/23, Charli XCX 10/25, Digitalism 11/7, First Aid Kit 11/13, Tame Impala 11/15, Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events
    Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

  21. #6921
    Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,027

    Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS3 - 360 - WII

    Quote Originally Posted by sonofhal View Post
    I'm christofic on xbox live, for those that haven't already added me.
    I've been playing Black Ops 2 since it came out. Already pretty bored with it, but I can't play a game unless it's online multi-player. Go ahead and add me if anyone wants to lower my k/d any further (what can I say? I used to play a lot more, and I'm pretty bad again haha). Zafocaine is the ID.

  22. #6922

    Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS3 - 360 - WII

    Do any of you still play Diablo 3?
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

  23. #6923

    Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS3 - 360 - WII

    Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    I've been playing Black Ops 2 since it came out. Already pretty bored with it, but I can't play a game unless it's online multi-player. Go ahead and add me if anyone wants to lower my k/d any further (what can I say? I used to play a lot more, and I'm pretty bad again haha). Zafocaine is the ID.
    I'm pretty disappointed with black ops 2 as well and I'm a huge fan of the call of duty franchise. Usually I'm done with the story and then play online but I can't bring myself to finishing campaign.


    Pickle0753 on 360 if anyone wants to add me. I also play halo4 online.
    meow

  24. #6924
    Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,027

    Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS3 - 360 - WII

    Quote Originally Posted by vogina View Post
    Do any of you still play Diablo 3?
    I played D2 a bit back in the day, so I felt obligated to pick up D3 when it came out, as we all waited nearly a decade for that bastard to drop. Fucking horrible. Maybe all the drugs and pussy of the past five years made games like this intolerable, but I just can't bring myself to play it anymore. What's with still not having pvp months later? Fuck that game. No offense to you though, just that saggy ass of a game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ha.SK View Post
    I'm pretty disappointed with black ops 2 as well and I'm a huge fan of the call of duty franchise. Usually I'm done with the story and then play online but I can't bring myself to finishing campaign.


    Pickle0753 on 360 if anyone wants to add me. I also play halo4 online.
    I will say that I imagined a much greater game the six months I spent waiting for the game to drop. I'll also point out that I'm not a game designer, so I can't exactly point any fingers like I could have done better. The disclaimer out of the way.... Black Ops 2 is MW4. Tactical knife equipped to your pistol ought to be proof enough of that. I think my major problem with BO2 is pixel space. I'm the type of guy who gets fairly pissed off when team mates accidentally trap you in somewhere by being way too close, getting both of you killed. The worst aspect of the game for me is the knifing. In BO, knifing is pretty fucking easy. Every time I play BO2, I get mucked when my knife appears to cut someones head off, but misses them entirely somehow. I probably have a couple hours worth of missed knifings that look perfect, with plenty of shitty knifings that killed people. I guess some people out there adjust their game accordingly, but I'm hoping that BO2 will adjust THEIR game accordingly, so I don't have to.

  25. #6925
    Bambi menikmati's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    North Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    15,067

    Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS3 - 360 - WII

    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    for anyone interested, all the Skyrim dlc is coming to PS3 in February and it's 50% off the first week.
    Don't be fooled...it's guaranteed to be bug ridden.

  26. #6926
    Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,027

    Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS3 - 360 - WII

    Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    Don't be fooled...it's guaranteed to be bug ridden.
    I still don't see why anyone who played Final Fantasy 7 would want to play any other rpg. Once you beat the game, you've pretty much beaten every rpg worth playing. I sold my Skyrim. An utterly boring game with weak characters that you don't give a shit about. I picked up Final Fantasy 13, which will probably suck a fat fart too, but I have to give it a chance. FF12 was garbage. A very quick game to beat.

  27. #6927

    Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS3 - 360 - WII

    Quote Originally Posted by vogina View Post
    Do any of you still play Diablo 3?
    I played the hell out of that game for a solid month straight. And then one day the thought of sitting in front of the computer and playing that game made me ill. It really is a terrible terrible game. I think I stopped having fun halfway through that month but I kept looking for some way to squeeze out fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    I hope Wario and Donkey Kong don't conflict.

  28. #6928

    Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS3 - 360 - WII

    I heard Wilson dropped from it. It made me giggle.
    Quote Originally Posted by bug on your lip View Post
    you ever get this uneasy feeling that everyone of us on this board is actually in Hell?

  29. #6929

    Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS3 - 360 - WII

    Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    I will say that I imagined a much greater game the six months I spent waiting for the game to drop. I'll also point out that I'm not a game designer, so I can't exactly point any fingers like I could have done better. The disclaimer out of the way.... Black Ops 2 is MW4. Tactical knife equipped to your pistol ought to be proof enough of that. I think my major problem with BO2 is pixel space. I'm the type of guy who gets fairly pissed off when team mates accidentally trap you in somewhere by being way too close, getting both of you killed. The worst aspect of the game for me is the knifing. In BO, knifing is pretty fucking easy. Every time I play BO2, I get mucked when my knife appears to cut someones head off, but misses them entirely somehow. I probably have a couple hours worth of missed knifings that look perfect, with plenty of shitty knifings that killed people. I guess some people out there adjust their game accordingly, but I'm hoping that BO2 will adjust THEIR game accordingly, so I don't have to.
    I try to not knife especially in Black Ops 2 cause so far I haven't been able to pull it it off. I figured I just suck at it but if you're having problems then maybe it's not just me.
    I've been playing FF13 and its ok but it took a while for me to understand how to battle....in the beginning I just tapped A (you'll see what I mean) its fairly an easy game and the story is ok. No free roaming till chapter 11 which is my biggest complaint. I head FF13-2 is way better battle wise but I won't start it till I finish the the first one.
    meow

  30. #6930
    Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,027

    Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS3 - 360 - WII

    I've gone on some great knife-only sprees, but it just doesn't feel that the game is perfectly calibrated. You can sit there locked on a spot, and if someone has a "better" attachment, you're fucked. The original Black Ops was more rigged towards being able to win with any combination. Black Ops 2 is centered around shitty gamers camping with target finders, or hiding in corners with shotguns. There's literally no skill involved. I put a target finder on any of my guns, and it doubles my K/D. The game has become fucking stupid and pointless. Good job, Treyarch. I'll probably be breaking into FF13 in the next few nights.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 550
    Last Post: 06-22-2014, 07:33 AM
  2. Replies: 63
    Last Post: 05-03-2013, 05:11 PM
  3. Synth Hardware/Software Thread
    By Jman4321 in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-17-2010, 03:54 PM
  4. Gaming Tent
    By natureboy in forum Questions
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-06-2008, 08:08 PM
  5. IT hardware geek help
    By jackstraw94086 in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-11-2008, 09:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •