Page 228 of 284 FirstFirst ... 223224225226227228229230231232233 ... LastLast
Results 6,811 to 6,840 of 8504

Thread: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS4 - WII U - XBone - PS3 - 360 - WII

Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS3 - 360 - WII

So I got Hearthfire, because in a game full of dragons and giants and shit, apparently I just want me a house and feminism is a lie. Anyway, I'd like to know what configurations anybody else is going for. I own the three plots and I've built the basics of the house, but now I've got to decide what wings to get. I was going to use the Morthal house for general alchemy and enchanting stuff and then either the forest or snowy mountain one as my "home" for the family, but I'm weighing up the pros and cons of each plot as I gather up building materials. Falkreath is in a slightly busier area with the road nearby and all, and that's nice for the illusion of domesticity, but it's also got badguys pretty much living in the front garden. The Pale plot is a bit more isolated, but it would feel a bit weird to use it as a farm with all the snow and all.

Also, damn, that swampy place is a right old craphole.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Double Dragon neon is free on Playstation Plus, and if you like old school beat-em ups, it is fun as as fuck.
    last.fm
    12/4/14 - Angel Olsen @ El Rey // 12/10/14 - Tune-Yards/Cibo Matto @ Wiltern

Borderlands 2 and Mark of The Ninja. You should be playing these games.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkjustice View Post
    this mix is tripping me out
    Audio junky/CD collector
    Coachella 2001/2003

I played Borderlands 2 for a couple hours last night. I think I am going to really like this game. What is your character? I'm playing Zero, I plan on going melee branch (that was the right most branch I think) although I am HEAVILY tempted to also go sniping. Is a 2 tree hybrid viable in this game you think?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    I hope Wario and Donkey Kong don't conflict.

https://www.humblebundle.com/

You guys, there is a new Humble Indie Bundle. Pay what you want (but pay more than the average for a bonus game, and they sometimes add another game or two later). The games are: Dustforce, Rochard, Shatter, S.P.A.Z., Torchlight, and Vessel.

I have been playing Shatter, and it is a ton of fun. It is a Breakout-style game, but with an amazing soundtrack and some interesting additions to the genre (like the ability to push/pull with your paddle). Speaking of soundtracks, you also get those from the bundle.

Torchlight is just like Diablo II/Diablo III. It is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

If you haven't played Black Mesa then you are seriously missing out. This mod feels like it was professionally done. It's seriously exhilarating getting to reexplore the Half-Life world with such attention to detail. A lot of love was put into this thing. Also it's free.

December 31 - Matthew Dear/The Sword/Pallbearer
    January 30 - Behemoth
    February 3 - Zola Jesus
    February 10 - 1349
    February 28 - A Place To Bury Strangers
    April 6 - Swans
    April 10-12 - Coachella
    April 17 - Clark/Nosaj Thing
    May 8-10 - Austin Psych Fest
    May 15-17 - Psycho California
    June 24-28 - Glastonbury

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    If you haven't played Black Mesa then you are seriously missing out. This mod feels like it was professionally done. It's seriously exhilarating getting to reexplore the Half-Life world with such attention to detail. A lot of love was put into this thing. Also it's free.
    I wish I had a gaming rig...

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    https://www.humblebundle.com/

You guys, there is a new Humble Indie Bundle. Pay what you want (but pay more than the average for a bonus game, and they sometimes add another game or two later). The games are: Dustforce, Rochard, Shatter, S.P.A.Z., Torchlight, and Vessel.
    Thanks for the heads up, just purchased and am looking forward to digging into these games.
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

Resident Evil 6 demo was pretty boring for the most part but I am still looking forward to grabbing the game. I hope they make moving around a bit more fluid before release.

Anyone picking up a WiiU? I went around looking for a preorder yesterday but I seem to be about a week too late :-(

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows

Events
    Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015, SDCC 7/9-12/2015

Quote Originally Posted by xanman86 View Post
    Anyone picking up a WiiU? I went around looking for a preorder yesterday but I seem to be about a week too late :-(
    I'm still on the fence. And you can still preorder the "normal" version at places like Gamestop, and also find bundle 'deals' for the 32GB edition and a game and extra controller at places like Walmart. Don't give up yet!
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

Wish I did that fucking commercial. I would have had a free wiiU.

Thank you Nathan for news about Black Mesa, that project took...what like 5-8 years to complete? I hope they get a mod for PS3's/Xbox's Orange Box.

Imagine playing Half Life from the original all the way to Episode 2. Fuuuuuuuuuuuu epic.

Downloading through the wonderful Desura.
    2007, 2008, 2009, 2010

Just preordered Black Ops 2 Hardened Edition for PS3.

Looks like Game Stop just started a wait list for the WiiU, I am now #1 on the wait list for my local store to get a Deluxe WiiU. Hope that means I can get one the first week or so...

Upcoming shows

Events

Sad.

Nintendo: Joining The HD Generation 6 Years Too Late

January 30 - Behemoth
    February 3 - Zola Jesus
    February 10 - 1349
    April 6 - Swans
    April 10-12 - Coachella
    June 24-28 - Glastonbury

Actually now with the wiiu - i can buy a wii for cheap as fuck. So good job nintendo. I'll buy the wiiu when you release the wiiZ, lil wayne edition

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Nintendo: Joining The HD Generation 6 Years Too Late
    Yes, I'm sure they're just kicking themselves over the six years they spent outselling both their competitors combined.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by lunatic core View Post
    Borderlands 2 and Mark of The Ninja. You should be playing these games.
    Oh man- I just cracked Borderlands 2 today and it is wildly addictive! It has a rather typical FPS feel to its combat. But the action, quests, leveling and story are a gas so far!
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden| Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| DFA 1979| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

Borderlands 2 has taken over my life somewhat.

Also, new versions of Pokemon Black and White are released here just in time for my 7 hr flight to NYC next Friday. That should be a good test of my 3DS battery life.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

I just beat Dark Souls for the first time. Amazing game. I should probably thank Dogvolta for convincing me to grab it. Took me about 35 hours to beat. I just started my NG+ but I'm going to take a different approach on this play through. There are a few areas that I never checked out (Valley of the Drakes, Ash Lake, etc.) so I want to try and see everything this game has to offer.

January 30 - Behemoth
    February 3 - Zola Jesus
    February 10 - 1349
    April 6 - Swans
    April 10-12 - Coachella
    June 24-28 - Glastonbury

Quote Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
    Oh man- I just cracked Borderlands 2 today and it is wildly addictive! It has a rather typical FPS feel to its combat. But the action, quests, leveling and story are a gas so far!
    I've played a metric assload of BL2 as well, but I lurved the first one. My Borderlands online partner bailed on me this time around, but fuck him, this game is way better than the first one. I love the integration of the original characters and the side characters are awesome.

It's probably the best action RPG I've ever played, and I played all of Fallout New Vegas in survival mode and finished 100% of Skyrim. Skyrim felt like a job to me after awhile - Borderlands 2 feels like a vacation. Tiny Tina is crackin' me up.

I just beat Dark Souls for the first time. Amazing game. I should probably thank Dogvolta for convincing me to grab it. Took me about 35 hours to beat. I just started my NG+ but I'm going to take a different approach on this play through. There are a few areas that I never checked out (Valley of the Drakes, Ash Lake, etc.) so I want to try and see everything this game has to offer.
    Congrats. I remember my first time killing gwyn...I had the shakes I was so excited haha. I've beaten the game numerous times since then, NG+s and NG. To be honest there may be even more areas and aspects of the game unexplored than you think. On subsequent play throughs I had a great time messing around with sun covenant and gravelording other players.
    I can't wait for the expansion. I haven't played the game in a while and am looking forward to picking it up again with fresh content

I know I'm way late, but I finally picked up the first two Assassin Creed games off Amazon. Figured I should play both before picking up the upcoming part 3.

Quote Originally Posted by TomServo View Post
    I've played a metric assload of BL2 as well, but I lurved the first one. My Borderlands online partner bailed on me this time around, but fuck him, this game is way better than the first one. I love the integration of the original characters and the side characters are awesome.

It's probably the best action RPG I've ever played, and I played all of Fallout New Vegas in survival mode and finished 100% of Skyrim. Skyrim felt like a job to me after awhile - Borderlands 2 feels like a vacation. Tiny Tina is crackin' me up.
    Tough for me to argue against it. However, I would say that I liked the V.A.T.S combat system from Fallout a bit better than than the general ready/fire/aim in Borderlands 2. Also, Borderlands 2 strikes me as a genuine co-op game. I'm soloing right now and is it ever a bitch! I talked to my buddy up at MS last night and I might re-up my Live account just so I can play it with him.

On a side note- some of the quips from Salvador and the weapons style remind me a bit of old school Duke Nukem. I'm a sucker for crass in game language and bravado from my characters!
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden| Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| DFA 1979| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

Anyone here play Guild Wars 2?
    1/11 Tamaryn @ The Echo, 1/20 Elton John @ Caesars Palace, 2/14 Sparks @ The Ace, 2/17 Emmy the Great @ DC9 (?)

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Anyone here play Guild Wars 2?
    Thinking about it. Picked up Torchlight 2 instead. Let me know how it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by bug on your lip View Post
    you ever get this uneasy feeling that everyone of us on this board is actually in Hell?

Been really enjoying it. A refreshing change of pace from WoW, and one I really needed, so I figured I'd give this a try for the same price of the Panda upgrade and a month of playtime. The combat is more action-oriented, so you get to run around while casting and dodging attacks is essential, and the graphics are also impressive.
    1/11 Tamaryn @ The Echo, 1/20 Elton John @ Caesars Palace, 2/14 Sparks @ The Ace, 2/17 Emmy the Great @ DC9 (?)

I've been playing the MoP expansion all week. It's definitely the best expansion WoW has had.

January 30 - Behemoth
    February 3 - Zola Jesus
    February 10 - 1349
    April 6 - Swans
    April 10-12 - Coachella
    June 24-28 - Glastonbury

Picked up RE6 at midnight last night, it was a lot of fun for the few hours I played. Ready for work to be over so I can get back to it lol

Upcoming shows

Events

This just in:

My god, I'm tearing up...
    Ahh the memories.

Last edited by Starraven; 10-02-2012 at 12:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bug on your lip View Post
    you ever get this uneasy feeling that everyone of us on this board is actually in Hell?