Page 224 of 278 FirstFirst ... 219220221222223224225226227228229 ... LastLast
Results 6,691 to 6,720 of 8313

Thread: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS4 - WII U - XBone - PS3 - 360 - WII

Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS3 - 360 - WII

I'm not going to waste my gaming time watching the new DLC for ME3, at this point I honestly don't care about it and I care even less knowing that the IT was indeed wishful thinking.
    I've decided to eventually start playing Skyrim again (I played for two solid weeks after it was released, but ended up shelving it and going right back to Dark Souls, haven't played Skyrim since). The DLC for Skyrim seems amazing, so I think that warrants a whole new character and play experience.
    But before I do that, I'm going to play all of my Diablo 3 HC characters until they expire. I've got 4 lvl 30+ HC characters, and the only thing keeping me involved in this game is the drive to get at least one character (namely my monk) to 60 on HC. Chances are, however, that once they all die, I will not be making a new character.

Seriously, when does the next Dark/Demon Souls game release?

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    So would I, but I'd feel bad when he says things like, "Coachella isn't for another nine months, but the Kid don't care: He's going on that message board anyway," "Kid decides to see what's new on Reddit a little longer," and "The calamity can wait: Kid's just going to watch TV and eat Doritos. Somebody's gotta' do it."

well said
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    I hope Wario and Donkey Kong don't conflict.

Coachella Junkie

I've been playing the new Magic the Etc game for the last few days. Don't bother, I'm already judging myself.

SHIVAN DRAGON BRO!

Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    I've been playing the new Magic the Etc game for the last few days. Don't bother, I'm already judging myself.
    I just downloaded the Magic 2013 app to my iPad....its fucking great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    I hope Wario and Donkey Kong don't conflict.

I've been seeing a lot of young people express love for Final Fantasy X lately (even so far as "that is my favorite RPG"), which is pretty interesting, because I think people my age discounted it for not being like Final Fantasy VII or Final Fantasy VIII. It is like whatever Final Fantasy game releases when you are in middle school will become the Final Fantasy of your generation.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

I've been seeing a lot of young people express love for Final Fantasy X lately (even so far as "that is my favorite RPG"), which is pretty interesting, because I think people my age discounted it for not being like Final Fantasy VII or Final Fantasy VIII. It is like whatever Final Fantasy game releases when you are in middle school will become the Final Fantasy of your generation.
    God help those whose first exposure was Final Fantasy X-2 then!

FF3 noobz.

I loved FFX at the time, and I'm pretty sure I might still do. I liked the hell out of that weird ballgame, and I got really into those characters and their world. I think you're right that your "generation" of FF will be your favourite sure, but I never hated on FFX.

I actually really liked FFXII too, I thought it was unfairly overlooked for falling between platforms. It had a complicated world, but your character was kind of just the street rat watching huge political events unfold around them, which was interesting.

Up until the latest wave of non-starters, the only Final Fantasy that had left me totally cold was FF9. Monkey tailed bullshit.

I never hated FFX, either. Though, I hated that ballgame. Because I sucked at it, and I didn't understand what I was supposed to do. (I never quite understood the card game in FFIX, either.) FFX was the first one that I beat. At the time, I had only made it to the final boss battles on all the other ones, and then just gave up because my characters were not strong enough.

I actually really liked FFIX, because of how "old-fashioned" the world was. There was something very ornate about it. Dark City Treno is probably my favorite place in the Final Fantasy world... I liked FFXII a lot, too. I haven't beat it yet, but I'm pretty sure it is another RPG in which I made it to the last battle and didn't want to level up anymore.

I liked a lot of things about FFXIII. I thought Lightening was a cool character, like Cloud or Squall. But that game seemed to require more grinding than all the others, and there was such a dismal selection of enemies (same enemies, but different colors) that it just wasn't fun to level up.
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Yeah. I liked the FFXIII characters, but that was about it. It wasn't even fun to explore, it was just super tedious and linear to play.

How did you feel about the paradigm system? I actually really liked that about the game, especially how it made the combat really fast-paced (even rewarding speed). Sometimes it felt a little paper-scissors-rock, but overall, I liked how the characters progressed and fought. I just wish I could have used that against more interesting enemies.

But you're absolutely right: It was not fun to explore. In fact, you practically couldn't explore until you reached that big place with all the crystal mission-givers. But that wasn't until later, and the only thing you could really find in those "explorations" were a bunch of boring enemies. And then "bosses" that were just the same enemies you kept fighting, except harder and with a different color scheme. I thought that was very lazy.

Coachella Junkie

(I never quite understood the card game in FFIX, either.)
    What.

What.

Coachella Junkie

Nevermind, I was thinking of VIII's card game which made sense and was fun to play.

Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    I loved FFX at the time, and I'm pretty sure I might still do. I liked the hell out of that weird ballgame, and I got really into those characters and their world. I think you're right that your "generation" of FF will be your favourite sure, but I never hated on FFX.

I actually really liked FFXII too, I thought it was unfairly overlooked for falling between platforms. It had a complicated world, but your character was kind of just the street rat watching huge political events unfold around them, which was interesting.

Up until the latest wave of non-starters, the only Final Fantasy that had left me totally cold was FF9. Monkey tailed bullshit.
    I also loved X and hated IX. I thought XII was incredibly forgettable and I never made it through all of X-2. I'll probably grab XIII-2 when it hits the bargain bins.
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/17 Karen O at Masonic Lodge, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/20 Chvrches @ Tower Theatre, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

I'll be honest and admit that FFVII and X were the only ones I beat. I normally end up beating some side quest or optional boss in RPGs that dwarfs the actual storyline boss of the game and I lose interest in it before I actually complete it. I'm one of those poor idiots that needs to complete every fucking side mission before I actually complete the standard and easy storyline...I rarely ever finish an RPG.
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

People still swear that they loved Legend of Dragoon, so whatever. FF6 for life.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkjustice View Post
    this mix is tripping me out
    Audio junky/CD collector
    Coachella 2001/2003

Anybody excited about the Steam Summer Sale? It allegedly begins tomorrow. I'm not sure that there's anything I want, except for maybe The Binding of Isaac, which would probably be like $2 if it went on sale, because it's already cheap as it is. I've heard good things about it.

There would definitely be more that I'd be interested in if I had a good PC. I just have a PC laptop and a Macbook, but hardly any games are made for Mac, and my PC laptop kills itself just trying to play a game like Torchlight.

Nevermind, I was thinking of VIII's card game which made sense and was fun to play.
    Yeah, that one was Triple Triad. I loved that game. I wish they would put it in the new games.

Quote Originally Posted by lunatic core View Post
    People still swear that they loved Legend of Dragoon, so whatever. FF6 for life.
    I don't think I ever played Legend of Dragoon. I did play FFVI, however, and it is my favorite numbered Final Fantasy. Overall though, my favorite Final Fantasy is FFTactics.

So the Steam Summer Sale was not today, it seems. Which is alright, I suppose, because I won a new Uncharted 3 on eBay yesterday for $30! The journey continues!

Coachella Junkie

Nerds build Westeros in Minecraft. Beheadings ensue.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BIGGEST-COLL..._161279wt_1163

Anyone got way too much money and want to buy this mega bundle of stuff?
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Ive played through FF7, 8 and 12. Got halfway through 10 twice and I got distracted and dropped it both times, arg. I'm on the last chapter of 13 but haven't had the time to finish it. Played a bit of 1, 4, and 9 but nothing too significant. I'd love to make time to play through all of them and replay 7 and 8.

I enjoyed 12 a lot, it is hard to go back to 10's permanent camera angles vs being able to move the camera in 12.

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Swans 9/8, Modest Mouse 9/26, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Placebo 10/23, Charli XCX 10/25, Digitalism 11/7, First Aid Kit 11/13, Tame Impala 11/15, Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events
    Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

i've played all of them except for FF4 and FF13 and FF11/FF14 (neither of those count in my opinion since they're MMOs). I have to say that 6-9 are definitely my favorite though.
    Last edited by nathanfairchild; 07-20-2012 at 08:56 AM.
    September 16 - Earth
    September 18 - DJ Shadow & Cut Chemist
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 18 - Slayer

Blitzball from FFX was only enjoyable if you got the Jecht Shot early in the game. If you miss it, it's a bitch to play because the other teams start out so much better than you. Oh, and IX's cardgame is absolute bullshit, made worse by the fact that it came after Triple Triad, which was fantastic.

I've beaten VII through X, and was very unhealthily addicted to XI for a solid three years, but I haven't really given XII or XIII an honest chance. Maybe sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by xanman86 View Post
    Ive played through FF7, 8 and 12. Got halfway through 10 twice and I got distracted and dropped it both times, arg. I'm on the last chapter of 13 but haven't had the time to finish it. Played a bit of 1, 4, and 9 but nothing too significant. I'd love to make time to play through all of them and replay 7 and 8.

I enjoyed 12 a lot, it is hard to go back to 10's permanent camera angles vs being able to move the camera in 12.
    I feel the same when I go from playing MGS3 back to MGS2. Drives me nuts, but then I get use to it again.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofhal View Post
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/BIGGEST-COLL..._161279wt_1163

Anyone got way too much money and want to buy this mega bundle of stuff?
    Woh. That is pretty intense. He makes it sounds like he has played/ tested EVERY single game.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

My girlfriend bought us a Wii. Why? I don't know. Other than Zelda I probably won't use it much and even then I'm never really home enough to use it.

old school

Bring it to camp.

To Camp? oh Canada.

In other news. OUYA!!!!

I beat Uncharted 3. Another fantastic game. I read that Columbia Pictures are trying to make an Uncharted movie. Hmm... I don't know about that...

I recently found Bioshock 2 for $8 (PS3 Version). This gives me an excuse to finally play through the first game. I had been enjoying the hell out of it (the beginning of it, at least), but I think I got it around the same time as Red Dead Redemption, which preoccupied my video gaming for a while. And then I didn't have video games for a while, and then Skyrim came out... et cetera... It's time to finally do this. I'm going to start over from the beginning.

EDIT: Also, my cousin and I recently brushed the dirt off Unreal Tournament III (PS3). Freaking fun game. It actually had mod support! You could download mods from the Internet, put them on a USB stick, and then install them onto your PS3.
    Last edited by Alchemy; 07-10-2012 at 05:14 PM.