Page 218 of 276 FirstFirst ... 213214215216217218219220221222223 ... LastLast
Results 6,511 to 6,540 of 8274

Thread: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS4 - WII U - XBone - PS3 - 360 - WII

Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS3 - 360 - WII

Quote Originally Posted by spiggums View Post
    So they kind of fucked up the Diablo 3 launch.
    Yeah servers tend to overload with their games - what else happened?

There were people posting tricks to get it working all over my twitter but I just dont give a fuck at this point. It will already own lives, why rush?

Its like those long queues to play WoW when it got going. People will hold it against blizzard forever.

Yeah, I'll pick up D3 maybe in late June/July. Blizzard games are worse than crack when it comes to addictions.

Searched and didn't find anyone mentioning it: Rhythm Heaven Fever for Wii. Did a relative blind-buy on Saturday with a quick search on Amazon for reviews. As long as you knew what you were getting into, it was said to be very fun and entertaining. My son and I had some very jovial moments playing this.

It's simple, this game plays on your rhythm and beat to basic animation and entertaining enough musical accompaniment. I took the reviews' advise and let myself relax and play along. BTW, it can be pretty challenging! It's not too hard to achieve a medal, but who goes for that when you can strive for the "perfect badge".

Anyone else give this a try?

Lurker

Anyone wanna play COD3 Modern Warfare look for vinylmartyr?

Just Killed my way through the starter edition of Diablo 3. I will have to pick it up when I get paid.

I hope they fix the Diablo III servers by the time the UPS guy arrives.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Should be ok to go by now. Somebody has already beaten the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkjustice View Post
    this mix is tripping me out
    Audio junky/CD collector
    Coachella 2001/2003

In that case... Where are you, UPS guy!? This is what I get for being frugal.
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

It's like you people didn't remember diablo 2.... You have plenty of time to give blizzard your soul

What is your Battle.net ID, or email?

I am not on yet, but you will be find me this weekend by: Vogina@gmail.com
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

Coachella Junkie

I think they're on their 6th round of emergency maintenance at Blizzard.

If you have never played a Blizzard game on launch day: well now you know.

Give it a week or two before battle.net settles down

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    If you have never played a Blizzard game on launch day: well now you know.

Give it a week or two before battle.net settles down
    The problem is that this is completely unacceptable for a game that, at it's heart, is a single player experience.

It's a giant flaw in the way they are structuring their products now...

I take it you have to register online before you can even play single player? fucking blizzard, they have some deal with the devil or the reptilians

I am addicted to the new donkey kong country. Do not judge me.
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Music is a safe kind of high" - Jimi Hendrix
    “Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby

I take it you have to register online before you can even play single player? fucking blizzard, they have some deal with the devil or the reptilians
    Yeah, you have to log in to their servers every time you start the game. So, I had pre-ordered the game, downloaded it, had it sitting on my laptop ready to play... but it took me about 3 hours after the launch before I was able to actually play it (Not that I was trying constantly over that three hour period).

Haven't tried today, but my understanding is that it hasn't exactly been better.

Quote Originally Posted by spiggums View Post
    Yeah, you have to log in to their servers every time you start the game. So, I had pre-ordered the game, downloaded it, had it sitting on my laptop ready to play... but it took me about 3 hours after the launch before I was able to actually play it (Not that I was trying constantly over that three hour period).

Haven't tried today, but my understanding is that it hasn't exactly been better.
    Glad I've got a lot on my plate right now and not diablo waving a carrot in front of me. After the launches for all their[Blizzard] other games, last thing I need right now is to stare at a "Connecting to Battle.net......" "Servers are busy at this time, please try again later."

Was fucking piiiiiiissssed at these messages for D2/WoW/WoW:BC

Diablo III has worked fine for me. I had met a friend of mine for lunch and we ended up spending more time than I thought. When I got home around 3:30, the game was next to my front door. When it was installed and ready to roll, I saw a message that said that the servers were down until 4:30 (my time). I read an article online. I tried the game, pretty much on the dot - 4:30 - and I logged in without errors. I made a monk. 10 levels later, no problems. I'm all Diablo'd out for the night.

The monk is awesome, by the way. I'm so glad he can heal himself. There were a few encounters with ridiculous mobs that should have killed me.

The servers are down again but I ride blizzard's cock too hard to stay mad at them.

Started playing again... again, single player game... their servers lose connectivity, and I'm kicked out of the game I was playing?

Seriously shitty platform design by Blizzard!

I had no intentions of ever buying/playing D3. I largely ignored the game every since it was announced. I don't have a gaming PC rig and do not plan on buying/making one. However, last night while typing a big ass fucking paper for my final, I realized that my iMac was fairly new. I checked the iMac's specs. I checked the minimum/recommended specs for D3...my fucking iMac blew the recommended specs away. I promptly logged onto my battle.net account (I have starcraft 2) and downloaded that shit.

Needless to say, I was very surprised and frustrated at this whole inability to play a single player game because of online server problems. Stupid stupid stupid shit.
    At least I got 6 pages typed...5 more to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    I hope Wario and Donkey Kong don't conflict.

I just played more Diablo III this morning. I guess I've been logging on at all the right times.

So far the game is pretty cool; however, admittedly, it's like a prettier Torchlight. I mean, I know Torchlight is just a prettier Diablo II, but Diablo III and Torchlight feel even more similar. The thing I've really liked about Diablo III so far has been the companions that join you. I've been journeying around with the templar. It's not a huge deal, but I really like when they randomly chat with each other about stuff. It gives more of an adventurous feeling... My main complaint about the game so far is that the whole point-and-click combat has not become engaging. I wish this game was a 1st-person experience like Skyrim. If not that, then a game like Shiren the Wanderer (but maybe not so merciless).

Quote Originally Posted by Dogvolta View Post
    I had no intentions of ever buying/playing D3. I largely ignored the game every since it was announced. I don't have a gaming PC rig and do not plan on buying/making one. However, last night while typing a big ass fucking paper for my final, I realized that my iMac was fairly new. I checked the iMac's specs. I checked the minimum/recommended specs for D3...my fucking iMac blew the recommended specs away. I promptly logged onto my battle.net account (I have starcraft 2) and downloaded that shit.

Needless to say, I was very surprised and frustrated at this whole inability to play a single player game because of online server problems. Stupid stupid stupid shit.
    At least I got 6 pages typed...5 more to go.
    By downloading it, you're supporting that whole stupid stupid stupid shit requiring you to be logged in while playing a single player game. You're basically renting this game until Blizzard decides to cut off their servers years from now. Can't believe we let gaming companies get away with this shit. Don't buy/play/download this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    By downloading it, you're supporting that whole stupid stupid stupid shit requiring you to be logged in while playing a single player game. You're basically renting this game until Blizzard decides to cut off their servers years from now. Can't believe we let gaming companies get away with this shit. Don't buy/play/download this shit.
    Its not the same as purchasing a physical copy?
    If I had purchased a physical copy I would be able to play offline?

I whole-heartily agree with you on this issue, but I didn't realize that the issue at hand differs between physical copies and downloaded copies (in other cases I do, but not for this particular D3 case).

And btw, refusing to buy games and dlc because you don't agree with the way the market has turned accomplishes 1 thing and ONLY 1 thing: missing out on some great games and dlc.
    I personally believe things WILL change for the better. It is far too much of a controversial for anyone to ignore. The change is going to come from those involved in the industry. The voice of the video game market is LOUD, and that creates change (just look at Mass Effect 3 ordeal). But the voice is still the minority.
    Also, there are plenty of articles and interviews with the heavy hitters in the indie field (and those in the corporate industry) that are furious over the whole digital license+dlc distribution shit.

Also, check this out http://www.gamespot.com/news/capcom-...stance-6376788

My point is, I personally will not refrain from purchasing games and/or dlc that interest me simply because I have a fear/anger about the current method of game/dlc distribution. A change needs to come and a change will come (I believe)...but that doesn't mean I'm going to deliberately deny myself some badass video games in the mean time.
    Last edited by Dogvolta; 05-16-2012 at 10:41 AM.

No, sorry...by downloading I meant you purchasing it....so anyone purchasing this game (by physical copy or just download) is supporting that type of bullshit.

Unfortunately the future of gaming and most media will be online ala cloud servers. Sure some of us still require hard copies, but the general focus is to shift things to cloud servers. We're stuck online in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    No, sorry...by downloading I meant you purchasing it....so anyone purchasing this game (by physical copy or just download) is supporting that type of bullshit.
    Got it. And like I said, I agree with you in the complete bullshitness of it all...its just that...

Unfortunately the future of gaming and most media will be online ala cloud servers. Sure some of us still require hard copies, but the general focus is to shift things to cloud servers. We're stuck online in the future.
    ...exactly.
    But like I mentioned above in my poorly thought out rant, I do believe that some things will be ironed out in the consumers favor regarding this mess.

Oh, and back to D3, the god damned servers BETTER be up and running by this evening. I'm heading straight home after work, finishing up this pointless paper for school, then click click loot click loot away.

Give blizzard two weeks - they aren't (arguably) the biggest PC game company for no reason. They make cyber crack at its finest, and just when everyone gets bored, in comes a patch that changes the whole game and people switch classes etc.

They will fix everything and then I will buy into evil. Right now, I just fixed my NES for OG Zelda and Splatterhouse is fucking rad, BRO.

Coachella Junkie

That's neat for Blizzard that they're the biggest PC game company. Too bad they're fucking inept. Also, there will be no patches for Diablo, it's not an MMORPG.