Page 11 of 271 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS4 - WII U - XBone - PS3 - 360 - WII

Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS3 - 360 - WII

So I dont know if anyone saw this but....

http://nintendo8.com/toplist/more/

Words cannot describe....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by theburiedlife View Post
    I'm pretty content with it.
    and thats the bottom line.

Quote Originally Posted by kingsblend420 View Post
    So I dont know if anyone saw this but....

http://nintendo8.com/toplist/more/

Words cannot describe....
    Oh my god Kingsblend I love you.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.

Nooooooooooooooooooooo. None of the games are working. It keeps saying my java applet has failed. Somebody. Help please.

Do you have the most recent java?
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    this is fantastic news...we can all fist ourselves in peace now...
    http://www.last.fm/user/theburydlife

2011 Wishlist: Soviet Soviet, Swans, Heroin and Your Veins, Lower Dens, The December Sound, Scarlet Youth, Faunts, Bad Lieutenant, The Besnard Lakes, The Raveonettes, Screen Vinyl Image, Sway

I don't know... I am not sure. I will download the newest version anyways.

EDIT: Nope, didn't work. Whatever. I am going back to playing Pokemon on my Gameboy Colour.
    Last edited by rage patton; 02-28-2008 at 07:55 PM.

For the last god knows how many months there has been alot of talk about buying rock band. Well tonight I put my money where my mouth is an went and bought it. And............WOW. Just...........WOW. Drums.....

Sony still has a lot of ground to cover. 8 million PS3s, 17 million Xbox 360s, 20 million Wiis. And that's not even taking into account how many more game sales both Microsoft and Nintendo have. http://nexgenwars.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    Sony still has a lot of ground to cover. 8 million PS3s, 17 million Xbox 360s, 20 million Wiis. And that's not even taking into account how many more game sales both Microsoft and Nintendo have. http://nexgenwars.com/
    No doubt they have alot of ground to cover in total units sold. But, the rate of xbox sales is dropping while PS3 is increasing. Its only a matter of time. In 2008 there is a plethora of PS3 titles coming out and it seems XBOX has run out of exclusive hits. MS cant ride the hype of halo forever.

Banned

can someone say, GEARS OF WAR 2!

anyone jumping on LIVE right now?

i'm up for some Halo or COD...

or maybe even rock band... havent played that online yet...

Later this year, we will hit year 3 of the BEGINNING of THIS generation's platform gaming. For those who think that PS3 is gonna make a serious stride within the next two years (or when ever), in terms of platform sales, I don't see where your logic is at. I'm pretty sure the people that wanted a platform from this generation of gaming, have already gotten their system(s) at this point. And from now on, the only major movements in terms of platform sales, are only gonna take place around Holiday shopping and platform price breaks.

The PS3 is probably is the best system to get at this point, in terms of value. However, the demand for platform gaming has already reached its peak, and its only down hill from here on out.

With all that said, none of this includes the Nintendo Wii, that think is in its own league at this point.

P.S. I'm very satisfied with my 360. It's nice to know they throw in a 3 year warranty now with all the new units.

Cant wait for GTA4, its the main reason why I bought the frickin system!
    ass on the grill

I only own a Wii and PS2 so I am biased, but what the Wii lacks in raw power it makes up for with play control and innovation. Some of it may sound gimmicky, but the games they put out continue to be among the best, Zelda will always be my favorite, the new Mario Galaxy with its whole gravity concept is fun, Super Smash Bros. Brawl is going to be amazing though, I cannot wait. I still play the Game Cube verison often.

8 days til it's out.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bosco View Post
    Later this year, we will hit year 3 of the BEGINNING of THIS generation's platform gaming. For those who think that PS3 is gonna make a serious stride within the next two years (or when ever), in terms of platform sales, I don't see where your logic is at. I'm pretty sure the people that wanted a platform from this generation of gaming, have already gotten their system(s) at this point. And from now on, the only major movements in terms of platform sales, are only gonna take place around Holiday shopping and platform price breaks.

The PS3 is probably is the best system to get at this point, in terms of value. However, the demand for platform gaming has already reached its peak, and its only down hill from here on out.

With all that said, none of this includes the Nintendo Wii, that think is in its own league at this point.

P.S. I'm very satisfied with my 360. It's nice to know they throw in a 3 year warranty now with all the new units.

Cant wait for GTA4, its the main reason why I bought the frickin system!

key word there. you know why they throw that in "now"? because so many of them are breaking. Also, I just bought my PS3 last week. I also know 2 other people that bought one and 1 that's gonna be getting one in the next few days. Yeah, that's a total 4 proplr, but that's just people i know. i think they'll be selling systems for a while still. at a good rate.

No doubt they have alot of ground to cover in total units sold. But, the rate of xbox sales is dropping while PS3 is increasing. Its only a matter of time. In 2008 there is a plethora of PS3 titles coming out and it seems XBOX has run out of exclusive hits. MS cant ride the hype of halo forever.
    It's going to be interesting to watch play out. Every generation of console wars ends up being surprising somehow: 16-bit brought Sega suddenly out-cooling Nintendo; 32 had Sony roll in out of nowhere (Saturn was 32-bit, was Playstation 1? Yeah, right? Did Nintendo have a 32-bit entry? Virtual Boy? Ha) and take over; 64-bit killed Sega somehow, turned Nintendo into the kids' system, and made Playstation the dominant (wait, now things are confused--was Playstation 1 32 or 64 bit? It must have been 64, right? WTF, my memory for this shit is gone); then Nintendo put out a weird cube, Sony did the exact same system but beefier and with analog sticks, and Microsoft somehow became a contender despite THE MOST ANNOYING CONTROLS EVER IN ANY GAMING SYSTEM I'VE EVER ENCOUNTERED.

Based on history, comebacks as big as the one Sony has to make are unlikely. Being beaten to the punch isn't always a kiss of death, but being beaten by 2 years and 3 times the number of consoles sold is some rough shit. Especially if Microsoft and Nintendo just keep dropping their prices when PS3s get somewhat more affordable. At this point they can afford to take near losses on the console sales just to guarantee increased game sales and the percentages taken from them.

Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    It's going to be interesting to watch play out. Every generation of console wars ends up being surprising somehow: 16-bit brought Sega suddenly out-cooling Nintendo; 32 had Sony roll in out of nowhere (Saturn was 32-bit, was Playstation 1? Yeah, right? Did Nintendo have a 32-bit entry? Virtual Boy? Ha) and take over; 64-bit killed Sega somehow, turned Nintendo into the kids' system, and made Playstation the dominant (wait, now things are confused--was Playstation 1 32 or 64 bit? It must have been 64, right? WTF, my memory for this shit is gone); then Nintendo put out a weird cube, Sony did the exact same system but beefier and with analog sticks, and Microsoft somehow became a contender despite THE MOST ANNOYING CONTROLS EVER IN ANY GAMING SYSTEM I'VE EVER ENCOUNTERED.

Based on history, comebacks as big as the one Sony has to make are unlikely. Being beaten to the punch isn't always a kiss of death, but being beaten by 2 years and 3 times the number of consoles sold is some rough shit. Especially if Microsoft and Nintendo just keep dropping their prices when PS3s get somewhat more affordable. At this point they can afford to take near losses on the console sales just to guarantee increased game sales and the percentages taken from them.
    From what I have read and remember, it was the super nintendo that slowly killed Sega but then the 64 just put it out of its misery (with big help from RARE). Sega had too much infighting between Japan and America. And, instead of rolling out a next gen console to fight the SNES they just started adding all these ridiculous add ons that still couldn't compete with SNES. I thought the PS1 came out the same time as gamecube, or was it N64?

and Microsoft somehow became a contender despite THE MOST ANNOYING CONTROLS EVER IN ANY GAMING SYSTEM I'VE EVER ENCOUNTERED.
    Are you talking about the first gen xbox controller? The Big Beast? Fuck that thing sucked.

I will agree that that history is not on Sony's side. But, all we really have for history is last generation's console war. And, you could make the case one way or the other but I think the true test of a console's merit is: will people still be playing it after the next gen? In 2010 or whenever the next gen consoles come out will people ditch their 360 for the new one? Will people still be picking up PS3's instead of PS4's? I think the answer to all is yes.

Plus, Blu-Ray? I mean, thats bigger for Sony than Halo is to MS.

From what I have read and remember, it was the super nintendo that slowly killed Sega but then the 64 just put it out of its misery (with big help from RARE). Sega had too much infighting between Japan and America. And, instead of rolling out a next gen console to fight the SNES they just started adding all these ridiculous add ons that still couldn't compete with SNES. I thought the PS1 came out the same time as gamecube, or was it N64?.
    Nah dude, Genesis went up against SNES. That's when Sega was doing it's best. But they did have a series of failed add-ons like the Sega CD thing (although it had some sweet games) and their 32-bit upconverter thing whatever that was called. But it wasn't until the Saturn round against Playstation and... WTF was Nintendo doing? Did they just put out N64 like a year later than Saturn and Playstation, and then Sega had the Dreamcast out shortly thereafter? But wait, that doesn't work, because then when did Playstation 2 drop relative to Dreamcast and N64? Or did Playstation 1 go up against them? No, no, Playstation and Saturn definitely competed. Did Sony just ride its wave of sales through the Dreamcast threat and then drop PS2 later in the round? I guess so.

Are you talking about the first gen xbox controller? The Big Beast? Fuck that thing sucked..
    I hate all Xbox controls period. Fuck those assholes for trying to make me learn to use both thumbs as directional controls. I was raised on Nintendo you cocksuckers.

I will agree that that history is not on Sony's side. But, all we really have for history is last generation's console war. And, you could make the case one way or the other but I think the true test of a console's merit is: will people still be playing it after the next gen? In 2010 or whenever the next gen consoles come out will people ditch their 360 for the new one? Will people still be picking up PS3's instead of PS4's? I think the answer to all is yes.

Plus, Blu-Ray? I mean, thats bigger for Sony than Halo is to MS.
    I'm not sure blu-ray is gonna play that big of a factor. At the end of the day, it's all about the games period. Sony needs to unleash a fucking TIDAL WAVE of first-class games, and they need their versions of multi-console releases to stand over Xbox's really, really strongly.

PS1 was 32 bit, and Saturn (which I still have) was 32 bit. Sega didn't have a 64 bit system. The dreamcast was 128bit (same as PS2). Nintendo 64 was the only major 64 bit system.

Playstation competed shortly against Saturn and won (saturn died off)...the 64 came out, and the PS1 and N64 competed. Then in 1999, the Dreamcast came out, then a year later the PS2 came out (2000). Then after that, the Gamecube came out, which ended Nintendo's 64 bit era. Then Microsoft introduced their Xbox in 2001.

Ahhhhhhhhhh... thank you Erik. Seriously, that was torturing me.

I'm not sure blu-ray is gonna play that big of a factor. At the end of the day, it's all about the games period. Sony needs to unleash a fucking TIDAL WAVE of first-class games, and they need their versions of multi-console releases to stand over Xbox's really, really strongly.
    They're coming. Gran Turismo Prolouge (which will lead into GT5) and the next MGS are just a couple...

Also Final Fantasy looks out of this fucking world.

Oh balls, that's a great point. Yeah, I would be hard pressed to get a non-FF console.

I booked off next Sunday from work.

I will be playing Brawl all day long.

I spent the better part of my day smoking joints and playing my dreamcast...
    looking to purchase:big brother skateboarding magazine back issues. travis bean tb1000s electric guitars.

is God of War a sony exclusive? The original God of War is one of my favorite games ever. I sadly never got to play the second one, as I traded my ps2 for my friends 360 right as it was coming out.

I really, really want GOW on xbox
    Then I will hold you down and spit her percolations all over you until you're as greasy as the day she regrets pushing your big fat ass out her big fat cunt.

Banned

GOW 1 was better than GOW 2 in my opinion. just go get a PS3 for GOW 3. I cant fucking wait.

With probably 20+ games, unfortunatley since probably 1990-91 the 1st player controller always goes all the way left, so only 2 player games work. Cabbage patch kids was the shit.
    I can sleep in till noon anytime I want
    Though there's not many days that I do
    Gotta get up and take on that world
    When your an adult it's no cliche it's the truth

Dare I ask... what the fuck is that?

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Dare I ask... what the fuck is that?
    Colecovision, it was made by the Conneticuit Leather Company (Coleco) the same people who made cabbage patch kids I believe..... Lots of the games were made by companies like Nintendo, and Sega... It was a rival to the Atari (5200?)... For a bit they even sold an adapter that would allow atari games to be played on it. It was pre-nes/master system...
    I can sleep in till noon anytime I want
    Though there's not many days that I do
    Gotta get up and take on that world
    When your an adult it's no cliche it's the truth