Page 221 of 284 FirstFirst ... 216217218219220221222223224225226 ... LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,630 of 8504

Thread: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS4 - WII U - XBone - PS3 - 360 - WII

Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS3 - 360 - WII

Metal Gear meets Devil May Cry.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

there doesn't even look to be a sliver of a challenge with that game. even in dmc you couldn't slice through fucking buildings.

December 31 - Matthew Dear/The Sword/Pallbearer
    January 30 - Behemoth
    February 3 - Zola Jesus
    February 10 - 1349
    February 28 - A Place To Bury Strangers
    April 6 - Swans
    April 10-12 - Coachella
    April 17 - Clark/Nosaj Thing
    May 8-10 - Austin Psych Fest
    May 15-17 - Psycho California
    June 24-28 - Glastonbury

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    www.humblebundle.com

You guys, there's a new humble bundle, and it seems like a good one.

It has Amnesia: The Dark Descent, Bastion, LIMBO, Psychonauts, and Superbrothers: Sword & Sorcery EP. You can get them on Windows, Mac, or Linux. You can download with a direct link, torrent, or (what I did) with Steam codes. You also get the soundtracks for all the games.

I paid $10.

Quote Originally Posted by cutterbutter View Post
    Guys really. The humble bundle going on now is amazing. PSYCHONAUTS was the best game on the original xbox. Limbo and Bastion are both works of art. I've heard crazy things about Amnesia and my interest is peaked by Superbrothers.

And you get SOUNDTRACKS.

NO DRM. DONT BE FOOLS.

I realize I'm only barely a tourist here, but I very casually follow games that I find visually appealing and had previously been interested in LIMBO, which led me to this bundle. While playing LIMBO last night, I thought "you're falling asleep now. Maybe play something that involves fewer spider legs violently skewering your chest" and opened Amnesia, knowing virtually nothing about it. I spent three goddamn hours stumbling around that bloodspattered castle knocking shit over and another one lying awake thinking about the gaping dislocated slackjaws flapping about the antagonists' heavy-skinned manifolds. I guess what I'm saying here is that while my opinion (rightfully) means very little in this context, but I am pretty sure this is awesome. I sincerely wish I didn't have so much to do today.

I admit that I'm scared to play Amnesia. I've heard horror stories.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Amnesia scares the shit out of me. The worst part about is it that if you reload an area after failing its never the same again. So you constantly walk into these dark rooms thinking you know how to react but NNNNNOOOOOO. Fuck it really. Its brilliant gameplay, but fuck it.

The water level **shudders**

Hannahrain, if you can stomach it I highly recommend sticking to Amnesia at times when you should be sleeping :0 And Bastion is one of the most beautiful games of its kind. All hand drawn and every area feels very unique. And it has the best voice over in any game ever.

O and psychonauts has a pretty crazy level design. Its a platformer based on going into different people's minds and exploring their dreams trying to solve mysteries. Only the best from the wacked out mind of Tim Schafer.

And, they are supposedly adding another game when it hits 3 million $.

Also, are you guys pumped for E3?

Thank god. Learning something from Microsoft.

Time for SSB 4.

30 minute pre E3 nintendo announcement. Was live about an hour ago?

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/nintendo_d.../en/index.html

I definitely gave a squeal of delight at the thought of SSB4 with that controller. Even if I still want Wavebird compatibility.

Pemberton (7/18-20) ~ FYF (8/22-23)

30 minute pre E3 nintendo announcement. Was live about an hour ago?

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/nintendo_d.../en/index.html
    Holy fuck. Go to 7:00 mark in that video. Putting the tablet on the ground to see the golf ball and swinging with the Wiimote and it traveling to your TV is genius.

The Wii-U looks pretty cool. I can imagine some really great strategy and RPG functions for the gamepad. Of course, I'm also always a fan of Mario and Zelda.

I'm actually quite excited about E3, because unlike some of the recent years, I've stayed away from pretty much all news about it. I'm not sure what to expect. I hope Sony has some good announcements as far as the PS3 goes. I also hope that Nintendo gives dates for some of the 3DS stuff like Animal Crossing and Paper Mario.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Demo video/terrible commercial for Wii U.

Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogvolta View Post
    FOR ME it just seems that hardcore is how video games like this should play, and the infinite respawn gameplay is the iceing on the cake (formerly known as cheat codes, unlocks, etc) to further enjoy the game once it is beaten.

It is just how I have personally wanted to play all video games the past 5-10 years (on very hard settings) because otherwise, I just lose interest and even the "best triple A blockbuster perfect 10" video games leave me with a feeling of "meh".
    I also realize that my preference in play style differs from the vast majority mainstream market and I also realize that to think that ball busting sadisticly challenging gameplay is the only way to enjoy a video is absurd, it is, like I said, only my personal preference.
    As much as I remember hating video games like this and hating the rare seemingly impossible game that comes along these days, I completely agree. I was never one to utterly decimate every game I put into my console by getting every unlockable cheat, achievement, easter egg, etc. I am extremely bored and a little annoyed by how easy almost all video games in any genre are nowadays, even (and especially) games that have no multilayer capability. Assassin's Creed is one of those games that comes to mind, the game fucking plays itself. The majority of the game is full of filler and it's treated like fucking gold even though it's just a sandbox game with a fraction of the cool mechanics and control they had in Prince of Persia. As much I fucking despised Ninja Gaiden II, for example, it was a fucking addicting game and it felt so good to beat it. I only rented it for two weeks, luckily, so I didn't have to hate life in hard mode. I'm not sure I'm at your level of dedication but I'm sick of automatically playing games on the hardest difficulty on the first play through and still get bored with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

Why back in my day, when you played Sonic 2 on the Sega Genesis, you started off with 3 chances, no fucking around and landing on spikes over and over like you kids your zombie warfares.

edit:

And you had to always have rings too!

AND THE UNDERWATER DYING SOUND SCARED THE SHIT OUT OF YOU

water stages=watery hell

That wii controller is a breath of fresh air. Nice to see Nintendo doing something for the fans that don't want to mess with motion controls.

January 30 - Behemoth
    February 3 - Zola Jesus
    February 10 - 1349
    April 6 - Swans
    April 10-12 - Coachella
    June 24-28 - Glastonbury

Quote Originally Posted by frizzlefry View Post
    As much as I remember hating video games like this and hating the rare seemingly impossible game that comes along these days, I completely agree. I was never one to utterly decimate every game I put into my console by getting every unlockable cheat, achievement, easter egg, etc. I am extremely bored and a little annoyed by how easy almost all video games in any genre are nowadays, even (and especially) games that have no multilayer capability. Assassin's Creed is one of those games that comes to mind, the game fucking plays itself. The majority of the game is full of filler and it's treated like fucking gold even though it's just a sandbox game with a fraction of the cool mechanics and control they had in Prince of Persia. As much I fucking despised Ninja Gaiden II, for example, it was a fucking addicting game and it felt so good to beat it. I only rented it for two weeks, luckily, so I didn't have to hate life in hard mode. I'm not sure I'm at your level of dedication but I'm sick of automatically playing games on the hardest difficulty on the first play through and still get bored with it.
    I've only "utterly decimated" a very very select few games. They were the games that truly hit a chord with me and made me want to eat the game up.
    It actually took me a few years to finally realize why I was so bored with so many video games. I kept buying all these great blockbusters that people rant and rave about...
    (yes, including Assassins Creed, to name one, I'll refrain from naming the rest because they are so popular and many here enjoy those games. My point isn't that those games suck so I don't want to create unnecessary arguments here)...
    and I either didn't beat them because I simply didn't care to beat them, or I beat them for the dull sake of being done with the game, hoping to somehow achieve that sense of "that was an awesome freaking game".
    I originally thought it was because I was just growing older, new responsibilities, new hobbies/interest, work, schedule, etc. etc. While those things ARE facts in my life, eventually I learned that those were NOT the reasons I kept losing interest in games. It all clicked when I finally realized "these fucking games are playing themselves" and not a single one gave me that sense of accomplishment, satisfaction, enjoyment, etc.
    So yeah, presently I am just very very particular on what games I spend my limited game time on, and I typically always toss up the difficulty right out of the box.

On that note, I finally got a character to the end of Act 3 on Diablo 3 yesterday. My monk is close to hitting 30, and I am shitting bricks every minute of that game. I REALLY don't want to die and start the whole freaking thing over. I am so close to finally beating the game. YES, the game is pretty freaking easy on Normal even on HC. It just that I've had 3 fairly "random" deaths and had to start the whole game over. It is going to feel great to kill Diablo, I'm actually getting the old school feeling of getting closer and closer and more worried/excited about fighting a "final boss".
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    I hope Wario and Donkey Kong don't conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogvolta View Post
    I've only "utterly decimated" a very very select few games. They were the games that truly hit a chord with me and made me want to eat the game up.
    It actually took me a few years to finally realize why I was so bored with so many video games. I kept buying all these great blockbusters that people rant and rave about...
    (yes, including Assassins Creed, to name one, I'll refrain from naming the rest because they are so popular and many here enjoy those games. My point isn't that those games suck so I don't want to create unnecessary arguments here)...
    and I either didn't beat them because I simply didn't care to beat them, or I beat them for the dull sake of being done with the game, hoping to somehow achieve that sense of "that was an awesome freaking game".
    I originally thought it was because I was just growing older, new responsibilities, new hobbies/interest, work, schedule, etc. etc. While those things ARE facts in my life, eventually I learned that those were NOT the reasons I kept losing interest in games. It all clicked when I finally realized "these fucking games are playing themselves" and not a single one gave me that sense of accomplishment, satisfaction, enjoyment, etc.
    So yeah, presently I am just very very particular on what games I spend my limited game time on, and I typically always toss up the difficulty right out of the box.

On that note, I finally got a character to the end of Act 3 on Diablo 3 yesterday. My monk is close to hitting 30, and I am shitting bricks every minute of that game. I REALLY don't want to die and start the whole freaking thing over. I am so close to finally beating the game. YES, the game is pretty freaking easy on Normal even on HC. It just that I've had 3 fairly "random" deaths and had to start the whole game over. It is going to feel great to kill Diablo, I'm actually getting the old school feeling of getting closer and closer and more worried/excited about fighting a "final boss".
    Do you ever play a game for the story? I agree that a lot of the games released today are incredibly easy, but a lot of times I don't mind too much because I'm playing the game for the story. The Uncharted series comes to mind. The combat is pretty straight forward and I'm not sure I've ever had to continue, but I really enjoy the story and the platforming is a lot of fun and reminds me of the old Tomb Raider games. There are always games like Diablo and Dark Souls that provide a ridiculous challenge and beating them does feel really great, but playing a game for the story and treating it like an interactive movie of sorts (MGS series comes to mind here) has it's merits too.

January 30 - Behemoth
    February 3 - Zola Jesus
    February 10 - 1349
    April 6 - Swans
    April 10-12 - Coachella
    June 24-28 - Glastonbury

Microsoft E3 conference starts at 9ish. Follow your trustee internets if you care.

I saw a television commercial for Internet Explorer yesterday. Dafuq?
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    It's really boring when people use this thread to post about their successes.
    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    ...... hey im not posting anything in here about half raptor half alligator people

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Do you ever play a game for the story? I agree that a lot of the games released today are incredibly easy, but a lot of times I don't mind too much because I'm playing the game for the story. The Uncharted series comes to mind. The combat is pretty straight forward and I'm not sure I've ever had to continue, but I really enjoy the story and the platforming is a lot of fun and reminds me of the old Tomb Raider games. There are always games like Diablo and Dark Souls that provide a ridiculous challenge and beating them does feel really great, but playing a game for the story and treating it like an interactive movie of sorts (MGS series comes to mind here) has it's merits too.
    Yeah thats a great point. There is a lot of things that make up a solid game, not just a challenge. Story always plays a huge factor in plenty of great games. Over the years I've just noticed that if there isn't a challenge in the game to hook me and give me something to work towards (and be rewarded with further story), I just seem to lose interest (once again though, thats just me). For example, I'm sure Heavy Rain has a GREAT story line, I just really did not care at all for the story or game, even after so many hours "playing" it.

Now on the other extreme side of example, that game N+ (and meat boy, for what its worth), super challenging gameplay that keeps you coming back for more...not my cup of tea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    I hope Wario and Donkey Kong don't conflict.

Playstation Allstars is basically the Sony version of smash bros. pretty awesome you can have the big daddy from bioshock fight fat princess along with sly. Looks fun albeit more chaotic then even smash bros is.

Quote Originally Posted by RedHotSgtPeppers View Post
    I saw a television commercial for Internet Explorer yesterday. Dafuq?

Stream of the sony press conference:
    http://www.ign.com/events/e3/2012/live-video

Quantic Dream have a new one coming called Beyond: Two Souls. YES!

Stream of the sony press conference:
    http://www.ign.com/events/e3/2012/live-video
    "We are proud to introduce new products that will rape your holes for all your cash"

I agree, I don't need a ridiculous challenge to enjoy a game but it really helps. Bioshock is one of those games that I was floored by even though it was pretty simple to get through after the first couple of big daddies kicked my ass. The story was neat but really the ambiance created in the game was magnificent and I was actually a little apprehensive or frightened at parts in both of the titles and the gameplay was absurdly fun. It's probably one of the prettiest games released for these consoles.

Coachella Junkie

Whoever made this fucking Wonderbook is getting murdered Andres Escobar style.

This. Game.

Astounding. Captivating. I cant wait.