Page 220 of 279 FirstFirst ... 215216217218219220221222223224225 ... LastLast
Results 6,571 to 6,600 of 8366

Thread: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS4 - WII U - XBone - PS3 - 360 - WII

Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS3 - 360 - WII

Quote Originally Posted by RedHotSgtPeppers View Post
    I can play games from 13 of those consoles just with my modded Wii.
    While I considered purchasing a modded Wii myself for all the games in one system, I find playing Zelda on an original NES far more satisfying, even if I have to do the blow still.

If you're still considering buying a pre-modded Wii, don't. It's incredibly easy to do yourself with a computer, an SD card reader and a 2gb SD (not SDHC) card, and a Smash Bros Brawl disc.

I've modded 3 Wiis so far (2 have been my own), and if you have all the files and instructions handy, it only takes about 20 minutes to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    It's really boring when people use this thread to post about their successes.
    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    ...... hey im not posting anything in here about half raptor half alligator people

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    While I considered purchasing a modded Wii myself for all the games in one system, I find playing Zelda on an original NES far more satisfying, even if I have to do the blow still.
    Gives me goosebumps every time.

Quote Originally Posted by RedHotSgtPeppers View Post
    If you're still considering buying a pre-modded Wii, don't. It's incredibly easy to do yourself with a computer, an SD card reader and a 2gb SD (not SDHC) card, and a Smash Bros Brawl disc.

I've modded 3 Wiis so far (2 have been my own), and if you have all the files and instructions handy, it only takes about 20 minutes to do.
    Yay for emulators?

So, E3 is next week. Anything big rumored? I use to follow this stuff closer and always was excited. It's been rather dull since they dont refresh console as often and its just a sequel fest.

I'd just like a new Advance Wars for my DS (3D or otherwise).
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Quote Originally Posted by cutterbutter View Post
    So, E3 is next week. Anything big rumored? I use to follow this stuff closer and always was excited. It's been rather dull since they dont refresh console as often and its just a sequel fest.
    More Call of Duty, more Halo, more Kinect shit...

I didn't realize E3 was so soon. It's hard to get excited about it, because I feel like half of whatever is announced will not even be released within a year or two years or ever.

I was playing Diablo 3 today and Belial keeps kicking my ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    I didn't realize E3 was so soon. It's hard to get excited about it, because I feel like half of whatever is announced will not even be released within a year or two years or ever.

Must....resist...temptation.....must...not...buy.. .cybercrack..........

YET

Quote Originally Posted by Starraven View Post
    Yay for emulators?
    My Wii can play NES, SNES, Gamecube (from the discs), Wii games from a hard drive, N64, Virtual Boy (yay), Genesis, Atari, and arcade (I think) games. It's the all-in-one that I need!
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    It's really boring when people use this thread to post about their successes.
    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    ...... hey im not posting anything in here about half raptor half alligator people

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post

So once I unlocked hardcore mode I immediately stopped playing that character and vowed to ONLY play hardcore until I beat the game. I got a monk to lvl 26 (mainly solo). Other than the lvl 10 on NM, this monk was my first character. I solo'd Belial, I got his health down to A SLIVER, and I seriously mean a sliver of health, to the point where I stopped caring about playing carefully and just hacked away because HE HAD NO MORE LIFE IN HIS BAR. Somehow I died. My health was full one second, and the next second, at most, my health was gone. (EDIT: yes, maybe it could have been lag, but I do remember watching the red orb drain, it just drained SO FAST)

I died.

I gasped out loud. Sat there, shocked. I fell in love with that character and all of the awesome gear he had. Destroyed, forever.
    After the two minutes of shock wore off, I created a new monk. Over the weekend I leveled to 24, got careless in some dungeon while in a 4 person party, and died instantly. I resisted the urge to rage, and calmly created another freaking monk. He is now lvl 10 with all yellows and one orange helm.

Here is the thing though. I honestly think I would care so much less about this game if I have been playing NM. There is ZERO risk in normal mode. I can't become completely engrossed, engaged, and entertained in a game that simply requires retry after retry after retry with no risk or loss....it just seems like the game plays itself at that point.

Maybe I enjoy it so much better because it is how gaming used to be. If you failed, you failed. At BEST you might be given so many "lives", a couple "continues", and at worst, you just had to start all fucking over again. I became hooked on video games largely because of this risk/reward system. The sense of huge accomplishment/satisfaction is immense when the game doesn't hold your hand with respawn after respawn after respawn.

My one gripe about Diablo 3: Ironically, the way you die. It is an instant BOOM YOUR LIFE IS GONE BECAUSE YOU BLINKED. Something about that mechanic just always rubbed me the wrong way. And, it turns out, Blizz addressed this issue in a recent announcement. Granted, it was regarding Inferno difficulty, but the same "spike in health loss" issue is essentially the same issue across all difficulties.
    Last edited by Dogvolta; 05-29-2012 at 07:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    I hope Wario and Donkey Kong don't conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogvolta View Post
    game doesn't hold your hand with respawn after respawn after respawn.

My one gripe about Diablo 3: Ironically, the way you die. It is an instant BOOM YOUR LIFE IS GONE BECAUSE YOU BLINKED. Something about that mechanic just always rubbed me the wrong way. And, it turns out, Blizz addressed this issue in a recent announcement. Granted, it was regarding Inferno difficulty, but the same "spike in health loss" issue is essentially the same issue across all difficulties.
    Dinged 60 last night. Can't wait to fail over and over in Inferno.

I'm not hardcore enough for hardcore it seems

Quote Originally Posted by Starraven View Post
    Dinged 60 last night. Can't wait to fail over and over in Inferno.

I'm not hardcore enough for hardcore it seems
    You do have a point, and maybe I should clarify. I very much plan on playing through the game over and over and over and over on NM. Beating the game on Hardcore first just seems much more proper (and enjoyable) for me personally. FOR ME it just seems that hardcore is how video games like this should play, and the infinite respawn gameplay is the iceing on the cake (formerly known as cheat codes, unlocks, etc) to further enjoy the game once it is beaten.

It is just how I have personally wanted to play all video games the past 5-10 years (on very hard settings) because otherwise, I just lose interest and even the "best triple A blockbuster perfect 10" video games leave me with a feeling of "meh".
    I also realize that my preference in play style differs from the vast majority mainstream market and I also realize that to think that ball busting sadisticly challenging gameplay is the only way to enjoy a video is absurd, it is, like I said, only my personal preference.
    Last edited by Dogvolta; 05-29-2012 at 09:41 AM.

I'm not ready for the hard modes in Diablo III. Right now, I just want to get through the story and stuff... But even in this normal difficulty, Belial gave me a hell of a time. When he drops those green things all over the place, just one of them will clear out my health completely it seems. What sucks about it, though, is that the reason the things hit me is because moving the character is so awkward. The response is so wacky sometimes. Because those green things take a few seconds to fall, and if I had better control of my character, I could probably avoid them. Pretty much all the times that I've died have been cheap things, where the game started lagging. There are times when I'm moving my character around and attacking things, but all the monters are just frozen in place, and then in a minute or two everything starts moving really fast and I died because I don't know what the hell was going on. Poop.
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Coachella Junkie

Granted, it was regarding Inferno difficulty, but the same "spike in health loss" issue is essentially the same issue across all difficulties.
    Err. No. Not really. Normal mode is a breeze. If you're getting one-shotted in Normal you need to find better gear.

Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    Err. No. Not really. Normal mode is a breeze. If you're getting one-shotted in Normal you need to find better gear.
    the second time I died on normal was when I got frozen in place against 4 blues and an acid pool formed around me. I was in a party of 4 so damage was way up.
    My gear was fine (all yellows). I might have been a couple levels under leveled for that area, but still. And against Belial, I was definitely OVER-leveled with great gear. The fight was barely a challenge, in fact, it WASNT a challenge. Once I saw his life was just a millimeter, I hugged him and swung away, then bam, health drained.

Coachella Junkie

the second time I died on normal was when I got frozen in place against 4 blues and an acid pool formed around me. I was in a party of 4 so damage was way up.
    Yeah, Frozen Dessicator can definitely do that. i wouldn't call it a one shot though. Run like a motherfucker from those crystals.

The fight was barely a challenge, in fact, it WASNT a challenge. Once I saw his life was just a millimeter, I hugged him and swung away, then bam, health drained.
    I just fought him with a second character last night. Put a flawless square ruby in the first socketed weapon I could find, took about 20 seconds.

www.humblebundle.com

You guys, there's a new humble bundle, and it seems like a good one.

It has Amnesia: The Dark Descent, Bastion, LIMBO, Psychonauts, and Superbrothers: Sword & Sorcery EP. You can get them on Windows, Mac, or Linux. You can download with a direct link, torrent, or (what I did) with Steam codes. You also get the soundtracks for all the games.

I paid $10.

Last edited by Alchemy; 05-31-2012 at 07:51 PM.

Guys really. The humble bundle going on now is amazing. PSYCHONAUTS was the best game on the original xbox. Limbo and Bastion are both works of art. I've heard crazy things about Amnesia and my interest is peaked by Superbrothers.

And you get SOUNDTRACKS.

NO DRM. DONT BE FOOLS.

Sword and Sworcery is probably the only game that could be called a work of art on the ipad/iphone
    Quote Originally Posted by darkjustice View Post
    this mix is tripping me out
    Audio junky/CD collector
    Coachella 2001/2003

Humblebundle looks amazing.
    So if I purchase/download on my PC here at work, can I play these games on my iMac at home?

have any of you played the impossible game? this is pretty much how it is.

NSFW
    Quote Originally Posted by Young blood View Post
    Stop being a pussy should be the answer to all of life's problems. It has worked for me so far.

that made my morning. I had that game on my iphone for about 2 days. I hated every second of it.

Humblebundle looks amazing.
    So if I purchase/download on my PC here at work, can I play these games on my iMac at home?
    Yeah, when you purchase the humblebundle, they send you an e-mail with a unique link. You can visit the link when you get home (the link has downloads for all systems, not just PC).

Fucking awesome.

DOING IT!

And they give you the steam download codes. They really do it up right. I always feel good paying a good amount for this. Bastion is a MUST so pay the average or more.

They still have the downloads available from bundle 2 and 3 for me. Love them.

Anybody in here play Black Ops Zombies?

My xbox got the red ring again after four months of my original repair, took it back to the place the fixed it and they did another repair. It's working so far but now I don't have a warranty on the repair (they said they would extend it for $35 but declined)...

I'm da man at Madden, come at me on xbox laker2125.... U scurred U scurred stop acting like a B you scurred.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geno_g View Post
    My xbox got the red ring again after four months of my original repair, took it back to the place the fixed it and they did another repair. It's working so far but now I don't have a warranty on the repair (they said they would extend it for $35 but declined)...
    i got the rrod 4 times before it finally worked. got it a fifth time and i just bought a new xbox.

October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 18 - Slayer
    November 19 - eyehategod
    January 31 - Mayhem/Watain