Page 215 of 277 FirstFirst ... 210211212213214215216217218219220 ... LastLast
Results 6,421 to 6,450 of 8283

Thread: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS4 - WII U - XBone - PS3 - 360 - WII

Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS3 - 360 - WII

referenced Gamespot to the employees of Gamestop and I don't think they liked it much. "No comment" looks on their faces.

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    Get it, Gemma!
    so awesome.

Ah! It should be on this page:

MissingPerson is fighting for her rights.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

nice april fools joke. i laughed.
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 9 - Black Vice
    September 11 - Earthless
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 15 - Primus
    November 18 - Slayer

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    Ah! It should be on this page:

MissingPerson is fighting for her rights.
    I was really, really, really super tired in this photo.

Now that I have the white robes in Journey, all I want to do is play through with a first timer and have him be my apprentice, but I have not been able to find a newbie waiting around in any area

Journey is a trip; can u explain more ? I played with someone who had a longer flight tail(?) than I. I got thru the mountains and the game ended. I imagine co-op for being super successful is balancing flight energy and flight between both parties? Timing properly to make sure both players stay in flight?

Got my ass kicked by the flying dragon cyclops things a few times, but a great game even though it is quite short

So, each time play through the game the gold pattern on the bottom of the red robe. This makes it pretty easy to spot who's on their first journey and who is revisiting to find all the glowing symbols, wall art, and other secrets.

When you play the game and collect all glowing white symbols, on any number of adventures, you are able to change your robes to white. The white robes have the ability to charge the scarf just walking on the ground. When you are in the white robes you can totally see people taken back by the different character and begin chirping and circling you loads. Its pretty funny.

I downloaded and played the game my first time after it was only available on PSN for an hour or so, which had me meeting a friend who was also on his first play through. I cherish that experience of going through completely blind with another who had just as much intrigue as me. When we first met we kind of freaked out. You could tell. Its not like we kept playing as you do now when you see people it was "HOLY GOD THERE IS SOMEONE ELSE! WAIT SLOW DOWN. CHIRP. CHIRP. CHIRP. LETS BE FRIENDS. OH MY GOD WE CAN HELP EACH OTHER FLY. FRIENDS FOREVER" and played from the beginning to end with that guy, pausing at the same moments, waiting for each other. The anonymity and atmosphere of the game provided an outlet for absolute chivalrous co-op play, none like I have ever seen in my life of playing video games.

A fault I have seen is that areas and portions can be completed without a player wanting to be paired with someone walking by who obviously has done everything before. There is a mechanic to not be paired by staying away, but thats not always possible or apparent. I think those that have played before need to be patient and shepherd those on their first journey with respect as that first play through is unlike any I, or many from the praise the game has gotten, have experienced in gaming or dare I say few experiences in art be it movies, games, or music. If you play it on your own its an absolute definitive experience of solitude and persistence on life's journey, but with a partner... an anonymous partner at that, with no means to communicate besides a chirp... there is something magical about it. Whether you make a new friend in each section or go from the desert to summit with the same fellow its communication and interaction at its simple and visceral core.

My hope is that I will be able to load up a game and meet a fellow player on his first journey through the world, and go with him as the white robed character who he can only know as "different" and assume my experience. I want to do this not to lead him and have him follow me, but play with him and when he seems confused to give a simple chirp and charge up his scarf to make it to the next ledge; as if I am his master and he my apprentice. How often is acceptable to take the back seat in a cooperative experience and feel a reward in that role? And to realize that you are creating a lasting impression someone's experience of not just this game but an often unobserved respect for art and entertainment. The game may be short, but with varied interactions based on how forward you want to be as a player and supportive as a partner it's a wonderful thing that I don't know can be replicated in any other medium or space outside of actual human interaction and our own journey's in life.

Coachella Junkie

OK.

One of the only problems with portal 2 co-op is knowledge gained from people who have beaten the game before spoils the effort and suprise of the puzzles and situations. Basically having somebody tell you how to complete the insane puzzle or helping you complete them spoils the point of the game. Its sounds like a great fucking thing that journey doesn't allow chatting.

Also I think if it got released on xbox gamers would still reach out and try to talk to each other, unless they somehow had a way to block communication.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkjustice View Post
    this mix is tripping me out
    Audio junky/CD collector
    Coachella 2001/2003

The gamer name isnt shown until after the credits have rolled. It doesn't even utilize the PSN recent player venue. Totally anonymous until all is said and done. The reveal of the names is one of my favorite moments.

The system would work perfectly for Portal 2. The pinpoint tool is plenty of info to play the game.

Cutter's excitement for Journey just made me buy it--Might as well play it while there are still people to journey with...

Also, I always knew wherever MP was, and in whatever she was doing, she was most certainly resolute.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSwan View Post
    Cutter's excitement for Journey just made me buy it--Might as well play it while there are still people to journey with...
    Yeah! As I mentioned you can tell if they are a first timer or not by the bottom of their robe, if you want to try to meet a friend of a certain experience. If you do that

This is a first time player:

While this is a 2nd or 3rd time player:

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

i don't understand online gaming
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    I was really, really, really super tired in this photo.
    Check your PM!
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

Done, hit me up.

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

I haven't played either of the first two. I would buy one but I'm saving up money for a Wii now that they're super cheap.

I'm looking at getting a new monitor for my computer. I'm looking in the 27" range. Any brand that you all use or might recommend?
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 9 - Black Vice
    September 11 - Earthless
    September 16 - Earth
    September 21 - Nails
    October 2 - Beck
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 15 - Primus
    November 18 - Slayer

Quote Originally Posted by cutterbutter View Post
    Ahahahaa... All of the people I have journeyed with have abandoned me when I stopped to smoke. On that note, I actually find the online aspect of the game intrusive. I will be working out a puzzle at my own pace, and then all of sudden someone tries to get all up in my journey--Doing the puzzle for me and whatnot. I would prefer to be able to play the game through by myself if I want to.

Ahahahaa... All of the people I have journeyed with have abandoned me when I stopped to smoke. On that note, I actually find the online aspect of the game intrusive. I will be working out a puzzle at my own pace, and then all of sudden someone tries to get all up in my journey--Doing the puzzle for me and whatnot. I would prefer to be able to play the game through by myself if I want to.
    I remember reading an article/review of this game, and the writer said that he first played through the whole game disconnected from internet, and then he plugged in and played through the whole game again.
    Seems that that is what I'll be doing when I get this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    I hope Wario and Donkey Kong don't conflict.

That is a good idea.

Yeah I saw that earlier today too. This whole ME3 fiasco is just stupid now. Bioware/EA seemed to not make the best choices in the last 10 minutes of a 3 game series, and the "fans" are completely out of hand with their crying.
    My personal experience with the ending: I enjoyed it, thought it was neat. The oddness of it made me more ambivalent than angry/disappointed. I read up on the indoctrination theory, ended up liking the ending a LOT more. If the theory proves to be false, oh well, ME series ranks in my top 5 video games of all time still, if theory proves true, even better.
    My bottom lines remains: Bioware/EA - stupid decisions, butt hurt fans - ok, be butt hurt, but shut up and move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    I hope Wario and Donkey Kong don't conflict.

at least it's free. that's pretty uncharacteristic of ea.
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 9 - Black Vice
    September 11 - Earthless
    September 16 - Earth
    September 21 - Nails
    October 2 - Beck
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 15 - Primus
    November 18 - Slayer

That is a good idea.
    Yeah I understand the problem. You can run in the opposite direction from them and it will disconnect at some point. Or pause it which will make you meditate and you can press square I believe to stop playing them. Weird secret I read online. Just go back to the first broken bridge area and wait for a newbie to start at the same place. It'll be worth it.

EA can suck my fucking ballsack.
    Quote Originally Posted by weeklymix View Post
    you shut your whorish mouth when talking about the sea king.

Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    Done, hit me up.
    Check it again. LOL I failed the first time.
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

On another note, Diablo 3 will have active API and when you finally reach Inferno, difficulty will now be leveled to a more increasing status rather than being flat-line difficult across all acts.

I was looking forward to Inferno just being out of control hard to complete, but am at the same time glad that it will be the normal easier to harder type of gameplay.