Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Led Zeppelin for '08?

Default Led Zeppelin for '08?

There are rumors that Page, Plant, Jones, and Jason Bonham might schedule dates for a Zeppelin tour after their concert in London... would it be wishful thinking to hope that the Coachella promoters could convince them to play a set in Indio? I think I would jizz myself.

Default Re: Led Zeppelin for '08?

Quote Originally Posted by yeoman369 View Post
    There are rumors that Page, Plant, Jones, and Jason Bonham might schedule dates for a Zeppelin tour after their concert in London... would it be wishful thinking to hope that the Coachella promoters could convince them to play a set in Indio? I think I would jizz myself.
    Best thread ever.

Try Bonnaroo.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Bonnaroo 2008 will have Zeppelin, to go along with Pearl Jam and RHCP. I suggest going to another festival board to peddle this idea.

I'd really like to see them, but I think Bonnaroo is more likely.

Banned

bonnaroo was made for zeppelin. if they played, i would consider going out there, but i think realistically they will do their own stadium tour and rake in the dough. ill be there!

For me to spend all that money to fly out to Tennessee summer humidity, I'd need Led Zeppelin, another good headliner, and at least 15 other acts I want to see, including some more rare ones and acts I have not seen before.

Banned

they would have spend all their budget on led zeppelin. i dont see it happening. zep will do their own thing...

Bonnaroo can afford to take the hit on spending a lot for Zep. They paid The Police, I am sure they will for Zep and not worry if they break even money wise.

I hope Zeppelin don't play Bonnaroo. It will mean I have to go to Bonnaroo. Which I wouldnt mind going too... but my wallet really would.
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

When does your wallet ever get a break now though? Lots of things will kill it next year. If Radiohead does Sasquatch, and Zep does Roo, you are pretty much in the red for sure, plus Coach.

could care less about a Led Zep reunion. Too old to rock no more rocking for you.
    The White Stripes 9/18

old school

I can't wait to see Radiohead, Muse, and Zeppelin at Glastonbury
    Lick an orange, it tastes like an orange. Lick a pineapple, it tastes like a pineapple. Go ahead, try it. Try some more. The strawberries taste like strawberries. The snozzberries taste like snozzberries! We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams. Come along, come along.

Quote Originally Posted by yeoman369 View Post

Do you really want to deal with the complete and utter mayhem that a bunch of 50something Zep fans would bring to the (relative) tranquility that is Coachella. Think of the worst Rage fans and how much of a pita they are. Now multiply that x1000.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Funkaho View Post
    Man, the Beatles were overrated like gravity is overrated. ......... Say what you want, but statements like "the Beatles were overrated" make me much less likely to listen to anything you say afterward.

Quote Originally Posted by ShyGuy75 View Post
    I can't wait to see Radiohead, Muse, and Zeppelin at Glastonbury
    And lets hope Silversun Pickups play at the Same Time one of them do, you would have to kill yourself then wont you? And hope your wallet can take the exchange rate.

I think The Smiths fans would eat the Zep fans for breakfast if it ever happend.

old school

touché!
    Lick an orange, it tastes like an orange. Lick a pineapple, it tastes like a pineapple. Go ahead, try it. Try some more. The strawberries taste like strawberries. The snozzberries taste like snozzberries! We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams. Come along, come along.

Quote Originally Posted by summerkid View Post
    could care less about a Led Zep reunion. Too old to rock no more rocking for you.
    How close am I to guessing the only rockin' you did when Zep was at the top was perhaps in your momma's arms?
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

isnt like led zep like dead ro something?
    coachella vet: 02, 03, 06, 07, 08, 09......
    http://mrgwillgo.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    How close am I to guessing the only rockin' you did when Zep was at the top was perhaps in your momma's arms?

I think that video speaks for itself / :
    The White Stripes 9/18

Like OMG, totally. But they still have the bulk of their entourage.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    Do you really want to deal with the complete and utter mayhem that a bunch of 50something Zep fans would bring to the (relative) tranquility that is Coachella. Think of the worst Rage fans and how much of a pita they are. Now multiply that x1000.
    Are you another one where the only rockin' you were doin was in your momma's arms during the concerts that we created all the mayhem at? Allow me to clue you in... while you were still breastfeeding, Led Zeppelin was making history and some kickass music memories and one day you'll be all grown up and realize when you're 40 or 50, you'll still want to relive those days, but won't quite have the mayhem from years before.
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by summerkid View Post

I think that video speaks for itself / :
    Except they're not Led Zeppelin.

Broken, you are dangerously showing your age. Led Zeppelin is/was awesome, but I just don't see Coachella being their scene.

I don't want to see Jack White embarrassing himself after he gets his AARP card trying to rock out like he's 30, but he'll probably return to some piano balladry like some of the stuff off Get Behind Me Satan or some more country tinged stuff like his work on Van Lear Rose. Key is to age gracefully in music unless you are fucking crazy like Iggy Pop then you can do what you want. Rock N Roll is a young man's game.
    The White Stripes 9/18

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Broken, you are dangerously showing your age. Led Zeppelin is/was awesome, but I just don't see Coachella being their scene.
    Umm, I don't know about that. They've pretty much mellowed out on the mayhem as well and Jimmy Page can do things with a guitar that musicians at Coachella do with all the modern technology. (Remember Dazed and Confused with the violin bow and lazers? Let these youngsters see that on "E" and tell me they won't give mayhem anew style.) Besides, Zep would be alot better than Madonna, no doubt.

Go see them at Bonnaroo then.

I'd like to see them but not at Coachella.

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    When does your wallet ever get a break now though? Lots of things will kill it next year. If Radiohead does Sasquatch, and Zep does Roo, you are pretty much in the red for sure, plus Coach.
    As of right now, there is a 100% chance I am going to Coachella 08. There is a 99% chance I am going to both days of Sasquatch and 99.9% chance I am going to atleast Sunday of Sasquatch, to see the Cure. I got a full refund (service charge included!) on my Cure tickets in Vancouver.
    No Zeppelin at Bonnaroo this year, means no Bonnaroo for me. I would say there is a 1% chance I will make it out to Bonnaroo this year. God... if Pearl Jam and Zeppelin are headlining though... That would kill me.

if zep play i will be watching something else, just not interested in seeing them live without the aid of a time machine

Bonnaro will be worth the trip for sure. Pearl Jam and Zeplin? You kiddin' me. The question for me is who will they bring for electronica. That Sasha and Digweed sunrise set was legendary. Slotted from 1:30-3:30, they played till 5:30. Kinda nice having no curfew.

I am curious to check out the vibe at Bonnaroo, but it's rather expensive. Needs a real solid lineup with a "OMG! Once in a lifetime" act or two.
    Last edited by Boourns; 11-14-2007 at 12:49 AM.